Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: Matt Lee's Book
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: December 19, 2021 20:34

It’s a shame you insist on writing rude comments and not reasoned arguments. You gave absolutely no reasoning behind your criticisms.

Anyway, probably the most experienced member of this board reached out to me privately to say I should ignore you. They noted that the pinnacle of your experience was interviewing Bill Wyman.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 19, 2021 20:43

Glad you can talk through your issues it will help.Stay safe.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 19, 2021 21:45

................................... Readings new city store ---- Emporium Melbourne ..................... photo Rockeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 19, 2021 21:54

Rockman

................................... Readings new city store ---- Emporium Melbourne ..................... photo Rockeeeeeeeee

I'll probably be there later today and will appropriately worship at the Hot Stuff Shrine....

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 20, 2021 05:32

Thanks guys! Love seeing Hot Stuff in a real book shop! Not sure if that is good availability or selling too slowly!

Date: December 20, 2021 07:53

mattleeuk
Thanks guys! Love seeing Hot Stuff in a real book shop! Not sure if that is good availability or selling too slowly!

I can report that we dutifully worshipped at the HotStuffShrine in the real bookshop identified in Rocky's posting. Our souls were enlightened and our spirits uplifted.

PS. Matt. Ignore the Trolls.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 20, 2021 08:30

stargroover
It’s a pity that you act so child like to someone else’s opinion.Laughable.
I have seen the Stones both solo and as a band all the over the world over the years in both large and intimate venues.I just don’t shout it out from the roof tops or brag about my collection and endeavours.It’s known as modesty Matty my dear friend.A great trait to pass on down through the genes by the way.Lol

"It’s a pity that you act so child like to someone else’s opinion.Laughable."?

You are a troll. Your opinion is not only wrong but arrogant. To think that you are so profound, which seems to come off that you could do "better" than Matt Lee, is only of a position of jealousy.

Since you obviously can't, not won't, do "better", STFU.

It's one thing to say "I don't like..." here about someone's whatever... it's another to flat out attack because of a failure of taste - of which there is no accounting for, obviously, in your case - for something one hasn't done and will never do.

You can smoke your pipe, Mr Stagroover, but we all now know there are funny bubbles coming out of it.

Your jealousy REEKS. Why you insist on talking such bunk only points you in a direction of being a narcissist along with being a gaslighter/strawman theorist, which has nothing more than sounding like someone that insists on things being "a done deal" when being completely wrong because of OPINION.

You have the WRONG opinion.

You have attacked someone's creativity period.

Your comments are not valid to/for me - anywhere on IORR.

Hopefully that is the case with everyone else here.

Date: December 20, 2021 09:01

Looks like the Posse has arrived,LOl.
And you must be the Sheriff GasLightStreet.Everybody is entitled to a view point,it’s known as freedom of speech.
Look up the word democracy you might learn something today.
I am a poster on this board not a peddler on the board.
Good day to you GasLightStreet you protected your B chum.Now do one.Lol

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 20, 2021 15:29

Let's stay on topic here. This thread is about the Hot Stuff book. No need to start any personal disputes four days before Christmas Eve. Smile, be nice, and be happy. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: December 20, 2021 17:38

smileys with beer

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: December 20, 2021 20:34

I agree with BV. I had to smile that the somewhat argumentative Gas Light Street is now the cowboy in the white hat. Nonetheless, well said, GLS, I'm happy to saddle up in your posse for this ride spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Merry Xmas to all concerned smiling smiley)

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 21, 2021 00:07

I've only just seen these awful comments on a few pages here, from obviously a troll in my opinion.
Those sort of comments are trying to incite an argument, and totally uncalled for. thumbs down

Date: December 24, 2021 02:43

Couldn't be more proud to see Hot Stuff on a huge Billboard! Thank you all so much for your amazing support.

Date: December 24, 2021 02:45

Hey thats cool .... congrats

ROCKMAN

Date: December 24, 2021 06:33

Rockman
Hey thats cool .... congrats

It's even more amazing that Matt happened to be going past the advert when it came up. Incredible coincidence!

Story of his life really.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 24, 2021 06:37

Is he the bus driver ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: December 24, 2021 07:26

Ordered mine today. Christmas present to me. Arrives next Tuesday. Thanks in advance for the work Matt. Looking forward to a good read over New Year’s.

Date: December 24, 2021 11:12

Rockman
Is he the bus driver ????

Yup. You got it.

He drives Route number 66.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 24, 2021 17:13

I'm going to keep my eyes open next time I go up to London Town in the next couple of weeks. smileys with beer

Date: December 24, 2021 23:01

crawdaddy
I'm going to keep my eyes open next time I go up to London Town in the next couple of weeks. smileys with beer

If you happen to drive along the Cromwell Road between the 27th and and the 2nd (Heathrow to Harrods) you won’t miss it!

Date: December 25, 2021 00:57

Cheers Matt.

Will definitely take a few pics when I see it.

Congratulations on such a wonderful read, and makes a really great gift for Rolling Stones fans. smileys with beer

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: December 25, 2021 13:39

I got the book in late November and set it aside for Christmas, so I finally unwrapped it last night.

I love it, it is really beautifully, lovingly and professionally made and many collector's items shown were unknown to me.

Best wishes and congratulations, Matt!
I hope to get the book signed next time we meet on the road.

Date: December 25, 2021 14:27

Thanks for your kind words crawdaddy and TIRED.

So glad it was worth the wait. It was really hard deciding what to leave out. I tired to make the spread even across the years and the type of stuff too. I wanted to have things that people recognised and some they probably hadn’t seen. There was then the challenge of finding everything I wanted to put in (I have over 100,000 items). The really positive reaction has made the 25 years collecting and lockdown of pulling the project together so worth it. Thank you!

Posted by: StonedALIVE ()
Date: December 25, 2021 20:45

Under the tree there was a treasured gift from my son Brandon. Tearing off the festive paper to find a beautiful hardcover Hot Stuff by Matt Lee. Once it was in my hands, it took hold of this Stones junkie and I couldn't put it down. I've been collecting since 1980 and I thought this might have photos of a lot of stuff in my collection, boy was I wrong. The selection of items showcased are so rare and unique. I love the story about JR and the RSM-1 record. Someday, I will make the trip across the pond to ask Matt if he would personalize this treasure with a signature. What a Merry Christmas. It's good to be StonedALIVE. "If we are all one, then let's show we are all one."MJ

Date: December 26, 2021 12:27

So glad you found some interesting stuff in Hot Stuff, StonesALIVE. Hopefully there will be good reason for you to make the trip soon and you can check out the Hot Stuff Archive at the same time, I will be opening soon. There is so much more to see. God bless JR, I miss him everyday. He was an absolute expert in his field and a genuine top bloke. Even though I was a young buck and he the great high priest he was totally delighted that I found his holy grail. He taught me 99% of what I know about vinyl and I still only know a tiny fraction.

Date: December 26, 2021 12:49

Got Hot Stuff from my wife for Christmas. Sensational stuff thumbs up

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: December 26, 2021 13:47

Just received as a gift. I'm looking forward to discovering it and visiting the museum

Date: December 26, 2021 14:51

Thank you DandelionPowderman and monkeymantoo!

For those in the UK Amazon have it on promotion for only £10.11 right now… it won’t last long as there is very little stock of the first edition left.

Hot Stuff - Amazon.co.uk

Date: December 26, 2021 15:51

Just ordered two more from Amazon at such a great price,as a Christmas afterthought.
One is for brother in law who is a big Stones fan,and he recently gave me a book he printed about David Bowie.
The other is for a dear friend in Spain who is not too well these days, and another big fan of the Rolling Stones.

A great gift for all Stones fans.

Get the first edition of the book before they go. thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 26, 2021 15:57

mattleeuk
Thank you DandelionPowderman and monkeymantoo!

For those in the UK Amazon have it on promotion for only £10.11 right now… it won’t last long as there is very little stock of the first edition left.

Hot Stuff - Amazon.co.uk

And on Ebay for those that don't want to get involved (like me) with amazon................[www.ebay.co.uk]

Hmmm.............if it hadn't been for all the sniping you got earlier about your book, I would never have known you had one (or at least maybe not as been so curious about it)............silver lining and all that........winking smiley

I did just buy it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home