Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: OT: Genesis - 'The Last Domino?' Tour
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 27, 2022 14:15

Mabru

Phil Collins confirmed during tonight’s show that this was the last show ever for them.

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: March 27, 2022 15:05

"The last show for Genesis" .... until the next reunion tour. winking smiley

Date: March 27, 2022 16:15

Irix

It could happen if Peter Gabriel returns. The dreamers will dream, including myself.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 27, 2022 16:16

Irix

$$$$$$$$$$$. They have lifestyles to maintain. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 27, 2022 17:01

Mabru
With Peter Gabriël in the audience Phil Collins confirmed during tonight’s show that this was the last show ever for them.

Phil calls out Peter in the first 2 minutes:

[www.youtube.com]

makemeburnthecandle
Irix

It could happen if Peter Gabriel returns. The dreamers will dream, including myself.
I am as much a dreamer as anyone else with this band. Unfortunately, they missed their time to do that. Peter doesn't even tour on his own, there's just no way at this point he's going back. When they talked about it in 05 or so to do the Lamb, that was the moment. When they didn't, it clearly was never going to happen. I adore early Genesis and it was a dream for them to do that, but just so much time passed, and once Phil couldn't drum it really seemed like it was destined to never happened. Missed opportunity in my mind but I'm happy they are at least friends and have gotten together on occasions to talk about that time. Its not the same as a reunion, but its the silver lining I have to find and was nice to see all of them together in their documentary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-27 17:04 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 31, 2022 23:28

The Last Domino Has Fallen: Genesis Brings One Of The Greatest Careers In Rock To A Close

Gideon Gottfried
03/31/2022

Barry Brecheisen/EMC Presents

[news.pollstar.com]

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 11, 2022 18:50

For those sitting on the proverbial fence for Hackett's current tour- now thats a set list!

Latest Setlist
Steve Hackett on April 9, 2022
Selling England by the Pound + Seconds Out 2022
Scottish Rite Auditorium, Collingswood, New Jersey
Set 1 - Seconds Out
Squonk
Genesis cover
The Carpet Crawlers
Genesis cover
Robbery, Assault and Battery
Genesis cover
Afterglow
Genesis cover
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Genesis cover
The Musical Box
Genesis cover
Supper's Ready
Genesis cover
Set 2 - Selling England by the Pound
Dancing With the Moonlit Knight
Genesis cover
I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
Genesis cover
Firth of Fifth
Genesis cover
More Fool Me
Genesis cover
The Battle of Epping Forest
Genesis cover
After the Ordeal
Genesis cover
The Cinema Show
Genesis cover
Aisle of Plenty
Genesis cover
Encore
Dance on a Volcano
Genesis cover
Drum Solo
Los Endos / Slogans / Los Endos
Genesis cover

Date: April 11, 2022 19:13

That is a great set list! Seeing him next week in FL. Especially looking forward to Suppers Ready.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 12, 2022 20:22

Looks fantastic but as much as I love Steve I would remind me of when I just saw Robby Krieger on his own which was pretty underwhelming. Steve's guitar parts are classic, but like the Doors without seeing the whole BAND its kinda missing something for me even if they're playing a perfect setlist. I'm sure its very good, and I'd prefer that show to the Genesis tour that just occurred, but Steve was one part of that group and I'm just not the kind of guy that wants to watch a pretend Peter Gabriel up there for admittedly a majority of the time.

Its easier for guitarists who also wrote a majority of songs they play and led their respective bands/sing to do it without the other guys.

Date: July 1, 2022 23:55

2021 UK-Documentary: "Genesis: The Last Domino?" - French/German TV-Broadcaster [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] .

Concert: "Genesis, When in Rome 2007" - [www.arte.tv] , [www.arte.tv] .

Re: OT: Genesis
Date: November 8, 2022 17:50

Slightly off-topic:

Peter Gabriel announced on 8-Nov-2022 his 2023 i/o Tour for Europe & North America and confirmed also a new album with the name i/o - [PeterGabriel.com] , [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 9, 2022 02:16

Irix
Slightly off-topic:

Peter Gabriel announced on 8-Nov-2022 his 2023 i/o Tour for Europe & North America and confirmed also a new album with the name i/o - [PeterGabriel.com] , [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Thank you Irix!

Date: January 7, 2023 22:25

New song by Peter Gabriel - ‘Panopticom’ is the first track from i/o :

[www.YouTube.com] , [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: January 8, 2023 20:32

My second favorite band. Seconds Out remains near the top of "other" albums, with Selling England, Live, Trick of the Tail, Lamb.

I'd love to see Peter Gabriel.
Daryl Stuermer came to our neck of the woods and was outstanding. He had a singer who looked and sounded just like Phil.

Stuermer started with Sqwonk and I know it was good because my better half loved it.

Date: January 12, 2023 19:15

Genesis - BBC Broadcasts: a box of BBC radio broadcasts from Genesis (curated by Tony Banks) will be issued as 5CD or 3LP package featuring mostly previously unreleased recordings for the BBC between 1970-1998.

03-Mar-2023 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 13, 2023 02:34

I'm not real familiar with these BBC broadcasts, are they all live or in the studio? Or a mix of both?

Date: January 13, 2023 11:30

kovach

I'm not real familiar with these BBC broadcasts, are they all live or in the studio?

From [Shop.Genesis-Music.com] : "With only a handful of these tracks previously officially available, Genesis ‘BBC Broadcasts’ acts as both a collector’s cornucopia and an alternative 'greatest hits'. Stretching from the very beginnings of the band’s career via appearances on ‘Night Ride’ and John Peel, the set encompasses both of the group’s Knebworth performances (78 and 92) as well as their much–loved 1980 show at London’s Lyceum, and triumphant sell–out run of shows at Wembley in 1987. Rounded out by material from the NEC in 1998 and Paris Theatre and Nightride sessions from the early 70s, as well as the much sought–after encore version of ‘Watcher Of The Skies’ at Wembley Empire Pool in 1975, Genesis ‘BBC Broadcasts’ is a veritable treasure trove." The CD track listing there contains also information about the source of each track.

Posted by: folon ()
Date: January 13, 2023 14:30

Irix
New song by Peter Gabriel - ‘Panopticom’ is the first track from i/o :

[www.YouTube.com] , [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Peter Gabriel is on Bandcamp too, subscription for 3 GBP per month:
[petergabriel.bandcamp.com]

You get 3 full live concerts from 2014 + 2 rare tracks (incl. the new one) if you subscribe....

Date: January 13, 2023 15:15

Irix
kovach

I'm not real familiar with these BBC broadcasts, are they all live or in the studio?

From [Shop.Genesis-Music.com] : "With only a handful of these tracks previously officially available, Genesis ‘BBC Broadcasts’ acts as both a collector’s cornucopia and an alternative 'greatest hits'. Stretching from the very beginnings of the band’s career via appearances on ‘Night Ride’ and John Peel, the set encompasses both of the group’s Knebworth performances (78 and 92) as well as their much–loved 1980 show at London’s Lyceum, and triumphant sell–out run of shows at Wembley in 1987. Rounded out by material from the NEC in 1998 and Paris Theatre and Nightride sessions from the early 70s, as well as the much sought–after encore version of ‘Watcher Of The Skies’ at Wembley Empire Pool in 1975, Genesis ‘BBC Broadcasts’ is a veritable treasure trove." The CD track listing there contains also information about the source of each track.

Looks nice for the completist, though I have the live box set plus "Live Over Europe" that they put out about a dozen years ago which I think has a better collection of songs (though this new set is far cheaper!):

Genesis Live 1973 - 2007

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-15 04:41 by kovach.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 14, 2023 20:45

Irix
Genesis - BBC Broadcasts: a box of BBC radio broadcasts from Genesis (curated by Tony Banks) will be issued as 5CD or 3LP package featuring mostly previously unreleased recordings for the BBC between 1970-1998.

03-Mar-2023 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

For me it’s strange that what they release the shows incomplete. Why not release the full shows? And why 2 songs with Ray Wilson from 1998? For me this box is a missed opportunity.

Re: OT: Genesis stuff
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: January 15, 2023 20:03

Missing BBC tracks here

[onlyrockandroll.london]

Date: October 18, 2023 16:20

Peter Gabriel’s i/o album is finally announced:

Release date: 01-Dec-2023 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: November 25, 2023 14:30

The German HiFi-Magazine 'AUDIO' 12-2023 (p.84) gave in their review for Peter Gabriel’s i/o album 4.5 stars (out of 5) for the music and 5 stars (out of 5) for the sound quality, plus the recommendation: 'Sound tip'.

Edit: The i/o's dynamic range in HiRes 96kHz/24bit is just DR6 (tracks: DR5-9) according to [www.ProStudioMasters.com] . So this '5 out of 5' for the sound quality is questionable.

Mastering was by Matt Colton, according to [www.HDtracks.com] , [www.Facebook.com] and [www.Instagram.com] . He also did the loud DR6 mastering for 'Hackney Diamonds'.

The German HiFi-Magazine 'Stereo' 01-2024 (p.133) wrote:

"For a year, Peter Gabriel released a new song online every full moon. Now the complete album is being released - the Brit's first new music in 21 years. In the meantime, however, Gabriel has been anything but idle, travelling with orchestras and taking on songs by artists he admires. He recently toured Europe and North America with the fresh material and band. The new album, which Gabriel recorded in his own studios with the core band of David Rhodes (guitar), Tony Levin (bass) and Manu Katche (drums) as well as numerous guests, is being released as a 'Bright-Side Mix' (Mike 'Spike' Stent) and as a somewhat edgier 'Dark-Side Mix' (Tchad Blake). Both are independent stereo mixes that take a completely different approach and set their own priorities. Both are included on the regular double CD and are released separately on double vinyl. A third mix is available in an additional box on Blu-ray. Musically, the very first notes of the opener 'Panopticom' feel like you've landed safely back in the PG universe: Poppy songs with depth and at the same time rough edges, if you listen carefully - that has been the characterising feature of Gabriel's solo work since the mid-1980s at the latest. In this respect, 'i/o' crowns his previous work, although Gabriel also audibly quotes himself here and there. You always have the feeling that you could fade straight into one of the well-known hits - Gabriel repeatedly makes clear reference to 'Up' (2002) in terms of sound and arrangement. In addition, of course, there are Gabriel's always melancholic and poetically-politically engaged lyrics and, of course, that unmistakable voice, which even makes you believe a platitude like 'Love Can Heal'."

'Stereo' gave 4 stars (out of 5) for the music and 4 stars (out of 5) for the sound quality - [Stereo.de] .

The German edition of the [RollingStone.de] magazine as well as the German [Musikexpress.de] each gave 3.5 out of 5 stars for the music. They have no rating for the sound quality.

The British MOJO and UNCUT magazines each gave 4 stars for the i/o album.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-12 17:10 by Irix.

Date: January 15, 2024 19:30

Steve Hackett - new solo concept album - 'The Circus and the Nightwhale' :

16-Feb-2024 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] .

Date: January 16, 2024 06:06

Irix
Steve Hackett - new solo concept album - 'The Circus and the Nightwhale' :

16-Feb-2024 - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [Music.Apple.com] .

Got tickets to see him in April!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home