Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 344
Re: Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 06:39 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:51

mickschix
Anyone who is minimizing the impact that this virus will have has got to be in total denial

You are the one who got me riled up in the first place, lol.

I refrained for days before posting. I tried. But then I thought of myself and my son who may not get to go see the Stones for the last time. So selfish of me.

Oh, the humanity. The @#$%& plague is upon us.

I'm up against a "brick wall", it seems. Or I'm in denial.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 12, 2020 05:55

Sipuncula
mickschix
Anyone who is minimizing the impact that this virus will have has got to be in total denial

You are the one who got me riled up in the first place, lol.

I refrained for days before posting. I tried. But then I thought of myself and my son who may not get to go see the Stones for the last time. So selfish of me.

Oh, the humanity. The @#$%& plague is upon us.

I'm up against a "brick wall", it seems. Or I'm in denial.

Your son may still get to see the Stones....just not likely this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 06:17 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 12, 2020 06:00

Chris Fountain
Fox News is reporting a 30% Death Rate of Infected in Italy. Source was not cited.

I can’t believe that people actually watch that network for anything more than a laugh anyone with an ounce of intelligence must surely view it as an absolute joke.

Nate

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: March 12, 2020 06:17

It seems to me that this COVID-19 is extremely contagious, and because of that, under-reacting is why it is spreading so quickly. Where I live, there is only one confirmed case, so that’s why I am still going to the gym, but I am not touching my face while there and I am washing my hands with soap for 20 seconds before and after my workout. I don’t think that is an over-reaction, it is just taking simple precautions. There a fewer people at the gym than normal. I will re-evaluate the risk as time passes because I take care of my elderly parents and I do not want to put them at risk. At 89 and 90, it is a real danger to them.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: March 12, 2020 07:14

The impact of Coronavirus on our company and our family has been pretty crazy, and best wishes to all who have loved ones or friends affected by this. Our son is keeping a stiff upper lip as he's stuck in Italy where he went to write music, but Coronavirus showed up right after he did.

He shares a bit of his thoughts on this from Italy as he recorded his story today by changing the words to "Should I stay or should I go"...have a listen...

[clubfrills.bandcamp.com]

Smoked my last cigarette today
Picked up the paper and it say
Coronavirus gonna kill me
Something about the news is fishy
A shitty reality show
The world is grayer than you know

It’s a disease, ease, ease
You think you got it when you sneeze
One day is fine and next it’s black
Anderson Cooper smoking crack
I really wanna break my phone
I cannot stay here in my home

Should I stay or should I go now
Should I leave my safety zone now
If I go I could catch a cold
And if I stay I will be controlled
So come on and let me know

The quarantine in Italy (la cuarentena en Italia)
Decided by a committee (un comité idiota)
They wanna keep me in a sleep (ellos me quieren dormida)
But don’t they know I’m not a sheep (yo no soy una oveja)
Come on and let me go (si por favor libérame)
Should I cool it or should I blow? (me debo ir o quedarme)

Coronavirus gotta go now (yo me enfrió o lo soplo)
Coronavirus gotta go now (yo me enfrió o lo soplo)
If I show up to the drugstore (la farmacia peligrosa)
The media makes money off war (la guerra con las noticias)
So you gotta let me know (me tienes que decir)
Should I cool it or should I blow? (me debo ir o quedarme)

Coronavirus gotta go now (tengo frio por los ojos)
Before the economy goes down (economía bajando)
Before this turns into a ghost town (pueblo esta desolado)
So you gotta let me know (me tienes que decir)
Should I stay or should I go?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 12, 2020 08:02

Seattle Public Schools are to be closed for next 2 weeks, starting immediately.

[www.seattletimes.com]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 12, 2020 08:02

Oh boy. Stay healthy everyone.

Posted by: fuwa ()
Date: March 12, 2020 08:28

video: [youtu.be]

I think in the near future a Rolling Stones concert will be the least of our concerns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 08:29 by fuwa.

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 08:30

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 08:32 by harald2002.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 12, 2020 08:51

California health officials recommend cancelling or postponing events with more than 250 ppl.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 12, 2020 09:32

Chris Fountain
Fox News is reporting a 30% Death Rate of Infected in Italy. Source was not cited.

Please so not post undocumented fake news. If there is a link please post it. I will post details about the fatality rate, also for Italy, and it is certainly nowhere near 30%, probably closer to 1%.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 09:36 by bv.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 12, 2020 09:37

bv
Chris Fountain

Please so not post undocumented fake news. If there is a link please post it. I will post details about the fatality rate, also for Italy, and it is certainly nowhere near 30%, probably closer to 1%.
Exactly!
Found this site Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)
But I don't know anything about this source.

A reliable source: Situation report by WHO (March 11)
Daily updates here: WHO situation reports

By the way: Don't trust the propaganda on Fox News.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 10:09 by MAF.

Date: March 12, 2020 09:42

Announced tonight, as previously posted several times in this thread:

Trump suspends travel from 26 European countries to US (CNN)

U.S. to Suspend Most Travel From Europe as World Scrambles to Fight Pandemic (New York Times)

He (The US President) said he would halt travelers from Europe other than Britain for 30 days and asked Congress to support measures like a payroll tax cut.

Bjornulf

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 12, 2020 09:48

bv
Chris Fountain

Most reliable source is

[www.epicentro.iss.it]

At March 11 situation was 11,538 cases, 932 dead.

[www.epicentro.iss.it]

C

Date: March 12, 2020 09:51

The coronavirus is speading faster than expected in USA, and also in Europe. The authorities will now limit travel and number of people at the same place in such a way that the Stones lawyers will have enough legal stuff to terminate the tour in USA within a week from now, that is just my personal impression on the situation right now.

Right now the travel ban from Europe into USA is for 30 days starting Saturday morning March 14, i.e. until April 13. But ... in 30 days the situation will be a lot more worse, the travel ban will be extended long time before that, and it will then also include Britain, which is now excluded. Also, crowds of more than 500 will for sure be banned all over, also in USA, like we see now in Europe.

The tour will be off until there is a vaccine for the coronavirus, and that will not happen for a year or more.

This is now a worldwide pandemi. There is no time for saying this will "go over" next week or next month. It is time to stay at home, wash your hands, and please, do not visit elderly people and relatives until this is over.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 12, 2020 10:08

Bob Dylan cancelled all his club shows in Japan today.

Date: March 12, 2020 10:16

Please do not panic. The virus is not fatal for most of us. The comments about 30% fatality rate is just fake news made up by some political agenda.

The following is how you may understand the virus and the fatality rates. It would help a lot if you use the live data with numbers of reported coronavirus cases, and number of deaths from the coronavirus:

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE - Live data

Statistics and mathematics is hard and boring, I know, they say politicians use statistics and numbers all the time to lie.

Example:

The average age of a Stones crowd is 30%

Right or wrong?

May be for Argentina it is right, but for the seated areas in USA is it is wrong. You need to know the background of the numbers.

Among children under the age of 9 lots of reports say the fatality rate of children related to the coronavirus is zero - 0%.

Among old people 80+ I would assume the fatality rate is very high, just guessing like 30%. It will be different in Africa, USA, Switzerland an so on, related to the health system, how many of the old people who smoke and so on.

Please take a look at these live numbers:

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE - Live data

Right now, the total worldwide numbers are:

126,258 positives / 4,638 deaths => death rate 3,7%

Then take a look at the numbers from Italy:

12 462 / 827 => death rate 6.6%

Then take a look at Norway:

629 / 0 => death rate 0%

Or Netherlands:

503 / 5 => death rate 1,0%

USA:

1,312 / 38 => death rate 2.9%

Then remember it is the very same virus, with the very same fatality rate, if the health system and the average age is the same. Sure some countires do have a lot more cigarette smokers than others, and sure Italy is said to have the oldest population in Europe, but they are healthy with mediterinean cusine.

The real reason why all these numbers are different is because the most critical number - the total number of really infected people, is unknown in most countries across the world. Also, the extend of protection with home quarantine.

In Norway every single person with fever or coming from Italy or Austria or Iran or China or Asia has been tested and put into home quarantine if positive immediately. Well first home quarantine and then order to stay there for 2 weeks if tested positive.

In USA there have hardly been any tests for weeks, so the real number of infected people is far to low, and it is impossible to establish a real fatality number. Same with China. same with any larger country. No capacity to test every case.

The symptomps are mild, and with young people including children there are hardly any symptoms. Still they are sick, still they do spread the disease locally.

There was a post about the fatality rate earlier this week. Please read it. I will repeat the essentials: The fatality rate is probably somewhere between 0.5% and 1.0%, I would say 0.7% in average, if all people were tested, and if the health of people infected is average. If the virus get widely into retirement homes, then the rate will go up rapidly. Please do not visit grandma or grandpa. Please protect their heath. Phone them until there is a vaccine! Please! And wash your hands. For at least 20 seconds, with hot water and soap, every time you touch anything outside your home, or your mobile phone, or a shopping cart, or an ATM keyboard, or an elevator button, or a door handle, or ...

Bjornulf

Date: March 12, 2020 10:22

Every day at 6:00pm in the afternoon the health manager in Norway do have a press conference on national TV, as broadcasted by all major TV channels. We get detailed reports on the virus, numbers, new advices on what to do.

As from yesterday the health ministed joined in on this press conference.

Also, the capital city manager in Oslo is now running daily press conferences. Nothing in the world is now more important than slowing dawn this virus, and keeping away from weaker people in the danger zone.

I do know that other counties like Denmark are having similar acts and control, and I do hope all countries across the globe do the same from now on. Information and accurate actions are essential tools in slowing down this virus.

Bjornulf

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: March 12, 2020 10:26

Thank you Bjornulf for this sticky and sorting the picture.
Very helpful information, and good to hear voices from all over the globe.
And sure, people react differently when confronted with changes, but you are securing style and level of discussion. Thank you very much again!

Hope we all have better times on IORR in the future again. Will keep my LD...

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 12, 2020 10:46

Not Panic, friends.
In Italy stop everything for 15 days excluse supermarket,hospital and some primary necessity.
Smart working or force holiday in house .
Yesterday positive Juventus Football player, Daniele Rugani.
Is indispensable not human contacts.
Sici

Date: March 12, 2020 10:57

GNR postpones Costa Rica show to be held later this year.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 12, 2020 11:07

bv
The virus is not fatal for most of us.

That's very true for the population in general.

But for males over 70 there is a significant death rate.

And I'd postulate that a big fraction of the audience at a Stones concert these days is males over 70.

Myself included.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 12, 2020 11:12

CaptainCorella
bv
The virus is not fatal for most of us.

That's very true for the population in general.

But for males over 70 there is a significant death rate.

And I'd postulate that a big fraction of the audience at a Stones concert these days is males over 70.

Myself included.

Males, females, cancer patients (like me) and people with heart and lung diseases or failures. And many more.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 12, 2020 11:20

And now no europeans are allowed to travel to the US next 30 days (except UK).

Some information from the Stones camp would be great, they wont take any risks with the virus.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 12:03

When the authorities say the virus is 10 times more lethal then the flu, are they talking about the older people with medical problems because, at the same time, I hear that most people who get it, get better? If anyone can help me understand this, I would appreciate it very much.

Date: March 12, 2020 12:31

Even Finland (we have about 90 cases so far) is giving a recommendation of cancelling large public gatherings.

Date: March 12, 2020 12:32

The crazy thing about Trump's European travel ban is that if anyone from Europe wants to go to the USA, they simply fly via London......so not sure this policy solves much.

Date: March 12, 2020 12:35

Men over 70, ugh that includes all of the band members. My biggest concern is for them. All of the Stones are in the high risk category with age and prior health issues which make them vulnerable, aside from the fact that they come into contact with so many people. The tour must be delayed but I hope not postponed totally.

Date: March 12, 2020 12:39

Manofwealthandtaste
The crazy thing about Trump's European travel ban is that if anyone from Europe wants to go to the USA, they simply fly via London......so not sure this policy solves much.

Both the UK and US authorities would be able to see where your passport has been before London though.

BTW Ireland also exempt from the ban, at least according to this article:

[www.news.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-12 12:41 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home