Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Max von Sydow
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 10, 2020 11:39

What a marvellous actor he was. Check mate Mr von Sydow, Live Forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 15:38 by MadMax.

Re: RIP Max von Sydow
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 10, 2020 11:40

RIP

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 10, 2020 11:46

MadMax
Check mate Mr Sydow

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up for the subtle reference to "The Seventh Seal"!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 10, 2020 12:08

R.I.P. One of the great's !

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 10, 2020 12:16

"The power of Christ compels you!"

I always thought he brought a certain authority and authenticity to that scene, considering that he did, in fact, play Jesus Christ in The Greatest Story Ever Told. Also played a Bond villain, the head of SPECTRE in Never Say Never Again.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 10, 2020 12:18

RIP Brewmeister Smith

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 13:29

tatters

I always thought he brought a certain authority and authenticity to that scene, considering that he did, in fact, play Jesus Christ in The Greatest Story Ever Told. Also played a Bond villain, the head of SPECTRE in Never Say Never Again.
And to think he was only 42-43 when he filmed The Exorcist...the age makeup is some of the best ever seen and still holds up to this day.

I think most people unfamiliar with von Sydow really thought he was an elderly man after seeing the film.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:29

He played Christ far better than Jeffrey Hunter in King of Kings. He seemed more mercurial and unpredictable as Christ.

He also played the Devil, and was the best thing in Needful Things, which remains an awful Stephen King novel, but an average film.

However, I cannot help but laugh in that the sotto voce Brian Blessed is "Alive", and still trading off of 'Gordon's Alive", yet Max transcended Flash Gordon. As a matter of fact, he loved playing Ming.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: March 10, 2020 15:41

DCBA wrote: "thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up for the subtle reference to "The Seventh Seal"!

Cheers mate! My mum and dad actually named me after him (as my name is Max in real life as well).

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: March 10, 2020 17:52

keefriff99
tatters

And to think he was only 42-43 when he filmed The Exorcist...the age makeup is some of the best ever seen and still holds up to this day.

I think most people unfamiliar with von Sydow really thought he was an elderly man after seeing the film.

I thought for years that he was already an old actor in The Exorcist, till I saw him in movies like Minority Report thirty years later and I thought: Wait a minute.. how can this be? and to find out that he was in his fourties when he played in The Exorcist. A marvelous actor with a great appearance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-10 17:53 by GJV.

Date: March 10, 2020 18:07

GJV
keefriff99
tatters

I thought for years that he was already an old actor in The Exorcist, till I saw him in movies like Minority Report thirty years later and I thought: Wait a minute.. how can this be? and to find out that he was in his fourties when he played in The Exorcist. A marvelous actor with a great appearance.
Yes, he also moved like an old man which made it much more believable, especially in the opening scenes in Iraq.

Those scenes were filmed in natural light too...if there was ever a chance the makeup effect would falter, it would be under bright sunlight, and yet it held up remarkably well.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: March 11, 2020 17:02

Loved him as Joubert, the assassin in 3 Days of the Condor. He was one of the greats, often under appreciated. RIP Mr. von Sydow

Date: March 11, 2020 17:36

DaveG
Loved him as Joubert, the assassin in 3 Days of the Condor. He was one of the greats, often under appreciated. RIP Mr. von Sydow
That's a great goddamn movie. The final exchange between Robert Redford and Cliff Robertson is chilling, and even more relevant today.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:07

keefriff99
DaveG
That's a great goddamn movie. The final exchange between Robert Redford and Cliff Robertson is chilling, and even more relevant today.

Couldn’t agree more with both posts!

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2020 12:13

DaveG
Loved him as Joubert, the assassin in 3 Days of the Condor.

Yeah he was quite scary mowing down poeple with his Uzi + suppressor...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1952
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home