Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12
Re: Matt Lee's Book
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 19:36

I have one under the tree from my wonderful wife. cant wait to spend some time with this book. First few glances look amazing!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: December 26, 2021 20:10

mattleeuk
Thank you DandelionPowderman and monkeymantoo!

For those in the UK Amazon have it on promotion for only £10.11 right now… it won’t last long as there is very little stock of the first edition left.

Hot Stuff - Amazon.co.uk

Just bought a few extra as gifts, to bump Monsieur Lee up a few spots on the Amazon bestseller list - wondering how high we can get him!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: December 26, 2021 22:38

RobberBride
mattleeuk
Thank you DandelionPowderman and monkeymantoo!

For those in the UK Amazon have it on promotion for only £10.11 right now… it won’t last long as there is very little stock of the first edition left.

Hot Stuff - Amazon.co.uk

Just bought a few extra as gifts, to bump Monsieur Lee up a few spots on the Amazon bestseller list - wondering how high we can get him!

I have climbed to number 2 in the category! Thank you! Can I get number 1?

Date: December 27, 2021 16:31

I am still second to the Panini sticker book... How good would it be to be number one! It's only £10.11 today too!

Buy Hot Stuff on Amazon!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 27, 2021 18:35

Many thanks for the hot tip Matt! Just purchased a copy for collection at my village post office here in Oxfordshire. £10 Amazon gift voucher + 11 pence grinning smiley Good luck. The summit is in sight thumbs up

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: December 27, 2021 20:58

Just bought my copy
Looking forward to it smiling smiley

Date: December 27, 2021 21:24

grzegorz67
Many thanks for the hot tip Matt! Just purchased a copy for collection at my village post office here in Oxfordshire. £10 Amazon gift voucher + 11 pence grinning smiley Good luck. The summit is in sight thumbs up

Thank you, nervously waiting for the chart to refresh tonight... everything crossed. I am not unhappy with coming second to Panini but number 1 in a category is SO hard and would be amazing, even though only for a very short time it would still have been a number one. Fingers crossed and thank you for all your support! If you are on the fence still now is the time :-)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 27, 2021 22:34

Got Hot Stuff for a friend delivered yesterday and two more as a Christmas afterthought due to be delivered tomorrow, making four since the first one for myself.

Get this first edition now guys and gals.

Cannot recommend this book high enough.

It's a great, great read. smileys with beer

Date: December 27, 2021 23:26

Thank you all so much! I made it :-) I am number one in my category and No.4 in Popular music! It's the great feedback I have received from fans that made all the hard work pulling it together worth it. I really appreciate all the support I have received from this forum.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 27, 2021 23:31

And No. 16 in Music!

Date: December 28, 2021 00:42

Well done Matt.

A really great achievement in all respects. thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 28, 2021 00:53

mattleeuk
grzegorz67

Thank you, nervously waiting for the chart to refresh tonight... everything crossed. I am not unhappy with coming second to Panini but number 1 in a category is SO hard and would be amazing, even though only for a very short time it would still have been a number one. Fingers crossed and thank you for all your support! If you are on the fence still now is the time :-)

Congratulations on not being a mere 19th Nervous Breakdown, but rather, a Paint it Black!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 28, 2021 07:01

Finally “got” my copy on Christmas morning and spent the last couple of days spare hours devouring it.

Matt, what a collection. What a COLLECTOR! I am amazed at what you’ve got.

I have that teardrop Out of Tears single. No idea it was/is a “rarity”. Bought it in Singapore the Year it came out. Of course, I removed the hype stickers so I’ve no idea of the number it is. But it’s a nice package.

I’m a fan but nowhere near your level of FANatisism! My closest contact with them is sitting one ass cheek on stage for the whole Enmore Theatre Licks show. Having a high five with Keith. Having HIM tossle my hair and having him say to me as he was playing the opening licks to HTW as he was on one knee in front of me, one arm in the air as the other peeled off the licks “how @#$%& easy is this?”…and I touched Mick’s shoe as he was standing over me, much to his displeasure. Fair enough.

Thanks and congrats for the book.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-28 08:01 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 28, 2021 07:34

Congrats Matt!!!
You were already a number 1 for us but now you are also number 1 in the chart!
Cheers! smileys with beer

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 28, 2021 10:43

@mattlee

Your book is fab. I received a copy for my birthday and I’ve really enjoyed seeing your collection. It’s the most interesting Stones book I’ve read in a long time.

Cheers!

Date: December 28, 2021 18:04

Got my two extra Hot Stuff books from Amazon this morning.

One will go to brother in law tomorrow and other one to a friend in Spain fairly soon.

Both of these guys will have a pleasant surprise for the end of 2021. smiling smiley

Date: December 29, 2021 17:08

Thank you so much for all your support! It's been incredible and it really means a lot to me. When I started collecting I did it with passion for our favourite band and it kind of snowballed. It was the book about Chris Eborn's collection that inspired me and I hoped to one day meet him as I studied his book daily. It wasn't long before I did and we became great friends.

Never did I dream that I would one day do my own book, especially one that the band members would all write a handwritten message for, would be a best seller and feature on huge billboards!

So many people have been a huge part of the story but there are only two people Hot Stuff wouldn't have happened without. The amazing Roland Hall from Welbeck the publisher who pestered me to do it and commissioned it. Then the incredible Chris Lehourites who spent around 50 weekends with me finding the items to feature in my storage, writing up the stories and making sure we got all our facts correct!

There is some more exciting news coming soon! Hopefully I will be able to announce the opening of my museum too where you can see many more treasures there was just no space for in the book.

I am always looking to add items to the collection so please get in touch if you have something you think I might be interested in! The last collection I bought took a lorry to collect but I am equally happy with one great item.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 29, 2021 17:22

mattleeuk
Thank you so much for all your support! It's been incredible and it really means a lot to me. When I started collecting I did it with passion for our favourite band and it kind of snowballed. It was the book about Chris Eborn's collection that inspired me and I hoped to one day meet him as I studied his book daily. It wasn't long before I did and we became great friends.

Never did I dream that I would one day do my own book, especially one that the band members would all write a handwritten message for, would be a best seller and feature on huge billboards!

So many people have been a huge part of the story but there are only two people Hot Stuff wouldn't have happened without. The amazing Roland Hall from Welbeck the publisher who pestered me to do it and commissioned it. Then the incredible Chris Lehourites who spent around 50 weekends with me finding the items to feature in my storage, writing up the stories and making sure we got all our facts correct!

There is some more exciting news coming soon! Hopefully I will be able to announce the opening of my museum too where you can see many more treasures there was just no space for in the book.

I am always looking to add items to the collection so please get in touch if you have something you think I might be interested in! The last collection I bought took a lorry to collect but I am equally happy with one great item.

50 weekends of fun!!!!

Thank you Matt. It was so great to be a part of it all. I would do it all over again!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 29, 2021 17:25

Congrats to both of you delightful gents!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 29, 2021 18:56

I used to know a guy, through record fairs, from Braintree in Essex, who reckoned he had the Goat's head - he said, "as big as an armchair". I never saw it............and that was 20 years ago and he was pretty old and unhealthy looking then so he might be dead by now.

(And, I can't remember his name so..........useless information really ..... unless...........smiling smiley

Date: December 29, 2021 19:17

EddieByword
I used to know a guy, through record fairs, from Braintree in Essex, who reckoned he had the Goat's head - he said, "as big as an armchair". I never saw it............and that was 20 years ago and he was pretty old and unhealthy looking then so he might be dead by now.

(And, I can't remember his name so..........useless information really ..... unless...........smiling smiley

That would be very cool but more of a museum piece than one for ones home! Sadly there isn’t a Goat’s Head Soup can in the book as I didn’t find one until halfway through the 2021 USA Tour! They were from the Munich press conference. The Stones don’t have one either as they asked me for one when they re released Goat’s Head Soup.

Date: December 29, 2021 19:55

mattleeuk
EddieByword

That would be very cool but more of a museum piece than one for ones home! Sadly there isn’t a Goat’s Head Soup can in the book as I didn’t find one until halfway through the 2021 USA Tour! They were from the Munich press conference. The Stones don’t have one either as they asked me for one when they re released Goat’s Head Soup.

That's what he said.............He said he had to hire a van to collect it and then kept it in his garage.....(I wish I could remember his name......confused smiley

Date: January 8, 2022 21:39

Bernard and Darryl enjoying Hot Stuff in Miami

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 9, 2022 14:00

mattleeuk

I wonder which page they're looking at. Could be the one with the Angie original picture sleeve.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-09 14:01 by JJHMick.

Date: January 9, 2022 14:34

JJHMick
mattleeuk

I wonder which page they're looking at. Could be the one with the Angie original picture sleeve.

At a guess, I'd say 1976 - Black and blue ad.................page 122

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 9, 2022 23:06

EddieByword
JJHMick
mattleeuk

At a guess, I'd say 1976 - Black and blue ad.................page 122

I'm still trying to work out why Matt Lee is in the photo.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 15, 2022 16:03

Just seen this article in The Daily Mail and looks like it's genuine and going to auction next week.

A nice additional item for Matts' collection maybe.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 15, 2022 16:47

mattleeuk

They’re like Matt has a picture of Bill Wyman in here…Mick and Keith are going to want that airbrushed out!

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 16, 2022 19:41

Just purchased here in Limerick in Eason's bookshop, one of the main newsagents/book retailers, and it is s gem smiling smiley Wasn't expecting Easons to have it, but there it was, calling to me, beckoning me and my 8 year old Stones fan daughter forward - purchased on the spot!

Discovering the Stones in '93 was completely unlike the internet reality of today. Information was not easy to come by - a full list of their albums, critical thoughts on each era. The only live Stones was whatever I could tape from TV (Barcelona '90 and LSTNT). I purchased Victor Bockris' Keith bio for a thorough journey into their history. 'Not Fade Away' displaying Chris Eborn's wonderful collection was my second Stones book. These days every aspect on every bands history is within easy reach.

Hot Stuff is a beauty, am loving it already. Excellent job Matt!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 16, 2022 23:38

IrelandCalling4

Discovering the Stones in '93 was completely unlike the internet reality of today.

Pedantically the INTERNET has been around since the early 1980s. By 1993 there were active Usenet Newsgroups where international Rolling Stones fans could communicate, and most importantly the Undercover Rolling Stones mailing list was founded in 1992.

You really meant that the creation of the World Wide Web has changes things - and that is has!!!!!. The Web is an application that runs over The Internet, just like email.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 9 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home