Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Drumstick Charlie
Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: April 4, 2020 17:03

Hello everybody ,
Did any of you take Charlie's wands at the end of the concert?
or some other object like the picks of Ron and Keef?
thanks for your attentions.
I 2 picks Ron and Keef ..

Re: Drumstick Charlie
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: April 4, 2020 17:12

I got. Charlie’s stick after the Helsinki gig on VL tour when I was one of the local roadies. But dropped it from my back pocket during the carrying. Grrrrrr!

Date: April 4, 2020 17:15

noooooooooo !!!!

Date: April 4, 2020 17:38

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: April 4, 2020 17:54

My buddy got Keith pick after Winos show at Fox Theater in Detroit, 88.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 4, 2020 18:29

Almost got Charlie's drumstick at the Enmore Theatre in 2003. He threw it and it was heading straight for me. At that exact moment my wife started to faint from heat exhaustion. I had to make a.split second decision - do I catch her or do I let her fall and catch the stick. I chose to catch her.....

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: April 4, 2020 22:21

Two times it touched my Fingers..... I’ve seen some gruel Fighting about it in London 2003 at the Wembley Arena. I do have an original Charlie Watts drumstick, but a got it at concert with a raffle. Not one where Charlie played with sadly. I do own a program of the concert of Charlie at the Ronnie Scott’s Jazz club 2004 with an autograph of Charlie!! I’m very proud of it.
In Dublin 2003 Ronnie throw his towel to me after the show when I asked it to him. I got it in my hand, but my “neighbour” got it in his hands too. He wouldn’t let go, even though he knew Ronnie threw it to me. But don’t want to fight, not even for a very desirable thing from one of my heroes.
In 2003 Munich Olympic Stadium a had told one of the Stones security people of the Stones that Keith would throw his pic to me, but he can’t aim. He smiled about that. But one of the pic’s Keith threw felt on the ground in front of the gate. The security man gave it to me. I have it in a golden necklace.
In 2018 in Old Trafford Manchester Finally Keith got his aiming in order and he threw a pic in my hand.

Posted by: astsu ()
Date: April 4, 2020 23:46

I have a single one from Cologne 1990, May 30th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-04 23:53 by astsu.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: April 5, 2020 04:31

john lomax
Almost got Charlie's drumstick at the Enmore Theatre in 2003. He threw it and it was heading straight for me. At that exact moment my wife started to faint from heat exhaustion. I had to make a.split second decision - do I catch her or do I let her fall and catch the stick. I chose to catch her.....

Difficult but wise decision smiling smiley

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: April 5, 2020 05:26

When my kid was born I wanted to call him Charlie, wife said no. My favorite stone , Charlie, my favorite footballer Charlie Nicholas (when at Celtic). I now think he is a wee shite. Anyway she said no, kid came two weeks early, on Charlie Watts birthday. It’s a sign. She said no. I wrote to Charlie watts & told him the story along with 2 photos of my kid (not called Charlie) playing the drums. He signed both them & send them back to me. He is now my kid’s favorite Stone

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2020 06:04

Charlie Is Your Darling …………………..

cool story Donne.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 5, 2020 11:07

Yes, Charlie's drumstick. Wembley Arena 2003.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 5, 2020 11:24

I got my first pick from a grinning Keith straight from his hand in my palm during Dice at Cirkus 2003. As I was standing in the King's box I could just take two steps up on the stage. Then in the next song (Brown Sugar) I signaled to Ronnie to flick his cigarette in my direction so he promptly did, laughing, and I ended up with his fag in my mouth during the rest of the song. (Kept that one as well of course)smoking smiley

In Copenhagen 2007 I got Lisa's setlist and Charlie signed it for me the next day, about 45 minutes before I shook hands with God (Keith).

I got additionally 5-6 pics from Keith and Ronnie and a couple of 2014 setlists (one from Mick, Tele2 Arena, Stockholm) but I've never got hold of a drumstick of Charlie.

Charlie's drumstick is almost like a perfect El Mocambo recording, a holy grail.
smileys with beer

Date: April 5, 2020 11:28

Donnebr
When my kid was born I wanted to call him Charlie, wife said no. My favorite stone , Charlie, my favorite footballer Charlie Nicholas (when at Celtic). I now think he is a wee shite. Anyway she said no, kid came two weeks early, on Charlie Watts birthday. It’s a sign. She said no. I wrote to Charlie watts & told him the story along with 2 photos of my kid (not called Charlie) playing the drums. He signed both them & send them back to me. He is now my kid’s favorite Stone

Great story adress Charlie ????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 11:29 by stones2.

Date: April 5, 2020 11:31

Rolling Hansie

Wow....fantastic

Date: April 5, 2020 11:35

MadMax
I got my first pick from a grinning Keith straight from his hand in my palm during Dice at Cirkus 2003. As I was standing in the King's box I could just take two steps up on the stage. Then in the next song (Brown Sugar) I signaled to Ronnie to flick his cigarette in my direction so he promptly did, laughing, and I ended up with his fag in my mouth during the rest of the song. (Kept that one as well of course)smoking smiley

In Copenhagen 2007 I got Lisa's setlist and Charlie signed it for me the next day, about 45 minutes before I shook hands with God (Keith).

I got additionally 5-6 pics from Keith and Ronnie and a couple of 2014 setlists (one from Mick, Tele2 Arena, Stockholm) but I've never got hold of a drumstick of Charlie.

Charlie's drumstick is almost like a perfect El Mocambo recording, a holy grail.
smileys with beer
Wow...

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 5, 2020 13:29

A guitar pick from Keith used at the B-Stage at the Globen (Sweden, 2003).
Keith tried to through it into the audience but it ended up behind the safety fence of the B-Stage.
Security Guy saw it and gave the pick to me smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 13:30 by mrfancyman.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: April 5, 2020 13:38

I got Charlies stick (Keith side) in Houston last year :-) I arrived in Houston with no ticket, but ended up in the Pit with a drum stick...a good day at the office.

Countless Picks scored - but significant ones: Once each from Ronnie & Keith they have placed a pick directly and purposely into my hands - both times at Rod Laver Arena. The night Keith did it, I scored 5 picks in total.

I also got Ronnies - CYHMK Pick at the Fonda :-)

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Date: April 5, 2020 15:19

rcfoxy
I got Charlies stick (Keith side) in Houston last year :-) I arrived in Houston with no ticket, but ended up in the Pit with a drum stick...a good day at the office.

Countless Picks scored - but significant ones: Once each from Ronnie & Keith they have placed a pick directly and purposely into my hands - both times at Rod Laver Arena. The night Keith did it, I scored 5 picks in total.

I also got Ronnies - CYHMK Pick at the Fonda :-)
Fantastic Richard ...
I Am Richard form Italia

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:33

Where's Ben? He got 12 (or was it 20?) on the 2018 tour alone! (thanks for Marseilles Pit-LD, u rule forever!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 17:18 by FrogSugar.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 15:50

next best thing,I got to shake Charlie's hand in Boston back in 2003.

Date: April 6, 2020 13:05

Rolling Hansie

You where the one fighting for it? The first day in Wembley Arena was the fighting........ spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 6, 2020 13:08

MadMax

smileys with beer

Was must have been standing close together. I was in front in Cirkus Krone in the middle right in to the stage of Mick. Just against the very small middle stage.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 7, 2020 01:39

Got Keith's pick Wembley Arena ...actually my wife got it with her super fast Italian hands

Date: April 7, 2020 01:47

exhpart
Got Keith's pick Wembley Arena ...actually my wife got it with her super fast Italian hands

Wow , i am Italian , tu di dove sei ? Io Emiliano ma vivo tra Genova e Savona ...ho sempre desiderato prendere le bacchette , ma 23 concerti in prima fila è difficile , ho preso plettro Ron e Plettro Keef ..

Date: April 7, 2020 01:52

Ciao , io sono italiano, vicino Savona .tu di dove sei ? Tua moglie italiana ? Io purtroppo solo plettri di ron e Keff..

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 7, 2020 02:08

Christiaan
MadMax

smileys with beer

Was must have been standing close together. I was in front in Cirkus Krone in the middle right in to the stage of Mick. Just against the very small middle stage.

Cheers mate, I wasn't in Munich, only at the Stockholm Cirkus. That Munich show was hot I Heard winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-07 02:09 by MadMax.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 7, 2020 02:29

I've gotten a number of Charlie's drumsticks over the years but I usually give them away to other fans. They are a nice momento but I don't need more than one. I even have a guitar pick with Charlie's name on it for some reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-07 22:45 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: April 7, 2020 03:04

My friend caught one of Keiths picks from a Wino's show. It read "Talk is cheap, but touring isn't".

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: April 7, 2020 03:25

Montreal, 1998... I was with my brother, 5th row Ronnie's side. At one point, Ronnie threw his pick and it passed right beside my head and hit the guy behind in the chest. It fell on the floor and 5-6 people dived to get it. I stayed standing watching the show. At a certain moment, all the people stood up probably thinking another guy got it. My brother looked on the floor, bent as if he was picking something on the floor and asked me ''Is that what you were looking for?''
I kissed him and I still got this pick at home. At he hand of the show, Charlie threw his right hand stick and it was coming towards me but clearly too high. I turned around and saw a guy's hand catching it 2-3 rows behind me. I turned back to the stage and watched the Stones make their salute to the crowd.
Turns out that the guy didn't catch the stick or dropped it and it ended up under my chair.
Again, my brother went to get it and even touched it, but at the very last second, the guy behind me took it. I looked at him. He was short and very skinny.... The thoughts that went threw my mind.... I'm not gonna tell you hahahahahah
Anyway... Still got Ronnie's pick at home and it has a very personal value 'cause my brother died a couple of years after. He got me that pick :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-07 03:27 by daniel t.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home