Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: IORR 40 years anniversary in 2020
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2020 21:52

bv
stickyfingers101
dope.

Is it really "Ronnie Wood and FIENDS" or is that a misprint of "friends?"

you should sign some 1st issue 1st editions and have a contest to win them....count me in!

congrats, man...really great stuff and amazing you've kept it going for so long (and without selling out to lame-o pop-ups and advertising BS)...much appreciated.

It is my real ticket so sure it is a misprint, just like the 1971 press photo named Keith Richard without the s...

Not a misprint. The show was billed as 'Ronnie Wood and Fiends'. A bit of ironic humour on Woody's part.

That was a fun night. That moment when Mick bounced onstage unannounced during 'Dance' still makes the hair on my neck stand up every time I hear the recording of it!

Keith was still known as 'Richard' back in 1971. It was his professional name throughout his career until about 1978 (around the time of the Toronto trial as I recall) when he reverted to 'Richards'

Congrats on 40 years. Got my first IORR magazine in 1982-83, I think. It was a Godsend in those pre-internet days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-28 21:55 by Gazza.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 28, 2020 22:01

Gazza
Not a misprint. The show was billed as 'Ronnie Wood and Fiends'. A bit of ironic humour on Woody's part.

That was a fun night. That moment when Mick bounced onstage unannounced during 'Dance' still makes the hair on my neck stand up every time I hear the recording of it!

Hey, Gazza, that was a surprise...
"Get ready to dance with a good teacher..."

It was great meeting you! Together with Lorenz from Austria
we had a great time.

I discovered IORR when it still was arena.no/stones. That was in
1998. Before that I had Dieter Hoffmann´s Basement News
as my printed holy bible. Times have changed.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 28, 2020 22:18

thumbs up Established 1980 :..félicitations ,Bjornulf ,et un grand MERCI depuis la France pour tes riches informations sur papier ou sur le web le long de ces 40 ans....thumbs up

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 28, 2020 23:19

As I said in my recent Record Collector article "iorr.org - the best fan-run website in the world"

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 29, 2020 00:22

Congratulations BV/Bjornulf/Bjornulf Vik! I've been addicted for about 15 years now.

Say, here's a thought -- Why don't we have an IORR 40th Anniversary Celebration & Reunion bash/party somewhere along this year's tour??!!

Where - not sure. Maybe in Cleveland -- the home of the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, or in San Diego before the opening show of the tour. Or maybe in a couple of cities so as many of us as possible can make it.

I know you are not big on organizing parties, but this is special, THE FORTIETH!! If we wait til the 50th, some of us and the band may not be around any more!!

PLEXI

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-29 00:26 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 29, 2020 00:34

Might be a good time to do another run of these classic IORR t-shirts from back in 2007, maybe w/ "40 and Counting" added to it:

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 29, 2020 00:49

Congratulations BV for keeping this best Rolling Stones web site going for the past 40 years.
I am a fairly newcomer since I first came across IORR in the late 1990's, and first met you in person in NY , January 2003 when The Stones performed two gigs at MSG .

Great days and IORR is still the best Rolling Stones site on the planet. smileys with beer

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 29, 2020 03:20

Congratulations Bjornulf! My sincere thanks for your unwavering dedication
and commitment throughout these 40 years. We are the recipients of your hard
work and our lives wouldn’t be the same without it!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 29, 2020 03:26

congrats, BV!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 29, 2020 03:35

Congratulaions, BV! Thank you for your invaluable work and for sharing your memories with us on this thread. Keep'em coming! smileys with beer

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 29, 2020 04:32

Hairball
Might be a good time to do another run of these classic IORR t-shirts from back in 2007, maybe w/ "40 and Counting" added to it:

I actually liked, who was it, Schillid and one other's designs better than this one when there was a thread devoted to ideas for the new IORR t shirt. Maybe someone can dig that up. Nonetheless, I bought several I think including sweat shirts. Do I remember that correctly, were there sweatshirts too, or was that for the KEITH RICHARDS ATHLETIC CLUB shirts which were done by someone named Joe on Shidoobee?

I was one of the first ones to wear the t shirt to a show as I hit like 6 of the first 7 shows on that leg of the ABB tour in June 2007. I remember being up front before one of the shows and BV saw me wearing the t shirt and he wanted to take a pic and post it on IORR, which he did. I guess to show a member in one of the new t shirts.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 29, 2020 04:37

Not sure about all that plexi - all I know, it's a IORR-t-shirt (but I like it).
Bought a couple of the t-shirts myself back then - one to wear, and one for the 40 and Counting anniversary celebration. thumbs up

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 29, 2020 05:10

Regularof iorr since 1997 and learning all about the tours, new albums, etc, always first hand info, Thanks for everything BV!!!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 29, 2020 06:25

All the effort and work you put in is much appreciated. Thanks BV.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 29, 2020 13:30

Gazza

Keith was still known as 'Richard' back in 1971. It was his professional name throughout his career until about 1978 (around the time of the Toronto trial as I recall) when he reverted to 'Richards'

The rumor for the missing 's' was that Keith wanted to break loose himself from his father, but afaik the actual reason was that Keith wanted to use the popularity of Cliff Richard.

Edit: Keith & his father - 'break loose' is maybe not the exact term; in the literature the rumor was described as 'differences with his father' or 'estrangement from his father' - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-03 10:45 by Irix.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 29, 2020 17:36

Happy anniversary!

Also happens to be my 40th anniversary as a fan, starting with hearing She's So Cold on my alarm clock radio upon it's release (Emotional Rescue - the single - flew past me...just didn't get it at the time).

SSC electrified me and I went out and bought the 45. The thousands and thousands I've spent since I blame squarely on that sublime single.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 29, 2020 18:01

Great job BV

Posted by: rob ()
Date: February 29, 2020 18:50

Great work BV

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: February 29, 2020 19:03

Bravo Bjornulf!!

Posted by: rob ()
Date: February 29, 2020 19:24

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 29, 2020 19:45

Fantastic. Thank you for everything, BV.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: February 29, 2020 19:58

Congratulations! It has been a pleasure reading, replying, and just enjoying IORR over the years. It keeps my up to date on all events and issues on the RS.
Please keep up the good work and thank you.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 29, 2020 20:37

Happy anniversary... THANKS !!

Posted by: akissaway ()
Date: February 29, 2020 21:03

Bravo, Bjornulf, on an amazing 40 years! Thank you!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 29, 2020 21:08

Congrats Bjornulf!!! thumbs up

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: February 29, 2020 21:16

Congratulations,and thank you for 40 years of work of updating other Stones
fans! I still have all the 61 magasines from the start of the club, and I think also I have my membership card somewhere.
Thank you so much for all you have done for us trough the years, but "oupps",.... --------I have also been 40 years older!!

All the best from
Per Arne
IORR-member no. 92

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 1, 2020 01:03

Congrats Bjornulf ….
Glad ta fit in here ...
Greatest Stones site in da world …..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 1, 2020 03:48

Gazza
bv
stickyfingers101
dope.

Is it really "Ronnie Wood and FIENDS" or is that a misprint of "friends?"

you should sign some 1st issue 1st editions and have a contest to win them....count me in!

congrats, man...really great stuff and amazing you've kept it going for so long (and without selling out to lame-o pop-ups and advertising BS)...much appreciated.

It is my real ticket so sure it is a misprint, just like the 1971 press photo named Keith Richard without the s...

Congrats on 40 years. Got my first IORR magazine in 1982-83, I think. It was a Godsend in those pre-internet days.

That was a great recording indeed!

Posted by: Marmalade ()
Date: March 1, 2020 04:05

Congratulations, Bjornulf, and thank you!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 1, 2020 05:17

Thank you Bjornulf for all the work and passion...

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home