Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Pig's Tail/Trademark Of Quality Book Is Back On/Promo Teaser
Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: March 26, 2020 08:04

I am happy to announce that the book about the original Trademark Of Quality label is now back on and likely to see release next year. The story about Live'r Than You'll Ever Be and other Rolling Stones titles will be a part of the book. A promo teaser for it is up at YouTube and is called Pig's Tale Sizzle Reel. Please go ahead and post it here at this thread if you wish.
The book will be filled with an amazing amount of detail. It is being aimed at the big collectors while telling a detailed story as well. I am the head researcher for the project. If any of you wish to help out when we might need it, I just wanted to let you know that you will be credited in the book with your information and or photos my friend and I might need.

Re: A Pig's Tail/Trademark Of Quality Book Is Back On/Promo Teaser
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: March 26, 2020 15:42

Are you in touch with Clinton Heylin ?

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: March 26, 2020 15:59

As much as I enjoyed ‘Bootleg’ there were some omissions and mistakes in there that could have been better dealt with. I look forward to this tome.

Date: March 26, 2020 22:58

sandandglue,
I will be in touch with you soon. The book is going to correct all inaccuracies of the Heylin book as it concerns anything to do with Trademark Of Quality.

Posted by: ChrisM42 ()
Date: March 29, 2020 20:34

Well, this is a great idea that is overdue. It will be good to also talk about the famous releases and vinyl and cover variations.

Posted by: ChrisM42 ()
Date: March 29, 2020 20:36

Date: August 4, 2020 08:05

Hi Everybody,
I just want to wish everybody a Good Evening or Day Day-wherever you are. For those of you who were giving up hope, I wanted to pass along something to you. [gbmi.pub]

Posted by: KevinM ()
Date: August 5, 2020 05:31

A Pig's Tale: The Underground Story of the Legendary Bootleg Record Label, Trade Mark of Quality

"In that hot summer of ’69 two longhaired music freaks created an underground LP record album of unreleased tracks by one of their music gods and put it out on the streets of Los Angeles. No one had ever been crazy enough to do such an audacious thing before. The god’s official record label was not amused but the music fans were thrilled. Were these guys pirates or heroes? It was so much fun the first time, they soon pressed up even more records of forbidden musical fruit. They were on a roll. The following year, in 1970, one of the culprits put The Pig image in a circular logo with the name, “Trade Mark of Quality.” TMQ and Pigman were born!

With a cast of outrageous characters, here is the story of Trade Mark of Quality aka TMQ aka The Pig, the first bootleg record label of it’s kind, spawning many later imitators. From the end of the 60’s to the mid 70’s, TMQ and Pigman lead the way, trotting down a muddy trail, feeding the habits and needs of music addicts around the world. Who were these fellow travelers? Carl? The Greek? Merlin? Hans? Rob Snout? Casper? Sheldon? The Blue Hasslebeast? and Ol’ Fred? (Not to mention, The Brooklyn Boys, The Record Suits and The Feds!) What was the connection between TMQ and the Viet Nam war, revolutionaries, guns, pot and the moon landing? It’s all here!

Included in A Pig’s Tale is not only the Trade Mark of Quality and Pigman saga, but reproductions of all the rubber stamped and illustrated album jackets from every genuine TMQ record release, including the earliest releases from ’69 right up to the last titles in 1976. Everything you ever wanted to know about the real TMQ label is here: A complete discography of artists and track listings, sources of recordings, catalogue numbers, master tape and record matrix info, colored vinyl pressings, record labels, graphics, photos, vintage news clippings, articles and more, all collected together, at last, in one volume.

A Pig’s Tale by Ralph Sutherland and Harold Sherrick, with their unique point of view, guides the reader through the never before told history of Trade Mark of Quality. It’s all here for the music lover and fan, the hardcore record collector and the just plain curious.
WARNING! THESE EVENTS COULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IN ANOTHER TIME AND PLACE!

(Pigman says, “Be cool, put some sounds on the turntable and groove on with ‘A Pig’s Tale’!”)

ISBN: 978-1-947521-40-7"

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 5, 2020 07:11

This is a book I will stand in line for.

jb

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 5, 2020 11:34

Seemingly I missed this thing first time around, but now reading the description of the book, to me the project is a cool one.

Makes me think that one of the rock and rollest of anything related to rock and roll is the bootleg business. Keef might act pirate but this is a real thing haha... Something accomplished initially by a few hippies... Its illegality, probably a few bucks in mind, but a deep hardcore fan interest in music. Within the course of rock music, the bootleg created a world of its own, adding something essential to the whole genre. I mean, without bootlegs what we Stones fans would have known all of those legendary 70's tours, especially if many of us weren't being able too see them live back then? Surely some artists hated it, as record companies did, as thinking - partly wrong - losing money, but at the same time it also worked for those artists and to their established status. That there was such a hardcore interest out there loving things like this. Like Keef has mentioned, keeping an eye for bootleg business was like seeing where you were going - they didn't bootleg anyone...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 11:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: August 5, 2020 12:04

Doxa
Seemingly I missed this thing first time around, but now reading the description of the book, to me the project is a cool one.

Makes me think that one of the rock and rollest of anything related to rock and roll is the bootleg business. Keef might act pirate but this is a real thing haha... Something accomplished initially by a few hippies... Its illegality, probably a few bucks in mind, but a deep hardcore fan interest in music. Within the course of rock music, the bootleg created a world of its own, adding something essential to the whole genre. I mean, without bootlegs what we Stones fans would have known all of those legendary 70's tours, especially if many of us weren't being able too see them live back then? Surely some artists hated it, as record companies did, as thinking - partly wrong - losing money, but at the same time it also worked for those artists and to their established status. That there was such a hardcore interest out there loving things like this. Like Keef has mentioned, keeping an eye for bootleg business was like seeing where you were going - they didn't bootleg anyone...

- Doxa

History will agree, if the bootlegs didn’t exist the music would be lost

post note: Even Bruce Springsteen has used bootleg recording to patch up their releases to the fans on a pay for basis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home