Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger-Only Outfits
Date: March 22, 2020 13:29

I thought of a good thread. There are so many looks that only Mick Jagger is able to pull off. The mind reels. But I'll start with an obscure one: the snow leopard coat in "1/2 a Loaf" video.
[youtu.be]

Re: Jagger-Only Outfits
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 22, 2020 16:05

Haha... a good idea. I think the football trousers during 1981 American tour and the trousers during 1982 European, which looked like longjohns from a distance, were something like only Jagger can get away with... And even to look cool...

- Doxa

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 22, 2020 16:47

"If Mick Jagger can't wear whatever he wants, then what is the world coming to?"

- Keith

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 22, 2020 19:10

I guess "able to pull off" is in the eye of the beholder. This beerholder always winced at most of his costumes, that was in pre-facepalm days.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2020 19:17

jbwelda
I guess "able to pull off" is in the eye of the beholder. This beerholder always winced at most of his costumes, that was in pre-facepalm days.

jb

yeah...the football pants in 1981 were one thing. the longjohns a year later were a bridge too far.

Date: March 22, 2020 19:39

I wonder if the green and black tights and bright yellow blazer he wore at live aid was just something thrown together at the last minute, or did he or someone else consciously pick those out and think "Yeah, those will go well together." ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-22 19:42 by ryanpow.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2020 20:19

ryanpow
I wonder if the green and black tights and bright yellow blazer he wore at live aid was just something thrown together at the last minute, or did he or someone else consciously pick those out and think "Yeah, those will go well together." ?

I think he just showed up to the show to watch, and then said, oh, you want me on?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2020 21:49

…….. Ronnie's tribute to The Birds ….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 22, 2020 22:27

treaclefingers
ryanpow

I think he just showed up to the show to watch, and then said, oh, you want me on?

That's the impression I get

Date: March 23, 2020 00:34

So I didn't want to break the bank, and start a medium pace. It's a good suit in '68. I can't really think of anyone besides a Beatle or Hendrix who would have worn that. Maybe it has to do with status too.
Looks tailored. So he might have asked for that. I think I've seen him wear that in a photo with Marianne, and a Maxi coat. Maybe a hat too.

Ok, he's also wearing wingtips. I think he liked those up to '73.

Date: March 23, 2020 00:37

Hmm. Did Mick see Keith's shirt first?

Keith is wearing polka dots, vertical striped trousers, and horizontal striped tie. And it still somehow works!

Date: March 23, 2020 00:45

Getting side tracked by Polka dots now.

Didn't Keith wear an Anita jacket in a 70's interview once? A red one? With no teeth?

OK, found it. Needed to add this for OCD reasons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-23 01:10 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: March 23, 2020 01:05

Monkey Man …………………..

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2020 01:08

LOL I think that is the jacket that Bill said smelled really bad.
But good call: only another Stone could have worn that. The Beatles didn't have the pecs for that. I just realized this: the Beatles were not big on showing skin.

Date: March 23, 2020 01:18

Chains
My baby's got me locked up in chains
And they ain't the kind
That you can see
Whoa, these chains of love
Got a hold on me, yeah ……………….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2020 01:22

If there was anyone who was going to fly in the picture to blow holes in my new cool theory it was the Rockman. winking smiley
But, in a way that shot kind of proves the point that the Beatles needed to keep their shirts on.

Date: March 23, 2020 01:25

Yeah Macca … well he aint no midnight rambler …..

ROCKMAN

Date: March 23, 2020 01:28

Rockman
Yeah Macca … well he aint no midnight rambler …..

Ha! Classic. I got to say it again.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 23, 2020 05:38

I think it was keith who could get away with wearing anything and still look kool as @#$%&. Consistently.

jb

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 23, 2020 06:32

Mick threw me off in 2006 when he went onstage in a pink jacket that had like the backside cut out. It looked like a tail coat in reverse. I was 17 and had no way of finding that cool or stylish

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 23, 2020 06:35

I like this outfit.
That is a freebie poster when I bought the album in 1974.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 23, 2020 09:37

Nikkei
Mick threw me off in 2006 when he went onstage in a pink jacket that had like the backside cut out. It looked like a tail coat in reverse. I was 17 and had no way of finding that cool or stylish

I could never really wrap my head around that one either,it was like “ok, done everything possible so this is where we’re going”

Around that time Mick did have one that was literally the most rock and roll piece of clothing I’ve ever seen though, the chrome snakeskin jacket.
I remember just going,” yup, chrome snakeskin, fckr just went next level.”

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: March 23, 2020 10:10

Palace Revolution 2000

So I didn't want to break the bank, and start a medium pace. It's a good suit in '68. I can't really think of anyone besides a Beatle or Hendrix who would have worn that. Maybe it has to do with status too.
Looks tailored. So he might have asked for that. I think I've seen him wear that in a photo with Marianne, and a Maxi coat. Maybe a hat too.

Ok, he's also wearing wingtips. I think he liked those up to '73.

I think this is the same suit.
Shot during lightning and camera check for TV performance with "stand in" for Bill.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I don't know exact date and which TV Show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-23 15:25 by mrfancyman.

Date: March 23, 2020 15:21

Next would have to be one of the most iconic outfits Jagger selected; for an iconic setting. Some called it a 'dress'.
What is so powerful in the creation of the greatest rockn roll band in the world is of course the visuals. And '68,'69 was when Keith emerged from the shadows as co-leadman for the band. Hooking up with Anita, discovering open tunings and temporarily taking the reins for the musical direction. So what I find very striking is how in sync Jagger/Richards were in their look. They began to sound like each other, and look like each other. Many pics of the South America trip, Positano show them looking like twins. I am not that organized; I will think of a specific picture but can not locate it. There is a photo session from around LIB sessions of the whole band, and I believe Keith or Mick is pulling on some boots in one of them. They all seem to have red shirts on. In those shots they look very similar.
My point here is that while Jagger has the flowing white 'dress' on, Keith is dressed in the same vein.
On the '69 tour this also happens when they both wear the cool trousers from So America with the studs along the sides; they both find the stitched rhinestone tops in red, black and blue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 11:05 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: March 24, 2020 11:04

Nobody else would wear this abomination. It's like the skirt to the jacket that Rockman posted earlier. In this thread I'll think of one type pic, and then it always makes me think of a side tangent. Bianca.

By Jagger's standards pretty tame, but a lemon suit. come on.

Whoah; Jagger must have really loved that crazy old thing. Here he pulls it out again to show off to Bianca, I suppose. Mothballs and all.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 24, 2020 11:08

He's not actually wearing that skirt, just to be fair here

Date: March 24, 2020 11:43

It's like the skirt to the jacket that Rockman posted earlier

Looks like Micks wearin a skirt
but actually he's carrying a jacket ….

ROCKMAN

Date: March 24, 2020 19:19

Rockman
It's like the skirt to the jacket that Rockman posted earlier

Looks like Micks wearin a skirt
but actually he's carrying a jacket ….
Haha...yeah, well it's that boring ole truth getting in the way of a good story again.

Date: March 24, 2020 19:51

First off - IMO his look in '72 was a total success. And at that point, unseen. Maybe Little Richard was allowed such flamboyance. And Nureyev. When I thought about '72 the Long Beach backstage shots immediately popped into my mind. That cane, that robe, the ascot. Just the whole idea of a sash.

The jumpsuits, gold, purple, white were awesome. They way they were tailored. I have felt one. it is not just the cut, but also the material that had so much to do with the effect. The weight of the velour, actually crushed velvet, and the studs. Then he's got the gold chains, he starts using that huge belt for the Rambler. I remember noticing the glitter on his face, sequins. Jagger really wrote the book on rockstar look that year; still in place today: the white shoes. Everyone started wearing them after that. Important too: you come out on stage with all kinds of accessories. But you discard them by the second song usually.

Classic white jumpsuit. Ossie Clark. What is notable about Ossie's career IMO is that his design of Jagger's jumpsuit makes sense when following the development of his designs. And also that it was just a small-ish blip in his busy career. Not like some people who base their entire life on that one-time event.

Here are those polka dots again. I think he only wore that look early on the West Coast. Not sure, but maybe he even ditched the Marilyn top, and green trouser look too towards the end of tour. Again, interesting that Keith is glamming along in his own pirate way. Blond highlights, silk shirt too. I think he also had kind of a belt thing going. Make-up.

Date: March 24, 2020 21:09

well it's that boring ole truth getting in the way of a good story again.

….. those friggin' monkey's …… yapyapyapyapyapyap….

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2061
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home