Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Wanna thank IORRers for helping out with my band's new album
Date: April 2, 2020 12:03

When I almost died, and was diagnosed with cancer (multiple myeloma) last April, this album became my ultimate goal. From my hospital bed I finished the last songs with our co-producer. April 3 it will be released, eventually.

In the process I contacted quite a few posters here on IORR, and asked for their honest opinion about the songs, how they sounded, what could be improved, did they need editing? What's wrong with the mix? Which ones are the potential singles etc.

I'm so impressed with the musical knowledge on this site. I knew this already, of course, but it's been a tremendous help for me - in making «End Of The Line».

As a gesture, I let IORR-posters choose the single, «Going Rogue». We made a video of it, using a young band to stand in for us, as I was in the middle of a high-dose chemo cure, and looked like shit (I did a little cameo in there, though) smiling smiley

I can't thank you all enough! A special thanks to Tony (Palace Revolution 2000) for his contributions. You really jumped deep into this and made me realise a lot of stuff I hadn't thought about.

So here's a gesture to my favourite crowd: The album is released on April 3, but it's available for anyone who find it interesting to check out right now through this link: [promo.theorchard.com]

Btw, I feel much better now, and I'm back to work full time. And although the average life expectancy of people with my illness is only 5 years, being relatively young and strong helps - so I'm going for many years (the record here in Norway is 29 years, I believe - gonna beat that!) smiling smiley

EDIT: Spotify-link: [open.spotify.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-03 08:27 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: OT: Wanna thank IORRers for helping out with my band's new album
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 2, 2020 13:13

Great stuff Dandy!!!!

You will crush that 29-year record for sure, and you already crushed it by just doing this record!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 2, 2020 13:15

Best Wishes on your Health , Happiness and your new Album , which certainly takes a lot of work, effort , and talent which you clearly have ! The Sky is the Limit . Best Wishes and God be with you and Watch over You !

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 2, 2020 13:47

Congratulations on your return to health and on the album!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 2, 2020 13:52

My father in law was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 1980 and he lived for a further 15 years. At the time of his diagnosis the prognosis was 2 to 4 years.
He was a very modest man despite being the youngest of 13 children and becoming a Family Solicitor (eventually managing his own practice). Not for him the University route, he had to study in the evenings, often in the family bathroom! (this was early 1950s so post ear was an era of austerity). They had very little money.
He never complained and generally didn't talk about his condition but just got on with things. He was focussed and lived a pretty full life, holidays, gardening, work (a bit of workaholic).He had a strong religious conviction which for him was very beneficial, I suspect.

So, all the best, stay strong and well done for getting your album done. A great achievement.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: April 2, 2020 15:47

Way cool DP! And thank you!

And wish you the best of health from now on and forever!

d.f

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 2, 2020 15:49

Happy to get to listen to it, at last!

Great job! And love the artwork too

But most of all, happy for the good news on your health!!!

C

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 2, 2020 15:50

Love the single DP. Congrats, thank you for sharing, long live rock and long may you ride....

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 2, 2020 16:00

Congratulations Bard.
Stay strong and positive.
The power of the mind is limitless.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 2, 2020 16:32

Kickin’ It...
Congratulations!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2020 17:10

> As a gesture, I let IORR-posters choose the single, «Going Rogue». We made a video of it, using a young band to stand in for us, as I was in the middle of a high-dose chemo cure, and looked like shit (I did a little cameo in there, though) smiling smiley <

Great song and congratulations!! Both on the album and the improved health.
Thanks for the links to the video and album.. enjoying it as I type.
(also.. you in the pub?)

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: April 2, 2020 17:39

DP - great you are healthy and to top that off new music. A great day is always getting a new record and having that first listen away from everyone just you and the music. Going Rogue now - very catchy seductive groove. All the best.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 2, 2020 18:11

Well done Bard. Keep on rocking in the free world.

Date: April 2, 2020 18:26

Dandy, I just watched Going Rogue and was super mighty IMPRESSED . The sound was pure Rock and Roll , just like our Favorite Band , the Vocals (which I think is you ? ) sounds like AC DC first vocalist Bon Scott ? The fill was very tasteful and seems like maybe a Keef type fill ? just a little bit ? The video was slick and so well done and the choice of the youngsters was spot on and perfect . Very well done and it comes across like a lot of thought ,time , and energy was put in ,including the production process . I am very impressed hot smiley

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 2, 2020 19:36

Sounds great Bard!

Yes, I spotted you in the video :-)
Happy release-day tomorow!

Erwin

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 2, 2020 19:47

Best of luck with the album. A distraction is welcome these days. More importantly, thoughts and prayers for your health and for your family. You're a good guy, a knowledgeable fan, a talented songwriter and musician. Stay positive. Never break the Eleventh Commandment - Thou Shalt Not Give Up.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: April 3, 2020 00:38

Hi Bard,

Just watched the vid- cheers to you indeed you rogue, hah-hah!

Love the song and love the fact that you were able to draw upon the learned members of the IORR family.

Keep on Sir,

Simon,

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: April 3, 2020 03:05

Keep up the good work!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 3, 2020 03:19

Glad you're feeling much better now, and keep on rolling.... thumbs up

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 3, 2020 03:40

Love it! congratulations, good health to you!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 3, 2020 08:25

…. Hey Yeah hang in there Dandeeeee
Keep up the rockin work … Stay creative...great stuff

… Oh and yeah stay here man … we need ya ….

Take Special Care
ROCKeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBOY

ROCKMAN

Date: April 3, 2020 10:58

Release day! Feels good smiling smiley

Thanks for the nice words!

The vinyl edition will follow in a few weeks.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: April 3, 2020 12:54

A great day - cant wait to listen to the whole thing! smiling smiley

Date: April 3, 2020 17:11

Dandy, what guitar and amp did you use to record with ? including the fill ? Or did you go direct into the board or use Pro Tools or something similar ? Once again killer tune -Going Rogue !

Date: April 3, 2020 17:18

Yeah Dandy, I think I am going to play it today again. This is the right day.
I am so glad you are feeling better now, and done with the chemo.

Stay safe, Buddy.

Date: April 3, 2020 17:21

TheGreek
Dandy, what guitar and amp did you use to record with ? including the fill ? Or did you go direct into the board or use Pro Tools or something similar ? Once again killer tune -Going Rogue !

On Going Rogue I used an early 80s Squire Strat (they're great!) through a Fender Deluxe (and a Tubescreamer) for rhythm (main riff in the right channel).

The first solo (which is me) was played with a ridiculously expensive Les Paul (the studio's, not mine) through a Biacrown era Hiwatt amp (a MXR fuzz pedal. Don't remember which model).

The rhythm guitar in the left channel is a Tele (open G) directly through that same Hiwatt amp.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-03 17:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: April 3, 2020 18:24

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

On Going Rogue I used an early 80s Squire Strat (they're great!) through a Fender Deluxe (and a Tubescreamer) for rhythm (main riff in the right channel).

The first solo (which is me) was played with a ridiculously expensive Les Paul (the studio's, not mine) through a Biacrown era Hiwatt amp (a MXR fuzz pedal. Don't remember which model).

The rhythm guitar in the left channel is a Tele (open G) directly through that same Hiwatt amp.
Very nice , Thank You for the info . You most certainly have very good taste and it shows and I can hear it as well . Bravo !

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 3, 2020 18:32

The entire album contains really excellent playing. Much of it has a 1970s sound and it's not all Stonesish, though their influence certainly shows. A good eclectic release. When I listened to "End of the Line" last night, I realized I imagined that's close to what "Tell the Truth" must sound like in its entirety. Time will tell.

Bard, stay positive and keep growing stronger. Stay safe. I need you to stick around and keep picking my posts apart. You can't put all the pressure on Hairball to put me in my place when I'm out of line.

And my wife wants to know if those are all your kids in the music video.

Date: April 3, 2020 18:45

Not my kids, LOL.

My kid is on the album cover, shot on the airport on her way to Hyde Park 2013 smiling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 3, 2020 18:46

DandelionPowderman
TheGreek

Congrats DP...i really like It thumbs upsmileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home