Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
OT: People infected or affected by the virus
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 30, 2020 21:36

The coronavirus will affect many people we love and are close to. This thread is dedicated to people who are affected by the virus.

For general posts about the coronavirus and covid-19 please use the main virus thread:

Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world

PS. If you have suggestions for a better title of this "people" thread, then feel free to comment, but I do not want it to be a "coronavirus" thread as such.

Stay strong, be safe, and take care!

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-05 19:59 by bv.

Re: OT: People affected by the virus
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 30, 2020 22:17

My friend Gill who caught it in Gran Canaria 3 weeks ago - she said she was so hot she thought she was going to have a fit - She's better now...............thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 30, 2020 22:39

everyone think good thoughts for daspyknows. normally i wouldn't put up but he has posted about his condition on the main virus thread. he's isolating & most likely has the virus. is feeling very ill.

Date: March 30, 2020 22:59

Get well, daspy!

OT: John Prine hospitalized with Covid 19
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 30, 2020 19:26

One of my favorite songwriters. I pray for his recovery.

[www.dailykos.com]

[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: OT: John Prine hospitalized with Covid 19
Date: March 30, 2020 19:29

More here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 30, 2020 23:06

Best wishes to Daspy!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2020 23:59

We are all affected in one way or another ….

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 31, 2020 13:46

Father Pat , our Parish Priest who administers to us when we are ill and who prays for us all is now ill with COVID-19 . Hear our pleas oh Merciful Lord !

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 31, 2020 14:04

I got the virus on the 11th of march and became ill on the 16th. It started with me getting out of breath and then a typical chill a la the flu started so when I got home I poured mysef a big glass of Macallan and then I took a hot shower and jumped in bed. I don't like to take paracetamol or other stuff which takes down the fever as I like my immune system to work independently without interference.
During the first night my lungs felt like they were on fire and I had a fever which reached 39.8 Celcius. However in the morning I felt much better but I was ill (tired, Little bit of muscle pains and still getting out of breath) for about 10 Days afterwards. However no sore throat or general cold symptoms at all.

Now I feel completey recovered EXCEPT the fact I can't smell or taste anything. It is a nightmare, the taste receptors are not working, I can feel the salt/sweet/sour/bitter stuff on my tongue but NO taste. I sure do hope it comes back as it's boring not to be able to enjoy food and beverages.

Any fellow IORRian catched it and got the same experience?

Date: March 31, 2020 14:10

Good to hear you're recovering, Max! The taste thing is common, I believe.

Did you get the dry cough as well?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 31, 2020 14:16

Nice one Dandy! Cheers!

Yeah I got the dry cough, forgot to mention it but it was only apparent the first two, three Days and then it disappeared. Now the rest of my family are ill (two chicks) but they haven't experienced the "lung fire" and they got more typical cold cymptoms which I find a bit peculiar. The incubation time was the same for them, five days. They are starting to feel better but they are tired and sleep quite a lot. I hope they don't lose the taste and smell, it's such a buggereye rolling smiley

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 31, 2020 14:18

MadMax
Now I feel completey recovered EXCEPT the fact I can't smell or taste anything. It is a nightmare, the taste receptors are not working, I can feel the salt/sweet/sour/bitter stuff on my tongue but NO taste. I sure do hope it comes back as it's boring not to be able to enjoy food and beverages.

Any fellow IORRian catched it and got the same experience?

Appears to be a common sympton, see e.g. here: [theconversation.com]

I read several such reports over the last week.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 31, 2020 18:10

Daspyknows still very ill but feeling a little bit better. Says sleep is the best medicine. I let him know that all of us were pulling for him!

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: March 31, 2020 19:02

My son-in-law in Massachusetts who is a police officer tested positive yesterday.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 31, 2020 19:09

Chris Cuomo of CNN apparently diagnosed.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 31, 2020 19:28

My partner and I are currently separated. She’s in south-west London and I’m in Kent. We haven’t seen each-other in three-weeks, now. It’s very trying.

Are there any others here in a similar situation? It’d be nice to hear how you’re managing the situation.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 31, 2020 19:51

SomeTorontoGirl

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: April 1, 2020 05:33

RIP Wallace Roney. Just a phenomenal Jazz trumpet player, gone at 59.

[www.npr.org]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2020 06:14

crholmstrom
Daspyknows still very ill but feeling a little bit better. Says sleep is the best medicine. I let him know that all of us were pulling for him!

I am hoping to have finally turned the corner. I can finally breathe without a coughing fit and the body aches have subsided. Still no taste or smell but after the last week I'll take it. Thx for the well wishes and everyone who has avoided it be careful. Not a fun ride.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2020 07:20

daspyknows
crholmstrom

I am hoping to have finally turned the corner. I can finally breathe without a coughing fit and the body aches have subsided. Still no taste or smell but after the last week I'll take it. Thx for the well wishes and everyone who has avoided it be careful. Not a fun ride.

Good to hear daspy - hang in there. thumbs up

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 1, 2020 08:14

Big Al
My partner and I are currently separated. She’s in south-west London and I’m in Kent. We haven’t seen each-other in three-weeks, now. It’s very trying.

Are there any others here in a similar situation? It’d be nice to hear how you’re managing the situation.

Big Al,

We find the option of communicating via Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, etc. helps feeling your parter, relatives, friends being close by a blessing of modern times. People often don't realize that luxary. I'm from a generation that, in our younger days, had to wait six weeks to get an answer by mail if an extremely expensive (international) phone call wasn't a real option.
Hold on and stay healthy! Better times are ahead!
smileys with beer

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 1, 2020 18:37

SomeTorontoGirl

Best wishes for Chris's recovery. A great guy!
I watched him on tv from his basement last night... Miracle of modern technologies!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-02 07:45 by schillid.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 1, 2020 18:49

georgie48
Big Al

Big Al,

We find the option of communicating via Skype, Whatsapp, Viber, etc. helps feeling your parter, relatives, friends being close by a blessing of modern times. People often don't realize that luxury. I'm from a generation that, in our younger days, had to wait six weeks to get an answer by mail if an expensive (international) phone call wasn't a real option. Hold on and stay healthy! Better times are ahead!
smileys with beer

I live in New York and my girlfriend is in Brazil. It's not likely we can see each other until at least May, if not later. We are both dealing with this separation best we can but she is a little more anxious than me. I'm alone, and she has her daughter staying with her from Italy. I imagine this would have been a much more difficult situation in the pre-internet days. However, I must say I'm enjoying the quiet time. I wish we had a month off from each other every year. winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 1, 2020 23:36

Daspy, so good to hear of your progress!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: April 1, 2020 23:51

The implosion of the world wide economy should affect most everyone. People getting this are recovering or dying at a similar rate to seasonal flu. No doubt many of them that are at risk of death from flu (35,000 last season in USA) are now put in these numbers for covid. Not to take away the seriousness of it but the 100K-250K death estimates for US are pure nonsense.

Will things be the same for most of us after this blows over? Is the Almighty preparing us to reassess our priorities? Will other events follow? Seems best to get your ducks in row in more ways than just financially.

Stay safe.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 2, 2020 01:09

Markdog
Not to take away the seriousness of it but the 100K-250K death estimates for US are pure nonsense.

What are your credentials for saying this? Or on what data are you relying?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 2, 2020 01:15

My sister in law and niece are recovering slowly at home. Sis works in the health care field so she actually got tested. She said she felt extreme vertigo about a week before the fever and respiratory symptoms kicked in. I haven't heard of that symptom, seems like there is no straight path that the virus takes. I'm very grateful that neither of them required hospitalization. Worried for other loved ones, and myself.
Trying to stay focused on the positive, be grateful, and have patience. Wishing you all the same.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 2, 2020 02:14

Adam Schlesinger, Songwriter for Rock, Film and the Stage, Dies at 52

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: April 2, 2020 06:11

Ellis Marsalis, 85-year-old jazz piano legend from New Orleans died today of COVID-19 reported on nola.com.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home