Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...172173174175176177178179180181182...LastNext
Current Page: 177 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 13, 2020 20:41

I do not see why this thread is even allowed to exist. Has fuckall to do with the Rolling Stones and at least in the USA has become a highly politicalized subject. There is no truth only lies that those who would benefit from it would like you to believe. And meanwhile there is near insurrection in the streets. Millions of Maggots on the rapidly faltering corpse of democracy makes this whole covid thing seem like a mere inconvenience.

>It's looking like it will get worse due to arrogance and purposeful ignorance. In
>that case 2020 will look like a good year compared to 2021.

Yep, exactly. Welcome to armageddon coming soon to a corner near you

jb

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 13, 2020 20:59

MisterDDDD
Hoping, as Dr. Fauci is, that "vaccine hesitancy" dissipates quickly.

Anthony Fauci Reveals His Biggest COVID Vaccine Fear
While some have welcomed the COVID vaccine as a victory over the virus, Fauci warns there’s another test ahead—and we could be “in a little bit of trouble” if it doesn’t go well.

"“I hope this process unfolds smoothly,” Fauci said with a sense of uneasy optimism. “I think it will. [It’s] going to be the beginning of an important era in how we’re attacking this virus.” Fauci said he has no reservations about the logistics behind the vaccine distribution plan. Operation Warp Speed, a public-private partnership to fast-track the vaccine, has for months had a plan in place to ensure the delivery of the first vaccine doses to states, he said. But all the planning the military has done to ensure the distribution process runs smoothly won’t matter if people aren’t willing to take the vaccine, Fauci said.

“My primary biggest fear is that a substantial proportion of the people will be hesitant to get vaccinated,” Fauci said. “I think there are going to be many people who don't want to get vaccinated right away. But once you get, you know, tens of millions of people vaccinated, it looks like it’s working and it’s safe, then I think we’ll win over a large proportion of the rest of the population, who might have some hesitancy about getting vaccinated.”
[www.thedailybeast.com]

Fauci and his team and other virology experts have been right all the time. Their predictions many months ago on the second wave were correct. You can't blame THEM for not being able to predict that it's even worse than expected. The decision makers and us (those among us that always find excuses to not do what's been asked) are the reason things got worse. Simply look at how many of the "us" people react (and have reacted) on the the measures around events like Thanksgiving, Black Friday and now Christmas. So many sad minds. "our children get bored", "I miss my friends", "they can't take away our Christmas", etc., etc. Sad minds. Image what would happen if we're being hit by a decent size meteorite ... "oh my god, we can't have Christmas", "80% of our loved ones are dead" and now "we won't be able to party", "no more airplanes to take us to our favorite sunny beach (which isn't sunny anymore because the sky is blackened with dust).
Come on, just let's give ourselves a break and take it easy for a while and allow the Covid-19 virus to p*ss off. If not, the predicted third wave will hit us all sooner than anyone but the above mentioned experts can really predict.
(The above was not meant for the majority on this site!)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 13, 2020 21:01

jbwelda
I do not see why this thread is even allowed to exist. Has fuckall to do with the Rolling Stones and at least in the USA has become a highly politicalized subject. There is no truth only lies that those who would benefit from it would like you to believe. And meanwhile there is near insurrection in the streets. Millions of Maggots on the rapidly faltering corpse of democracy makes this whole covid thing seem like a mere inconvenience.

This thread is here so that people may share their thoughts and experiences. You can not ignore the fact that thousands die from Covid-19 every day. This thread is highly Stones-related because:

- The Rolling Stones USA/CA 2020 tour got canceled because of the pandemic
- The Rolling Stones will not be able to tour until the pandemic is over
- The pandemic will not be over until people follow health advice, mask up etc

Bjornulf

Date: December 13, 2020 21:16

bv
jbwelda

This thread is here so that people may share their thoughts and experiences. You can not ignore the fact that thousands die from Covid-19 every day. This thread is highly Stones-related because:

bv ... I love you, man!cool smiley

Date: December 13, 2020 21:26

bv

- The pandemic will not be over until people follow health advice,is mask up etc

In Holland we are heading towards an almost compete lockdown because lots of (younger) people are not using their common sense, illegal parties, virus deniers, people hanging around in crowded shops just out of boredom etc people just ignoring the rules.. Blowing it for the rest of our population, for people working in the cultural / music business in particular. Thank You for this and Merry Xmas everybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-13 21:58 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 14, 2020 01:55

TheflyingDutchman
bv

- The pandemic will not be over until people follow health advice,is mask up etc

In Holland we are heading towards an almost compete lockdown because lots of (younger) people are not using their common sense, illegal parties, virus deniers, people hanging around in crowded shops just out of boredom etc people just ignoring the rules.. Blowing it for the rest of our population, for people working in the cultural / music business in particular. Thank You for this and Merry Xmas everybody.

Sorry for your troubles. It is the same in states. Hang in there!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 14, 2020 02:22

crholmstrom
TheflyingDutchman
bv

It isn’t any better here in the U.K. either. Most people respect the rules but a few selfish idiots don’t. Germany has just announced a 25 day lockdown through to New Year and it’s a good bet that neighbouring countries will follow suit.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 14, 2020 03:12

My dad, who is 73 and lives 990 miles away from me, will not get the vaccine, he thinks masks are stupid and do nothing and that it's all media/government control. Oh and the other obvious idiocy that's going on, he drank his hero's Kook Aid and continues to spread misinformation/lies/fake news on the FaceBook.

All of that from someone that has had back surgery, a knee replaced and a quintuple bypass.

I haven't talked to him since late October. If he gets it he's on his own.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 14, 2020 05:37

GasLightStreet
My dad, who is 73 and lives 990 miles away from me, will not get the vaccine, he thinks masks are stupid and do nothing and that it's all media/government control. Oh and the other obvious idiocy that's going on, he drank his hero's Kook Aid and continues to spread misinformation/lies/fake news on the FaceBook.

All of that from someone that has had back surgery, a knee replaced and a quintuple bypass.

It's very difficult when it's a family/friend with this insane line of thinking. I'm in the same situation as you. Hang in there.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 14, 2020 06:20

bv
This thread is highly Stones-related because:

Plus:
- It keeps them from (or gives them an excuse for not) working on the new album ...

Date: December 14, 2020 14:55

grzegorz67
crholmstrom
TheflyingDutchman
bv

It isn’t any better here in the U.K. either. Most people respect the rules but a few selfish idiots don’t. Germany has just announced a 25 day lockdown through to New Year and it’s a good bet that neighbouring countries will follow suit.

100%. Nothing to play, giving lessons online, if students want. Musicians out of their job, people running bars etc are facing bankruptcy, hairdressers unemployed. .People getting more lonely. Healthcare workers facing burnout. The economical consequences are devastating for many.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 14, 2020 15:08

bv
jbwelda

BV-

As I've stated many times before, appreciate all you do and all things IORR, a first rate forum/site for our favorite band.

Happy and safe Holidays to you and yours!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 14, 2020 15:25

TheflyingDutchman
grzegorz67
crholmstrom
TheflyingDutchman
bv

100%. Nothing to play, giving lessons online, if students want. Musicians out of their job, people running bars etc are facing bankruptcy, hairdressers unemployed. .People getting more lonely. Healthcare workers facing burnout. The economical consequences are devastating for many.

They certainly are. But not as devastating as death, bereavement or permanent ill health and incapacitation.

Date: December 14, 2020 15:42

TheflyingDutchman
grzegorz67
crholmstrom
TheflyingDutchman
bv

Nothing to play? Stones !!!
But you're right. The New Year will start with many people in major trouble. But it can be much, much worse if Mother Nature gets really angry. So I treasure my blessings.
Today the Netherlands will follow Germany in a serious lockdown. At least finally some uniformity! Hopefully other European countries will follow. Surprisingly enough (or maybe not ...) shares are going up worldwide. To me it's like with other crisis situations ... companies first increase the unemployment percentage, which means much lower overhead costs or in other words more profit. Once (its always big companies) business is stable again then they slowly provide jobs (on lower salary) and things start all over again.
For small businesses this crisis is dreadful. They may loose everything they worked hard for during many years.
I remember my late dad talking about the big crisis during the 1930s when he was a young guy. Along the canals of Amsterdam thousands were hanging around, smoking their lungs to hell and hoping for someone to drop by to give them a (very often temporary) job. A boss shouting from a window "hey you two, you can come upstairs. Work for two days". No records to listen to, no TV, no Internet with video chat options or computer games, complaining wives, hungry kids, those men were living in hell.
So treasure your blessings, Dutchman! And stay healthy!!!
smileys with beer

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 14, 2020 15:44

Looks like London and many other places in UK going into lockdown in a few days.
Unfortunately it is the few that make it really bad for the majority of the country.
It can be a regional thing here as I only have to walk past the big Weatherspoons pub here in Epsom and the youngsters in there are moving the chairs around to get 6 or more round a small table .
There are clear signs to say stick to the rules of social distancing, but some people are just not doing it and some staff are not doing anything about it.

When I had a week down in Stroud area late summertime, I would go into the large Weatherspoons pub there and customer's were told off and given a warning if they didn't comply.
Stroud is in the Cotswolds area of England and much quieter than London area and I noticed that it was a lot stricter when wearing face masks in shops,trains,buses etc.
The people who live in these lockdown areas have all got a responsibility to keep to the rules or everyone in the area will suffer.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 14, 2020 16:06

There are good news and there are bad news.

Good news are the stock market say things are fine now, because there is a vaccine. The stock market think long term, oil prices will go up, people will be shopping, buying houses, doing stuff they use to do, to keep the economy going. Life will be normal in 12-18 months time. The stock market does not care about death rates and ethics. They do only care about revenue, income and loss.

Good news are we do now know exactly what it takes to keep our older generations alive. Just mask up and keep a distance, forget about parties until we are vaccinated. It is easy. We have been doing this for nine months now. Hang in there. By March winter is over and we may have a beer outside. Thanks to global warming, may be even late February will be warm, look at it from the bright side. A beer in the sun late Feb will kill the covid pest!

Good news are the vaccine is here, and we will get it out during 2021. Things will be more normal month by month. Summer 2021 will be better than summer 2020.

Bad news are some people are impatient, also people age 15-20 live now, for them this is their age when they go from being a kid into being an adult. They need some party time, they need to be very social, they need friends, to meet up, the pandemic is killing their social life. So we have to find a way to let the younger generation live normal while the rest of us act more responsible. I am sure we will manage.

Good news are I think The Rolling Stones might be able to finish their album and tour in 2022. I really think so. It will be worth the wait.

Bjornulf

Date: December 14, 2020 16:08

grzegorz67
TheflyingDutchman
grzegorz67
crholmstrom
TheflyingDutchman
bv

They certainly are. But not as devastating as death, bereavement or permanent ill health and incapacitation.

Of course, they are worse off. I have quite a few friends affected, 2 are in the hospital with a horrible oxygen saturation due to covid-19.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 14, 2020 16:49

Critical care nurse in NY receives their first vaccine.

“ I feel hopeful today... healing is coming”

[twitter.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 14, 2020 16:56

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 14, 2020 17:00

bv

Good news are the stock market say things are fine now, because there is a vaccine. [...] The stock market does not care about death rates and ethics. They do only care about revenue, income and loss.

That's indeed really good news. As long as the riches become more rich by powerless income (Stocks) then everything is fine. grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

It was the same during the world economic crisis 2009 - while contract workers lost immediately their jobs, nothing happened to the rich - they were even more rich after the world economic crisis (e.g. by growing real estate prices).

End of November 2020 there was a News in Germany that workers in Supermarkets as well as at Parcel-services have now a lot of work & stress but get currently less money than before COVID-19 - [www.Tagesschau.de] - (in German).

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 14, 2020 17:07

GasLightStreet

don't fault him for THAT at least...I mean, that's what Facebook is there for....to spread lies about yourself, about others, about the world

...it's built on nothing but lies...

that and getting laid, I suppose (which for many often involves a lot of misinformation and lies anyway, I assume....so, perfect platform).

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 14, 2020 18:07

crawdaddy
Looks like London and many other places in UK going into lockdown in a few days.
Unfortunately it is the few that make it really bad for the majority of the country.
It can be a regional thing here as I only have to walk past the big Weatherspoons pub here in Epsom and the youngsters in there are moving the chairs around to get 6 or more round a small table .
There are clear signs to say stick to the rules of social distancing, but some people are just not doing it and some staff are not doing anything about it.

When I had a week down in Stroud area late summertime, I would go into the large Weatherspoons pub there and customer's were told off and given a warning if they didn't comply.
Stroud is in the Cotswolds area of England and much quieter than London area and I noticed that it was a lot stricter when wearing face masks in shops,trains,buses etc.
The people who live in these lockdown areas have all got a responsibility to keep to the rules or everyone in the area will suffer.

So London is going up to tier 3 again as from midnight tomorrow (Tuesday). I've witnessed the same scenes as you in recent days and weeks, so it doesn't surprise me in the least! I already was expecting it to happen after the review on 16th, but it's come even sooner - probably prompted in part by the sight of throngs of people out shopping at the weekend, which was only bound to get worse as Christmas draws nearer.

Date: December 14, 2020 18:32

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

don't fault him for THAT at least...I mean, that's what Facebook is there for....to spread lies about yourself, about others, about the world

that and getting laid, I suppose (which for many often involves a lot of misinformation and lies anyway, I assume....so, perfect platform).

HA HA! That's funny.

Speaking of FB for, maybe, getting laid (a FB hookup has never happened for me and I'm pretty sure it never will), some friends have suggested I do online dating. That's just... I'd rather drink 3 day old cold coffee. I'm not convinced that spending A LOT MORE TIME on my phone or my laptop window shopping through who knows what is what I want to do. I have Amazon for that, it's quick and at least it's useful.

Date: December 14, 2020 18:39

jbwelda

>It's looking like it will get worse due to arrogance and purposeful ignorance. In
>that case 2020 will look like a good year compared to 2021.

Yep, exactly. Welcome to armageddon coming soon to a corner near you

jb

It has to do with EVERYONE, that's why. Seems beyond rather obvious. Yes it is highly politicalized in the US. It's a big reason why I've deemed this year 20PINI20NS.

Saw a pretty funny meme recently - dude looking at the clock ending the day of 12-31-2020 and it goes to 13-1-2020!!! That really cracked me up. I suppose someone will invent a month name for that. Forember would be appropriate in that regard! I do see that it would be called Undecimber but that's not funny.

Then there's the one where it's 1-1-2021, when 2020 is old enough to drink.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 14, 2020 18:49

GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

HA HA! That's funny.

Speaking of FB for, maybe, getting laid (a FB hookup has never happened for me and I'm pretty sure it never will), some friends have suggested I do online dating. That's just... I'd rather drink 3 day old cold coffee. I'm not convinced that spending A LOT MORE TIME on my phone or my laptop window shopping through who knows what is what I want to do. I have Amazon for that, it's quick and at least it's useful.

haha!

I think Tinder is sort of like Amazon for Banging/Dating?

I have no idea....

but, don't forget to wear a condom!!!...and a mask!!...and stay 6 feet apart!!

boy...dating sure sounds fun these days. eye rolling smiley

Not that I condone it, but I can sure see why a young person would say "EFF IT"....

it's easy for Old Me to be on Lockdown w/ my wife, dogs, house, yard...

but, if I were 21 again?

I'd probably be on Tinder and FB and be Maskless Quarantine banging away....

probably end up w/ Covid and a social disease in the process....

Man...now that I think about it, I'm glad I'm old.

Date: December 14, 2020 19:34

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

HA HA! That's funny.

haha!

I have no idea....

Not that I condone it, but I can sure see why a young person would say "EFF IT"....

but, if I were 21 again?

I'm four months today 50 years old (wow, that went by fast!), in great shape, live in my own house, blah blah blah. My wife died in September of 2017 from triple negative breast cancer and the depression I already had from knowing she was going to die got a lot worse, 11 months after I got that straightened out, then in late 2018 I got together with a girl I've known since 1976, and the day after my birthday this year she broke up with me, and, woo hoo, I had unknowingly been depressed again for most of the year and, gleefully, it got a lot worse and when I realized it I got help ASAP (unlike the last time). So that's been straightened out. Hurricane Zeta grazing us gave me a lift. I was really hoping we'd get smashed this year but the 5 of them just cruised right on by, some closer than others.

So, to put it mildly, COVID has not exactly been an issue for me. Until now.

I don't feel "out of the loop" but dammit this COVID crap sure has made it difficult to want to go out. Part of me is interested in attempting to do online dating but my gut feeling, which, you know, is usually always right, tells me not to.

Loneliness is a lot like not mowing your lawn - it costs zero to do.

I don't have any mindset that things will magically get better on 1-1-2021, in fact, ha ha, I think it's gonna get worse but it doesn't matter what I think, reality determines reality. I'm not moving to Idaho to live in a bunker wrapped in a flag where it's 20 below zero 13 months of the year because COVID might get worse.

Oh and I quit drinking alcohol in late September. Which, really, has been amazing. I have hope, it just seems to hide behind very large dark clouds a lot.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 14, 2020 19:58

stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

That is a perfect analogy and analysis !

Date: December 14, 2020 20:30

A new variant of coronavirus has been found which is growing faster in some parts of England. Health Secretary Matt Hancock said the WHO had been notified and UK scientists were doing detailed studies. There was "nothing to suggest" it caused worse disease or that vaccines would no longer work. - [www.BBC.com] .

Date: December 14, 2020 20:30

GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet
stickyfingers101
GasLightStreet

HA HA! That's funny.

haha!

I have no idea....

but, if I were 21 again?

I'm four months today 50 years old (wow, that went by fast!), in great shape, live in my own house, blah blah blah. My wife died in September of 2017 from triple negative breast cancer and the depression I already had from knowing she was going to die got a lot worse, 11 months after I got that straightened out, then in late 2018 I got together with a girl I've known since 1976, and the day after my birthday this year she broke up with me, and, woo hoo, I had unknowingly been depressed again for most of the year and, gleefully, it got a lot worse and when I realized it I got help ASAP (unlike the last time). So that's been straightened out. Hurricane Zeta grazing us gave me a lift. I was really hoping we'd get smashed this year but the 5 of them just cruised right on by, some closer than others.

So, to put it mildly, COVID has not exactly been an issue for me. Until now.

I don't feel "out of the loop" but dammit this COVID crap sure has made it difficult to want to go out. Part of me is interested in attempting to do online dating but my gut feeling, which, you know, is usually always right, tells me not to.

Loneliness is a lot like not mowing your lawn - it costs zero to do.

I don't have any mindset that things will magically get better on 1-1-2021, in fact, ha ha, I think it's gonna get worse but it doesn't matter what I think, reality determines reality. I'm not moving to Idaho to live in a bunker wrapped in a flag where it's 20 below zero 13 months of the year because COVID might get worse.

Oh and I quit drinking alcohol in late September. Which, really, has been amazing. I have hope, it just seems to hide behind very large dark clouds a lot.

My goodness GLS! I didn't realize that life could suck to such an extend. Well, at least you put it into words in such a way, that you gave me a laugh. Please accept my apology! I thought my life was miserable because last year I missed out on the Rolling Stones twice. First Mick's surgery and then around the summer my wife's surgery. And then this year the bloody Covid-19 screwed up new attempts to see the boys. But honestly, I felt blessed again when they released LIAGT! My wife and I walk twice a day (meanly for her heart condition) and when we go under a road tunnel toward a small but nice park, I start singing LIAGT loud .. both ways. The echo sounds great and I feel happy. My wife is less pleased, though.
And you know, I'm only one year younger than your dad. You should tell him to listen to the Rolling Stones and start with the first 1964 album. If he goes through the hole catalogue in one month he may feel 21 again ... tell him it's a strong advice from me (a Dutch guy who has seen the world)winking smiley
And during listening he doesn't need a facemask. how about that?
smileys with beer

Date: December 14, 2020 23:10

Netherlands hard lockdown 15-Dec-2020 until 19-Jan-2021 - [www.Government.nl] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...172173174175176177178179180181182...LastNext
Current Page: 177 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1198
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home