Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: IORR 40 years anniversary in 2020
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 1, 2020 09:50

Irix
Gazza

Keith was still known as 'Richard' back in 1971. It was his professional name throughout his career until about 1978 (around the time of the Toronto trial as I recall) when he reverted to 'Richards'

The rumor for the missing 's' was that Keith wanted to break loose himself from his father, but afaik the actual reason was that Keith wanted to use the popularity of Cliff Richard.

Then there's Little Richard.

plexi

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 1, 2020 11:50

Congratulations Bjornulf, and thank you for all those years. I know IORR but I like it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: March 1, 2020 12:21

Congratulations on the milestone, and thanks for the continuous effort which goes into maintaining this fantastic website. It is great having such an awesome community of fans connected to chat about the shared excitement of the next CD or tour announcement, and the meet ups for those attending the shows.

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: March 1, 2020 12:46

Many thanks BV for all the time and effort that you have put in to IORR.
You must have a close affinity with the Stones sources because the vast majority of forth coming tour information has always been spot on.
I did not realise that the site is 40 years old so many happy returns as our favourite band has now been in existance for 58 years.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: March 1, 2020 14:45

thanx for all that you do Bjornulf,iorr makes me HAPPY!.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 1, 2020 17:05

timbernardis

Then there's Little Richard.

Yes, but it was Andrew L. Oldham who believed that 'Keith Richard' would "look more pop" and "Cliff Richard does all right with that name, doesn’t he?" - [www.ajournalofmusicalthings.com] .

Cliff Richard had more than 130 Singles, Albums and EPs in the UK Top-20 (more than any other artist) and also 67 UK Top-10 Singles (second highest total for an artist behind Elvis) - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 1, 2020 17:11

stones40
Many thanks BV for all the time and effort that you have put in to IORR.
You must have a close affinity with the Stones sources because the vast majority of forth coming tour information has always been spot on.
I did not realise that the site is 40 years old so many happy returns as our favourite band has now been in existance for 58 years.

It's the fanclub in general terms which has an anniversary. The site may look 40 years old, but that would be technically impossible. There's however a 25th coming up I believe

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: March 1, 2020 18:41

Amazing and congrats. Iorr.org is probably my most visited site on the internet throughout the years (even without counting the now 2020 album thread ;-)

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: March 1, 2020 19:39

Congrats, Bjornulf and many thanks for all your work since the last 40 years!
smileys with beer

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: March 1, 2020 19:45

bv
iraq0708
BV---I still have the stickers you sent out with the magazine when UNDERCOVER LP was released....do you remember them!? smiling bouncing smiley

Sure I do remember the Undercover stickers! I printed a few thousand, and I do still have a bunch left down in my piles of Stones stuff.

I gave a bunch of them to my kids, they were 2-7 years old back then, and they just put those stickers everywhere. On the garage walls, on their work desks, on our doors and so on. Everywhere. This is still a memory of those days, see picture below...

I also remember these stickers, but I forgot, that Bjornulf send them so many years ago. Congratulations Bjornulf for 40 years of joy.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 2, 2020 00:49

Congrats on #40 Bjornulf....and Thank You for each & every one...

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: March 2, 2020 15:37

I feel very PROUD of beeing part of this Family!

Thank You Very Much BV!

Greetings from Portugal.

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: March 2, 2020 18:00

I just want to add my thanks and congratulations.

This site and its community who share my passion for the greatest rock and roll band in the world have added to my joy as I continue to go to shows.

I was thrilled to see one of my reviews in an early edition of the magazine decades ago.

One final note... In my other life, I mentor small businesses on how they can evolve to take full advantage of social media etc. I tell then not to abandon their brand by changing too much too fast. Bjornulf, I think you've done a wonderful job maintaining the website that we love in its classic look. Same for this forum. Nice job.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 2, 2020 19:07

We had some interesting personalities and characters here over the years. We've all learned a little bit about the many towns and cities throughout the world. For the most part BV has kept the site simple, no ads, and a very good format. Well done BV!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 2, 2020 21:53

Irix
Gazza

Keith was still known as 'Richard' back in 1971. It was his professional name throughout his career until about 1978 (around the time of the Toronto trial as I recall) when he reverted to 'Richards'

The rumor for the missing 's' was that Keith wanted to break loose himself from his father, but afaik the actual reason was that Keith wanted to use the popularity of Cliff Richard.

Never heard the rumour about his dad before, but yeah apparently it was linked to Cliff. More so Andrew Oldham's doing, I think. Its a bit bizarre considering there could hardly be two British pop stars whose respective public images were so diverse.

Date: March 2, 2020 22:40

Gazza

Never heard the rumour about his dad before, but yeah apparently it was linked to Cliff.

I've read that rumor already more than 30 years ago in a book about the Stones (described there as: 'because of differences with his father') and it surfaced also here on [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 3, 2020 17:04

Here's to the next 40!

all the very best.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 3, 2020 17:19

smileys with beerthumbs upsmiling bouncing smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 3, 2020 21:13

Congradulations. Thanks for providing an outlet for die hard fans, and fun place to visit & talk music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-03 21:15 by ryanpow.

Date: March 5, 2020 08:01

ryanpow
Congradulations. Thanks for providing an outlet for die hard fans, and fun place to visit & talk music.

and also a fun place to discuss and revere the PLEXIGLASS.

plexi

Date: March 5, 2020 18:13

Wow, 40 years. That beat's the internet by a long shot.

Nice assembly of RS stuff.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 5, 2020 22:55

timbernardis
ryanpow

plexi

Yes, but you have to be careful to not get overcome by Plexi-fever. I succumbed to it's spell and for a while became a bit overzealous.

Date: March 6, 2020 11:42

ryanpow
timbernardis
ryanpow

plexi

Yes, but you have to be careful to not get overcome by Plexi-fever. I succumbed to it's spell and for a while became a bit overzealous.

Yes, I remember. However, when it comes to the Plexiglass, there is no such thing as overzealousness!

plexi

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 6, 2020 18:00

BV thank you for all that you have done and continue to do. I think I joined the first time around in 1998, wow time flies when you get old!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2020 19:05

Bjornulf

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: November 1, 2020 11:06

40 years IORR this month!!

Congratulations Bjornulf, great great job...

Thanks a lot!
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 1, 2020 11:45

ErwinH

40 years IORR this month!!

Congratulations Bjornulf, great great job...

Thanks a lot!

From me too .... smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 1, 2020 11:49

Hey yeah Congratulations
Bjornulf .... love the place

Lets take it up to 50 .....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 1, 2020 11:56

Congratulations! Keep up the good work thumbs up

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 1, 2020 12:01

Gazza
Irix
Gazza

Never heard the rumour about his dad before, but yeah apparently it was linked to Cliff. More so Andrew Oldham's doing, I think. Its a bit bizarre considering there could hardly be two British pop stars whose respective public images were so diverse.

I always thought it had to do with superstition. Richards means 13 letters in the name, Richard 12...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home