Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...261262263264265266267268269270271...LastNext
Current Page: 266 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: June 20, 2021 16:43

So how are you all, got your covid jab yet??
I'm just wondering, do these governments really care that much for our safety?? I'm in a delema, I'm worried because i haven't had the vaccine, but also worried about having it, between all the extreme views people have on this subject it's so so hard to find the truth we as a family can trust, I'd hate to be responsible for causing the illness or death of someone I love. Do you think it's all become so political now we don't know where to go for the truth..

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2021 17:02

Don't get frightened, or obsessed, with this like some here.

I wouldn't get the jab, if I had to do it over. Only got it because of the Vax passport rumors.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 20, 2021 17:04

Rocktiludrop
I'm just wondering, do these governments really care that much for our safety?? I'm in a delema, I'm worried because i haven't had the vaccine, but also worried about having it, between all the extreme views people have on this subject it's so so hard to find the truth we as a family can trust, I'd hate to be responsible for causing the illness or death of someone I love. Do you think it's all become so political now we don't know where to go for the truth..

I have always detested governments but never as much as I do now.Given immunity from prosecution I would line Johnson and his crew up against the wall.
I see no reason at all to distrust science and I will have my second vaccine shot in a couple of weeks.I think it makes sense to take the vaccine but would never dream of imposing it on other people and I couldn’t care less if someone unvaccinated is sitting next to me on a plane or standing next to me at a concert.

I hate the government with a passion but you can not beat an organisation that wins world wars and prints it’s own money.

Nate

Date: June 20, 2021 17:11

Nate
Rocktiludrop

I have always detested governments but never as much as I do now.Given immunity from prosecution I would line Johnson and his crew up against the wall.
I see no reason at all to distrust science and I will have my second vaccine shot in a couple of weeks.I think it makes sense to take the vaccine but would never dream of imposing it on other people and I couldn’t care less if someone unvaccinated is sitting next to me on a plane or standing next to me at a concert.

I hate the government with a passion but you can not beat an organisation that wins world wars and prints it’s own money.

Nate
Bless your heart, i will definitely take your words into consideration

Date: June 20, 2021 17:19

MingSubu
Don't get frightened, or obsessed, with this like some here.

I wouldn't get the jab, if I had to do it over. Only got it because of the Vax passport rumors.

Thanks so much for your advice, it means a lot, it really does.

Date: June 20, 2021 17:37

Nate
Rocktiludrop

Nate

Nate, I can’t say I’ve read all of your posts but what I have read always seem reasonable and/or informative = until now!

Surely you’d regret sitting next to an unvaccinated person if you caught Covid from them.

Date: June 20, 2021 17:48

SonofHarlemShuffler
Nate
Rocktiludrop

Nate

Nate, I can’t say I’ve read all of your posts but what I have read always seem reasonable and/or informative = until now!

Surely you’d regret sitting next to an unvaccinated person if you caught Covid from them.

Seriously, this virus had divided us into division of this magnitude, unbelievable.

Date: June 20, 2021 17:54

Nate if i give you my email and take it away after, would love to talk to you mate. You seem like someone to trust, not at either end of the political scale or mind controlled enough to go with the in crowd.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: June 20, 2021 17:55

Rocktiludrop

Hey Rocktiludrop, I can understand your dilemma and that it's hard sometimes to know whats right or wrong because there is a lot of polarization on the subject. On the one side you got people being super passionate about the vaccine and saying everyone who has concerns is an idiot, on the other side you hear some horror stories about vaccinations like people getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine or that story of Clapton.
Basically it comes down to how much you trust your governmental health institutions. For my part, living in Germany, I can say I trust them very much. When the rare cases of blood clots with AstraZeneca occured, our Government reacted immediately and waited for the approval of the Paul-Ehrlich Institute, our national institute for vaccinations, to give approval. I can imagine though that in other countries it's harder to trust your institutions. May I ask from which country you are? The good thing with this pandemic though is that you can take a look at every other country and how they handle the situation. If many countries in the world recommend a vaccine and a big part of their population is already vaccinated without problems you know it's mostly safe for normal people in a healthy condition (As long as you don't believe in a big world wide conspiracy that all countries are involved it - some people do that...).

Of course there always stays a risk with every vaccine. The good thing with the Covid vaccines is that the risks have been better studied than with any other vaccine, just because never have so many people been vaccinated in such a short time and big part of the world is collecting and exchanging possible side effects. But of course the risks exist, even if they are very rare. For me the crucial point is that the risk of getting a dangerous Covid infection course or getting Long-Covid is A LOT higher than the risk of getting lasting side-effects from a Covid vaccine. Surely people exist that didn't handle the vaccine well. Then there are also people who use those cases or even false information to promote fear against the vaccine. And then there are of course also people who downplay any concerns and call you an idiot if you have some.

I got my first jab two weeks ago, simply because I knew that COVID is a much higher risk than the vaccine. I know two people who got COVID really bad, one was a week on the intensive care unit and it took him many weeks to get back to a fairly normal life again. He still isn't in the physical shape that he was before. The other one still hasn't back her taste. Then I know a few dozens of people personally (including my whole family) who all have got the jab. Most of them only had their arm hurting for a day, a few (but really just a few) felt ill for some more days up until a week. I haven't talked to a single person who has remaining side effects from the vaccine (doesn't of course mean those people to not exist). I personally was only vaccinated once yet but the only thing I noticed was my arm hurting for a day.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 18:05 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 20, 2021 18:01

I would only regret catching Covid if I had chosen not to take the vaccine.What other people choose to do in respect of taking the vaccine is their choice and nothing to do with me.If you take the vaccine you are very well protected.
What on earth do people expect to have different opening times for supermarkets for vaccinated and non vaccinated people or to have the right to have someone moved away from you if sitting on the next table at a restaurant.
I am not someone who wastes time sitting around watching garbage on TV I prefer to travel the world and experience everything I want to without fear.
Would you ask a hooker to prove she doesn’t have a disease or just protect yourself and enjoy it spinning smiley sticking its tongue outhot smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 20, 2021 18:08

StonedRambler
Rocktiludrop

Hey Rocktiludrop, I can understand your dilemma and that it's hard sometimes to know whats right or wrong because there is a lot of polarization on the subject. On the one side you got people being super passionate about the vaccine and saying everyone who has concerns is an idiot, on the other side you hear some horror stories about vaccinations like people getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine or that story of Clapton.
Basically it comes down to how much you trust your governmental health institutions. For my part, living in Germany, I can say I trust them very much. When the rare cases of blood clots with AstraZeneca occured, our Government reacted immediately and waited for the approval of the Paul-Ehrlich Institute, our national institute for vaccinations, to give approval. I can imagine though that in other countries it's harder to trust your institutions. May I ask from which country you are? The good thing with this pandemic though is that you can take a look at every other country and how they handle the situation. If many countries in the world recommend a vaccine and a big part of their population is already vaccinated without problems you know it's mostly safe for normal people in a healthy condition (As long as you don't believe in a big world wide conspiracy that all countries are involved it - some people do that...).

Of course there always stays a risk with every vaccine. The good thing with the Covid vaccines is that the risks have been better studied than with any other vaccine, just because never have so many people been vaccinated in such a short time and big part of the world is collecting and exchanging possible side effects. But of course the risks exist, even if they are very rare. For me the crucial point is that the risk of getting a dangerous Covid infection course or getting Long-Covid is A LOT higher than the risk of getting lasting side-effects from a Covid vaccine. Surely people exist that didn't handle the vaccine well. Then there are also people who use those cases or even false information to promote fear against the vaccine. And then there are of course also people who downplay any concerns and call you an idiot if you have some.

I got my first jab two weeks ago, simply because I knew that COVID is a much higher risk than the vaccine. I know two people who got COVID really bad, one was a week on the intensive care unit and it took him many weeks to get back to a fairly normal life again. He still isn't in the physical shape that he was before. The other one still hasn't back her taste. Then I know a few dozens of people personally (including my whole family) who all have got the jab. Most of them only had their arm hurting for a day, a few (but really just a few) felt ill for some more days up until a week. I haven't talked to a single person who has remaining side effects from the vaccine (doesn't of course mean those people to not exist). I personally was only vaccinated once but the only thing I noticed was my arm hurting for a day.

Best and most accurate post of the day. Those refusing to get vaccinate are taking a risk of there health many magnitudes higher than the vaccine. They are so hung up on the science they refuse to comprehend or believe. Its like continuing to believe the earth is flat because they have a paper map.

I will gladly take booster shots to keep myself safe and will just watch the anti-vaxxers fill the hospitals from the subsequent variants. I hope they enjoy it.

Date: June 20, 2021 18:20

StonedRambler
Rocktiludrop

I got my first jab two weeks ago, simply because I knew that COVID is a much higher risk than the vaccine. I know two people who got COVID really bad, one was a week on the intensive care unit and it took him many weeks to get back to a fairly normal life again. He still isn't in the physical shape that he was before. The other one still hasn't back her taste. Then I know a few dozens of people personally (including my whole family) who all have got the jab. Most of them only had their arm hurting for a day, a few (but really just a few) felt ill for some more days up until a week. I haven't talked to a single person who has remaining side effects from the vaccine (doesn't of course mean those people to not exist). I personally was only vaccinated once but the only thing I noticed was my arm hurting for a day.

Thanks for the effort and going to the time to give the information you have, i agree, we spent a year in Germany in 2019 and they were so welcoming towards us British it was lovely, and we could see how brilliant your health care was on a few occasions. But i still misstrust the information given to us on a science level concerning covid. By that i mean i totally trust your sincerity concerning your opinions on your government, but are we to trust any of them when so many things are now coming into question about the sustainability of lockdowns and future lockdowns.

What I'm really saying is if vaccines work why the need for myself and my family to have them, surely heard immunity in Britain is reached with 75% of the population vaccinated, why this obsession with young people and children to be vaccinated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 18:49 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: June 20, 2021 18:35

I don’t have kids but if I did they would not be receiving a vaccine for a disease that poses virtually zero threat to their health and there is not a hope in hell I would permit anyone to inject my kids in order to give someone another year of playing bingo in a care home irrespective of the vaccine safety.

Nate

Date: June 20, 2021 18:46

Nate
I don’t have kids but if I did they would not be receiving a vaccine for a disease that poses virtually zero threat to their health and there is not a hope in hell I would permit anyone to inject my kids in order to give someone another year of playing bingo in a care home irrespective of the vaccine safety.

Nate

Could not agree more Nate, hopefully this thing slowly fades away and people stop being divided by it.

Date: June 20, 2021 18:50

Rocktiludrop
Thanks for the effort and going to the time to give the information you have, i agree, we spent a year in Germany in 2019 and they were so welcoming towards us British it was lovely, and we could see how brilliant your health care was on a few occasions. But i still misstrust the information given to us on a science level concerning covid. By that i mean i totally trust your sincerity concerning your opinions on your government, but are we to trust any of them when so many things are now coming into question about the sustainability of lockdowns and future lockdowns.

What I'm really saying is if vaccines work why the need for myself and my family to have them, surely hear immunity in Britain is reached with 75% of the population vaccinated, why this obsession with young people and children to be vaccinated.
I would agree with Nate that you have to try and separate the government and science here. In fact I have to criticize a lot on how our German government handled the pandemic - in my opinion they didn't hear enough on science. German scientists said especially in Winter that a hard and short lockdown would be the most effective and do the least damage. But our Government waited far too long until the hospitals were almost overloaded. That resulted in a half-year lockdown where every federated state had their own rules and only recently the situation relaxed. Also when I look onto your government and your prime minister I can absolutely understand anybody who has lost the trust.

However I have trust into most of our scientists in this country and mostly in our institutions. Side effects and risks are taken seriously here. Of course a government wants to get their whole population vaccinated as quickly as possible because economically a vaccinated population is the best.
Concerning heard immunity - they say it only can be reached if also young people and children get vaccinated. Also young people can get longterm effects even with light syntoms (some scientist even say 1/10) and even that is more likely than getting side effects of the vaccine. But everyone has to decide for themselves. Surely most young people will handle Covid easily .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 20:29 by StonedRambler.

Date: June 20, 2021 18:57

StonedRambler
Rocktiludrop

What I'm really saying is if vaccines work why the need for myself and my family to have them, surely hear immunity in Britain is reached with 75% of the population vaccinated, why this obsession with young people and children to be vaccinated.
I would agree with Rockman that you have to try and separate the government and science here. In fact I have to criticize a lot on how our German government handled the pandemic - in my opinion they didn't hear enough on science. German scientists said especially in Winter that a hard and short lockdown would be the most effective and do the least damage. But our Government waited far too long until the hospitals were almost overloaded. That resulted in a half-year lockdown where every federated state had their own rules and only recently the situation relaxed. Also when I look onto your government and your prime minister I can absolutely understand anybody who has lost the trust.

However I have trust into most of our scientists in this country and mostly in our institutions. Side effects and risks are taken seriously here. Of course a government wants to get their whole population vaccinated as quickly as possible because economically a vaccinated population is the best.
Concerning heard immunity - they say it only can be reached if also young people and children get vaccinated.

StonedRambler, I thought we had nothing in common , that's what happens in social media, we put people into boxes, in actual fact we are not so different, all trying to work out what's best for family friends and countrymen, so pleased with you and my other German friends wanting the vaccine to stop at children.

Date: June 20, 2021 19:13

What happened to daspyknows post in this page where she clearly stated that she was shocked and surprised by Nates post, her post hasn't been edited so what's going on here. ??

Date: June 20, 2021 19:17

Rocktiludrop
StonedRambler, I thought we had nothing in common , that's what happens in social media, we put people into boxes, in actual fact we are not so different, all trying to work out what's best for family friends and countrymen, so pleased with you and my other German friends wanting the vaccine to stop at children.
The problem with these online discussions is that people polarize quickly. And especially with Covid, also in real-life, that pushes people completely towards one side. While it's fine to have a strong opinion it becomes problematic when you don't listen to the other side anymore. I liked how unbiased your initial post was and how you said you have problems to know what to believe with all those different things you hear. So I took the time and tried to give you an extensive answer as unbiased as possible. I think it's important we come together and listen to each other in those times. Maybe it will help you with your considerations. In the end you have to decide for yourself. I personally would get it if I was you, simply because the chance of a dangerous Covid course is higher than the chance of getting dangerous side effects. But the choice is completely yours!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 20, 2021 19:20

Nate

Nate

So thankful that there are more people that believe in science, data, and facts than believe the virus is of "zero threat to their health" when it comes to children. Willful ignorance at best at this point.

They'll never know it, or admit it when they do, but it's those of us getting ourselves and our kids vaccinated literally saving them and their kids lives ultimately.

COVID-19 is one of the top 10 causes of death in children in 2020
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - COVID-19 case numbers and hospitalizations are down across the state, but health officials said they are still seeing younger ages being hospitalized with the virus.

Officials with Children’s of Alabama said in 2020, the virus was one of the top 10 leading causes of death in children.
Published: May. 23, 2021

“COVID is the tenth leading cause of death for children in the United States,” Dr. David Kimberlin with Children’s of Alabama said. “It is among most common causes of death in children and adolescents.”
Kimberlin said most COVID deaths are in older age groups, but that doesn’t mean children won’t get extremely sick.
[www.wbrc.com]

Why Are So Many Children in Brazil Dying From Covid-19
June 4, 2021

Research by Dr. Fatima Marinho of Vital Strategies, a nongovernmental organization, has found that more than 2,200 children under the age of 10 have died from Covid-19. While this number represents less than 0.5 percent of Brazil’s 467,000 Covid-19 deaths, more than 900 of the fatalities occurred in children under the age of 5.
[www.nytimes.com]

Date: June 20, 2021 19:21

Rocktiludrop
What happened to daspyknows post in this page where she clearly stated that she was shocked and surprised by Nates post, her post hasn't been edited so what's going on here. ??

Not a she, are you?

Date: June 20, 2021 19:26

Nate

Nate

Sorry, this isn't no risk to children. From the Mayo Clinic

COVID-19 (coronavirus) in babies and children
By Mayo Clinic Staff

Children of all ages can become ill with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). But most kids who are infected typically don't become as sick as adults and some might not show any symptoms at all. Know the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 in babies and children, why children might be affected differently by COVID-19 and what you can do to prevent the spread of the virus.

How likely is it for a child to become sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
While all children are capable of getting the virus that causes COVID-19, they don't become sick as often as adults. Most children have mild symptoms or no symptoms.

According to the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Children's Hospital Association, in the U.S. children represent about 13% of all COVID-19 cases. Research suggests that children younger than ages 10 to 14 are less likely to become infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 compared to people age 20 and older.

However, some children become severely ill with COVID-19. They might need to be hospitalized, treated in the intensive care unit or placed on a ventilator to help them breathe, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

In addition, children with underlying conditions, such as obesity, diabetes and asthma, might be at higher risk of serious illness with COVID-19. Children who have congenital heart disease, genetic conditions or conditions affecting the nervous system or metabolism also might be at higher risk of serious illness with COVID-19.

Research also suggests disproportionately higher rates of COVID-19 in Hispanic and non-Hispanic Black children than in non-Hispanic white children.

Rarely, some children might also develop a serious condition that appears to be linked to COVID-19.

Why do children react differently to COVID-19?
The answer isn't clear yet. Some experts suggest that children might not be as severely affected by COVID-19 because there are other coronaviruses that spread in the community and cause diseases such as the common cold. Since children often get colds, their immune systems might be primed to provide them with some protection against COVID-19. It's also possible that children's immune systems interact with the virus differently than do adults' immune systems. Some adults are getting sick because their immune systems seem to overreact to the virus, causing more damage to their bodies. This may be less likely to happen in children.

How are babies affected by COVID-19?
Babies under age 1 might be at higher risk of severe illness with COVID-19 than older children. This is likely due to their immature immune systems and smaller airways, which make them more likely to develop breathing issues with respiratory virus infections.

Newborns can become infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 during childbirth or by exposure to sick caregivers after delivery. If you have COVID-19 or are waiting for test results due to symptoms, it's recommended during hospitalization after childbirth that you wear a cloth face mask and have clean hands when caring for your newborn. Keeping your newborn's crib by your bed while you are in the hospital is OK, but it's also recommended that you maintain a reasonable distance from your baby when possible. When these steps are taken, the risk of a newborn becoming infected with the COVID-19 virus is low. However, if you are severely ill with COVID-19, you might need to be temporarily separated from your newborn.

Infants who have COVID-19 or who can't be tested and have no symptoms might be discharged from the hospital, depending on the circumstances. It's recommended that the baby's caregivers wear face masks and wash their hands to protect themselves. Frequent follow-up with the baby's health care provider is needed — by phone, virtual visits or in-office visits — for 14 days. Infants who test negative for COVID-19 can be sent home from the hospital.

Is there a COVID-19 vaccine for children?
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is now available to people age 12 and older. The FDA first gave this vaccine emergency use authorization for people age 16 and older in late 2020. This vaccine requires two injections given 21 days apart. The second dose can be given up to six weeks after the first dose, if needed.

Research has shown that Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 100% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus in children ages 12 through 15. Previous research has shown that the vaccine is 95% effective in preventing the COVID-19 virus with symptoms in people age 16 and older.

Studies on the use of COVID-19 vaccines in younger children are also in progress.

Get the latest health advice from Mayo Clinic delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for free and receive the latest on research advancements, health tips and current health topics like COVID-19, plus expert advice on managing your health.

Children's COVID-19 symptoms
While children and adults experience similar symptoms of COVID-19, children's symptoms tend to be mild and cold-like. Most children recover within one to two weeks. Possible symptoms can include:

Fever or chills
Nasal congestion or runny nose
Cough
Sore throat
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Headache
Muscle aches or body aches
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea
Poor feeding or poor appetite
New loss of taste or smell
Belly pain
If your child has symptoms of COVID-19 and you think he or she might have COVID-19, call your child's doctor. Keep your child at home and away from others as much as possible, except to get medical care. If possible, have your child use a separate bedroom and bathroom from family members. Follow recommendations from the CDC, the World Health Organization (WHO) and your government regarding quarantine and isolation measures as appropriate.

Factors used to decide whether to test your child for COVID-19 may differ depending on where you live. In the U.S., the doctor will determine whether to conduct diagnostic tests for COVID-19 based on your child's signs and symptoms, as well as whether your child has had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. The doctor may also consider testing if your child is at higher risk of serious illness.

To test for COVID-19, a health care provider uses a long swab to take a sample from the back of the nose (nasopharyngeal swab). The sample is then sent to a lab for testing. If your child is coughing up phlegm (sputum), that may be sent for testing.

Supporting Your Child During COVID-19 Nasal Swab Testing
The purpose of this video is to prepare children for a COVID-19 nasal swab test, to help ease some of their potential fear and anxiety. When children are prepared to take a medical test, they become more cooperative and compliant, which creates a positive coping experience for them. This video has been made to be watched by children as young as 4 years old.

But children also might have COVID-19 and not show symptoms. This is why it's crucial to follow recommendations for preventing the spread of COVID-19.

What is multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C)?
Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) is a serious condition in which some parts of the body — such as the heart, lungs, blood vessels, kidneys, digestive system, brain, skin or eyes — become severely inflamed. Evidence indicates that many of these children were infected with the COVID-19 virus in the past, as shown by positive antibody test results, suggesting that MIS-C is caused by an excessive immune response related to COVID-19.

Possible signs and symptoms of MIS-C include:

Fever that lasts 24 hours or longer
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Pain in the stomach
Skin rash
Fast heartbeat
Rapid breathing
Red eyes
Redness or swelling of the lips and tongue
Feeling unusually tired
Redness or swelling of the hands or feet
Headache, dizziness or lightheadedness
Enlarged lymph nodes
Emergency warning signs of MIS-C include:

Inability to wake up or stay awake
Difficulty breathing
New confusion
Pale, gray or blue-colored skin, lips or nail beds — depending on skin tone
Severe stomach pain
If your child shows any emergency warning signs or is severely sick with other signs and symptoms, take your child to the nearest emergency department or call 911 or your local emergency number. If your child isn't severely ill but shows other signs or symptoms of MIS-C, contact your child's doctor right away for advice.

If children don’t frequently experience severe illness with COVID-19, why do they need a COVID-19 vaccine?
A COVID-19 vaccine can prevent your child from getting and spreading the COVID-19 virus. If your child gets COVID-19, a COVID-19 vaccine could prevent him or her from becoming severely ill.

Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also allow your child to start doing things that he or she might not have been able to do because of the pandemic, including not wearing a mask or social distancing in any setting — except where required by a rule or law.

COVID-19 prevention tips
If you or your child haven’t gotten a COVID-19 vaccine, there are many steps you can take to prevent yourselves from getting the COVID-19 virus and spreading it to others. The CDC and WHO recommend that you and your family:

Keep your hands clean. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw away the used tissue and wash your hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Have your kids wash their hands immediately after returning home, as well as after going to the bathroom and before eating or preparing food. Show young children how to get the soap between fingers and all the way to the ends of their fingers, including their thumbs and the backs of their hands. Encourage your kids to sing the entire "Happy Birthday" song twice (about 20 seconds) so they spend the time they need to get their hands clean.
Practice social distancing. Make sure your child and everyone in your household avoids close contact (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters) with anyone who doesn’t live in your household. Since people without symptoms may spread the virus, avoiding in-person playdates poses the lowest risk. Having infrequent in-person playdates with the same family or friend who is practicing preventive measures poses a medium risk. If you allow these kinds of playdates, hold them outside and make sure children maintain a distance of 6 feet away from each other. You can describe this distance to your child as about the length of a door or an adult's bicycle. To lower your child’s risk of COVID-19, you may consider limiting involvement in activities that require shared equipment, such as a basketball, or that can't accommodate physical distancing. Encourage your child to keep in touch with friends and loved ones through phone calls or video chats. Consider organizing virtual family meals, game nights or playdates to keep your child engaged.
Clean and disinfect your home. Clean surfaces every day in common areas that are frequently touched, such as tables, doorknobs, hard-backed chairs, light switches, remotes, electronics, handles, desks, toilets and sinks. Also, clean areas that easily get dirty, such as a baby's changing table, and surfaces that your child often touches, such as his or her bed frame, craft table, toy chest and toys. Use soap and water to clean toys that your child puts in his or her mouth. Be sure to rinse off the soap and dry the toys. Wash your child's bedding and washable plush toys, as needed, in the warmest possible setting. Dry items completely. Wash your hands after handling your child's belongings. If you're caring for a baby with COVID-19, wash your hands after diaper changes or handling the baby's bedding, toys or bottles.
Wear cloth face masks. The CDC recommends wearing a face mask in indoor public spaces and outdoors where there is a high risk of COVID-19 transmission, such as at a crowded event. Further mask guidance differs depending on whether you are fully vaccinated or unvaccinated. If your child is age 2 or older, have him or her wear a cloth face mask when around people who don’t live in your household to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others. Don't place a face mask on a child younger than age 2, a child who has any breathing problems, or a child who has a condition that would prevent him or her from being able to remove the mask without help.
In addition, keep up with your child's well visits and vaccines. This is especially important for infants and young children under age 2. Many doctors are using strategies to separate well visits from sick visits by seeing sick children in separate areas of their offices or at different locations. If your child is due for a well visit, talk to your child's doctor about safety steps being taken. Don't let fear of getting the virus that causes COVID-19 prevent your child from getting his or her vaccines to prevent other serious illnesses. A COVID-19 vaccine can be given to eligible children on the same day as other vaccines.

Following guidelines to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus can be particularly difficult for kids. Stay patient. Be a good role model and your child will be more likely to follow your lead.

Date: June 20, 2021 19:39

daspyknows
Rocktiludrop

Not a she, are you?

I did write he or she but decided you must be a she, sorry my mistake ,BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT POST.

I can't make a post disappear, how do you ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 19:40 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: June 20, 2021 19:45

This is like something out of invasion of the body snatchers..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-20 19:46 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: June 20, 2021 19:47

Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop

Not a she, are you?

I did write he or she but decided you must be a she, sorry my mistake ,BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT POST.

I did not delete anything

Date: June 20, 2021 19:57

I am not against vaccines for kids if they are of benefit to the kid but I would not vaccinate a kid in order to protect others.I never claimed that kids were immune from sickness due to Covid but as far as I’m aware the chances of them becoming sick are extremely small or maybe I’m wrong and someone here can show evidence of actual numbers to show the risk is indeed significant?
It is absolutely tragic when a kid loses their life in any circumstance and I’m aware that many young kids in Brazil have tragically died from Covid but how many had significant health problems to begin with I don’t know again maybe someone here has the actual numbers?
It should be a parents choice if they want to vaccinate their kids or not it should never be anyone else’s decision.
How many people calling for mandatory vaccination for kids are willing to scrap their cars and use public transport and walk more? because by doing so you would definitely help to reduce the numbers of road accidents and deaths.

Nate

Date: June 20, 2021 20:03

daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop

Not a she, are you?

So where did it go, you know you posted it.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2021 20:45

Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop

Not a she, are you?

Maybe deleted by bv. Her coronaphobia has her wishing ppl dead and shit. She should seek treatment.

Date: June 20, 2021 20:56

MingSubu
Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop

Not a she, are you?

Maybe deleted by bv. Her coronaphobia has her wishing ppl dead and shit. She should seek treatment.

Yeah people like you. Addition by subtraction. Those who refuse to get vaccinated for political reasons deserve whatever they get. Looking at you MingSubu. You are also an it. Get it figured out.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 20, 2021 23:21

The latest statistics on COVID vaccinations by US state.

[www.beckershospitalreview.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 21, 2021 00:10

TornAndFried
The latest statistics on COVID vaccinations by US state.

[www.beckershospitalreview.com]

Hmmm...hadn't looked at that chart for a couple of weeks now...seems a bit bleak when only 13 states are over 50%.
And the bottom 20 states on the list (give or take), probably aren't going to budge much further possibly staying under the 40% range.

As of June 16, the country as a whole is only at 44.1% fully vaccinated according to the CDC's data - higher than many countries, but thought it might have been even higher than that by now.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...261262263264265266267268269270271...LastNext
Current Page: 266 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2216
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home