Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Lost my son’ s watch
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 28, 2020 00:40

That's great

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 28, 2020 00:53

So happy to hear that!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 28, 2020 01:26

stargroover
Thankfully a happy ending!The watch has been found and I go and collect it tomorrow.
Yes my son and I said a little prayer and then I cycled back along the same route.
I posted some fliers and got a call within 30 minutes.The watch was safe.The lovely couple who found it had posted on a local Facebook page saying it had been found.I never saw the postings which had 150 responses.
Because the finders had posted the picture of the watch they were wanting proof.No paper work or record of serial number unfortunately.However they accepted recent pics of me wearing the watch and a copy of my iorr postings.
There is a god after all!
And apparently it was a pin that came out!And I thought a Rolex was indestructible .
Might cement the bugger in next time!

Awesome news! Now please put it somewhere safe!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 28, 2020 01:47

Great news!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 29, 2020 09:26

smileys with beer

Date: March 29, 2020 13:48

Congratulations on finding it, and on an original thread. I love this story.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 29, 2020 21:41

I have a Rolex and would have no hesitation in wearing it, but while still working I wont.

So glad for you in getting it back. thumbs up

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: March 29, 2020 23:01

it's nice to hear GOOD NEW'S,with all that is going on today,just asking, why do you need a watch when you are riding a bike?,like I said, just asking,I am happy that you got it back.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 31, 2020 00:21

Thanks for the good wishes.

The guy who found that watch,restored my faith.I was pretty cynical and never thought for one minute it would be given back to me.
The couple didn't want a reward,just for it to be returned to the rightful owner.Still I stuck £100 in a thank you card when I collected it from them.I hope they go out for a nice meal,when the restaurant's open again,and maybe reflect upon their honesty.Good people need reminding that they are good people.

I still can't believe a pin came out.Those watches are supposed to be almost indestructable.It's the Sea Dweller deep sea diver model from 2008.Able to withstand 12,800 feet of water,steel band etc.Yet a 16 mile bike ride and it fell off!My son reckons it was the vibrations from the terrain that caused it to come out.P
Probably won't wear it to cycle again.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 31, 2020 00:24

stargroover
Thanks for the good wishes.

The guy who found that watch,restored my faith.I was pretty cynical and never thought for one minute it would be given back to me.
The couple didn't want a reward,just for it to be returned to the rightful owner.Still I stuck £100 in a thank you card when I collected it from them.I hope they go out for a nice meal,when the restaurant's open again,and maybe reflect upon their honesty.Good people need reminding that they are good people.

I still can't believe a pin came out.Those watches are supposed to be almost indestructable.It's the Sea Dweller deep sea diver model from 2008.Able to withstand 12,800 feet of water,steel band etc.Yet a 16 mile bike ride and it fell off!My son reckons it was the vibrations from the terrain that caused it to come out.P
Probably won't wear it to cycle again.

If you have the energy, contact the company and tell them what happened. Maybe they will repair it for you under the circumstances.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 31, 2020 03:27

Glad I prayed to St. Anthony for you! Great news!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home