Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones Memorabilia Value - Post Lockdown
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 3, 2020 14:05

With a lot of doubt out there on whether The Stones and other bands and musicians will tour again for some time because of the coronavirus, would it make their memorabilia a lot more valuable not that I'd ever sell any of my, just asking

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: The Stones Memorabilia Value - Post Lockdown
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 3, 2020 14:31

An increase in financial value will depend on reduced availability of the product and/or an increased demand for the product. I can't see much Stones stuff having any significant value in the future. Maybe if you own the guitar Keith played at Altamont, you'll have a valuable item.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: April 3, 2020 14:50

With the current state of the world economy, I would say the value of memorabilia (and most non-essential consumer goods) has gone down as countless people face financial worry.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 4, 2020 00:54

……mmmmmmm yeah at the moment the
last thing on peoples mind would be
forkin out BIG $$$$$ for a piece of splatter vinyl ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 4, 2020 01:45

This is by far the most common question I get about collecting. The truth in my case is it is far from my purpose in collecting. People spend lots of money playing golf or whatever, collecting is my hobby which I enjoy sharing with many others. I try to only buy things that I get pleasure out of in terms of their beauty, the memories they stimulate or the enjoyment gained in hunting them down.

If I was forced to give my opinion however I would back the very best items to hold and gain value but the rest to slip away. When I say the very best items I mean things like stage clothing, handwritten lyrics, instruments, the very rare records, rare posters etc...

Unfortunately, most things that most people have had access to buy were produced in such quantity they will never be that difficult to find and as the demand for those items drops, so will their price. Luckily this kind of stuff isn't crazy expensive anyway and it's easy to get at least what you paid out in terms of enjoyment.

If you buy well and you buy quality it will always do better than quantity. The important thing to remember is this is a hobby and it should be enjoyed. Collect what floats your boat and share and enjoy your passion.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 4, 2020 03:47

if you collect as an "investment" you are doomed to disappointment. None of it is really worth anything when it comes down to it. If it makes you happy, that's good, but I wouldn't suggest spending money on stuff expecting it to appreciate. If you appreciate it, that's what counts.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-04 06:27 by jbwelda.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 4, 2020 07:56

jbwelda
if you collect as an "investment" you are doomed to disappointment. None of it is really worth anything when it comes down to it. If it makes you happy, that's good, but I wouldn't suggest spending money on stuff expecting it to appreciate. If you appreciate it, that's what counts.

jb

Yes. I started collecting old comic books in the late 80s. I was able to get my hands on a few nice golden age books. Soon after the price skyrocketed. And you can't enjoy them because you have to put them in hard plastic slabs so their condition remains as high as possible. That's not enjoying a hobby. I like to read them, and get the feel of the era they are from. I have no intention on selling any. I like what I have, modest as it is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home