Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Petition for a “live” virtual concert on a PPV basis!
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:58

What a fantastic idea I think that’s exactly what they should do!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 17, 2020 04:42

>showing up in a garage and setting up an iPhone to stream the footage.

that would be a good start.

jb

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 17, 2020 08:31

guyrachel
Obviously I meant pay per view, not paper view

I wouldn't mind a paper view/review instead. A pay per view without even an audience could be a sad sight.

Date: March 17, 2020 12:36

I really don't think it would be a "sad sight". Every time they practice, all the sessions that have ever happened have been for themselves, not for an audience.

Date: March 17, 2020 12:39

I am not "acting", at all, and I'm sure you don't mean it like that.

But I think that extraordinary times calls for extraordinary measures, and for a group of elderly men, who we all love, to show a lead at this time, could be very inspirational.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 17, 2020 12:49

guyrachel
I really don't think it would be a "sad sight". Every time they practice, all the sessions that have ever happened have been for themselves, not for an audience.

I don't get the feeling they have been playing for themselves ever since 1979. They're not together in the studio at the same time, and certainly not playing together "for the fun of it". It's to make a product, or when rehearsing; to deliver the give the forthcoming paying audience a decent and expected experience.
I'll read the paper instead, thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 13:10 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 17, 2020 13:58

These four seventyplus years old British citizens, with histories of brain surgeries, cancers and heart problems, should stay at home, distanced and seperated as their goverment has adviced such people to do. Which I am sure they do, happen some of them to be in America or in France.

It's Only Rock'n'Roll. Literally.

- Doxa

Date: March 17, 2020 14:15

Doxa
These four seventyplus years old British citizens, with histories of brain surgeries, cancers and heart problems, should stay at home, distanced and seperated as their goverment has adviced such people to do. Which I am sure they do, happen some of them to be in America or in France.

It's Only Rock'n'Roll. Literally.

- Doxa

They should indeed. Ronnie was jamming with Ben Waters the other day, though (even though the gig was cancelled).

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 16:03

If Keith is in Connecticut right now, keep in mind that Weston is fairly close to the Westchester County/NYC border, where there is a major spread of the disease occurring.

I live about an hour east of him...Connecticut still has a relatively low number of confirmed cases (41), but there are significant outbreaks to our west and north. It's only a matter of time before the number explodes.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: March 17, 2020 16:43

As much as I love the Stones, I would not want to view a concert without a crowd. The energy of the crowd is almost as crucial as the music. It would amount to wat hint a rehearsal. Hopefully, we can view a broadcast of a live show in England later in the year.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:45

I'd settle for a new single to build interest for the upcoming "album".

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:49

…. gimmie a double album of studio stuff ….. yeah greedy I know ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:59

Stones in a small club, playing a new album (PLUS) with a holographic audience.........

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:03

I doubt the Stones have any interest in playing to an empty room. The crowds and the energy/love they get from them are probably their top reason to even bother at this point in time so...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:33

EddieByword
Stones in a small club, playing a new album (PLUS) with a holographic audience.........

Stones in front of a green screen, playing to a holographic club

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:36

I don't necessarily advocate the Rolling Stones should do this but there should be artists wanting to do something on live broadcast TV. So far, only John Legend has decided to do it. Consider all network TV programs will be in reruns very soon because they cannot make new shows. And with everyone hunkered in at home why not volunteer for free massive exposure with your music?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:37

Nikkei
EddieByword

Stones in front of a green screen, playing to a holographic club

Holographic Stones playing online in an IORR forum environment

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:57

Looks Like Ben waters is taking you up on your idea!!!

Email from Ben Waters yesterday, No mention of Mr Wood, but I hope he joins in from Home as well

Hi Everyone
We are going live at 9.30 with this new experiment! A party for Paddy's night
Its the first gig in a series, we are going to get all the local musicians who have lost there gigs to come over in the next few weeks and they will play live , Tonights its between 9.30 and 10.30 as its taken ages to set up
Thanks to Kyle and Chandler we are ready to go
This is the first and experimental night
we want to make sure it works, we are actually live at 9.30, but you can sign on anytime before then, but don't close your window down or you will have to pay again, you might want to sign in early just to make sure you don't miss anything
We want to see how many people will sign in to see if its going to work as an alternative to musicians gigs
Tomorrow its me and Tom hopefully
Thursday is Micky Biggs
Friday is Jack Daniels and Benny Wain
Saturday is Sam Kelly\Sunday is Amy Mayes
You can email live during the show at benwaters1@aol.com
Please share this with as many people as you can, all of these brilliant musicians are too good to be sat at home
If it works we will keep going

To Watch click here
[play.streamingvideoprovider.com]

I hope you can all make it

Ben

Date: March 18, 2020 14:01

Money for charity please. I'd pay !

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home