Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Petition for a “live” virtual concert on a PPV basis!
Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: March 13, 2020 11:28

In the absence of the upcoming LIVE tour! What about The Rolling Stones live from a studio (fuming they are all well and happy et cetera et cetera)
Could be the perfect way for them to preview some new songs… In fact the stones could be the head of the pack by actually putting something into practice that’s never really been done before…
Nick and still have allsorts of price packages, that included virtual live access to interviews to backstage to playing a particular song et cetera et cetera lots of possible ideas and then they can record the whole thing and release it is a massive box set…it could be called through the lonely nights

Re: Petition for a “live” virtual concert on a PPV basis!
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: March 13, 2020 11:42

With apologies to the Lizard Kingsmiling smiley

Petition the Stones with prayer...petition the Stones with prayer?

YOU CANNOT PETITION THE STONES WITH PRAYER!!!

P.S. I like your idea!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 13, 2020 13:34

Petition for this f%$@ new album!!!
We want new songs not the millionth live version of Start Me Up and Brown Sugar

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: March 13, 2020 16:16

Yes!!

Give us what we really want. A "Live" concert with the obscure song we have all longed to hear.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 13, 2020 16:38

You would still need a large crew to do something like this which kind of defeats the purpose of the thing. In the US pretty much all live entertainment programs have stopped. Colbert tried a show with no audience last night & it was pretty dismal.

Date: March 13, 2020 17:48

I mean a "live" concert IN THE STUDIO! No audience, or at least very minimal...Do you not all think it's a feasible idea?

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 13, 2020 17:52

Why PPV? Why not a gift to the fans and the world from the Stones?

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: March 13, 2020 17:53

guyrachel
I mean a "live" concert IN THE STUDIO! No audience, or at least very minimal...Do you not all think it's a feasible idea?

No its been done with Stripped

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: March 13, 2020 17:54

Without an audience, I think it would be hard to get the energy level up to Stones levels for a live performance. However, I think something like the stripped sessions, or blue and lonesome tracks, could work, from a soundstage / studio.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 13, 2020 17:55

guyrachel

Do you not all think it's a feasible idea?

Yeah - they could play the reissued GHS-Album (+Bonus) live, like SF in 2015 .... smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2020 18:58

A 7-songs set (lncl. 3 "rarities" like WAYou) thrown on Youtube as a "sorry we have to postpone the tour" message...
That would be swell.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 13, 2020 19:17

Nooooo! If I wanted to watch them on my TV I would throw on a DVD. I want to feel them again. I want to go stand in a crowd of like-minded loons, feel their energy, feel the concussion of the speakers, feel the blast of those first chords when Keith or Ronnie come striding onto the catwalk, feel the ‘woo woos’ during Brown Sugar and Rambler...all that stuff you can only experience live, from that perfect spot in the Pit. They have definitely spoiled me in the past few years, so I’ll try to keep that in mind with gratitude instead of whining like I want to. So lads, enjoy the summer with your families, rest up, maybe finish that damn album so the endless thread can be replaced with one just as long about whether it’s brilliant or dreadful, and come back when the coast is clear. We’ll be waiting.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 13, 2020 20:22

It seems a long time ago now but Elvis did a live TV broadcast from Hawaii. A billion plus audience. Big success for all concerned.

The Stones could do it; a small club venue in London.
Won't happen of course.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 13, 2020 20:31

Is there any point in playing warhorses when there is no audience?

Or do they reckon people will be dancing on their settees?

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 13, 2020 21:07

PPV would be OK with me but only if the money goes to support the medical infrastructure in countries that need real help in fighting the virus.

In fact, one could even think of a Corona Virtual Live Aid PPV thing. (Sounds like a job for Bob Geldoff.) Nowadays many groups/artists are possibly used to performing for cameras rather than a live audience anyway.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 13, 2020 21:24

They owe us nothing, must admit a PPV would be really fun though.

Date: March 13, 2020 21:29

doitywoik
PPV would be OK with me but only if the money goes to support the medical infrastructure in countries that need real help in fighting the virus.

In fact, one could even think of a Corona Virtual Live Aid PPV thing. (Sounds like a job for Bob Geldoff.) Nowadays many groups/artists are possibly used to performing for cameras rather than a live audience anyway.

Isn't Geldof busy promoting the new Boomtown Rats-album? smiling smiley

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 13, 2020 22:17

Gazza
Is there any point in playing warhorses when there is no audience?

Or do they reckon people will be dancing on their settees?

Also, it would make a loss. I’m sure they love playing together and all, but I’m having a hard time imagining the pitch to Mick of “would you like to spend several million $s on this...”

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 13, 2020 22:39

I'll sign your petition. Nice opportunity to mix up the setlist, maybe do one set of rarities and another with warhorses. Doesn't even have to be live so they can do overdubs. There's a variety of opportunities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-13 22:40 by frankotero.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: March 13, 2020 23:49

I'll sign. They just opened the perfect venue for it! Not sure if this has been shared elsewhere: [www.bloomberg.com]

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 14, 2020 00:12

I'll sign!

Date: March 16, 2020 11:24

[twitter.com]

This is what I mean, I would like to see the Rolling Stones in a studio for two hours probably a slightly bigger room, just playing through a whole load of classics with a few guests et cetera et cetera and it will be paper view, and they might do some requests, and ideally all the money would go to kroner virus research! A bit like the Nicaraguan concert only it’s all in the studio…

Date: March 16, 2020 11:25

Obviously I meant pay per view, not paper view

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 16, 2020 12:18

Yeah! Ronnie get's it right!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 13:00

... and an allowance for time zone differences would mean the show could be on at what time???

Rod

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 16, 2020 14:06

Are my pit tix valid for that one?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 16, 2020 14:16

they should do a rehearsal even....informal..play the blues...it would be amazing....no one better in a small setting....

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:05

The sight of the elderly Rolling Stones close up in 4K HD would scare away most people. They could use special effects and make them appear decades younger like Scorceese did with DeNiro and Pacino in "The Irishman"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 17:06 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:33

How would they do this when they're in different countries, given the travel restrictions?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:53

You know, people need to chauffeur them around, service their private jets, fly their private jets, provide their food and laundry services, run the cameras, lighting and makeup, etc.

Some of you people are way too glib about the seriousness of this situation. HUNDREDS of people would need to be involved for the Stones to get together...you act like it's a simple of matter of the six of them showing up in a garage and setting up an iPhone to stream the footage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 23:53 by keefriff99.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home