Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...328329330331332333334335336337338...LastNext
Current Page: 333 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 3, 2022 16:52

Nate
This pandemic will not end until news outlets stop creating ridiculous headlines like the one above.Does the world really need to know every time someone in government or some other person of notoriety contracts covid.There are far more important and interesting subjects to cover.

Nate

This is not to inform you that some one is positive it's only to convince them to take the booster confused smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 3, 2022 17:42

NICOS
Nate
This pandemic will not end until news outlets stop creating ridiculous headlines like the one above.Does the world really need to know every time someone in government or some other person of notoriety contracts covid.There are far more important and interesting subjects to cover.

Nate

This is not to inform you that some one is positive it's only to convince them to take the booster confused smiley

well, that's the way mass media works: personalize everything. And that's how mass media's audiences works: personalization catches attention. If you have a scientists who explains something nobody listens. If people read famous person X has been infected by Covid people might think: if somebody like him/her caught Covid I might als catch it so I should better be careful

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: January 3, 2022 17:54

Today german shepherds arranged 700 animals in the shape of a syringe for awareness or whatever. Nothing ironic at all about that

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 3, 2022 17:57

NICOS
Nate

Nate

Booster was taken.....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2022 18:20

Nate

Nate

How is the headline ridiculous? It's just reporting something. I guess you're saying it's being over-reported?

But whether you agree with reporting what a certain media outlet deems as significant, the world is on a massive upswing currently in terms of case increases so don't be surprised if it gets reported.

If this is a problem for you, don't watch the news.

In fact, why are you on this thread all the time if it bothers you so much? Why put yourself through so much angst?

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 3, 2022 19:03

Nikkei
Today german shepherds arranged 700 animals in the shape of a syringe for awareness or whatever. Nothing ironic at all about that

Those are some smart dogs to be able to arrange 700 animals to do this! I have a hard time getting my German Shepherd to sit and shake hands - although he knows how to beg for a cookie....smoking smiley

Date: January 3, 2022 19:18

I became aware of that additional layer of irony only after posting it

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 3, 2022 19:46

treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

How is the headline ridiculous? It's just reporting something. I guess you're saying it's being over-reported?

But whether you agree with reporting what a certain media outlet deems as significant, the world is on a massive upswing currently in terms of case increases so don't be surprised if it gets reported.

In fact, why are you on this thread all the time if it bothers you so much? Why put yourself through so much angst?

Is the guy dead or in hospital no he's not.If you believe that someone hanging around at home for a few days instead of being able to attend the office is a news story then ok but personally I find it laughable that this is reported.

Nate

Date: January 3, 2022 19:57

Nate
treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

Is the guy dead or in hospital no he's not.If you believe that someone hanging around at home for a few days instead of being able to attend the office is a news story then ok but personally I find it laughable that this is reported.

Nate

You let it bother you. Do you know how much news is reported everyday that is irrelevant to most people? You get yourself all worked up over nothing.

Chill out you'll live longer, assuming you're following local COVID 19 protocols.

Date: January 3, 2022 20:26

I am certainly not getting worked up over it I just find it funny that some people deem this news worthy when there are many more important things going on in the world.

I have broken many laws including covid rules and will continue to do so with no detrimental affect to anyones health including my own.

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2022 21:05

treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

There's also the fact that Lloyd Austin is the Secretary of Defense of the US - one of the most powerful positions for one of the super powers of the world, and sixth in line for the Presidency.
Might not be newsworty to Nate, but it should be for just about everyone else in the world due to the significance and/or consequences if he were to become seriously ill.
But I guess Nate is more interested in unfounded conspiracies while downplaying the seriousness of the pandemic, and trying to convince everyone else how brave he is with his stance.
No biggie - his posts can be interesting for a different perspective, and there seems to be room for every viewpoint in this thread without censorship.

Nate
I have broken many laws including covid rules and will continue to do so...

Bravo Nate.

Date: January 3, 2022 21:47

How do you arrive at the conclusion that someone is a conspiracy theorist simply because they won't tolerate covid rules and regulations anymore and view the pandemic as an inconvenience rather than a tragedy.

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2022 21:59

Your words speak for themselves Nate.

"the pandemic as an inconvenience rather than a tragedy".

Apprx. 5.44 millions deaths around the world would say otherwise, but you keep downplaying it all - I'm certainly not stopping you.

Date: January 3, 2022 22:08

Hairball
Your words speak for themselves Nate.

"the pandemic as an inconvenience rather than a tragedy".

Apprx. 5.44 millions deaths around the world would say otherwise, but you keep downplaying it all - I'm certainly not stopping you.

Viewing it as an inconvenience rather than a tragedy doesn't equate to being a conspiracy theorist.I have never believed anything other than covid is a real disease that has killed many people I just don't want my life put on hold in order to extend the life of a 90 year old bingo playing care home resident.

Nate

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: January 3, 2022 22:12

Hairball
Apprx. 5.44 millions deaths around the world

We should also ask ourselves how many of these people would have died anyway without the pandemic? How many people die every year? Statistics can be misleading.

Edit: About 56 million people died worldwide in 2017

[ourworldindata.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-03 22:24 by skytrench.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 3, 2022 22:29

Nate
Viewing it as an inconvenience rather than a tragedy doesn't equate to being a conspiracy theorist.I have never believed anything other than covid is a real disease that has killed many people I just don't want my life put on hold in order to extend the life of a 90 year old bingo playing care home resident.

Nate

Clearly gaslighting as we all know (even you) this isn't a serious comparison.

But even if it were serious, and we even upped the anti to life for life vs just you being inconvenienced, I'd vote for playing bingo with granny or gramps. Good chance they earned it, in comparison to this reckless selfish attitude.

[data.unicef.org]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2022 22:45

skytrench
Hairball

We should also ask ourselves how many of these people would have died anyway without the pandemic? How many people die every year? Statistics can be misleading.

[ourworldindata.org]

We should ask ourselves how many conspiracy theories it is possible to spread online. The link posted above is 2017 data, missing Covid-19 numbers.

Covid-19 deaths in USA are approx 850,000 from March 2020 until Dec 31, 2021 (Worldometer live data). With approx 450,000 deaths per year, this makes Covid-19 the 3rd most most common death factor in USA.

COVID helped cause the biggest drop in U.S. life expectancy since WWII (PBS Dec 22, 2021)

COVID-19 helped erase 1.8 years from the average American’s life expectancy in 2020, according to the latest federal mortality data released Wednesday, marking the greatest change in the American lifespan since World War II. During that one brutal year, COVID-19 became the third-most common cause of death in the United States, with one out of 10 fatalities due to the virus.

In 2020, before the COVID vaccines were widely available, life expectancy plummeted to 77 years, down 1.8 years from 78.8 years in 2019 for the entire population, the new data shows.

Heart disease and cancer are still the most common killers in the U.S., according to the latest data. Heart disease was linked to 168 deaths out of 100,000 people, while cancer caused 144 deaths per 100,000. Occasionally, the two causes swap places year to year, but together they were responsible for nearly 40 percent of all deaths in 2020.

During the coronavirus’ first year, COVID-19 made an astounding – and terrible – debut – as the third-leading cause of U.S. deaths. At 85 deaths per 100,000 people, it outpaced more familiar health problems such as stroke, Alzheimer’s disease and diabetes. Because physicians were learning how to identify patients infected with coronavirus in real time and may have misdiagnosed them, Anderson said these death figures are “almost certainly an undercount.”

Bjornulf

Date: January 3, 2022 22:53

The thing is, when I read "Average American life" that alone makes me think about mortality. The tragedy bit is beginning to sound hollow when promoting healthy lifestyles is taboo in the context.

Date: January 3, 2022 23:00

MisterDDDD
Nate

Nate

Clearly gaslighting as we all know (even you) this isn't a serious comparison.

But even if it were serious, and we even upped the anti to life for life vs just you being inconvenienced, I'd vote for playing bingo with granny or gramps. Good chance they earned it, in comparison to this reckless selfish attitude.

[data.unicef.org]

Be in no doubt that you are conversing with someone that would willingly throw someone overboard on a sinking ship in order to grab the last place on the lifeboat.

The difference is that I don't masquerade around here as mother Teresa unlike some others.

Nate

Posted by: chris girard ()
Date: January 3, 2022 23:07

I'm in a suburb of DC, indoor mask mandates just were reimposed in my county. COVID is spreading pretty fast here. So far our hospitals are not too bad, but the majority of the population is vaccinated in the northeast part of the US, the south is lagging way behind with getting the shots. Among our friends as of today, we know of at least 10 people who have COVID, but all have had their shots, they;re sick at home and no one is in the hospital. Get your shot, wear a mask, you may still get COVID but you probably won't die or end up in the hospital. All the theaters here require you to show your vaccination cards, and some restaurants are starting to do that also. We were in Canada this summer and every place wanted to see your vaccination card. I'm afraid this will be with us for awhile.

Date: January 3, 2022 23:26

Nate
How do you arrive at the conclusion that someone is a conspiracy theorist simply because they won't tolerate covid rules and regulations anymore and view the pandemic as an inconvenience rather than a tragedy.

Nate

You sound like a bit of a nerd declaring you break rules including COVID.

Quit trying so hard to be cool and accept the fact you're not.

Date: January 3, 2022 23:34

skytrench
Hairball

[ourworldindata.org]

Ridiculous. It's like saying "well she was pushed down a flight of stairs by her friend and died. But she was 91, so probably wasn't going to last too much longer anyway". Still murder.

You're view is pretty self-serving, presuming you're younger and healthier. And I suppose it wouldn't matter to you if it was your parent or grandparent that died because of it. OK, so imagine it's you at age 75 or 80 and the younger punks didn't give a sh*t about you because you've only got a few years left to go anyway.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 3, 2022 23:34

Can't some of you just accept that some people are getting totally nuts with this whole covid issue .................

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: January 3, 2022 23:37

bv
skytrench
Hairball

[ourworldindata.org]

We should ask ourselves how many conspiracy theories it is possible to spread online. The link posted above is 2017 data, missing Covid-19 numbers.

It was on purpose that I choose a 'normal' year to compare with the present. Conspiracy theories are not something for me as a radical non-believer in that kind of stuff.

bv
Covid-19 deaths in USA are approx 850,000 from March 2020 until Dec 31, 2021 (Worldometer live data). With approx 450,000 deaths per year, this makes Covid-19 the 3rd most most common death factor in USA.

In comparison to 2017, where there were about 300,000 deaths from respiratory diseases, 450,000 is an increase of 50%. Massive. But then we should also factor in the persons who died with and not of Covid. 25% ? Now we are on shaky ground and I would hate to conclude too much from what I don't know.

bv
COVID helped cause the biggest drop in U.S. life expectancy since WWII (PBS Dec 22, 2021)

COVID-19 helped erase 1.8 years from the average American’s life expectancy in 2020, according to the latest federal mortality data released Wednesday, marking the greatest change in the American lifespan since World War II. During that one brutal year, COVID-19 became the third-most common cause of death in the United States, with one out of 10 fatalities due to the virus.

In 2020, before the COVID vaccines were widely available, life expectancy plummeted to 77 years, down 1.8 years from 78.8 years in 2019 for the entire population, the new data shows.

Those are shocking numbers, if they can be attributed directly to Covid-19 and without knowing who pbs are, I will take their data as factual.

I don't think we disagree on the fundamentals, although I believe that it is healthy to question everything, to the extreme even, in order to raise understanding and establish reality.

Date: January 4, 2022 00:08

treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

Just accept that fact that there are people who like to speak their mind and couldn’t care less what others think about it.

My admittance to breaking rules was in response to someone posting that my health would be ok if I followed Covid protocols.My health is perfectly fine thank you and I don’t need superfluous Covid rules to keep it that way.

Feel free to walk around with a nappy on your face if you desire but don’t ever expect me to comply.

Nate

Date: January 4, 2022 00:22

Nate
treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

Just accept that fact that there are people who like to speak their mind and couldn’t care less what others think about it.

My admittance to breaking rules was in response to someone posting that my health would be ok if I followed Covid protocols.My health is perfectly fine thank you and I don’t need superfluous Covid rules to keep it that way.

Feel free to walk around with a nappy on your face if you desire but don’t ever expect me to comply.

Nate

You should know that despite always fighting authority, authority tends to triumph.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 4, 2022 00:27

Nate
treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

Nate

....tough, tough, tough, tough, ....

Date: January 4, 2022 00:41

No doubt that if I was residing in North Korea I would be dealt with severely but fortunately I live in the U.K. where the consequences of non compliance of Covid rules are as laughable as the rules themselves.

Nate

Date: January 4, 2022 01:12

Nate
No doubt that if I was residing in North Korea I would be dealt with severely but fortunately I live in the U.K. where the consequences of non compliance of Covid rules are as laughable as the rules themselves.

Nate

The thing that is quite laughable, if you are watching, is your 'tude.

It's almost adorable how 'dangerous' you think you are.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 4, 2022 05:41

Indiana life insurance CEO says deaths are up 40% among people ages 18-64

(The Center Square) – The head of Indianapolis-based insurance company OneAmerica said the death rate is up a stunning 40% from pre-pandemic levels among working-age people.

“We are seeing, right now, the highest death rates we have seen in the history of this business – not just at OneAmerica,” the company’s CEO Scott Davison said during an online news conference this week. “The data is consistent across every player in that business.”

The Centre Square

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...328329330331332333334335336337338...LastNext
Current Page: 333 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home