Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...264265266267268269270271272273274...LastNext
Current Page: 269 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 25, 2021 07:25

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows
Good move by the NFL and the NFLPA. If a guy can't play due to a knee injury they don't get the bonus. Not taking anything away but providing an incentive.

Vaccinated players who miss games with COVID-19 will still receive per-game roster bonuses
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 24, 2021, 4:59 AM EDT

The NFL and the NFL Players Association have given players another good reason to get vaccinated.

The league and the players’ union have agreed that if a fully vaccinated player gets COVID-19 anyway, that player will still receive any per-game roster bonuses called for in his contract in games he misses. Unvaccinated players who miss games with COVID-19 will not receive per-game roster bonuses.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports that the newly agreed upon rule reads as follows: “If a fully vaccinated player whose NFL Player Contract includes a per game roster bonus (e.g., Active List roster bonus, Active/Inactive List roster bonus) subsequently contracts COVID-19 (i.e., a breakthrough case) and misses one or more 2021 regular season games as a result of such COVID-19 diagnosis, such player will be eligible to earn his per game roster bonus for any such regular season game(s).”

Fully vaccinated people rarely get COVID-19, and when they do their symptoms are usually mild. But “breakthrough” cases can happen, and now players who have breakthrough cases won’t have to worry about it hitting them in the paycheck.

I wonder if they treat the flu the same way? That might have set a precedent.

Players can and have played with the flu. Covid IS NOT the flu.

Players can and have played with Covid, fyi.

Can you provide any examples? Players tested every day and any positive test the player put on a Covid list. Justin Turner and the golfer are the only professional athlets who I have heard competed with Covid.

FYI according to all available sources no NFL players played while COVID-19 positive.

Why someone would say such a thing is ridiculous and nothing but misinformation ie typical conspiracy aka Trumpism aka MTG garbage ie alternative news ie fake news.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 25, 2021 15:53

daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows
Good move by the NFL and the NFLPA. If a guy can't play due to a knee injury they don't get the bonus. Not taking anything away but providing an incentive.

Vaccinated players who miss games with COVID-19 will still receive per-game roster bonuses

The NFL and the NFL Players Association have given players another good reason to get vaccinated.

The league and the players’ union have agreed that if a fully vaccinated player gets COVID-19 anyway, that player will still receive any per-game roster bonuses called for in his contract in games he misses. Unvaccinated players who miss games with COVID-19 will not receive per-game roster bonuses.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports that the newly agreed upon rule reads as follows: “If a fully vaccinated player whose NFL Player Contract includes a per game roster bonus (e.g., Active List roster bonus, Active/Inactive List roster bonus) subsequently contracts COVID-19 (i.e., a breakthrough case) and misses one or more 2021 regular season games as a result of such COVID-19 diagnosis, such player will be eligible to earn his per game roster bonus for any such regular season game(s).”

Fully vaccinated people rarely get COVID-19, and when they do their symptoms are usually mild. But “breakthrough” cases can happen, and now players who have breakthrough cases won’t have to worry about it hitting them in the paycheck.

I never said it was the flu. I was just citing another example of an infectious virus that maybe they were using as an example as a precedent on how to proceed.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 25, 2021 16:11

kovach
MileHigh
It's easy to make a slip between the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment and the Tuskegee Airmen.

Saying that you refuse to take something because someone else that just happens to be the most powerful person in the world would say it is ok is ridiculous and low-brow and irresponsible. And it's that much worse considering the person that said it might become the most powerful person in the world.

Sorry, yeah, I need to brush up on my history!

At least I wasn't the only one confused spinning smiley sticking its tongue out :

Tuskegee Airmen/Experiment Confusion

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 25, 2021 16:48

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows

Can you provide any examples? Players tested every day and any positive test the player put on a Covid list. Justin Turner and the golfer are the only professional athlets who I have heard competed with Covid.

Umm... just about every athlete that has tested positive. I didn't say they played right after they got their "results". But to use my own example, I was still jogging/biking while "slightly sick" , and then only finally tested due to insistence of family ... positive. So it didn't affect my performance, if that's what you're implying.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: June 25, 2021 17:14

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 25, 2021 19:34

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows

Umm... just about every athlete that has tested positive. I didn't say they played right after they got their "results". But to use my own example, I was still jogging/biking while "slightly sick" , and then only finally tested due to insistence of family ... positive. So it didn't affect my performance, if that's what you're implying.

What I was implying is people were tested DAILY and if there was a question on the test they were pulled and put on a Covid list and retested. If there was ANY question they were kept away. Admit you are wrong and making crap up. We don't really care about YOUR example because it isn't even related to the discussion about paying unvaccinated NFL players who test positive. You are not an NFL player and you are just trying to obfuscate. No surprise there.

Date: June 25, 2021 19:40

In Israel -vaccine succes by example - they have to wear masks again.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 25, 2021 19:42

'I make no promises' on new restrictions, CDC Director Walensky says

In some ways, the situation today is reminiscent of last June’s, when infection rates dropped
in states like New Jersey and New York. Some thought the pandemic was over. They were wrong.

Coronavirus

WASHINGTON — Last week, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, was visiting a coronavirus vaccine clinic in Atlanta, where the agency she has led since January is based. While there, she asked “a couple of patients,” as she put it, whether they knew anyone who had gotten their shots. “And they said ‘no,’” Walensky told Yahoo News. “Which is striking, right?” Disparities in vaccination mean that the nation’s defenses are strong in some places but full of gaps in others. Massachusetts, where Walensky lived and practiced medicine before coming to head the CDC, has a 60 percent vaccination rate. That’s one of the highest rates in the nation. Atlanta is in Georgia, which has one of the lowest, with only 35.4 percent of its population having been inoculated against the coronavirus. That could spell trouble in the months ahead, especially as the new Delta strain of the coronavirus proliferates. “I make no promises” about the return of restrictions, Walensky says. She doesn’t think lockdowns will be necessary, but her experience at the clinic last week was a reminder of the challenges that remain. Even as people pack into Yankee Stadium again, hospitals are filling in Missouri. An outbreak in Florida killed two municipal employees. Oklahoma is seeing a surge. “This is hard stuff,” Walensky says. The public health system has been crippled by persistently low funding, she notes, and community health centers that had once served as beacons of care and trust are not nearly as ubiquitous as they should be. So she says again what she has said already: “I think we knew this was going to be hard.”

After 18 hard months, the question is how much longer Americans will have to live with the persistent threat of the coronavirus. Will the new Delta variant prolong the pandemic? Will travel be possible this summer? Will schools open this fall? Like most scientists, Walensky doesn’t like to speak in certainties. But she is firm when it comes to schools. “I am leaning in heavily on full in-person safe learning for all schools,” she says of the 2021-22 school year, which many parents are desperately hoping is free of isolating and unsatisfying Zoom classes. Conservatives have accused the CDC of allowing teachers’ unions to influence reopening guidelines; Walensky has three sons, and she has spoken movingly about their own difficulties with remote learning. “Schools should be the first place to open and the last place to close,” she says, repeating a common refrain that much of the country declined to fully heed during the now-concluding school year.

A renowned AIDS doctor, Walensky had not served as a full-time administrator before being appointed in December by then-President-elect Joe Biden to lead the CDC. In the months since, she has had to navigate complex crosscurrents of science, politics and culture. Removed from the somewhat more mannered precincts of academe (she is a professor at Harvard Medical School, from which she also graduated), she has found every statement scrutinized, such as when she spoke of a feeling of “impending doom” in March, as a fourth coronavirus wave seemed to loom. That wave never materialized. Since those more fraught days of early spring, Walensky has become more accustomed to the brutal nexus of politics and media that can make public health messaging so challenging in 2021. Now her task is to manage the pandemic’s endgame — and to bring that end closer. The end is indeed close, but not everywhere, and perhaps not as close as some may think. Even now, she notes, some 300 people are dying from COVID-19 daily — many fewer than were dying in January, to be sure, but still far too many to declare victory. “Almost every single one of those is preventable,” she says. “And those hurt, right? Because this vaccine works.” At the same time, she says that “the federal government is not going to be involved in mandating or verifying vaccination.” This spring, conservatives like Trump ally Ron DeSantis, the Florida governor, sought to turn “vaccine passports” into a culture war issue, and the Biden administration beat a quick retreat. Instead, states, municipalities and corporations offered a bevy of incentives — guns, beer, cash — to entice the hesitant to get their inoculations. Such efforts may have helped, but the Biden administration conceded earlier this week that it will not meet its goal of having 70 percent of American adults vaccinated by the Fourth of July. The differing rates of vaccination could become especially relevant as the Delta variant becomes ever more dominant. It is thought to be about 60 percent more transmissible than the original SARS-CoV-2 pathogen. The new strain also seems to be sickening younger people, though that could be simply because they are less likely to have been vaccinated than those who are older.

Vaccines are highly effective against the Delta variant, though a person needs to be fully vaccinated for that protection to take hold (partial vaccination seems to work better against other variants than against this one). In some ways, the situation today is reminiscent of last June’s, when infection rates dropped in states like New Jersey and New York. Some thought the pandemic was over. They were wrong. Last week, Biden suggested that there would be no new lockdowns, even if infection rates rise, as they did in the United Kingdom after the Delta variant took root there this spring. On the whole, the vaccination effort has been an astonishing success. “I’m pretty humble when it comes to this pandemic at this point,” Walensky told Yahoo News. Neither she nor the president could readily impose nationwide restrictions in any case, as those decisions are made on state and local levels. But either a presidential decree or CDC guidance would have a huge impact on shaping policy. “I’m really hopeful from a public health standpoint that won’t be necessary,” Walensky says. If there is another wave this summer, it will almost certainly be confined to low-vaccination communities, making for what Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at the Baylor College of Medicine, has called “two COVID nations.” There is also the so-called Delta Plus variant, now emerging in India. “We’re not that convinced that that other mutation is clinically meaningful at all,” Walensky says. “We don’t have a huge level of concern.” Time and again, she returns to a single, simple argument: That vaccines work. They work really well, they work against variants and they work with only minuscule incidence of adverse reactions. Despite continuing concerns, she says that Americans who’ve had their shots can safely reemerge. Vacation is a good idea, perhaps even a necessary one. “I really believe in recharging. And so many people need it so badly right now,” Walensky told Yahoo News. “If you’re vaccinated, that should be fine.”

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 25, 2021 20:52

Just do the mathematics. Among fully vaccinated people, one out of ten may still get covid-19 with the DELTA variant, even if they don't have to go to the hospital. These numbers are seen in environments where many are still not vaccinated, like kids, or places were there are many who do not want the vaccine for some reason. One out of ten might still carry the virus. So those who do not have any vaccine will get the virus, sooner or later, it is just a matter of time.

The Delta variant is fueling school outbreaks in Israel, leading the country's cases to tick up (Business Insider)

An analysis from Public Health England found that Delta is associated with a 60% increased risk of household coronavirus transmission compared to Alpha, the variant discovered in the UK. Alpha is already around 50% more transmissible than the original strain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Delta represents around 40% of Israel's coronavirus cases over the last four weeks, according to the Global Initiative on Sharing Avian Influenza Data. Israel's health ministry reported that 70% of the 125 new infections recorded on Monday were caused by the Delta variant. Roughly one-third of those new infections were among vaccinated individuals, the ministry said, and half were among children.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 25, 2021 21:16

bv
Just do the mathematics. Among fully vaccinated people, one out of ten may still get covid-19 with the DELTA variant, even if they don't have to go to the hospital. These numbers are seen in environments where many are still not vaccinated, like kids, or places were there are many who do not want the vaccine for some reason. One out of ten might still carry the virus. So those who do not have any vaccine will get the virus, sooner or later, it is just a matter of time.

The Delta variant is fueling school outbreaks in Israel, leading the country's cases to tick up (Business Insider)

An analysis from Public Health England found that Delta is associated with a 60% increased risk of household coronavirus transmission compared to Alpha, the variant discovered in the UK. Alpha is already around 50% more transmissible than the original strain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Delta represents around 40% of Israel's coronavirus cases over the last four weeks, according to the Global Initiative on Sharing Avian Influenza Data. Israel's health ministry reported that 70% of the 125 new infections recorded on Monday were caused by the Delta variant. Roughly one-third of those new infections were among vaccinated individuals, the ministry said, and half were among children.
1/3 of new infections were among vaccinated individuals - that gets my attention as this is so far from being over . Hardly over . I staying masked and playing it safe and I am already catching flak over it and so be it .

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 25, 2021 21:27

TheGreek
bv

1/3 of new infections were among vaccinated individuals - that gets my attention as this is so far from being over . Hardly over . I staying masked and playing it safe and I am already catching flak over it and so be it .

How many of those vaccinated that caught Covid became seriously sick?
I have no idea but I’m going to guess very few or possibly even none.

Nate

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 25, 2021 21:36

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows

What I was implying is people were tested DAILY and if there was a question on the test they were pulled and put on a Covid list and retested. If there was ANY question they were kept away. Admit you are wrong and making crap up. We don't really care about YOUR example because it isn't even related to the discussion about paying unvaccinated NFL players who test positive. You are not an NFL player and you are just trying to obfuscate. No surprise there.

You said "players" which I saw, not "NFL players". I am considering all sports. Either way, are you saying in NO case they got it sometime during a game, whether from another player, a fan, a ref?

Just admit, you have accepted to live in isolation for 5 years of your life, and are looking for any reason to justify it.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 25, 2021 21:47

Nate
TheGreek
bv

Nate
For me what's important is staying safe or else the past 15 months have been for nothing

Date: June 25, 2021 21:51

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
kovach
daspyknows

You said "players" which I saw, not "NFL players". I am considering all sports. Either way, are you saying in NO case they got it sometime during a game, whether from another player, a fan, a ref?

Just admit, you have accepted to live in isolation for 5 years of your life, and are looking for any reason to justify it.

Don't be an idiot. The article reference was about the NFL. Not card players, ping pong players or Sumo wrestling players. You have no idea what I am talking about based on your comments and where someone who is unvaccinated caught Covid is entirely irrelevant. I am also not living the next 5 years in isolation, just not being a Covidiot while living my life. I can guarantee I will see more live music the next 90 days than you will but I am going to careful, not stupid. What about you?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 25, 2021 21:56

UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock seems to be doing well during the pandemic though. Always a good sign. That is a guy I would trust through thick and thin.
We need people with that kind of leadership.

Date: June 25, 2021 22:02

Stoneage
UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock seems to be doing well during the pandemic though. Always a good sign. That is a guy I would trust through thick and thin.

I hope his wife loves revenge and has a very creative imagination.

Nate grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 25, 2021 23:11

Nate
Stoneage

Nate grinning smiley

It’s the sheer hypocrisy of it all!

It’s a farce, now! End all restrictions in the U.K. N-O-W!

Date: June 26, 2021 00:10

Big Al
Nate
Stoneage

Nate grinning smiley

I have many friends who live within half an hour of me and normally I would see them a few times a month.When Covid went bananas here in the U.K. at Christmas I stayed at home and didn’t see any friends until March.
Under normal circumstances I travel a lot.I had a flight booked to Mexico City in January this year and although the government made it illegal for people to travel for leisure there are ways to circumnavigate the law if you know how and I could have taken that flight if I really wanted to but I cancelled it due to the Covid situation.I had other flights booked which I also cancelled but now I intend to start flying again next month.
Covid is a terrible disease that has killed or ruined the life of many many people around the world and in some places it’s still extremely rampant but here in the U.K. and other places it is not a crisis like it was at Christmas and I believe if restrictions are not dropped here on July 19th then there may be civil unrest on the streets.

Nate

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 26, 2021 00:15

Matt Hancock should do the right thing and resign, as Boris won't sack him, which is what he deserves.
Hypocrisy in so many things he has said today, and in the past is an insult to all of us here in the U.K. thumbs down

Date: June 26, 2021 00:28

crawdaddy
Matt Hancock should do the right thing and resign, as Boris won't sack him, which is what he deserves.
Hypocrisy in so many things he has said today, and in the past is an insult to all of us here in the U.K. thumbs down

At a very minimum he should be in prison for manslaughter sharing a cell with a 300lb gorilla and walking like a penguin.

Nate

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 26, 2021 02:24

Stoneage

Yes indeed. He’s right on the job winking smiley

Date: June 26, 2021 03:30

A few interesting bits of info for those that believe in science. WHO recommends vaccinated to keep the mask due to delta variant. Delta variant has been proven to infect with 5 to 10 seconds of exposure in Australia, 0.04% of California's covid cases are in people who have been vaccinated and finally, we got some lambda variant out there.

COVID live updates: Delta variant can spread within '5 to 10 seconds' of exposure

From SFChronicle.com Jun 25

Fully vaccinated people should continue wearing masks due to delta variant, WHO says: Punctuating its warnings about the rapid spread of the highly transmissible delta variant of the virus, which was first discovered in India, officials from the World Health Organization cautioned on Friday that fully vaccinated people should continue wearing masks. “People cannot feel safe just because they had the two doses. They still need to protect themselves,” Dr. Mariangela Simao, an assistant director-general with WHO, said during a news briefing. “Vaccine alone won’t stop community transmission. People need to continue to use masks consistently, be in ventilated spaces, hand hygiene... the physical distance, avoid crowding.” The announcement comes as many U.S. states pull back pandemic restrictions, including mask mandates. The delta variant is “spreading quickly around the world — leaving young, unvaccinated people more vulnerable than ever,” President Biden tweeted Thursday. The delta variant, which the WHO says is becoming the dominant global strain of the virus, has the potential “to be more lethal because it’s more efficient in the way it transmits between humans and it will eventually find those vulnerable individuals who will become severely ill, have to be hospitalized and potentially die,” Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO’s health emergencies program, said earlier this week.

Lambda variant — another mutation spreads globally: Officials in the United Kingdom said on Friday that they have identified six cases of a coronavirus variant known as lambda, which was first identified in Peru. Also known as the C.37, the World Health Organization classified lambda as a variant of interest on June 14. It is rapidly spreading in South American countries, accounting for 81% of sequenced coronavirus cases in Peru since April, and overtaking the alpha strain in Chile and Argentina. Public Health England said all the domestic cases under investigation were linked to international travel. The lambda variant has been sequenced in 26 countries to date. “There is currently no evidence that this variant causes more severe disease or renders the vaccines currently deployed any less effective,” U.K. health officials said.

Infections among vaccinated Californians make up less than 0.04% of state cases: Out of the approximately 19 million people vaccinated against COVID-19 in California between Jan. 1 to June 17, there were 6,903 confirmed post-vaccinated infections, according to health department data published this week. These “breakthrough” cases account for about 0.036% of all infections in the state. Out of those cases, 527 people (7.6%) were hospitalized and 54 individuals (0.8%) died. but the California Department of Health said it is unclear if hospitalizations or deaths can be attributed to COVID-19.

Delta variant can spread within “5 to 10 seconds” of exposure, officials caution: It takes seconds, not minutes to transmit the delta variant of the coronavirus, according to Australian health officials who are combating an outbreak in New South Wales. They warn that the variant first identified in India appears to be more transmissible across all age groups, including children. Queensland’s Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said officials are seeing “very fleeting contact” in some cases. Health department investigators have found at least one case, caught on CCTV cameras, where a person was infected with COVID-19 as a stranger walked past them while shopping at Bondi Junction Westfield, according to ABC Australia. “If you remember at the start of this pandemic, I spoke about 15 minutes of close contact being a concern,” Young said. “Now, it looks like it’s five to 10 seconds. That’s a concern. The risk is so much higher now than it was only a year ago.”

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 26, 2021 04:08

Edited for removal of frustration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-29 21:40 by GasLightStreet.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: June 26, 2021 05:07

London: Health officials at the World Health Organisation say there is not yet enough evidence to confirm a growing belief in Australia that the Delta COVID-19 can transmit in just five seconds rather than 15 minutes.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 26, 2021 05:28

“There is currently no evidence that this variant causes more severe disease or renders the vaccines currently deployed any less effective,” U.K. health officials said."

"London: Health officials at the World Health Organisation say there is not yet enough evidence to confirm a growing belief in Australia that the Delta COVID-19 can transmit in just five seconds rather than 15 minutes."

These are actually quite empty statements. Currently no evidence...that in no way means what is being said is not true. It most probably IS true. You do not need to be around someone for fifteen minutes to catch his germs, so to speak. If they are coughing on or near you, you got them, right there, right then. This is just common sense.

And the bit about the WHO saying we need to keep our masks on and continue with all the common sense (again) precautions tells me that California where I am at is kind of jumping the gun with dropping the mask requirement for vaxxed people. Beside the fact that the very same yokels who think they are getting away with something by not getting vaxxed are exactly the ones who would waltz right by a sign like that demonstrating for all their God-given right to be an imbecile.

I think I am going to hang onto my mask and hand sani for a while longer, thanks.

jb

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 26, 2021 06:50

I started going back to the gym two weeks and one day after my second jab. At that point, masks were still required, but I was much less nervous when I saw people with masks below their noses. Now, here in California, masks are no longer required “if you’re vaccinated“. Very very few people at the gym are wearing masks now and I do not believe that many of them, especially the younger people, are vaccinated. So as uncomfortable as it is, I am still wearing my mask at the gym. However, I have been to a few restaurants recently and of course cannot wear a mask while eating. I have also stopped wearing a mask while grocery shopping. I so want life to go back to normal, but these variants are definitely worrisome.

(Edited to fix typos)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-26 06:53 by JadedFaded.

Date: June 26, 2021 07:45

I am doing the same. I will take off the mask if I am with people I know I am vaccinated. Not a big deal wearing it in public at this point. I will wear it on the airplane and in NY. I will wear it at shows too. No big deal.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 26, 2021 10:18

Nate
Big Al
Nate
Stoneage

Nate grinning smiley

I have many friends who live within half an hour of me and normally I would see them a few times a month.When Covid went bananas here in the U.K. at Christmas I stayed at home and didn’t see any friends until March.
Under normal circumstances I travel a lot.I had a flight booked to Mexico City in January this year and although the government made it illegal for people to travel for leisure there are ways to circumnavigate the law if you know how and I could have taken that flight if I really wanted to but I cancelled it due to the Covid situation.I had other flights booked which I also cancelled but now I intend to start flying again next month.
Covid is a terrible disease that has killed or ruined the life of many many people around the world and in some places it’s still extremely rampant but here in the U.K. and other places it is not a crisis like it was at Christmas and I believe if restrictions are not dropped here on July 19th then there may be civil unrest on the streets.

Nate

Working with the general public, day-in, day-out, the overall feeling I pick-up from them is that they’re simply ‘bored’ with covid: fed-up with reading about it; talking about it... Lord knows what the average Brit would think of the scientific posting on this thread!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: June 26, 2021 12:19

Yep, Big Al, that's the general attitude of the majority of people. Their main concern is what happens when they are directly (or nearly directly) effected by whatever happens. As soon as they have the feeling that "the problem" drifts away from their lives they don't want to know about it anymore. It's other peoples problem. In, for instance, war time, people "help" eachother because they're all in the same sh*t. As soon as the smell of sh*t fades away, their one time allies (neighbours, citizens, fellow ccountrymen) are reduced to "other people". That attitude is probably as old as the human race itself and explains the "being fed up with facemasks and all the other limitations".
Fortunately there is a solid minority that approaches life differently. Thanks to those people the overall quality of life has improved over the thousands of years.
Well, it doesn't really matter what the feeling of the general Brit (or any other nations people) is. It's not relevant, because any time sh*t happens they (everybody) will have to live with it and everything starts all over again ... like "delta" ... or "ipsylon" ...
The only hope for the human race is that the above mentioned "solid minority" eventually becomes a majority, making the human race really special.
Having said that, I should add "as long as the mighty Universe remains gentle to us".
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 26, 2021 13:29

Nate
TheGreek
bv

Nate

None of the vaccinated got seriously ill. Still, a few are knocked out for a week or two, like having the flu. That's the good news. The bad news are the fact that they bring covid-19 on to all those who are not vaccinated.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...264265266267268269270271272273274...LastNext
Current Page: 269 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home