Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A guitar for Mr. Richards
Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: March 19, 2020 15:12

Don't know if it has been posted before, a very interesting read anyway. Enjoy!

[www.vintageguitar.com]

m.

Re: A guitar for Mr. Richards
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 19, 2020 15:35

Fico!

C

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 19, 2020 15:56

Great read , thanks for posting !

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 21, 2020 02:11

What a life! Thanks for posting.. great read.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 21, 2020 07:29

What was Ted Newman-Jones incarcerated for? This article mentions he served 15 years in prison but made no mention of what he was in for.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 21, 2020 07:32

everyone chip in to help get this poor man a guitar

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 22, 2020 07:47

TornAndFried
What was Ted Newman-Jones incarcerated for? This article mentions he served 15 years in prison but made no mention of what he was in for.

[iorr.org]

Click on dcba's link, the story is in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-22 07:50 by z.

Date: March 22, 2020 13:02

I met him a couple of times. Very nice man. Knew so much about guitars it was embarrassing for me, who plays, but knows little about them.

I believe the reason there is so little info about his time spent in the system, is because it has to do with that one most taboo subject. One that he was finally completely cleared of.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 22, 2020 15:32

Thanks PIC,

You gave me a very enjoyable time reading this and some other links (dcba !) while the sun was coloring my bold head (behind the window cool smiley) in quarantaine (confused smiley)
Quite a story, this Newman Jones guy!
smileys with beer

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 22, 2020 16:17

Still there's a bit of a discrepancy. partnerincrime's link speaks of a 12-year-prison stint, in dcba's link it is said that "he was put in jail for several months. ... Thanks to the help of the Stones lawyers, the american "justice" finally admitted he was not guilty". 12 years is a long stretch from several months. Was there perhaps another charge?

I remember a story/interview about the woodpecker guitar for Ronnie, where Keith claimed he quickly bought it so that Ronnie wouldn't get it.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 23, 2020 16:45

doitywoik
Still there's a bit of a discrepancy. partnerincrime's link speaks of a 12-year-prison stint, in dcba's link it is said that "he was put in jail for several months. ... Thanks to the help of the Stones lawyers, the american "justice" finally admitted he was not guilty". 12 years is a long stretch from several months. Was there perhaps another charge?

I remember a story/interview about the woodpecker guitar for Ronnie, where Keith claimed he quickly bought it so that Ronnie wouldn't get it.

I never heard that pedophelia story. I understand he went to jail for heroin trafficking.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home