Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Please give us some new music
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 21, 2020 23:35

It wouldn't take much effort for the guys to do some tele networking and put together a couple songs. It could be a one off experience in consideration of postponed or cancelled tour in these unusual times. Please Stones hook us up with some happiness. Thank you in advance!

Re: Please give us some new music
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 22, 2020 00:20

frankotero
It wouldn't take much effort for the guys to do some tele networking and put together a couple songs. It could be a one off experience in consideration of postponed or cancelled tour in these unusual times. Please Stones hook us up with some happiness. Thank you in advance!

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 22, 2020 00:28

Create your happiness. New music will arrive when they're ready to release it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2020 00:55

frankotero

Well if they had any REAL interest in offering new music to their fans they would have managed to put something together over the past 15 years, surely, like every other living band has. They did try in 2015 and "hit the wall", the rest as they say is "history"...If anything the cancellation/postponement of the tour robs them of an "excuse" to not work on an "album".

Still it seems we have the Deluxe GHS to look forward to with outtakes that are probably more interesting then anything they can come up with these days.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 22, 2020 01:04

Chill

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 22, 2020 01:24

Sit down, shut up, don't dare cry
Things will get better if you really try
So don't you panic, don't you panic, give it one more try
Don't you panic, don't you panic, give it one more try ………..

……………………..…………………………….. One More try -- Jagger/Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stone66 ()
Date: March 22, 2020 02:32

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: March 22, 2020 03:03

The world is in a pandemic. The Coronavirus is very dangerous for older people, such as the Stones. Stop being selfish about how they need to put out new music right now. Get over it and worry about keeping yourself safe. Worry about the Stones being safe and healthy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 22, 2020 03:15

Meanwhile Neil Young is doing live sessions on his website, and Bob Dylan is supposedly about to release a new album (unconfirmed but I just read it here).Plenty of entertainment to be found out there. thumbs up
As for the Stones...."don't hold your breath"...in other words not gonna happen anytime soon, though it would be nice.

gotdablouse

Still it seems we have the Deluxe GHS to look forward to with outtakes that are probably more interesting then anything they can come up with these days.

Amen and hallelujah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-22 03:17 by Hairball.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 22, 2020 03:16

Maybe Jagger wants to protect their legacy by not putting out songs that would approach classics like Moonlight Mile,Gimme Shelter,Jumping Jack Flash.To put an album out where all the critics will say it doesn’t approach the quality of Exile or Beggars may be something Jagger is not interested in.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 22, 2020 04:33

448 pages about it: [iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 22, 2020 06:13

Taylor1
Maybe Mick wants to protect their legacy by not putting out songs that would approach classics like Streets of Love, Sweet Neocon and You Got Me Rocking .To put an album out where all the critics will say it doesn’t approach the quality of A Bigger Bang or some modern pop crap Jagger is interested in?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-23 20:21 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 22, 2020 06:32

You can't always get what you want ... (Jagger/Richards)

Date: March 22, 2020 10:36

… But if you try sometimes you get what you need!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 22, 2020 12:07

so it's a new tone we're trying here?

Date: March 22, 2020 12:19

By tone do you mean behavior, and is this comment aimed at me?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 22, 2020 12:22

well I can't really be sure to remember every comment of a 400 page thread, but I think this may be the first time someone said "please"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 22, 2020 12:25

Forget about the Stones for now. This is the time to survive. Just having the thought of The Stones to meet up now for your own personal pleasure is just absurd and selfish. This is a world crisis. Wake up.

Bjornulf

Date: March 22, 2020 13:08

bv
Forget about the Stones for now. This is the time to survive. Just having the thought of The Stones to meet up now for your own personal pleasure is just absurd and selfish. This is a world crisis. Wake up.

Now there's a mic drop if I ever heard one.

Besides, even if someone had music recorded - if we make it through this, everything will change. Any artists will have to re-evaluate their pre-art with their post-art.
On a much smaller scale: my band and I had started recording new stuff right when all this hit. We obviously had to stop, and hopefully post-pone. But I find myself looking at the songs, especially the lyrics, and saying "This is some inane crap. How did I ever think this mattered in any way?"

Date: March 22, 2020 13:11

World crisis and wake up! Wonder what you will say if or when it's determined that it wasn't as bad as expected. I'm a born skeptic, something tells me we don't know all the facts and what the real truth is. This is my perspective and I might be wrong and apologize if I am. But really, all this over reaction is wearing me out. Personally, I'm going to continue to talk about and listen to music. By the way the request post reads "tele networking" how terribly selfish I am.

Date: March 22, 2020 13:24

I have 4 sisters, one brother, and my dad all living in Italy, and one sister and brother in NYC. There is no over reaction.
I understand you are wearing out. I very much agree on that. I think the ultra coverage by anyone with a keyboard is out of control. Less talk, more action.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2020 14:08

frankotero
World crisis and wake up! Wonder what you will say if or when it's determined that it wasn't as bad as expected. I'm a born skeptic, something tells me we don't know all the facts and what the real truth is. This is my perspective and I might be wrong and apologize if I am. But really, all this over reaction is wearing me out. Personally, I'm going to continue to talk about and listen to music. By the way the request post reads "tele networking" how terribly selfish I am.

Honestly if that's the case everyone will be relieved but there's no doubting the situation is terrible in Italy (and elsewhere) right now.

Strangely though, there were some terrible flu epidemics in 1957 and 1969, 50000 dead in the US and 31000+ in France for the latter, and at the time no one batted an eye, practically zero coverage, the numbers were only compiled in France in the 2000s after SRAS. I suppose the difference is that at the time there was no "social media" but more importantly very little in the way of "life support units", so it didn't really matter if there was a "wave" or not, it was what it was...and in March 1970 the flu just "went away". May it be the same again this time.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 22, 2020 14:34

I don't want to start any fights, though my post above might contradict this. But seriously I too have a very special friend that lives in Friuli, Pordenone to be exact. And he's doing nothing but mocking the situation. Now I wouldn't go so far as that but he has his right and I respect it. Furthermore I'm a compassionate type that doesn't like hearing/knowing someone is in pain or suffering. But on the other hand I have to realize that I can't cry for the entire world, it's not going to change anything. This is a Stones fansite and I like to think I can talk about them, even plead them to make some music. Some of you disagree and I'll respect you if you do the same for me. Friends? I hope so.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 22, 2020 15:52

frankotero

I don't think BV is asking us not to listen to music or talk about it, but just asking not us demanding from a group of senior citizens belonging to the risky group any musical favors at the moment. If the world's biggest Rolling Stones fan asks that, I would respect that (besides, he has the Dirty Harry option always available if he feels like using it).

Anyway, I think that now when people have more spare time to use, I think that of listening music and talk about it, for example, here at IORR would be preferable.thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-22 15:56 by Doxa.

Date: March 22, 2020 16:37

If I may I'd like to direct your attention to Chris Norman official on Facebook. This is what I'm talking about. Very nice I don't know about him but I like his song Hey Mr Music Man. [m.facebook.com]

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: March 23, 2020 10:01

frankotero
I don't want to start any fights, though my post above might contradict this. But seriously I too have a very special friend that lives in Friuli, Pordenone to be exact. And he's doing nothing but mocking the situation. Now I wouldn't go so far as that but he has his right and I respect it. Furthermore I'm a compassionate type that doesn't like hearing/knowing someone is in pain or suffering. But on the other hand I have to realize that I can't cry for the entire world, it's not going to change anything. This is a Stones fansite and I like to think I can talk about them, even plead them to make some music. Some of you disagree and I'll respect you if you do the same for me. Friends? I hope so.

I was you a few weeks ago, I get it. But look deeper and you’ll find some scary shit.this isn’t the flu.
It’s a fire that could turn into a wildfire in a flash.as a person who lived through an actual wildfire, at some point it dawns on you-
That sinking feeling “what if it just keeps burning everything, what in the hell do you do? Call the fire department? Think about that for a minute..,

Date: March 23, 2020 10:59

I understand your opinion lem motlow. Just don't like to be stifled or feel caged up. I'm hoping for the best like everyone else.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 23, 2020 20:17

Taylor1
Maybe Jagger wants to protect their legacy by not putting out songs that would approach classics like Moonlight Mile,Gimme Shelter,Jumping Jack Flash.To put an album out where all the critics will say it doesn’t approach the quality of Exile or Beggars may be something Jagger is not interested in.

Well he has had over 40 years of hearing that.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: March 23, 2020 21:11

I hear what your saying frankotero.
You probably mean something like what Neil Diamond has done.
[m.youtube.com]

Or like John Fogerty
[www.rollingstone.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-23 21:35 by U2Stonesfan.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 24, 2020 06:46

Palace Revolution 2000
Besides, even if someone had music recorded - if we make it through this, everything will change. Any artists will have to re-evaluate their pre-art with their post-art.

I'm not sure if the Stones ever evaluated their (state of the) art pre or post some event. Doesn't really sound like them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-24 10:47 by doitywoik.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home