Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jagger-Only Outfits
Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: March 25, 2020 00:08

Fun thread!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2020 02:02

……………………..…………. June 1968

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 25, 2020 02:41

I kinda like that lemon suit. Not that I would wear it, but it looks good on Mick.

jb

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 25, 2020 07:31

mrfancyman
Palace Revolution 2000

So I didn't want to break the bank, and start a medium pace. It's a good suit in '68. I can't really think of anyone besides a Beatle or Hendrix who would have worn that. Maybe it has to do with status too.
Looks tailored. So he might have asked for that. I think I've seen him wear that in a photo with Marianne, and a Maxi coat. Maybe a hat too.

Ok, he's also wearing wingtips. I think he liked those up to '73.

I think this is the same suit.
Shot during lightning and camera check for TV performance with "stand in" for Bill.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I don't know exact date and which TV Show.

Looks like Ian Stewart standing in for Bill?

Date: March 25, 2020 11:04

jbwelda
I kinda like that lemon suit. Not that I would wear it, but it looks good on Mick.

jb

I think that is the idea of this thread: only Jagger can pull these looks off. It's like those rare shots when yous ee Charlie wearing something of Mick's, and everyone laughs, and he looks just ridiculous.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: March 25, 2020 12:22

swimtothemoon
mrfancyman
Palace Revolution 2000

So I didn't want to break the bank, and start a medium pace. It's a good suit in '68. I can't really think of anyone besides a Beatle or Hendrix who would have worn that. Maybe it has to do with status too.
Looks tailored. So he might have asked for that. I think I've seen him wear that in a photo with Marianne, and a Maxi coat. Maybe a hat too.

Ok, he's also wearing wingtips. I think he liked those up to '73.

I think this is the same suit.
Shot during lightning and camera check for TV performance with "stand in" for Bill.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I don't know exact date and which TV Show.

Looks like Ian Stewart standing in for Bill?

You are absolutely right. 10 points!!!!!!

Date: March 25, 2020 22:43

They do the cover for GHS; to this day I hear guys calling it 'kinda gay'. He cuts his hair for the next leg of the tour.

I'm not sure if those are still Ossie Clark suits; but while they are similar; the same idea, it is all way more over the top now. Shoulder pads, the scarves are much longer; diamond head bands; a silk tail coat.

All leading up to the baddest of them all -

The Gold Leather Suit! Dancing with Mr D. Even by Jagger standards that one was quite a dish.

In repose; just a terrible look. Only in the 70's. Like my best friend's mom.

A snazzy suit.

And leaving us with things to come - the 70's are just beginning, baby. Compare this to the Sticky Fingers cut-out only 2 years earlier.

Date: March 25, 2020 23:39

In the late 80's the drugs got
gayer and there was a notable lack
of gdecent mirrors at many of the clubs and venues … ……

ROCKMAN

Date: March 25, 2020 23:49

Rockman

In the late 80's the drugs got
gayer and there was a notable lack
of gdecent mirrors at many of the clubs and venues … ……
Incredible. At first I thought that was Steel Panther, but I guess they are for reals. I would guess: from L to R - drums, lead vocal, guitar, bass.

Date: March 26, 2020 00:04

Metal band Twatt …….. at least they got the name right ……

ROCKMAN

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: March 26, 2020 21:41

Rockman

Metal band Twatt …….. at least they got the name right ……
Hahahahahaha!

Date: March 26, 2020 23:29

"I play in Twatt"...how do you walk down the street with that on your conscience?

'74. Jagger didn't do much in the way of looking wild. Although two images that I immediately thought of when this thread came up are these two.

I guess in '74 other rockers could probably have got by with that kind of a photo shoot. Todd Rundgren in his prime; maybe Darryl Hall in early days; all the Disco kings. Oh, Lou and Bowie of course.

Here is that pattern again! Did he turn that crazy suit inside out this time? The suit that has quickly become the theme of this thread.

Other than that I found some great '74 era shots; rare stuff. But it doesn't fit with this thread. I sort of wanted to post them in Rockman's thread, but will wait for an OK.

Date: March 28, 2020 15:36

Re the 1975 US tour it is just too obvious. Jagger went completely over the top with his look, with his singing style - to the point of caricature. The guitarists took way more drugs; the show the stage. Everyone here knows this, and is familiar with the images. It'd be redundant to show pics again. I don't have a scanner, so I;m limited as to what I can put here. I wish I could display the shots of Jagger standing in front of the mirror, unshaven and grumpy, modelling expensive, outre assemblies. There is so much in those pictures.

I like that for this tour it became an even more conscious effort by the band to put across, a unified look, as part of the show and image. Keith and Ron very often came out as two halves of the same look. Even Bill Wyman synced up. Billy and Ollie too. Charlie was perfect with his new haircut and tight tailored fit.

This is just a tiny glimpse into the wide array of stage shots, and looks. And by today's standards they aren't all that bizarre. But in '75 as a rock performer Jagger threw the doors wide open; and gave his blessing for others to follow and expand. It is easy to see everything Steve Tyler, and later Axl Rose copped from him. And a very recent fashion shoot.

It would be easy to plaster colorful images in this thread. But I don't think I'd really be saying anything original.
Plus there are other posters here who have had their own great threads ( for other tours) going for a long time; and I don't want to muscle my way into their themes.

Oh, and The Suit for this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 12:26 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 29, 2020 06:40

Which designer is that recent fashion shoot from, Palace? Fascinating.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 29, 2020 13:35

angee
Which designer is that recent fashion shoot from, Palace? Fascinating.

Pretty sure Yves St Laurent

Date: March 31, 2020 14:25

By '76 Jagger was embracing the jet setlife style. That stage outfit, the green Flamenco look had to be here.

And I simply can't believe that suit shows up yet again in Zurich.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 1, 2020 10:48

As a person who grew up in the 70s it’s hilarious to see how this stuff makes people uncomfortable even today.
Back then nobody gave a shit what you were into, there were slogans like “ if it feels good do it”.
As Madonna so astutely said” AIDS and the 80s turned everyone into these 50s monsters”
Mick was having an affair with Billy in the mid-70s. There’s nothing funnier than “ it looks kinda gay” ... ya think ? Or they’re afraid to just say it and write “ghey” whatever that is.
I’ve never found out who made the bands leather outfits for 75 but you can tell Ronnies, Keith’s and Bills are made by the same person.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 10:58 by lem motlow.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1760
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home