Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Someone's brush with the Stones
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 28, 2020 18:32

Quick read about a meet and greet time with the stars/Stones. This kind of thing still occur?

[www.nodepression.com]

Re: Someone's brush with the Stones
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 28, 2020 20:01

dmay
Quick read about a meet and greet time with the stars/Stones. This kind of thing still occur?

[www.nodepression.com]

Yeah it occurs at almost every show I've been at but it's a lot more "corporate" these days and most of the people who get to 'Meet and Greet' the band have paid for the privilege. The Stones don't do them very often anymore but when they do it's very expensive and goes by fast...in, take a quick photo, and out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-01 06:59 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 28, 2020 20:03

I thought this was about memorabilia -- someone who had a Stones hairbrush from the 60's

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 29, 2020 10:22

Andrew bought them all hair brushes ...but they threw them away .

Date: February 29, 2020 15:37

Rokyfan
I thought this was about memorabilia -- someone who had a Stones hairbrush from the 60's

Me too. "oh so that's where my brush went.."

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 1, 2020 06:05

I think I would be embarrassed to meet them after spending all that loot to get it done. Nothing like trying to buy friends...wait, that's what Bloomberg is doing pretty well.

jb

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 2, 2020 22:26

In (I think) Rolling Stone Magazine, Keith was being interviewed backstage when Sprint (the phone company) was the Stones' tour sponsor. A handler interrupted the interview to tell Keith, "Time for your meet-and-greet with the people from Sprint." Keith said sourly, "Sprint in and out." Might start to feel like you're in a vitrine.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: March 3, 2020 15:36

I went to a Stones M&G in the 90's. We were all herded like sheep to a hallway. Told to stand against the wall. No autographs. One group photo. Waited. Then out of nowhere Mick comes walking down the hall and when he gets to us does this little strut and jump and twist, rest of band shows up, they put us all in a group for the photo and boom they are gone. Pros. They did not respond to one word people were saying to them. They knew if they interacted they would not get out. I was the only one who got a word and handshake when I mentioned to Keith how much I loved the Winos shows.It was literally like 60 seconds. Amazing. Like you met them but didn't meet them. Hope you guess a my name...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home