Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: OT: People infected or affected by the virus
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2020 23:32

Boris Johnson now admitted to hospital. He did look a bit feverish the last time he made a video appearance a few days ago.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 23:34

Boris latest.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: OT: Marianne Faithfull has Coronavirus
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 01:25

calipachangero
Do we really need to comment on every celebrity who caught the virus? It's just not especially newsworthy. Think about the thousands of people who don't even get access to medical treatment and are fighting for their existence. I get that one is obviously more affected when it comes to family and friends, but celebrities??

You're actually commenting on it on a website dedicated to a famous "celebrity" rock band.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 6, 2020 01:41

DGA35
calipachangero
Do we really need to comment on every celebrity who caught the virus? It's just not especially newsworthy. Think about the thousands of people who don't even get access to medical treatment and are fighting for their existence. I get that one is obviously more affected when it comes to family and friends, but celebrities??

You're actually commenting on it on a website dedicated to a famous "celebrity" rock band.

Plus, the people who are significant in our lives aren't necessarily just the ones we know personally.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 6, 2020 04:47

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: April 6, 2020 07:32

Heard Marianne Faithful has been infected. Any latest?

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: April 6, 2020 09:53

This is the latest I have seen:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 6, 2020 14:56

DGA35
calipachangero

So? I am just stating the absurd behaviour of commenting about people just because they are celebrities.
Just like these doubtful RIP threads...

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 6, 2020 14:59

Aquamarine
DGA35
calipachangero

Plus, the people who are significant in our lives aren't necessarily just the ones we know personally.

No, that maybe true. But come on, unless you know Marianne or any other celebrity personally, you ain't really caring more than about your friends, now do you?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 6, 2020 19:50

calipachangero
Aquamarine
DGA35
calipachangero

No, that maybe true. But come on, unless you know Marianne or any other celebrity personally, you ain't really caring more than about your friends, now do you?

Seems to me there's room in the world to have compassion for family, friends, celebrities, and even complete unknown strangers.
But not sure why it's such a big deal to you what anyone thinks about anybody else? Nobody's forcing you to show some love and have a heart, or even read this thread.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 6, 2020 22:21

Boris Johnson is now in intensive care. Wishing him and all others in his situation a speedy recovery.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 6, 2020 23:46

Hairball
Seems to me there's room in the world to have compassion for family, friends, celebrities, and even complete unknown strangers.

Cheers to you for those sentiments.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2020 01:22

Rocky Dijon
Hairball

Cheers to you for those sentiments.

Agree smileys with beer

In addition it is a good reminder that this virus is an equalizer.
From Prime Ministers to A-list actors and revered musicians, no one is immune.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 7, 2020 05:33

Hairball
But not sure why it's such a big deal to you what anyone thinks about anybody else? Nobody's forcing you to show some love and have a heart, or even read this thread.

BRILLIANTLY put. Is there ANYONE in the world you'd honestly wish this upon? Much as I detest Trump, I SINCERELY would not wish Covid-19 to visit him or his family.

Rod

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: April 7, 2020 16:47

Thanks Hairball,Rocky Dijon and MisterDDDD.

I only posted Marianne Faithfull has Coronavirus because she was part of the Stones story in the 60's, and come to think of it she was pictured having tea with Keith on the No Filter UK 2018 tour. I hope the Stones are helping with her medical bills if needed.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 7, 2020 17:00

ukcal
Thanks Hairball,Rocky Dijon and MisterDDDD.

I only posted Marianne Faithfull has Coronavirus because she was part of the Stones story in the 60's, and come to think of it she was pictured having tea with Keith on the No Filter UK 2018 tour. I hope the Stones are helping with her medical bills if needed.

She is in hospital in London U.K. you can have private medical insurance here in the U.K. if you wish but it makes no difference in the case of emergency admission into hospital where everyone is treated equally on the national health service.No one here in the U.K. will be receiving any bills for Coronavirus treatment.

Nate

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 7, 2020 23:29

Hal Willner, Music Producer and ‘SNL’ Veteran, Dies of Coronavirus at 64

[variety.com]

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 8, 2020 01:10

bye bye johnny
Hal Willner, Music Producer and ‘SNL’ Veteran, Dies of Coronavirus at 64

[variety.com]

Awful. He was a longtime friend and associate. A great guy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2020 01:15

My heart goes out to the doctors medics
nurses and all who are risking their lives
to treat those who are affected by the virus ……. so brave in what they do

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 8, 2020 01:25

Jackson Browne has the virus & his tour with James Taylor is postponed indefinetly. Taylor canceled his yearly Tanglewood performance that would have been in Lenox, Massachusetts on July 4th. James Taylor and wife Kim donated $1.35 million to 2 Massachusetts hospitals to help control the coronavirus and supply hospitals with needed equipment. Thank You James! Being a resident of Massachusetts, I can say we sure do love our Native Son!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 8, 2020 04:28

John Prine loses his battle sad smiley

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 8, 2020 04:33

Crap.

RIP John Prine.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 8, 2020 04:43

Oh dear John Prine ..... thats sad .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 8, 2020 04:59

RIP.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 8, 2020 05:44

RIP John Prine

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 8, 2020 14:43

My office is reopening on 14 April. I’m unsure how I feel about this. A huge part of me is really eager to return, whilst another part is lingered with doubt.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: April 8, 2020 20:42

Big Al where are you roughly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-08 20:42 by exhpart.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 10, 2020 20:23

exhpart
Big Al where are you roughly?

Gravesend, Kent

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 11, 2020 23:51

Sturgill Simpson has tested positive for COVID-19

[pitchfork.com]

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 12, 2020 23:45

Allen Garfield, a character actor who appeared in some memorable films and was a well-known face to filmgoers, especially in the '70's

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home