Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: Matt Lee's Book
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: September 14, 2021 17:27

Manofwealthandtaste
Nice one Hendrik - 'Exile on Main Beach'!

Or ... Exile on Beach Street

smiling smiley

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 14, 2021 18:48

Topi
Thanks for the interview, roller99 and mattleeuk! And thank you for sharing it, ChrisL!

Thanks Topi!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 22, 2021 07:42

In Boston enjoying the beautiful evening light and comparing the view to that of the original Ronnie Wood drawing from 2005 featured in Hot Stuff!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 22, 2021 09:36

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 09:54 by CaptainCorella.

Date: October 12, 2021 16:46

Finally, if you are in the USA my new book will ship to you next day! There have been so many delays and those in Europe are still waiting patiently but I have been so excited for this day... I really hope people enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed putting it together over 25 years. I couldn't be more proud to have received contributions from each of Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie.

I can't wait to hear people's reactions! Please do let me know what you think...

Instagram: matt_leeuk

Hot Stuff - Amazon US link

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 12, 2021 17:24

mattleeuk
Finally, if you are in the USA my new book will ship to you next day! There have been so many delays and those in Europe are still waiting patiently but I have been so excited for this day... I really hope people enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed putting it together over 25 years. I couldn't be more proud to have received contributions from each of Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie.

I can't wait to hear people's reactions! Please do let me know what you think...

Instagram: matt_leeuk

Hot Stuff - Amazon US link

Leaving early AM for LA so too late to get one to take with and perhaps get signed, unfortunately winking smiley

After you generously going through it in SL (stunning) , really looking forward to it being here when I return smileys with beer
Congrats!

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: October 15, 2021 21:09

Just learned that delivery in Germany is expected October 28th, looking forward!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: October 16, 2021 22:17

eismann
Just learned that delivery in Germany is expected October 28th, looking forward!

Thank you so much for your patience, shipping in Europe is all over the place as they originally docked in the UK. I am delighted with the positive reactions so far and can’t wait to bring it to live by opening the archive when I get back to London.

Date: October 20, 2021 15:26

I am so happy with the response I am getting in the US where Hot Stuff is now shipping. Some Europeans are now getting their copies too which is exciting, please share the best places to buy and any feedback you have.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 20, 2021 15:41

For the Nordic Countries, Adlibris.se would appear to have the book.

The price is basically a wash with Amazon UK at least when shipped to Finland with standard shipping. Would bet quicker shipping from Sweden too.

[www.adlibris.com]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 20, 2021 16:06

Basement News style lol.

I have a few collection books already and more or less stopped buying Stones books (got ca.130), but considering this one.
Good luck, Matt.

Date: October 20, 2021 16:25

CousinC
Basement News style lol.

I have a few collection books already and more or less stopped buying Stones books (got ca.130), but considering this one.
Good luck, Matt.

Great to be under consideration :-) If you need persuading it's very different to any book ever written on the Stones and it's the only independent one ever to receive a handwritten contribution from every member (including Charlie before he passed).

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 21, 2021 07:58

Discrimination.

Amazon is "awash" with copies, yet I'm advised by my supplier...

The publishers have advised that the publication of this title has been delayed and the new publication date is 16-Nov-21

I'll just have to read the .pdf of it that I got over teh internets, but that's not the same as having a book.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 21, 2021 08:06

mattleeuk
CousinC
Basement News style lol.

Good luck, Matt.

Great to be under consideration :-) If you need persuading it's very different to any book ever written on the Stones and it's the only independent one ever to receive a handwritten contribution from every member (including Charlie before he passed).

Matt, I do not buy collection books any more, either. However, as a long time friend of our late friend JR, for years I heard about your collection and the many items that we both share in our collections. When I saw it on Amazon last week, I had to buy it. It does not disappoint, and I cannot wait until you put out the next volume!!!!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 21, 2021 12:39

Looking forward to the book - shame BW and MT didn’t respond to you but excellent that you got the current lineup as it was earlier this year.

Date: October 21, 2021 13:27

stonesstein

Matt, I do not buy collection books any more, either. However, as a long time friend of our late friend JR, for years I heard about your collection and the many items that we both share in our collections. When I saw it on Amazon last week, I had to buy it. It does not disappoint, and I cannot wait until you put out the next volume!!!!

Thank you. I have been heart broken about JR, we spoke just a couple of days before his passing. He was helping me buy some stuff. For ten years in my early collecting days I spoke to him for hours every week. He didn’t care I knew so little, he encouraged and educated me. There is a story about him in the book which is one of my favourite memories. JR was the ultimate record collector but I am more memorabilia focussed. He had only a few big pieces he needed at the time and he was literally minutes behind me on a UK promo album (RSM1). He figured it was me that had scooped it and he called me straight away. He threw all sorts of trade suggestions at me but at overall he was just delighted for me and the fact we had kept it in the family. A true gent, a world class collector and a massive inspiration to me. I have a huge hole.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 14:49

For anyone ordering in Switzerland:

[www.buchzentrum.ch]

Really looking forward to this and of course to visiting the archive!
Congrats Matt!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 22, 2021 15:45

Love the book, Matt. Amazing collection.

Will you be in Atlanta?

Date: October 22, 2021 16:43

Ordered from Adlibris!

Date: October 22, 2021 17:24

Elmo Lewis

Will you be in Atlanta?

Yes, I will be there, I am attempting to attend every show. Thank you for your kind words,

I am so glad people are pleased with it but the shipping delays in Europe are frustrating!

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: October 22, 2021 17:30

A nice spot between other quality books.....

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 22, 2021 18:40

On it's way!!

"Order placed, thanks!
Confirmation will be sent to your email.

Tomorrow, Oct. 23
Estimated delivery
The Rolling Stones: Hot Stuff"

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 23, 2021 22:52

I’m blown away by the quality of this book. It’s not an easy subject as we all have our specific collections.
Matt has done an amazing job in presenting the ‘tip’ of the collection

Buy it

Date: October 24, 2021 05:18

midimannz
I’m blown away by the quality of this book. It’s not an easy subject as we all have our specific collections.
Matt has done an amazing job in presenting the ‘tip’ of the collection

Buy it

Thank you very much for your kind words! It was a lot of fun to pull together and I am honoured to have received a contribution from each Stone. Especially Charlie, it breaks my heart.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: October 24, 2021 05:52

Great book Matt ,missed getting the Carnaby Tattoo you red copy ,then got the book in the mail. Excellent read Thanks from another kiwi fan .

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 24, 2021 18:08

mattleeuk
Elmo Lewis

Will you be in Atlanta?

Yes, I will be there, I am attempting to attend every show. Thank you for your kind words,

I am so glad people are pleased with it but the shipping delays in Europe are frustrating!

Hope to see ya there.

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: October 24, 2021 19:56

The book arrived on Thursday one week earlier than announced winking smiley. It is full of surprises, triggering own memories (e.g. Slane castle, Boogie 4 Stu, Lucca) and nice stories. Love the Barcelona-charade for instance, Matt in dark suit!
Definitely recommended!
Have fun tonight, and hope to meet you in Atlanta, Pit 1 maybe.

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: October 28, 2021 18:34

My copy made it from Sweden to Finland all right.

Date: October 28, 2021 18:42

Topi

My copy made it from Sweden to Finland all right.

This book should come with a Heath warning! It may cause you to want to collect multiple copies of the same thing….

Date: October 28, 2021 20:48

Is it now available in bookshops (rather than online) in the UK?

BTW, I do realise that it’s unlikely to be found in chip shops or clothes shop etc.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home