Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T The Dixie Chicks Return
Posted by: bob r ()
Date: March 7, 2020 22:17

Looks like the Dixie Chicks are back--- new song released yesterday and a new CD out next month. Any love for them hear on the board ? I have always enjoyed their music-- I think they are really talented-- and I dig their style too ! Like or dislike their politics, They dont take no bulls--t !

Re: O/T The Dixie Chicks Return
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 7, 2020 22:35

I didn't really dig their new song, but they're super-talented and I'm glad they're back. What they had to endure was absurd and despicable.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 7, 2020 22:47

...these Chicks gave us 5 great studio albums...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 7, 2020 23:09

Like some of their songs, but no big fan. I doubt this new release - which is not a great song, IMHO - will get much play on what passes for country music radio these days.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 7, 2020 23:20

dmay
Like some of their songs, but no big fan. I doubt this new release - which is not a great song, IMHO - will get much play on what passes for country music radio these days.

This song will hardly get any play on country radio but they still have a large and loyal fan base so they can do well on the concert circuit...although I doubt they could fill an arena these days unless paired with another popular act.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-08 00:38 by TornAndFried.

OT: Dixie Chicks
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 7, 2020 23:30

bob r
Looks like the Dixie Chicks are back--- new song released yesterday and a new CD out next month.

New song's "Gaslighter", title track from the album out 5/1 - [www.youtube.com]

[twitter.com]

Date: March 7, 2020 23:31

dmay
Country radio is still very conservative (both format-wise and politically). I think the Dixie Chicks have been dead to country radio for over 15 years.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 8, 2020 00:38

Watched their documentary from several years ago. At the height of their backlash in the US they were still popular here in Canada. They could probably still do a big arena tour but maybe use 1/2 to 2/3 of the venues.

Date: March 8, 2020 01:00

Dixie Chicks played arenas and sheds in 2016. Good numbers at some venues, others not so much.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 8, 2020 12:06

Very talented ladies. I saw them before the controversy & they were great live. Had a killer band, too.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:18

Love the Chicks!!...Natalie you rock!!....keep fighting!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 8, 2020 16:32

They’re fantastic.
I really like the new single too.

Glad they’re back with new material

Date: March 8, 2020 18:33

"CBS Sunday Morning" interview - [www.youtube.com]

Date: March 8, 2020 19:52

This new single ('Gaslighter') is pretty weak and doesn't have any of the appeal of their older material IMO. I doubt it will be played much on either country or pop radio. And at what point did they replace Natalie Maines with P!nk? winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-08 20:36 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 8, 2020 20:23

TornAndFried
This new single ('Gaslighter') is pretty weak and doesn't have any of the appeal of their older material. I doubt it will be played much on either country or pop radio. And at what point did they replace Natalie Maines with P!nk? winking smiley

You sound a little angry

Date: March 8, 2020 20:36

steffialicia
TornAndFried
This new single ('Gaslighter') is pretty weak and doesn't have any of the appeal of their older material. I doubt it will be played much on either country or pop radio. And at what point did they replace Natalie Maines with P!nk? winking smiley

You sound a little angry

Haha. Angry at what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-08 20:41 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 8, 2020 22:04

Wow, Natalie does look a lot like Pink!

Date: March 8, 2020 22:41

DGA35
Wow, Natalie does look a lot like Pink!
Definitely, but she's still a cutie.

Date: March 9, 2020 08:53

steffialicia
TornAndFried
This new single ('Gaslighter') is pretty weak and doesn't have any of the appeal of their older material. I doubt it will be played much on either country or pop radio. And at what point did they replace Natalie Maines with P!nk as lead singer? winking smiley

You sound a little angry

They will be touring this summer and are possibly going to be part of Taylor Swift's "Lover Festival" in LA and Boston

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-09 08:57 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 9, 2020 11:30

love them. always make a point of seeing them when they come to London.
Was standing down the front at the Shepherds Bush Empire during 'that' show, when Natalie made her 'inflamatory' comments.
Most of the crowd, including myself just rolled our eyes & were there for the great music.Didn't think twice about it on the night but of course, the story gained 'legs'.
Great band.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 9, 2020 12:40

Welcome back Ladies

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 9, 2020 12:52

I loved their last single Not Ready To Make Nice. Was never a big Dixie Chicks fan (knew who they were obviously but just never really listened to their music) but that one made me perk up. Really didn't know they hadn't been around in so long since then and that that was their last album. Pretty nuts cause that was like 15 years ago. Also strange to remember now that I remember Harvey Weinstein was a big pusher of their film that came out around that time and was a big face in, rightfully, speaking out against the backlash they received for it. Everything that happened to them seems so trivial compared to nowadays.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 9, 2020 19:55

Rip This

Love the Chicks!!...Natalie you rock!!....keep fighting!

yes yes yes!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home