Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 344
Re: Stones’ silence and reputation
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2020 08:04

Not every celebrity publicizes their charitable donations. For all we know, they could be contributing to local food banks, or donating to funds to help out-of-work musicians, or paying for hospital equipment. I don't think we should assume they're not doing anything just because they haven't made a big fanfare about it.

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2020 11:43

dcba
crholmstrom
People, can we please turn down the politics out of respect for BV & what he is doing here by providing us a forum?

Plus 90% of the IORR crowd is not American, will not vote later this year so they really don't give a damn about "yellow suntan" or "sleepy Joe".

Believe it or not if you're in the US of A, for us, rest of the world, a Dem pres or a Rep pres don't make a big difference as they have the same (stupid and destructive) foreign policy.

Thank you! cool smiley

For the record, 60% of everyone on IORR are from USA. Biggest Stones market. Biggest number of visitors on IORR. Then the rest i.e. 40% are from the other 200 or so countries in the world.

Sorry I will just delete any political personal statements, as they are bound to start fights here, and they will always get ugly. Save your anger for the next election, then you may have your saying.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 27, 2020 12:49

I have a several coworkers that are loud mouth "yellow suntan " fans and I have told them that's not what it's about with all the finger pointing going on and such from Washington back to New York and vice a versa and you know what it's not about Democrats or Republicans it's about Americans period . We are all in this mess together and when God Forbid when one of us is stricken with COVID-19 do you really think it matters what our political affiliation is ? Nope , not one bit ! It just tears us apart and pushes us further away from each other than we should be . This will all get sorted out in the fall . In the mean time we should all be united and work together and follow the guidelines of CDC and the Doctors and never mind the rest of the nonsense because I am here at work which is truly a blessing as I have a job and continue to earn my living which is truly the best blessing from above and it keeps my mind distracted with the task at hand versus sitting home and freaking out about all the pain and suffering and loss of precious life all around us . Then after I get home I have supper and watch the local and national news and then it hits me in the face like a massive punch . Bottom line stay safe and follow the guidelines to protect our families and loved ones as best as we can !

Date: March 27, 2020 13:04

(CNN) Why is the death rate so low in Germany? How come the UK has comparatively fewer cases than elsewhere? And what's going on in Russia?

Sheila Bird, a renowned British biostatistician and professor at Cambridge University, says testing and reporting have been inconsistent even within individual countries, let alone internationally. Rules on who gets tested -- and where and when -- can evolve, and these changes and time lapses are not necessarily captured in the data published by different governments.

Bird is one of a number of high-profile scientists who have been calling on the UK government to run more coronavirus tests and provide more nuanced data. The UK government says the health system doesn't currently have the capacity to test everyone who has Covid-19 symptoms. Only patients sick enough to require hospital treatment get tested, according to the government. The country had more than 9,962 cases and 467 deaths as of Thursday, according to JHU.

Meanwhile in Germany, anyone who shows flu-like symptoms and has in the past 14 days come into contact with a confirmed case, or traveled to a high-risk region, gets tested, according to official guidelines published by the health ministry. According to JHU, more than 41,519 people there have tested positive as of Thursday, with just 239 deaths.

And in South Korea, there is free and easy access to testing for anyone whom a doctor deems needs it, and authorities have been tracing the contacts of infected patients. As of Wednesday, the country had 9,241 cases and 131 deaths, according to JHU.

Why comparing coronavirus outbreaks in different countries can be misleading -- and even dangerous (CNN)

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 27, 2020 13:13

Canadian hospitals to start enrolling patients in global COVID-19 drug trials

"Within the next week, more than a dozen Canadian hospitals will start enrolling patients as part of an unprecedented global collaboration to test four potential treatments for COVID-19, the disease caused by the pandemic coronavirus that currently has no vaccine or cure.

Dubbed SOLIDARITY, the multinational trial is being co-ordinated by the World Health Organization and aims to enrol thousands of patients from around the world. In the absence of a vaccine — something that is at least a year or more away — the goal is to quickly identify treatments that could mitigate the toll of COVID-19, which has already killed more than 20,000 people worldwide."
[www.thestar.com]

Date: March 27, 2020 13:19

Louisiana state in USA has got the fastest growth in confirmed Covid-19 cases in the world. Mardi Gras is said to be one of the main reasons for the rapid growth.

Fastest Growth in Confirmed Cases: All Areas (Louisiana Governmental site)

Coronavirus cases skyrocket in New Orleans, Mardi Gras likely to blame (New York Post)

Bjornulf

Request for consistency please BV
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: March 27, 2020 13:10

I notice that BV in the coronavirus thread does not want political posts and threatens to take them down.......but actually has left them up in that thread.

However, my post put up yesterday evening which was viewed 60 times in less than 15 minutes has been taken down without comment, warning or an explanation.

My post was a serious genuine concern for the Stones reputation and how they may be viewed in the future. It was Stones related, it was music related, it was polite, it was serious, it was a legitimate issue IMHO.

It was NOT irrelevant drivel about USA politics.

Please BV could you be consistent in your censorship.
Thank you

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 27, 2020 13:25

Interesting article about University of Washington model of the pandemic in the US. They project there will be 81000 deaths in the US from the virus. We will hope that this projection doesn't come true. The details of how they came up with the number are in the article along with some other interesting & scary items.

[www.seattletimes.com]

Re: Request for consistency please BV
Date: March 27, 2020 13:26

Kingbeebuzz
I notice that BV in the coronavirus thread does not want political posts and threatens to take them down.......but actually has left them up in that thread.

However, my post put up yesterday evening which was viewed 60 times in less than 15 minutes has been taken down without comment, warning or an explanation.

My post was a serious genuine concern for the Stones reputation and how they may be viewed in the future. It was Stones related, it was music related, it was polite, it was serious, it was a legitimate issue IMHO.

Thank you

There is no point in making a new thread like the one above. I will just delete or merge.

I am leaving a lot of posts untouched, as long as they do not have a clear political message. This does not mean I accept political posts. I do NOT want to delete 50% of all posts, even if many do post political to some extent these days.

Please do not take it personal, if I delete your post. I do not care who is posting what. I spend may be 1-2 hours every day reading every post everything, just to keep this thread pretty clean. I wish I could have spent that time on other stuff in life, but I do want to keep this thread open.

I don't have more time. If you don't like it here, then feel free to talk about the coronavirus other places.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-27 13:28 by bv.

Date: March 27, 2020 13:27

Boris Johnson tests positive for coronavirus

"UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has tested positive for coronavirus, he confirmed on Twitter.

“Over the last 24 hours I have developed mild symptoms and tested positive for coronavirus. I am now self-isolating, but I will continue to lead the government’s response via video-conference as we fight this virus. Together we will beat this,” Johnson said on Twitter."
[edition.cnn.com]

Date: March 27, 2020 13:31

I do still see press conferences where the top politicians are standing less than two meters apart (i.e. less than 6 feet apart), sharing microphones, touching the same table, and so on. No wonder they get the virus, they are breaking all the laws of preventing the virus from spreading around.

Bjornulf

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 27, 2020 13:42

bv
I do still see press conferences where the top politicians are standing less than two meters apart (i.e. less than 6 feet apart), sharing microphones, touching the same table, and so on. No wonder they get the virus, they are breaking all the laws of preventing the virus from spreading around.

Good 2m between Boris and other speakers at daily press conferences and a good 2m from the chancellor during ‘nhs wave’ last night outside downing st.
But yes lots of others aren’t

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 27, 2020 14:38

Kingbeebuzz

Thank you

bv hasn't deleted your thread, he has merged it into this one.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 27, 2020 15:15

Matt Hancock, the British Health Secretary, has now tested positive, too. Oh dear.

Date: March 27, 2020 15:27

‘I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where there were actually some covid patients and I shook hands with everybody. People can make up their own mind but I think it’s very important to keep shaking hands." – Boris Johnson
[twitter.com]

Date: March 27, 2020 15:29

Kingbeebuzz

Thank you

Make no mistake, he takes them down - as he (rightfully) did with mine today smiling smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 27, 2020 15:44

MisterDDDD
‘I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where there were actually some covid patients and I shook hands with everybody. People can make up their own mind but I think it’s very important to keep shaking hands." – Boris Johnson
[twitter.com]

Blondie doesn't understand a lot about Corona...

Date: March 27, 2020 15:45

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 27, 2020 16:12

Fauci's been reaching out to the younger generation this week, very important!! Thanks MisterDDDD

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 27, 2020 16:45

MisterDDDD
[twitter.com]

How many other people did this clown infect?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 27, 2020 16:54

Finland is now over 1000 confirmed cases. Total of 7 deaths.

Date: March 27, 2020 17:31

Where coronavirus outbreak started in Washington state, officials see hope as cases appear to be leveling off

“We don’t know if this last two weeks has been a calm before the storm or if the social distancing and all those things that are being practiced are working,” said EvergreenHealth CEO Jeff Tomlin, whose hospital has handled 40 of Washington state’s more than 130 virus-related deaths. He said the hospital is no longer overwhelmed, though it still lacks needed supplies."
[www.washingtonpost.com]

"We are nowhere near declaring victory.
Stay home. Stay healthy." - Gov. Inslee
[twitter.com]

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 27, 2020 17:34

SomeTorontoGirl
MisterDDDD
[twitter.com]

How many other people did this clown infect?

Gevalt.

Date: March 27, 2020 17:53

Topi
Finland is now over 1000 confirmed cases. Total of 7 deaths.

3700/19 in Norway.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 27, 2020 17:56

crholmstrom
Interesting article about University of Washington model of the pandemic in the US. They project there will be 81000 deaths in the US from the virus. We will hope that this projection doesn't come true. The details of how they came up with the number are in the article along with some other interesting & scary items.

[www.seattletimes.com][/quote

81000 deaths by the first week in July implies a huge increase from current levels, even with current measures. Can the US health care system cope?
As always in these reports, a number of caveats and a very wide range of figures.

Which makes me wonder...how did the US health services cope in the 1968/69 pandemic when I believe there were 100,000 deaths in the US alone?

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 27, 2020 18:29

Note this is not about politics anymore. This is about the proper execution of actions to resolve this crisis in each country. And no matter what your political stripe the actions are going to be approximately the same.

There is no point complaining about the lack of mechanical ventilators and respirator masks either. No country maintains a "strategic stockpile" of equipment like that. It's super sad though because I just saw how in Spain they are removing ventilators from people 65 and older to give them to younger people that need them. They are sedating the older people and letting them pass away. It's putting unimaginable stress on the medical staff.

Date: March 27, 2020 18:47

MisterDDDD
[twitter.com]

Is Boris just stupid, or is he simply following the path where UK is getting full immunity fast, and 240,000 deaths? Shaking hands is like swimming with 10 feet long sharks. Unless you are suicidal, you don't do that.

Bjornulf

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: March 27, 2020 18:59

... but get gamblers instead!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 27, 2020 19:00

jlowe
Which makes me wonder...how did the US health services cope in the 1968/69 pandemic when I believe there were 100,000 deaths in the US alone?

I don’t know the answer but am guessing that those 100,000 deaths occurred over a period of many months, not weeks, as is happening now.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 27, 2020 19:04

According to this ntv report, Till Lindemann,singer of german band Rammstein,
got covid-19 staying at hospital needing intense care.
He returned from Moscow to Berlin last week after two solo shows,developing
fever and suffering from pneumonia...yet no confirmation from the band or any officials...

[www.n-tv.de]

Edit :
There's a statement on the band's homepage, that he's in hospital doing better now.
He has been tested and the test has been negative.

[www.rammstein.de]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6970717273747576777879...LastNext
Current Page: 74 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home