Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good time for Stones Docs...
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 13, 2020 15:35

Seems this would be a good time push some Stones documentaries via streaming...

Would love to see Ronnie's Mad Lad...

Charlie is my Darling..

CS Blues...

Marquee club or Toronto Club shows...

The possibilities are endless...they could even do a special live stream show of a rehearsal to give fans something to watch/ listen to in these strange times. Maybe a q&A to make it personal. It's a win/ win for the band as they can probably get a good size audience to watch and it gives fans some entertainment/distraction and something new. call it virtual bonding.

I know most bands are not playing live ...but that doesn't mean the music has to stop. Maybe we need it more than ever.

Why not try to make the best of the situation.

Re: Good time for Stones Docs...
Date: March 13, 2020 18:04

Aren't most of those shows ready for streaming on Youtube?

Date: March 13, 2020 19:55

Yes...and plenty of us have them on dvd etc.

Was just thinking a live studio performance streamed might be nice for everyone!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 16, 2020 14:30

I've been advocating for them to stream their studio sessions for a long time...I think they'd be amazing...long jams and some hits thrown in...this way a whole new perspective of this band would be shown...especially how good they are as musicians....the shows in stadiums are stale...done....

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 16, 2020 14:34

An I the only one that assumed the headline referred to the Stones physicians?

Virus info overload smoking smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:55

It is absolutely worth it, just like looking back some old concerts through the years.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:21

I just realized I haven’t seen Charlie Is My Darling. Now is the right time to get it. Is the box set worth investing?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:58

padre69
I just realized I haven’t seen Charlie Is My Darling. Now is the right time to get it. Is the box set worth investing?

It's one of the best box sets they've ever released, imho.

Date: March 16, 2020 22:58

Cristiano Radtke
padre69

It's one of the best box sets they've ever released, imho.

Agreed thumbs up

Date: March 16, 2020 23:26

Thanks guys. I'll get it.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 17, 2020 04:33

I just got Charlie is My Darling a couple of weeks ago and I have to agree: it is well worth it. I got the deluxe set (for a pretty good price) with the cd of a live concert from back in the sixties, 66 I think. Far better than Got Live if You Want It. And the movie itself is quite interesting with some good musical content as well. Look around and you can find this version for 30$ or so and the plain vanilla version for under 10.

Thanks to those who responded to a similar post of mine and said to get it. They were right.

jb

Date: March 17, 2020 08:24

For $30? Wow!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 17, 2020 08:29

I did get it for around 30 dollars as well, the was a big price drop some years ago. Great box and quality, unfortunately it didn't become the standard for future ABKCO releases.....now we get youtubeclips up for 1 hour with overdubbed horrible noises, and "deluxe packages" for 100s of pounds with no new music - just re-pressings of postcards and 7" singles

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 08:51 by Erik_Snow.

Date: March 18, 2020 06:20

Yeah there aren't any that cheap out on ebay right now, but keep watch and something will show up. There is the normal issue of it for a little over 10$, again, be patient and you will find it cheaper.

jb

Date: March 18, 2020 21:17

...I See Neil Young has the right idea...

[www.cnn.com]

Date: March 19, 2020 11:47

jbwelda
Yeah there aren't any that cheap out on ebay right now, but keep watch and something will show up. There is the normal issue of it for a little over 10$, again, be patient and you will find it cheaper.

jb

Got it reserved for 40€!

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 22, 2020 06:33

The Stones are on the cover of the upcoming Goldmine Magazine, May edition....

Date: March 31, 2020 13:45

Got my Charlie Is My Darling yesterday. Haven’t watched it yet, but the box is beautiful, very nicely done.
I read the booklet of the movie and started wondering if it’s the same movie as Rolling With The Stones? I bought that as a VCD (remember?) about 20 years ago from Hong Kong or China. If I recall right at least the Elvis impersonation was also on that vcd. Gotta try if that disc still plays somewhere...

Date: March 31, 2020 14:40

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-31 14:43 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: April 1, 2020 01:36

As I remember, Rolling with the Stones was an unauthorized compilation of basically a bunch of junk: interviews mostly, maybe some limited backstage scenes. Charlie Is My Darling is the genuine article, much better than that back shelf BS.

jb

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 3, 2020 21:18

Didn't they release a CD only of the music from this box set, or is the only way to get that is to get the box set itself?

Date: April 4, 2020 03:57

I think its box set only; that was the #1 reason I bought it

jb

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 4, 2020 07:53

You know what might be priceless is the rehearsals with Bill in 2012. Wonder if they filmed it, or even taped it? Be pretty silly if they didn't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home