Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12
Re: Matt Lee's Book
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 17, 2022 01:23

Dear IrelandCalling4, so great to hear you found Hot Stuff in a real book shop! Thank you for your kind words... It was so much fun to put Hot Stuff together after 25 years collecting.

I was sent this picture the other day by a Stones family member which made me smile... Hot Stuff in the window of Labyrinth in Glastonbury!

Matt Lee's Book 'Hot Stuff'
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 20, 2022 22:14

HOT STUFF

20 Jan 2022

THE STORY OF THE ROLLING STONES

Hot Stuff presents the largest collection of Rolling Stones memorabilia in the world, chronicling the band's history from their inception in 1962 to their latest 2021 tour, the No Filter Tour.

With hand-written introductions by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood, the Stones' extensive story is told through over 1,500 rare items, which are expertly photographed and reproduced. These include:

Setlists and historic documents, including the Rolling Stones' first professional contract
Stage costumes, such as Richard's top worn at the infamous 1969 show at Altamont, and Jagger's one-of-a-kind butterfly jacket from the band's sold-out Hyde Park show in 2013
Instruments such as Ronnie Wood's hand-painted Urban Jungle guitar
Rare vinyl pressings, including an acetate of the group's first-ever studio recording
Collectible promotional items garnered from decades of the Rolling Stones' tours up until today

Alongside this is a fascinating commentary by the curator of these items, Matt Lee, who holds a Guinness World Record for his Rolling Stones collection. Anecdotes about the memorabilia and encounters with the group give insightful and often entertaining context to each of the items. The result is Hot Stuff - a completely unique biographical document of one the most famous rock bands in history.

This very limited extended edition comes signed by Lee and is accompanied by five pieces of authentic Stones memorabilia - perfect for building or starting one's own collection.

[www.genesis-publications.com]

Re: Matt Lee's Book 'Hot Stuff'
Date: January 21, 2022 13:16

This is just the biggest honour to have been asked to do a special edition of Hot Stuff with Genesis Publications. Back in the late 90’s I was a student and dreamed of having their beautiful books. We are adding a detailed solo section as well as some iconic pieces that I have acquired in the last ten months since the original edition went to press. Most excitingly I am selecting five pieces of real memorabilia to go in each set! I am just so excited to share this passion with those that love it too.

Posted by: woody ()
Date: January 21, 2022 14:24

Hi Matt
Genesis are reluctant to put a price on the limited edition, just asking people to register interest,unusual for them.
I have all the other publications and I am interested,but wonder why they haven’t priced it ?

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 15:22

Hahaha, you've learned commerce from your idols!
Just got your book a day before I got the news from genesis books, and now I will HAVE to get that updated version smiling smiley
Any chance of revealing what the 5 merch items are?

Anyway, love your book and how you promote it. Briliant smileys with beer

Date: January 21, 2022 15:34

woody
Hi Matt
Genesis are reluctant to put a price on the limited edition, just asking people to register interest,unusual for them.
I have all the other publications and I am interested,but wonder why they haven’t priced it ?

It’s not been priced yet because we haven’t quite finalised the specification. The costs can change quite a lot depending on the run size too. we really liked the idea of the real memorabilia and now I have dug it all out we can figure out how to house it in the set etc… The spec has got better and better and we have shot lots more content too. We will be working hard to keep the price as affordable as possible. It’s not going to be a large run, most likely only 500 copies (about a quarter of most of their titles).

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 21, 2022 15:38

mattleeuk
It’s not been priced yet because we haven’t quite finalised the specification. The costs can change quite a lot depending on the run size too. we really liked the idea of the real memorabilia and now I have dug it all out we can figure out how to house it in the set etc… The spec has got better and better and we have shot lots more content too. We will be working hard to keep the price as affordable as possible. It’s not going to be a large run, most likely only 500 copies (about a quarter of most of their titles).

Can we select our own picks? smoking smiley

Date: January 21, 2022 23:01

SomeTorontoGirl

It would be hard to accommodate all requests, there is a very high mix of Keith ones but also so Ronnie, Mick, Charlie, City, etc…

There will be at least 5 items in each set. We are just figuring this out! Other confirmed items are original back stage signs, a laminate pass, a satin pass and a concert handbill. I am working on maybe a couple of other things too but they might not be possible. I want to spread the joy.

The sets will be done fairly, I am arranging everything into good, better, best and will blend the sets so it would be almost impossible to say one combination was better than another…

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:11

mattleeuk

The sets will be done fairly, I am arranging everything into good, better, best and will blend the sets so it would be almost impossible to say one combination was better than another…

You know I’ll be a complete PITA if I don’t get 2 of Keith’s - would love to frame a pair with back/front showing. And since someone else always seems to catch ‘em, this secondary sourcing is as good as it’s gonna get. If needed, I can barter some extra IORR Band pics - you already snagged one - or whisky! grinning smiley

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:16

SomeTorontoGirl

You can't pick & choose....

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:26

woody

"All the other publications". "ALL"? Really. You must have very deep pockets and an astonishing range of interests.

The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, Cat Stevens, The Doors, Joplin, The Pretenders, Jeff Beck, Motor Racing, Elvis, Faces, The Jam, Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Captain Cook, Clapton, Beach Boys, The Bounty, Lou Reed, Vogue, ELO, Alice, The Pythons, Jimi, Dylan, Queen, Bowie, Traffic, Marley, Mary Rose....

Quite the polymath indeed. :-)

[www.genesis-publications.com]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 22, 2022 02:33

It’s likely Woody meant all the other Stones titles. I have deluxe and collector of each Stones title plus several non Stones including all the Woody ones of course. I am such a fan of their work. Each publication is a work of art.

Date: January 22, 2022 18:12

Hi Matt
Thanks for the update.
Yes I did mean all the other Stones ones.
The STU book and The 1969 Tour are all so excellent, which l know you have x

Date: January 22, 2022 18:13

Hi
I did mean all the Stones ones and a few others.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: January 22, 2022 19:02

Go Matt!

Date: February 24, 2022 00:11

WOW! Thank you all, I am humbled.

Genesis sent an advance ordering link to customers who had specifically asked for updates on the deluxe edition of Hot Stuff and we are already 60% sold out in 24 hours!

The book launches to their whole database tomorrow evening so if it is something you fancy please take a look. It's super limited because every copy includes at least five original pieces of memorabilia! (Guitar pick, laminate pass, sticky pass, backstage sign and handbill)

Full info and pre order price here:

https://www.genesis-publications.com/product.asp?preview=1&productid=9781905662807

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 24, 2022 04:44

Very cool!! I noticed there are 64 additional pages compared to the regular edition :-)

I wont be surprised if all 500 are sold out by the weekend.

Well done Matt!

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-24 05:16 by rcfoxy.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 24, 2022 09:47

I just ordered a copy. The Genesis books are wonderful and do hold their value over time. Once sold out the price to obtain this edition will climb. Thanks
for the notice Matt.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 15:46

Ordered Matt’s book and the Faces 1969-1975 book. Going to be a long wait til Matt’s August release.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 16:47

We gotta wait until August to get this delivered?
Worth the wait, I'm excited!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 24, 2022 17:40

Over $500 with the 10% discount? No thanks.

Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: February 24, 2022 17:59

Ordered today
go to all the others books on the Stones of Genesis editions

Date: February 25, 2022 00:43

Wow! Thank you so much…. As of an hour ago there were only 80 copies left!

“Hot Stuff” has become one of Genesis’ fastest selling books on any subject by anyone ever.

I am very aware my signature is worth nothing and it’s almost embarrassing to sign each copy but as a collector I understand people like signed books even if the author isn’t famous. I have plundered my archives to find 2,500 genuine items of memorabilia to ensure everyone gets great value. I love this band and I love collecting but I enjoy nothing more than sharing my passion.

Thank you for this opportunity. See lots of you soon,

Matt

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: February 25, 2022 12:51

Chitown23
Actually, now the site says September

Date: February 25, 2022 13:06

Jfk19562003
Chitown23
Actually, now the site says September

Yes, unfortunately it takes ages as Genesis editions are beautifully printed and hand bound. With the extra 64 pages and super high quality paper the book will be around twice as think as the mass edition.

Genesis just called, there is only about 50 left (10%), it’s all set to be their fastest ever sell out of any book on or by any artist ever…. In the mid 1990’s I wished to get just one of their books. This is literally a dream come true!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 25, 2022 13:31

You kick ass, bud!

Date: February 25, 2022 18:19

Only 35 left now…. Utterly incredible

Date: February 25, 2022 21:19

Sold Out! Officially Genesis’ fastest ever sell out, 3 days after pre release and 24 hours after general sale. Wow, wow, wow! Thank you all.

Posted by: JohnnySnapps ()
Date: February 25, 2022 21:47

Looking forward to this! Congrats, Matt!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 25, 2022 23:01

Congrats! Huge achievement! Too rich for my blood, but I'm glad you put this together for those who bought it. I'm sure you have plenty of cool stories. And if you have any Stones items you'd like to sell, let me know.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1660
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home