Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Please give us some new music
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 24, 2020 09:39

frankotero
I understand your opinion lem motlow. Just don't like to be stifled or feel caged up. I'm hoping for the best like everyone else.

It’s driving me nuts too, I used to be the one that had to be dragged out of the house now I want to go out, I don’t care where it is, just out.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 24, 2020 10:31

U2Stonesfan, thank you for the links. Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Cheers!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 24, 2020 13:53

U2Stonesfan
I hear what your saying frankotero.
You probably mean something like what Neil Diamond has done.
[m.youtube.com]

Or like John Fogerty
[www.rollingstone.com]

...or like Bono Vox has done:
[youtu.be]

But you can’t ask Mick or Keith.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 24, 2020 17:11

Keith Urban has done two different 30 minute sets
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 17:57 by U2Stonesfan.

Date: March 24, 2020 17:53

Steve Winwood
[www.facebook.com]

Date: March 24, 2020 18:03

Hozier - #TogetherAtHome with Global Citizen & World Health Organisation
[m.youtube.com]

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: March 25, 2020 02:34

That new Stones LP is gonna be killer when it finally shows up....hang in there!

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 25, 2020 12:43

its a few years ago but worth a watch, Sharp dressed man at home...daryl's home!!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 25, 2020 13:24

But do Keith and Mick write together anymore?I hope they do

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 25, 2020 17:49

bv
Forget about the Stones for now. This is the time to survive. Just having the thought of The Stones to meet up now for your own personal pleasure is just absurd and selfish. This is a world crisis. Wake up.

Spot on Bjornulf. Way to go sir!

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: March 26, 2020 13:57

bv
Forget about the Stones for now. This is the time to survive. Just having the thought of The Stones to meet up now for your own personal pleasure is just absurd and selfish. This is a world crisis. Wake up.

BV, thanks for doing all you do to keep this board and the IORR community going during as this horrible ordeal of terror plays out.

RESPECTFULLY, BV, I have to take issue with your words. I'll say that you are both correct and flat out wrong.

World crisis - correct. No dispute. Survive - do what it takes to survive, but once you have done / taken care of doing that - LIVE!

It is the Stones and other things which we all work so hard to have the time and money to enjoy that we should be thinking of in times like this when we are isolated. Survive, absolutely! But don't forget to live, too!

BV, ask you one question that I think most of us feel - Excepting being sick, how hard would it be for Mick and/or Keith and/or Charlie and/or Ronnie to record something like a message (doesn't have to be music) to the world as an encouragement for us all to hang in there and then put it up on the Stones' web site or You Tube? Not hard at all!

If they are all safely quarantined, what is to stop them from doing a collaborative 4-picture screen message or even run-through like the Steep Canyon Rangers Steep Canyon Rangers - collaborative performance while each in isolation

and many other bands have done/are doing?

This pandemic is a horrible worldwide tragedy, whether accidental or intentional. The moral of billions can be increased by those we've leaned on stepping up and lifting not a hand, but merely a pinkie finger.

Have you forgotten among the Stones' most memorable and (presently) salient lyrics?

Well we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it, well you can lean on me
Yeah we all need someone we can lean on
And if you want it, well you can lean on me

Let It Bleed ....................

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 26, 2020 14:53

If there was money in it I am sure they would do a live stream.Some bands are doing live streams to survive on the kind donations!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 26, 2020 17:02

Please stay well Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie and everyone.

Date: March 26, 2020 18:44

stonesstein, how dare you! go back to hiding under the bed. I'm being nasty and sarcastic of course. Most likely misunderstood as well. Definitely unpopular and politically incorrect. At the same time I'm hoping everyone is doing okay. Cheers!

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 26, 2020 18:54

Ralph Mctell has refused many times to re-write streets on London...until now

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: March 26, 2020 19:14

<how hard would it be for Mick and/or Keith and/or Charlie and/or Ronnie to record something like a message (doesn't have to be music) to the world as an encouragement for us all to hang in there and then put it up on the Stones' web site or You Tube>

You obviously missed Ronnie's post.

Why the blue fonts? And the red?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 26, 2020 22:00

The Music Industry should keep already scheduled release dates and should release new music at least digitally.

It's understandable that Distributor's Warehouses are currently closed, also Music-Stores and that Amazon has set the delivery of CDs/DVDs to low priority - [iorr.org] - [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

With the postponement to Fall 2020 there's too much at once then at that time - new releases, rescheduled releases, Cinemas probably reopened, new or rescheduled Concerts/Tours and so on. In the meantime there's a kind of emptiness due to the Covid-19 lockdown and self-isolation. This period should be covered with digital releases.

Date: March 26, 2020 22:45

lrix, I would like to say good point. Lately I was wondering what's going to happen with already planned releases even though nothing much has interested me so far. But also we have no idea how long this will continue. These are interesting times to say the least.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: March 27, 2020 05:19

frankotero - Dig you! Respected and you be safe.

DandelionPowdenrerman:

Blue and red to make people with nothing else to do, complain and whine!

I do not know how long you have been on IORR, nor do I care, but I have posted i blue and red for 10 or more years to make people like you who have no better use of your time as "Why?>"

Silly, I know, but for people like you who worry so hard about the color of people's posts, it's great folly to provoke you!

Seriously, be safe and careful in this most difficult time!!!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 27, 2020 11:24

U2Stonesfan
I hear what your saying frankotero.
You probably mean something like what Neil Diamond has done.
[m.youtube.com]

Or like John Fogerty
[www.rollingstone.com]

Or Bob Dylan with an epic 16' song [youtu.be]

The Stones ? Can't be bothered obviously...but the same goes for other icons like Macca.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home