Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: music softwares
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 29, 2020 14:13

Since we stay at home, seems a good time for this topic

1) I look for the most user-friendly software for standard notation, money-free even better. I have tried a couple of them, like Muse Score. The result is outstanding to print, but it takes an awful time just to write four bars. As a result, I switch the traditional way : blank sheet music with pencil and eraser. But the result is ugly, wish to have a software. Any advice?

2) I'm proudly finishing Walking Bass Lines, by Ed Friedland, which is a great method. I look for a software to practice that could be a digital pianist of sort (even it sounds mechanic), and plays what I ask it to do. For instance, Comrade, I order you to play in, 4/4, 110 beat per minute, the following bars in mambo style : C7, G7, Dm7, etc. Again, any advice?

Re: OT: music softwares
Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 30, 2020 19:36

I tried a couple of free notation softwares but wouldn't recommend any of them. If you've got a few spare bucks go for Sibelius or Finale. (Personally I find in Sibelius the notes can be entered more quickly.)

I would be interested myself if there is something cheaper around that still has the basic functionalities. If it supports musicXML you could still load the score into one of the advanced ones later for refinement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home