Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: OT: People infected or affected by the virus
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:30

Didn't realize Christopher Cross had the virus, but evidently he's now recovering... slowly but surely...

ChristoperCross

Christopher Cross Experiencing Temporary Paralysis, ‘Intense’ Muscle Weakness After Battle with COVID-19

By Rock Cellar Magazine Staff on April 17, 2020

In an update to fans posted on his social media pages on Friday, singer/songwriter Christopher Cross revealed that while he has recovered mostly from his recent battle with the coronavirus, he is currently experiencing temporary paralysis that has rendered him unable to walk.

Despite all this, Cross remains in good spirits — his doctors have advised him that he will recover, and in fact he’s already started physical therapy:

"Not being able to walk is teaching me about patience and resilience these days. Stay safe everyone".

Cross had previously referred to COVID-19 as “possibly the worst illness I’ve ever had,” though it’s obviously fortunate that he did not develop respiratory complications during his fight.

Our continued best wishes go out to Christopher Cross in this fight against the coronavirus and its side effects.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:48

Norman 'bites yer legs' Hunter. English footballer in the 60's & '70's - 'terrible' reputation but great footballer...............

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 22, 2020 23:55

Nice to see some good news - Marianne Faithfull reportedly released from hospital after 3 weeks.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Marianne Faithfull was discharged from a London hospital Wednesday, more than three weeks after the singer tested positive for the coronavirus.
“We are really happy to say that Marianne has been discharged from hospital today, 22 days after being admitted suffering from the symptoms of Covid-19. She will continue to recuperate in London,” a rep for the singer said in a statement. “Marianne thanks you all for your kind messages of concern which have meant a great deal through what is a such a difficult time for so many. She is also very grateful to all the NHS staff who cared for her at the hospital and, without doubt, saved her life.”
On April 4th, Faithfull’s reps confirmed that the singer was being treated in a London hospital, noting that she was “stable and responding to treatment.”
Faithfull’s longtime friend Penny Arcade told Rolling Stone at the time that the singer was sheltering in place following the United Kingdom’s order to do so when she developed a cold. Out of caution, Faithfull checked herself into the hospital, where she tested positive for COVID-19. She remained hospitalized after developing pneumonia. During Faithfull’s time in the hospital, her friend and collaborator Hal Willner died of complications related to COVID-19.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 23, 2020 01:03

very pleased to see Marianne made it!

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 23, 2020 02:03

My wife's cousin has Corona & is in an induced coma on a ventilator in NYC.

51...good health, not overweight, never smoked, no underlying health issues.

she's at one of the best hospitals...but, any good Mojo you've got for her is appreciated.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 23, 2020 05:50

stickyfingers101

she's at one of the best hospitals...but, any good Mojo you've got for her is appreciated.

Sorry to hear that, hoping for the best. Its a tough one but I would rather be treated by one of the best hospitals in NY than most anywhere else in the country. I am feeling very fortunate I didn't get that bad.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 23, 2020 09:06

My good friend‘s uncle died yesterday from COVID-19. Her aunt is hospitalized with it now. They live in New Jersey outside of NYC. They are having difficulty finding a funeral home that can take his body.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 23, 2020 09:26

stickyfingers101

prayers up

Posted by: JumpinJimF ()
Date: April 23, 2020 16:58

SomeTorontoGirl
Nice to see some good news - Marianne Faithfull reportedly released from hospital after 3 weeks.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Marianne Faithfull was discharged from a London hospital Wednesday, more than three weeks after the singer tested positive for the coronavirus.
“We are really happy to say that Marianne has been discharged from hospital today, 22 days after being admitted suffering from the symptoms of Covid-19. She will continue to recuperate in London,” a rep for the singer said in a statement. “Marianne thanks you all for your kind messages of concern which have meant a great deal through what is a such a difficult time for so many. She is also very grateful to all the NHS staff who cared for her at the hospital and, without doubt, saved her life.”
On April 4th, Faithfull’s reps confirmed that the singer was being treated in a London hospital, noting that she was “stable and responding to treatment.”
Faithfull’s longtime friend Penny Arcade told Rolling Stone at the time that the singer was sheltering in place following the United Kingdom’s order to do so when she developed a cold. Out of caution, Faithfull checked herself into the hospital, where she tested positive for COVID-19. She remained hospitalized after developing pneumonia. During Faithfull’s time in the hospital, her friend and collaborator Hal Willner died of complications related to COVID-19.

Fabulous news about Marianne.

Thoughts with those who have been less fortunate or who are living with uncertainty at the moment.

Date: April 25, 2020 05:18

My boss’s uncle passed two weeks ago from it.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: April 29, 2020 17:58

Roy Horn of Siegfried and Roy has it.

[pagesix.com]

Posted by: FancyBluesMan ()
Date: April 30, 2020 07:56

David Stewart, manager of Mark Knopfler's British Grove Studios in Chiswick, London, England, has succumbed to COVID-19. The site served as the base for the 'Blue and Lonesome' sessions.

Posted by: keithsman ()
Date: April 30, 2020 19:55

Lady Jayne

Me too, that woman is a fighter, after all she's been through it would have been tragic for her to die of this.

Date: May 2, 2020 00:29

keithsman
Lady Jayne

Me too, that woman is a fighter, after all she's been through it would have been tragic for her to die of this.

thumbs up Yes, I agree and hopefully she is doing fine right now - couldn´t find any information, so be well, Marianne!

Date: May 16, 2020 18:57

This was posted by a friend...... Music related and some of the Southern California music folks might have been served by him.

Sad Day Today

There is a bar next door to the iconic Los Angeles club, The Troubadour, called Dan Tanas. Some of you may have heard of it. I was a regular. My favorite bartender Mike Gotovac passed away today of Coronavirus. I saw him in late February before a show at the Troubadour, Mayer Hawthorne I believe, and we raised a few. He was a fixture at the bar, and was there as long as I can remember. It was a small bar, but often crowded with celebrities who wanted to remain anonymous. I've seen Brad Pitt, Clint Eastwood, John Voight, and even Vince Gill holding services at that bar, although Vince Gill did not drink. Mike had an uncanny way of remembering you, or at least pretending to remember you, often shouting out whether or not you were getting any (sex that is). He would drink shots of booze with his customers all night long and keep up. If you remotely bothered any other customer, celebrity or not, you were asked politely to leave. Often he would have an extra chair for me and ask folks to scoot over. Super, super nice guy.

I had heard that he was very ill, but had recovered or at least was on the road to recovery last week. He passed from a heart attack yesterday.

A couple stories Mike liked to tell.

First, Glen Frey and Don Henley loved to hang out there, often after a show at the Troubadour or just patronizing the Troubadour bar. Yes, they wrote "Lying Eyes" there, and as Mike liked to tell the story, there were at table four, right opposite the bar, and saw a really cute girl patronizing an older man, doing hair flips and batting her eyes. He was eating it all up, and couldn't wait to get her out of there and nail her. When he got up to go to the bathroom, she resumed a disgusted expression, and Glen turned to Don and said, "She just can't hide those lying eyes." They asked Mike for a cocktail napkin and wrote the words to the song right then and there. Another story is Glen Frey offering a loud toast to his ex-wife, "Plaintiff. "

Second, was John Travolta who cut in front of everyone to get a table one Friday night. He was told there was a two hour wait and asked Mike if Mike knew who he was. Mike responded something to the effect that if you don't know who you are, how I am supposed to know who you are. Travolta left disgusted, pushing people aside. He came back a few minutes later an apologized to the bar and to Mike. He got his table.

He had other stories of Sinatra, Lawford, and Sammy Davis at the place and Clint Eastwood, too numerous and probably boring to the folks here. Mike made me want to go to this bar just to hang there and soak up the atmosphere and his good nature. It was $25 to park plus tip, and it was worth every penny. The Chicken Parm is out of this world.

He is the closest person I know that has died from this horrible disease. The place just won't be the same without him.

Nothing political about this post, just sadness. Los Angeles is a bit of a hot spot for the virus now, and we have about 1/2 of the total California cases and deaths here, mainly centered in nursing homes. However, Mike is not a statistic he is a memory now.

toots hibbert in ICU being checked for COVID 19
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: September 1, 2020 18:33

Toots Hibbert of the legendary Toots and the Maytals is evidently in the ICU in Jamaica after complaining of shortness of breath, and is being evaluated for the COVID-19 virus.

Keep strong brother, we need you and your vibes, especially in this troubled time!

jb

Re: toots hibbert in ICU being checked for COVID 19
Date: September 1, 2020 18:45

Get well, Toots!

Saw him live two years ago. Still brilliant thumbs up

Date: September 1, 2020 18:59

Another one of the legends. Have seen him a bunch of times. Hope he makes it. Here are a couple of recordings I made if anyone interested.

Toots & The Maytals Marin County Fair San Rafael, Ca Jul 1 2011 MK4 [spaces.hightail.com]

Toots & The Maytals UC Theater Berkeley Ca 2017-04-14 [spaces.hightail.com]

Date: September 1, 2020 19:25

Stay strong Toots!
Fortunate to have seen him many times live since the mid-late '70's-headlining his own shows, at festivals, and several times opneing for the Stones.
Some of the funnest shows ever packed with energy overflow, and would LOVE to experience seeing him again some day.
Again, STAY STRONG TOOTS!

ps - F*CK the coronavirus....thumbs down

Date: September 1, 2020 20:33

Just heard that Mark Mothersbaugh of DEVO was on a ventilator for ten days, and a had wildly scary/crazy experience...................

Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh recalls 'very dark' delusions while on ventilator for COVID-19
Charles Trepany
USA Today

Mark Mothersbaugh, co-founder of the band Devo, is opening up about his harrowing battle with COVID-19. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times published Monday, Mothersbaugh, 70, recalled fighting for his life in the ICU after contracting the coronavirus, which left him on a ventilator and led him to experience delusions.

Mothersbaugh said he believes he caught the virus while working at his commercial music company, Mutato Musikain, in May. When he began experiencing symptoms, the musician brushed them off, thinking he was just overworked. After he took his temperature, however, he was surprised to see he had a fever of 103. “A nurse came over the next morning and said, ‘You should be in ICU.' " Mothersbaugh recalled. "I said, ‘That’s ridiculous.’ She replied that she’d been a nurse for three decades: 'You need an ambulance right now.' "The nurse saved his life, said Mothersbaugh's wife, Anita Greenspan, adding that her husband's health quickly took a turn for the worse. "It went from, ‘I don’t feel good’ on Tuesday to an ambulance to Cedars(-Sinai hospital) on Saturday," she said. "It was terrifying." While hospitalized, Mothersbaugh said he experienced some "very dark" delusions. In one of them, the musician said he believed he was in the hospital because someone had hit him on the head with a brick in downtown Los Angeles. "I felt blood from being hit," Mothersbaugh said. "I was handcuffed to a parking deck downtown. I had this whole elaborate story of how these kids sold me to an ambulance company that then got some sort of a payment for delivering COVID patients to their ICUs. I totally believed it."In another delusion, Mothersbaugh said he wrote a brand new Devo album and organized a live show that the band performed through augmented reality in Hollywood.

The musician experienced delusions for more than two weeks, both on and off the ventilator. Through it all, Mothersbaugh said the support from his family was crucial, recalling one particular FaceTime call that came at "a time where I just felt exhausted." "Like, ‘I could just float down this river right now, and it would be really peaceful. It wouldn’t be a freak-out. It wouldn’t be something I’d be scared of. I could really just do that.’ I really thought about it," he said. "And then it just happened that (Greenspan) called me, and she and the kids were on my phone, saying, ‘You’re getting out of there soon. Get off of that machine.’ I don’t know if everybody is lucky enough to have somebody do that for them." Mothersbaugh added he wants people to look out for their loved ones who are in the hospital battling COVID-19. “If you have anyone that you know who’s in ICU with COVID, contact them and keep them in touch with the outside world, because it’s easy to lose track of where you are and why you are," he said. "I had no idea I was on a ventilator for 10 days. Time meant nothing."

Now, the musician said he's starting to get his health back on track. “Before COVID, I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m starting to feel about 50 now, and I’m 70,' " he said. "When I was in the hospital, I was feeling like I was about 90. And now I’m back to 70, and I’m trying to get back to 50. That’s my goal."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-01 20:37 by Hairball.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: September 2, 2020 04:26

I was sick in March -- flu like symptoms for about 10 days. Based on all I read I figured it wasn't Corona. Then a few weeks later I realized I had lost my sense of smell! So weird. Tested positive for antibodies a while back. My sense of smell is messed up still and I have intermittent bouts of fatigue and joint pain but nothing crippling. Because I have lost all my work I have plenty of time to nap. Looks like I got off easy.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 2, 2020 04:31

I know 2 people that have had it and 2 that do have it.

I have friends that have had friends that have had it.

That's within the last month.

My dad thinks masks are government control, that they're completely useless and! He's IMPERVIOUS to getting COVID.

He's one of those.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 2, 2020 05:13

Was good to see a post from Marianne today on Twitter.
She had what sounded like a tough battle with the virus back in April.

Marianne Faithfull
@Faithfull_M
·
Taken by Marc Sharratt, in 1967.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 2, 2020 05:34

More and more, I have been reading about these COVID "long-haulers", people who have these residual/lingering medical conditions resulting from COVID. Their stories are pretty frightening.

[www.yahoo.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-02 05:39 by Sighunt.

Date: September 2, 2020 05:48

Sighunt
More and more, I have been reading about these COVID "long-haulers", people who have these residual/lingering medical conditions resulting from COVID. Their stories are pretty frightening.

[www.yahoo.com]

"Recovered" is not what people think it is. So many bizarre things happening weeks and months after getting over it, some that kill people.

Probably why a lot of people took it seriously: the unknown is far worse than "the flu", and it's got the potential to really throw a brick in the pie of life for a lot of people if it's not taken seriously.

Date: September 2, 2020 20:00

GasLightStreet
Sighunt

[www.yahoo.com]

"Recovered" is not what people think it is. So many bizarre things happening weeks and months after getting over it, some that kill people.

Probably why a lot of people took it seriously: the unknown is far worse than "the flu", and it's got the potential to really throw a brick in the pie of life for a lot of people if it's not taken seriously.

This is why those who think its a hoax really need first hand experience. I had a serious case in March, had a hospital visit but luckily recovered and not a long hauler. The only obvious residual affect seems to be my hair has stopped growing. No haircut since January and my hair is no longer than it was in April. Minor issue for sure.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 2, 2020 21:51

Prayers for Toots

[jambands.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2020 21:56

YES ....Prayers for Toots

ROCKMAN

Date: September 2, 2020 22:30

daspyknows
GasLightStreet
Sighunt

[www.yahoo.com]

This is why those who think its a hoax really need first hand experience. I had a serious case in March, had a hospital visit but luckily recovered and not a long hauler. The only obvious residual affect seems to be my hair has stopped growing. No haircut since January and my hair is no longer than it was in April. Minor issue for sure.

I've been hearing more and more weird things about people that have had it. Two friends are nurses - they have some bizarre shit as well. This is nothing like the flu.

Date: September 3, 2020 03:43

Tom Seaver, Mets Legend and Hall of Fame Pitcher, Dies at Age 75

[bleacherreport.com]

As a kid he was my baseball idol. Covid-19 gets another one.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home