Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
OT: Genesis stuff
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: March 4, 2020 03:43

'The Last Domino?' Tour

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

CONFIRMED:

[www.genesis-music.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-13 13:32 by bv.

Re: OT: Rumor, Genesis to announce reunion. Just the three. Not full original
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 4, 2020 04:58

Phil is in pretty rough shape physically, isn't he?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 4, 2020 05:22

From the footage I've seen from his recent tour, he's not in great shape - he has to sit in a chair due to a variety of neck and back issues over the years, which have resulted in nerve damage. His voice is still pretty good, but it's sad to see.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 4, 2020 06:42

Wasn't it enough for them to retire from touring in 2007 when they could still sing and play?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-04 13:17 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 4, 2020 07:54

Have never let 'em into The Bunker …

ROCKMAN

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 4, 2020 12:55

Another band that leaves me cold. Them and Floyd

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 4, 2020 13:09

exhpart
Another band that leaves me cold. Them and Floyd

Them was a great band until Van left! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 4, 2020 13:29

Confirmed UK Arena tour 10 dates Nov/Dec 2020 collins/banks/rutherford and nic collins on drums (son of Phil) no hackett or gaberiel so a money grab at best

Re: OT: Genesis Tour 2020
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 4, 2020 13:35

ukcal

Confirmed UK Arena tour 10 dates Nov/Dec 2020 collins/banks/rutherford and nic collins on drums (son of Phil) no hackett or gaberiel so a money grab at best

2020-Tour: [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Genesis-Music.com] .

"The Last Domino? Tour 2020 starts in Dublin on 16 November and will be Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford’s first live outing together since the globe-trotting, sell-out Turn It On Again: The Tour in 2007. They will be joined on stage by Nic Collins on drums, and the band's long-time guitar and bass player Daryl Stuermer." -- [www.Ticketmaster.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-04 13:50 by Irix.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 4, 2020 13:46

Thanks forgot to add the link!

Nov 16 Mon Dublin, 3Arena

Nov 19 Thu SSE Arena, Belfast

Nov 23 M&S Bank Arena Liverpool

Nov 26 Thu Newcastle upon Tyne, Utilita Arena

Nov 29 Sun & Nov 30 Mon London, The O2

Dec 02 Wed Leeds, first direct arena

Dec 05 Sat Arena Birmingham

Dec 08 Tue Manchester Arena

Dec 11 Fri Glasgow, The SSE Hydro

On sale Fri 6th Mar 9am

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 4, 2020 13:47

They'll load the set with the later pop hits played in lower keys, with Phil singing from a chair and his son on drums. Seems a bit sad.

I'd rather see Steve Hackett's Genesis prog show. He plays spot-on versions of older Genesis songs on which he was featured prominently.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-04 19:30 by ab.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 4, 2020 17:06

Would kill to see an original Genesis reunion. I get it that this one had more success, and probably more staying power than the other stuff from the 70s, but to me the ONLY Genesis is those 5 guys in the Peter Gabriel lineup. Its like how DLR Van Halen is the only Van Halen to me. It was disappointing in 2007 when it was just those 3, as they tried to do all 5 and just couldn't get Peter on board. Peter is very much the Rod Stewart of Genesis, with less teasing. Sad to see its the same situation again. Does seem incredibly strange they'd do this now. I know Phil just toured but he's literally in a chair the whole show, even if his voice sounds great. I'l love an original Genesis tour with Phil in a chair and his son on drums. This, to me, feels very forced.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 4, 2020 17:14

What a load of bunk.

Date: March 4, 2020 19:49

It's going to be very awkward when they do the song I Can't Dance with Phil sitting in a chair...and I'm really not even making a tasteless joke. It'll be a little weird, but I'm sure Phil will have a sense of humor about it.

Date: March 4, 2020 20:05

keefriff99
It's going to be very awkward when they do the song I Can't Dance with Phil sitting in a chair...and I'm really not even making a tasteless joke. It'll be a little weird, but I'm sure Phil will have a sense of humor about it.

Thankfully they were never the most hip, agile band anyway. They usually just stood there to begin with. So while you're totally right, I'd imagine he'll make a short joke about it before going into the song. its not like they ever really did the dance live anyway. I get what you're saying though.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 4, 2020 20:17

Yada yada yada...who gives a crap.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 4, 2020 20:22

After living through the 80's, I hope I never hear Phil Collins' voice again.

Mike's either.

Date: March 4, 2020 20:30

ukcal

more than likely peter doesn't want to do it but how is this a money grab when this was pretty much the lineup of the band starting in the late 1970's?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: March 4, 2020 20:39

RollingFreak
Would kill to see an original Genesis reunion. I get it that this one had more success, and probably more staying power than the other stuff from the 70s, but to me the ONLY Genesis is those 5 guys in the Peter Gabriel lineup. Its like how DLR Van Halen is the only Van Halen to me. It was disappointing in 2007 when it was just those 3, as they tried to do all 5 and just couldn't get Peter on board. Peter is very much the Rod Stewart of Genesis, with less teasing. Sad to see its the same situation again. Does seem incredibly strange they'd do this now. I know Phil just toured but he's literally in a chair the whole show, even if his voice sounds great. I'l love an original Genesis tour with Phil in a chair and his son on drums. This, to me, feels very forced.

I am in the same boat as I am a big fam of Gabriel Genesis but I am not a fan of the Collins version of the band post 1980. Did like the albums the Collins led band made before the Duke album but after that to much POP for me.

I would love to see them to do a set with Gabriel and another with Collins to satisfy all the fans but Peter has made it pretty clear he has no interest in reliving the past.

Date: March 4, 2020 20:49

Can anyone explain why Phil Collins has been a punching bag for the last 20-30 years?

I mean, I'm not a huge fan of his, but it seems like a lot of people HATE his music with a passion.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 4, 2020 21:07

Totally embarrassing...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 4, 2020 21:09

keefriff99
Can anyone explain why Phil Collins has been a punching bag for the last 20-30 years?

I mean, I'm not a huge fan of his, but it seems like a lot of people HATE his music with a passion.

I wasn't alive at the time, but just to guess from everything I've read and followed, its that he just had MASSIVE singles in the 80s that people kinda just got sick of him. Coupled with the fact that Genesis drastically changed their sound, and I guess since he was the frontman he could kinda be seen as leading that charge (even though it was very much a band decision), I can understand why at a certain point people were like "ENOUGH Phil Collins."

If I'm wrong, I'd also love to hear the real reason. Cause there are some people that really do @#$%& hate him and I have no idea why. Back in the old days of Genesis, he was a GREAT drummer. Definitely underrated. Nothing mindblowing, but incredible solid and did some really inventive things with the weird music they were playing. He was as much a part of that band as anyone else. And then his great harmonies, and subsequent lead voice were excellent. Its insane how they lose Peter and just have Phil sing who sounds basically exactly like Peter. He saved that band, and props to him cause he really didn't want to be thrust in the spotlight and took it well. Also from everything I've seen, the guy has a great sense of humor, is really down to earth, and just incredibly talented, from his Broadway stuff like Tarzan to his very successful solo albums which aren't my thing but did him well. I know people got annoyed when he played drums at the Led Zeppelin reunion at Live Aid but again, not really his fault. He's filling in and did the best he could. Traveled across the ocean to do it on the same day.

I have no idea why people hate him. He seems like, of the people in Genesis, by far the one that would be coolest to hang with and be friends with. Seems just like an honest to god good guy, with a boatload of talent that he's incredibly humble about.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 4, 2020 21:13

mtaylor
Totally embarrassing...

[www.youtube.com]

Disabled people aren't embarrassing, they're just disabled. He can still sing.

Date: March 4, 2020 21:21

Send It To me
mtaylor
Totally embarrassing...

[www.youtube.com]

Disabled people aren't embarrassing, they're just disabled. He can still sing.
Exactly. Jeez, mtaylor, that's a pretty cruel assessment. He sounds fine.

It's got to be difficult to sing sitting down as well, given that he can't fully expand his diaphragm the way he was used to.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 4, 2020 21:22

RollingFreak
keefriff99

I wasn't alive at the time, but just to guess from everything I've read and followed, its that he just had MASSIVE singles in the 80s that people kinda just got sick of him. Coupled with the fact that Genesis drastically changed their sound, and I guess since he was the frontman he could kinda be seen as leading that charge (even though it was very much a band decision), I can understand why at a certain point people were like "ENOUGH Phil Collins."

If I'm wrong, I'd also love to hear the real reason. Cause there are some people that really do @#$%& hate him and I have no idea why. Back in the old days of Genesis, he was a GREAT drummer. Definitely underrated. Nothing mindblowing, but incredible solid and did some really inventive things with the weird music they were playing. He was as much a part of that band as anyone else. And then his great harmonies, and subsequent lead voice were excellent. Its insane how they lose Peter and just have Phil sing who sounds basically exactly like Peter. He saved that band, and props to him cause he really didn't want to be thrust in the spotlight and took it well. Also from everything I've seen, the guy has a great sense of humor, is really down to earth, and just incredibly talented, from his Broadway stuff like Tarzan to his very successful solo albums which aren't my thing but did him well. I know people got annoyed when he played drums at the Led Zeppelin reunion at Live Aid but again, not really his fault. He's filling in and did the best he could. Traveled across the ocean to do it on the same day.

I have no idea why people hate him. He seems like, of the people in Genesis, by far the one that would be coolest to hang with and be friends with. Seems just like an honest to god good guy, with a boatload of talent that he's incredibly humble about.

This. Just near constant airplay in the US anyway. Nice enough guy, I guess. Nothing special as a talent.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: March 4, 2020 21:24

RollingFreak
keefriff99

Yeah, it seems like most of the animosity stems from massive radio overexposure in the '80s and '90s.

I always thought there was more to it because the vitriol was always so pointed towards. He's hardly the only pop star to suffer from overexposure.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 4, 2020 22:49

mtaylor
Totally embarrassing...

[www.youtube.com]

So is your comment.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 4, 2020 23:04

bobo
mtaylor
Totally embarrassing...

[www.youtube.com]

So is your comment.

He should have quit while he was ahead. I wonder if Chester Thompson will be joining Phil Collins' son on drums?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-05 01:30 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 5, 2020 00:09

Mike Rutherford was warming up last night then - he put in an appearance at Music for the Marsden.

Link below to interview with Phil Collins today at about 41:45 minutes in:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-05 00:10 by Beast.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 5, 2020 00:11

the return of bongohead. yuk.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home