Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: Matt Lee's Book
Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 9, 2021 00:30

Green Lady
As someone who isn't remotely interested in acquiring physical memorabilia (and couldn't afford it if I was), I'm delighted that someone - Matt Lee - does have the funds and the dedication to put such a collection together, and to share it in his book. I'll be getting a copy.

(And anyway, I've always known I'm not a real fan.)

I have a some minor things, not much, a couple of framed photos, a little jewelry, an occasional t-shirt, and now an actual tour poster, omg.

Yeah, riiiiiiight, Green Lady. Not you, naw, no way, no how. ;-) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 9, 2021 14:55

[www.CDJapan.co.jp] , [www.Amazon.co.jp] - printed in Japanese language

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-31 19:35 by Irix.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 9, 2021 16:58

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: December 10, 2021 03:08

Irix

Also available at [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

This is the Japanese language edition :-) As a collector I can’t tell you how excited I am to get this one! We have flown by 10,000 sales so hopefully other language editions will follow soon.

Date: December 10, 2021 03:12

ProfessorWolf

keith's jersey from Altamont?

that sounds like a pretty awesome find

Sadly less of a find and more of a purchase, expensive but cheap for the historical importance of the piece and the amount of time Keith lived in the jersey and was photographed in it especially of course at Altamont.

Date: December 10, 2021 11:20

mattleeuk

This is the Japanese language edition :-)

Yep - thanks for the hint. I hadn't seen the Japanese letters due to the very small preview-pictures on CDJapan. Better, larger pictures now on [www.Amazon.co.jp] :

Large picture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-31 19:40 by Irix.

Date: December 12, 2021 22:34

A great page to see with the Japanese writing, it’s all about the 1973 Far East tour that didn’t happen.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 13, 2021 11:47

Just got mine. Looks great, but before I could digest ANYTHING of it really, it was whisked away for safe keeping until Christmas morning by my wife!

There goes sleep the night before Christmas....just like a kid again!

Congrats Matt

Rod

Date: December 18, 2021 09:12

Lots of omissions in this collection.I mean where is Charlie’s ink pen sketch of the butterflies?
Still I am waiting for this book to hit the bargain bin b4 hitting click

Date: December 18, 2021 23:08

stargroover
Lots of omissions in this collection.I mean where is Charlie’s ink pen sketch of the butterflies?
Still I am waiting for this book to hit the bargain bin b4 hitting click

If you don't have anything constructive to say please don't buy it, with such a negative attitude you would be wasting your valuable time even if you were given it.

Date: December 18, 2021 23:11

Honoured to be named by Variety as one of the Best Music Books of 2021.

Variety - The Best Music Books of 2021

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 19, 2021 02:26

mattleeuk
Honoured to be named by Variety as one of the Best Music Books of 2021.

Variety - The Best Music Books of 2021

Very well done indeed.

(Odd that that the list omits McCartney's "Lyrics" book. Perhaps the compilers thought that only 1 Beatles book could be on the list?)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: December 19, 2021 04:59

Santa brings it next week. Thanks again for that ticket in NYC ML

Date: December 19, 2021 10:01

The Bill Wyman auction books of which there were three were free to bidders and were of a high quality representing the ultimate collection.This book don’t come anywhere near close.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: December 19, 2021 12:16

stargroover
The Bill Wyman auction books of which there were three were free to bidders and were of a high quality representing the ultimate collection.This book don’t come anywhere near close.

I wonder what your problem is? You‘ve expressed your dislike enough already.
I and many others are really looking forward to getting it for Christmas.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 19, 2021 13:01

stargroover

Free... were they now?? As a bidder, wish I had known winking smiley
Lol.

Property From Bill Wyman And His Rolling Stones Archive
$200.00
[www.juliensauctions.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-19 13:10 by MisterDDDD.

Date: December 19, 2021 13:12

stargroover

I agree the auction catalogues are absolutely fabulous but they were also eight times the price if you didn't buy at least a few lots. They feature many items I gave Bill including some postcards signed by Philip Townsend that feted about $900 each (I used to sell them for $40 a pair!). However if it's a historical record you want then one needs to be careful of the very many mistakes. Not that I am complaining, as I picked up several 1972 treasures for 20% of their value that were mis described as from 1975.

Obviously I won't publish what Bill wrote to me on seeing the book but it's fair to say he was blown away but the variety and quality of the items spanning the entire bands career in Hot Stuff. He openly admits he only ever had one original early 60's gig poster, and I know of seven of the same one (also in my collection and featured in Hot Stuff). There are many early posters, that there are only one known of, in Hot Stuff. Interestingly there are no early 60's gig posters in the also amazing "Not Fade Away" that first inspired me and which you say you prefer. To be fair I am not sure how you can tell given you have made it clear many times you don't have Hot Stuff and don't intend to buy it.

It's people like you that hide behind their keyboard that spoil this community. I am Matt Lee from the UK and I post as mattleeuk. I believe in free speech but I also believe in being respectful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-19 13:13 by mattleeuk.

Date: December 19, 2021 13:17

MisterDDDD
stargroover

Lol.

$200.00

I thought they were only $100 but you are right they were $200! They were free if you were a very likely bidder or spent big... I have spent a lot with Juliens' and was sent a free set in advance and an additional free set with my 30 something lots. I did bid, hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars, I have friends that bought several lots that didn't get a free one.

Date: December 19, 2021 13:25

mattleeuk
MisterDDDD
stargroover

Lol.

$200.00

I thought they were only $100 but you are right they were $200! They were free if you were a very likely bidder or spent big... I have spent a lot with Juliens' and was sent a free set in advance and an additional free set with my 30 something lots. I did bid, hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars, I have f"riends that bought several lots that didn't get a free one.

Good on ya' Matt, and congrats on the Variety best of pick.
Outstanding accomplishment.... really enjoying the book smileys with beer

"“Hot Stuff: The Story of the Rolling Stones Through the Ultimate Memorabilia Collection” by Matt Lee — There are collectors, and then there are people who might as well be the Prince or Michael Jordan of collecting. Matt Lee is one of those guys: His Rolling Stones collection has landed him in the Guinness Book of World Records, and much of the stuff is autographed (he’s friends with the Stones by this point). This photo-driven book sprawls from rare records to signed contracts to posters and drumsticks and guitars and costumes the bandmembers wore onstage, and loads more. While the early material is astonishing — an actual copy of their first demo disc, dozens of concert posters, autographed copies of their earliest records, even a pair of maracas that Mick Jagger apparently shook onstage in Australia and New Zealand in 1965 — Lee places equal emphasis on the band’s later years, when they issued increasingly tacky shoes, clothes, belts, wine lines, glasses, luggage tags, and apparently anything else that might turn a buck. But no matter what the era, fans will find plenty to (sorry) get their rocks off here. — Jem Aswad"
[variety.com]

Date: December 19, 2021 13:55

MisterDDDD

Free... were they now??

PDF for free: [www.JuliensAuctions.com] , Online-Catalogue for free: [JuliensAuctions.com] .

Date: December 19, 2021 14:04

Irix
MisterDDDD

Free... were they now??

PDF for free: [www.JuliensAuctions.com] , Online-Catalogue for free: [JuliensAuctions.com] .

Yeah... got/accessed both of those.
Don't believe that was what was being referred to, but thanks!

stargroover

Date: December 19, 2021 14:45

MisterDDDD

There're at least high quality pictures for free in the Online-Catalogue. Sample: [www.JuliensAuctions.com] .

Date: December 19, 2021 15:03

Irix
MisterDDDD

There're at least high quality pictures for free in the Online-Catalogue. Sample: [www.JuliensAuctions.com] .

Sure. Again, well aware.
Not sure if you're intentionally missing the point or just bored. Lol.

stargroover

Date: December 19, 2021 15:15

MisterDDDD

Not sure if you're intentionally missing the point or just bored. Lol.

Exactly. smileys with beer

With the digital versions of the Books there was no compelling reason to spend a fortune for dead trees.

Date: December 19, 2021 15:23

I did buy quite a few items in Bill’s Auction.However the 3 books were sent to me prior to the auction and I never paid a penny for them.

Date: December 19, 2021 15:31

Matt Lee ,yawn.
I am Simon Emmerson from the UK and I interviewed Bill Wyman at the Kings road Office for the IORR magazine.I also purchased items from Stephen Wyman prior to the Auction.Nobody’s hiding behind a keyboard,LOL.

Date: December 19, 2021 15:48

stargroover
Matt Lee ,yawn.
I am Simon Emmerson from the UK and I interviewed Bill Wyman at the Kings road Office for the IORR magazine.I also purchased items from Stephen Wyman prior to the Auction.Nobody’s hiding behind a keyboard,LOL.

Why the need for the yawn? Your email is hidden and so is your name but thank you for introducing yourself. Maybe the stuff you bought from Stephen was the stuff I sold him :-)

I just don't understand why you need to be nasty. You don't have the book so your comments don't really count for much but thank you anyway.

Date: December 19, 2021 16:16

I personally don’t own the book but I have handled and viewed it so I am entitled to my comments.It appears you took offence because in my opinion there are better books out there.That’s my opinion which I am entitled to.
There are other collectors out there many of whom are silent about their collections.Enjoy your day Mat.

Date: December 19, 2021 16:42

stargroover
I personally don’t own the book but I have handled and viewed it so I am entitled to my comments.It appears you took offence because in my opinion there are better books out there.That’s my opinion which I am entitled to.
There are other collectors out there many of whom are silent about their collections.Enjoy your day Mat.

Absolutely you are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't automatically make it valid. You made a series of negative one line comments which I don't believe added anything to the discussion, I am not offended by jealously.

There is very little difference in the layout between the awesome and inspirational "Not Fade Away" and "Hot Stuff". Being shot more than 25 years later the quality of the photography however is far superior in "Hot Stuff". You also compared "Hot Stuff" to Bill Wyman's auction catalogue, a product that cost the vast majority of people eight times as much. That's kind of like comparing my Fiat 500 to my Rolls Royce. The Fiat is great by the way! You didn't however comment on the very many inaccuracies in the catalogues which would have actually added value to others learning.

I hope you find a more positive endeavour, perhaps then you can join me and the other "jet set clowns" as you so kindly referred to us next time the band play somewhere intimate.

Date: December 19, 2021 19:35

It’s a pity that you act so child like to someone else’s opinion.Laughable.
I have seen the Stones both solo and as a band all the over the world over the years in both large and intimate venues.I just don’t shout it out from the roof tops or brag about my collection and endeavours.It’s known as modesty Matty my dear friend.A great trait to pass on down through the genes by the way.Lol

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home