Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...334335336337338339340341342343344Next
Current Page: 342 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: January 25, 2022 20:07

Was he really expecting Spotify to cancel their immensely popular podcast? He stirs up some trouble and makes the public aware of his opposition to Rogan and at the same time gives Rogan advertising. By removing himself from the library he also removes his songs/preachings from Spotify.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 25, 2022 20:16

skytrench
Was he really expecting Spotify to cancel their immensely popular podcast? He stirs up some trouble and makes the public aware of his opposition to Rogan and at the same time gives Rogan advertising. By removing himself from the library he also removes his songs/preachings from Spotify.

He's making his voice heard and standing up for his principles. Rogan's a buffoon making money off the ignorant. I wonder how many people have died because of what he's been spouting?

Date: January 25, 2022 20:47

treaclefingers
He's making his voice heard and standing up for his principles. Rogan's a buffoon making money off the ignorant. I wonder how many people have died because of what he's been spouting?

True he's standing up for his principles, though his voice will not be heard on Spotify.
If he leads the way to other big name artists following him out, it could have some impact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 20:48 by skytrench.

Date: January 25, 2022 20:55

skytrench
treaclefingers

True he's standing up for his principles, though his voice will not be heard on Spotify.
If he leads the way to other big name artists following him out, it could have some impact.

I'm not sure how important spotify is to him, or whether he does the mathematical calculation as to the impact on his bottom line...I'd like to think he's not thinking that, but who knows.

Don't know if other artists would follow suit, probably not, and certainly not younger artists who are making more money off the platform.

Anyway, I know people that follow Rogan and follow his advice on all matters COVID. I have an extreme distaste for this in the knowledge that people have died because of it.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2022 21:13

Denmark may have covid-19 flock immunity within 14 days, according to a report by TV2 Denmark.

Europe will have global immunity for weeks and months when the current covid-19 wave is over, according to the WHO Europe director Hans Kluge.

The Omicron variant has moved the Covid-19 pandemic into a new phase and could bring it to an end in Europe, the WHO Europe director said Sunday.

"It's plausible that the region is moving towards a kind of pandemic endgame," Hans Kluge told AFP in an interview, adding that Omicron could infect 60 percent of Europeans by March.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 25, 2022 21:33

bv
Denmark may have covid-19 flock immunity within 14 days, according to a report by TV2 Denmark.

Europe will have global immunity for weeks and months when the current covid-19 wave is over, according to the WHO Europe director Hans Kluge.

The Omicron variant has moved the Covid-19 pandemic into a new phase and could bring it to an end in Europe, the WHO Europe director said Sunday.

"It's plausible that the region is moving towards a kind of pandemic endgame," Hans Kluge told AFP in an interview, adding that Omicron could infect 60 percent of Europeans by March.

Are they taking future variants into consideration?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 25, 2022 21:59

skytrench

Neil Young's preachings? WTF? He doesn't need Spotify or their nickels and dimes. If Neil actually NEEDED money he would do a tour which he will not do now because he doesn't want his fans to get sick. Neil needs to tour no more than Mick needs to tour.

I guess everyone who doesn't believe in your nonsense is a preacher. confused smiley

Date: January 25, 2022 22:18

NashvilleBlues

No, I think the hope is that with widespread omicron infections the population will be protected for at least 6 months. This should apply to future variants based on omicron as well. If that's the case most restrictions could be lifted soon. What happens next fall is anyone's guess.

As for Neil preaching, I have always considered lyrics as a form of preaching.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 25, 2022 22:34

Ironic that Neil once had a tour called 'Freedom of Speech'.

Date: January 25, 2022 23:46

terraplane

How is that ironic? He's exercising his FOS, and is just refusing to share the same platform with someone he intensely disagrees with.

Isn't he exercising his freedom of speech? Freedom to call out what he understands is garbage, and causing unnecessary additional death?

And as a BONUS, least he's not spewing lies.

Date: January 25, 2022 23:49

skytrench
NashvilleBlues

No, I think the hope is that with widespread omicron infections the population will be protected for at least 6 months. This should apply to future variants based on omicron as well. If that's the case most restrictions could be lifted soon. What happens next fall is anyone's guess.

Well with that argument, you could consider everything ever written, including on this thread, a form a preaching.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 26, 2022 00:03

skytrench

Of course you do.....yawning smiley

Date: January 26, 2022 00:45

treaclefingers
terraplane

How is that ironic? He's exercising his FOS, and is just refusing to share the same platform with someone he intensely disagrees with.

Isn't he exercising his freedom of speech? Freedom to call out what he understands is garbage, and causing unnecessary additional death?

Yes, he is exercising his freedom of speech and there is nothing wrong with that. Apparently, he disagrees when others exercise theirs. Who decides what is disinformation? You? Neil Young? The government? Slippery slope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-26 00:51 by terraplane.

Date: January 26, 2022 01:10

terraplane
treaclefingers
terraplane

Yes, he is exercising his freedom of speech and there is nothing wrong with that. Apparently, he disagrees when others exercise theirs. Who decides what is disinformation? You? Neil Young? The government? Slippery slope.

Well my problem with the U.S., if I understand it correctly, is that 'anything goes' as far as freedom of speech is concerned.

Is that actually true?

See, I don't agree that you should be allowed to tell lies that result in the death of people. Something in me says that your right to spew lies doesn't trump other peoples right to be alive.

So we're going to have some disagreement in terms of philosophy.

Freedom of certain types of speech should not create a disproportionately large chance to die. It just isn't logical.

Date: January 26, 2022 01:19

Seems like Neil is practicing 'Freedom of Silencing'
Is it not for me to decide what I want to believe?
If some artist sings about living fast and dying young, then he should be banned?

Date: January 26, 2022 01:32

treaclefingers
terraplane
treaclefingers
terraplane

Well my problem with the U.S., if I understand it correctly, is that 'anything goes' as far as freedom of speech is concerned.

Is that actually true?

See, I don't agree that you should be allowed to tell lies that result in the death of people. Something in me says that your right to spew lies doesn't trump other peoples right to be alive.

Freedom of certain types of speech should not create a disproportionately large chance to die. It just isn't logical.

Yes, a philosophical disagreement more than anything. There is no evidence and (I don't believe) that people that watch a Joe Rogan podcast will be easily conned or manipulated.

Equally, there is no evidence that people that watch Fauci on CNN will be easily conned or manipulated.

Governments though do have a track record of lying.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-26 01:37 by terraplane.

Date: January 26, 2022 01:47

terraplane
treaclefingers
terraplane
treaclefingers
terraplane

Is that actually true?

Yes, a philosophical disagreement more than anything. There is no evidence and (I don't believe) that people that watch a Joe Rogan podcast will be easily conned or manipulated.

Equally, there is no evidence that people that watch Fauci on CNN will be easily conned or manipulated.

Governments though do have a track record of lying.

Well that I disagree with because I see it first hand. I've actually had people tell me they listen to Rogan, and are not getting vaxxed.

Got a lot of antivaxxers in my community. And they're all getting sick at the moment.

Date: January 26, 2022 01:57

Did they say they are not getting vaxxed because of Joe Rogan or were they already not getting vaxxed and just happen to watch Joe Rogan?

As far as I know the issue is he had Robert Malone on and that was only just a few weeks ago. I don't have Spotify and don't follow Joe Rogan so I am not sure if he often talks about COVID.

In my circle all the fully vaxxed are as sick as dogs. Some with myocarditis. As far as I know I have never gotten the spicy cough. If I did, it has done nothing to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-26 02:22 by terraplane.

Date: January 26, 2022 05:16

terraplane
Did they say they are not getting vaxxed because of Joe Rogan or were they already not getting vaxxed and just happen to watch Joe Rogan?

As far as I know the issue is he had Robert Malone on and that was only just a few weeks ago. I don't have Spotify and don't follow Joe Rogan so I am not sure if he often talks about COVID.

In my circle all the fully vaxxed are as sick as dogs. Some with myocarditis. As far as I know I have never gotten the spicy cough. If I did, it has done nothing to me.

I don't listen to Rogan, but apparently COVID is a topic. You're right to some extent, in that they were probably already nonvaxxers, listening to Rogan.

So it reaffirms their predisposition. Probably no way to know for what would happen if he came out and said, "you know what, get vaxxed, I did, I'm fine and now I'm not worried about COVID".

I know of no one that has myocarditis and I know of a few people that have died of covid, one a school friend, several that survived intubation and some that just ended up in the hospital.

But everything I'm offering up is anecdotal, as is your personal experience. But if you don't 'trust' the government and statistics, nothing anyone will tell you can change your mind.

Interesting thing recently, an antivaxx friend was distraught about Meatloaf dying and when I pointed out it was because of COVID, she said, "yeah, but that's apparently because he decided to get the vaxx...he died of the vaxx, not COVID."

It's a clarifying moment when you realize that people will say ANYTHING to support their narrative, and they'd rather die than be wrong.

It's ridiculous, but I've seen enough of it now to know that you can't do anything about it but try and be supportive, particularly when they have a bad outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-26 05:18 by treaclefingers.

Date: January 26, 2022 09:35

While most patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) present with mild or moderate symptoms, 15% may develop severe pneumonia, 5% develop acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), septic shock, and multiple organ failure. Some patients may also experience arthralgia or arthritis. Cases of reactive arthritis have been reported during or after COVID-19. With the approval of the use of COVID-19 vaccines, the vaccination program was started in our country and is still continuing.Here we present two patients who developed arthritis after COVID-19 vaccination.

NIH

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: January 26, 2022 09:51

I posted before what Dr Yan said about this and she said two years ago
exactly what was going to happen and it has played out precisely as she explained.
Vax, don’t Vax, point fingers at each other, call names. It doesn’t matter, this isn’t going to end.
It is interesting to the point of entertainment watching people turn on each other even though none of us have any idea what is happening.
We are just looking at screens,TVs iPhones iPads that show data and opinions coming from people we have never met, the reality is who do you choose to believe? What straw do you grasp?

Maybe that highly credentialed scientist you’re putting your faith in took a 9 million dollar grant from someone who wants them to shut up, who knows?
It comes down to - who do you trust?
I know who I believe and if I’m right we are FCKD.

Date: January 26, 2022 10:34

Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself Dandy. Look into acupuncture if you haven't already.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 26, 2022 10:41

Always when I heard that the omicron variant only causes mild infecting I have to think of the all too well known situation in Indian restaurants. Every time you ask the waiter if a meal is spicey the answer is 'veeery mild' but every time it burns like hell

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 26, 2022 11:58

Damn, Dandy, so very sorry to hear it. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Date: January 26, 2022 12:58

Denmark will remove all covid-19 restrictions as from Tuesday February 1, according to a statement from the Danish Health Minister.

Bjornulf

Date: January 26, 2022 13:18

Wow, one can only hope other nations can follow suit, due to the life saving mildness of the dominating omicron variant. Halftime score: Nature 1 - Science 0. A big thanks to South Africa!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 26, 2022 14:25

The hope and widespread scientific belief is that Covid is beginning the journey towards effectively being just another "common cold"...

...The problem is that they can't as yet be quite sure

Date: January 26, 2022 17:56

The Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI) today published their latest Covid-19 risk assessment. Covid-19 in Norway is now mainly Omicron variants BA.1 and BA.2, spreading fast. With a high percentage of vaccination, and stable numbers of hospitalizations, FHI do recommend that most rules and regulations related to Covid-19 in Norway being removed soon.

Currently the main problem in Norway related to Covid-19 is the fact that as many as one in three are home sick, especially in schools, teachers testing two times per day, when moving around between classes, kindergardens having similar issues. So even if not many die or end up in hospitals, many can not work or go to school. Restrictions will just delay the covid-19 peak, that is why FHI are recommending just opening up soon. Also they recommend anyone still not vaccinated to get vaccinated, as the majority of covid-19 cases in hospitals are now unvaccinated.

Bjornulf

Date: January 26, 2022 18:23

bv
Also they recommend anyone still not vaccinated to get vaccinated, as the majority of covid-19 cases in hospitals are now unvaccinated.

I agree with the recommendations for the vulnerable, but it is not true that the majority of covid-19 cases in Norwegian hospitals are now unvaccinated. According to:

[www.fhi.no]

(google translate snippet)
Among 130 new patients admitted to hospitals in Norway with covid-19 as the main cause in week 3, 38 (29%) were unvaccinated, 37 (28%) were vaccinated with two doses and 48 (37%) were vaccinated with three doser.

Date: January 26, 2022 18:41

skytrench
bv
Also they recommend anyone still not vaccinated to get vaccinated, as the majority of covid-19 cases in hospitals are now unvaccinated.

I agree with the recommendations for the vulnerable, but it is not true that the majority of covid-19 cases in Norwegian hospitals are now unvaccinated. According to:

[www.fhi.no]

(google translate snippet)
Among 130 new patients admitted to hospitals in Norway with covid-19 as the main cause in week 3, 38 (29%) were unvaccinated, 37 (28%) were vaccinated with two doses and 48 (37%) were vaccinated with three doser.

That's for one week only. And the vaccinated who were admitted to hospital were ancient and vulnerable.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...334335336337338339340341342343344Next
Current Page: 342 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1196
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home