Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...315316317318319320321322323324325...LastNext
Current Page: 320 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 13, 2021 00:39

Rockman

THE AGE ---- 13 December 2021

I've heard that many vaccines in one day can convert a kiwi into an aussie.

It's true, I'll find the link somewhere and post it!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 13, 2021 01:03

treaclefingers

I thought that was beer.

Date: December 13, 2021 02:27

SomeTorontoGirl
treaclefingers

I thought that was beer.

As well as too many shrimp on the barbie, several ways for it to happen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 13, 2021 02:49

.... narrr narrr ya gotta be born 'ere mate ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 13, 2021 03:18

Rockman
.... narrr narrr ya gotta be born 'ere mate ....

Nah...just need me a 24 pack of Foster's!

Date: December 13, 2021 04:16

FOSTERS!!!!
Narrr Narrr... that's for girly-breaths ....

Melbourne Bitter is the one or Victorian Bitter..... glug glug ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 13, 2021 06:01

Rockman
FOSTERS!!!!

Your a bitter man Rockman, but I'll heed thee advice!

Date: December 13, 2021 06:08

trust me ..... Fosters is for sillies ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 13, 2021 07:48

Rockman
FOSTERS!!!!

Fosters is an appalling beer. Thank goodness Australians have the good sense to not actually drink the stuff! An Australian brand; not an Australian beer.

Date: December 13, 2021 08:07

Yeah thats the way Al .....

Its too strong for the Americans
so they send it over to the pommies
so they can pretend they're Aussie's ....... HHHaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: December 13, 2021 15:48

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 13, 2021 16:07

Yes and a grand total of ten people in hospital in the U.K. with omicron and these idiots are keen to start imposing more restrictions.After the recent revelations concerning party’s at Downing Street I don’t think many people will be complying with restrictions this Christmas.

Nate

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 13, 2021 16:34

Rockman

You should see Outback Steakhouse. Designer's weird nightmare of an Aussie restaurant. It's hilarious in a creepy sort of way. & the food isn't very good...haha

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: December 13, 2021 16:56

crholmstrom
Rockman

You should see Outback Steakhouse. Designer's weird nightmare of an Aussie restaurant. It's hilarious in a creepy sort of way. & the food isn't very good...haha

Never had an actual Blooming Onion but I was intrigued by seeing them online and tried to recreate it at home

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 13, 2021 17:26

Big Al
Rockman
FOSTERS!!!!

Fosters is an appalling beer. Thank goodness Australians have the good sense to not actually drink the stuff! An Australian brand; not an Australian beer.

Hey! I love Fosters!! And Dos Equis XX (and Dos Equis XX Amber!).
Those are my goto's! (and ... bud light ** hides head in shame)

Date: December 13, 2021 18:49

LeonidP
Big Al
Rockman
FOSTERS!!!!

Well, Fosters is brewed a little stronger on non-U.K. territories. Here, it’s a measly 4.0abv, whereas it’s, I think, around 5% elsewhere. The stronger variant used to be available in the U.K. and labelled as ‘Fosters Export’ I haven’t had it in an age, but admittedly, do remember it tasting a little nicer.

I just always felt it a joke: such an ‘authentic’ Aussie beer, that no-one down-under actually drinks. It’d be interesting to view it’s sales, there. As Rockman alluded: it’s an American beer, as it’s founders were American; from New York, I believe.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 13, 2021 19:11

Norway do have the highest numbers of the omicron variant in Europe right now. There will be a press conference at 8pm local time today, announcing something that may look like a new lock down in some form. Currently there are more people in hospital in Norway from covid-19, than at any time during the pandemic.

UK are experiencing a dramatic increase in omicron spread, same with Denmark. Fully vaccinated people are protected from serious illness, but more than 30% are not vaccinated at all in Europe. They say Omicron will be totally dominant in 3 weeks time, and multiplying the number of cases every 2-3 days, unless dramatic changes are done in how people live and act.

UK's Johnson warns of Omicron 'tidal wave', says two doses not enough (Reuters)

Norway to tighten COVID-19 restrictions, PM says (Reuters)

Preliminary findings from study after Christmas party in Oslo (FHI Norway)

Bjornulf

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 14, 2021 03:42

The Omicron wave of the coronavirus pandemic is being driven by “young, healthy, vaccinated” people, according to the World Health Organisation.

Data from countries including the UK, Denmark and South Africa show a similar pattern of infection with the new variant, which has now been detected in more than 60 countries including Australia.

“Generally those first cases are in relatively young, relatively healthy and – in the context of Europe – in relatively highly vaccinated groups,” Dr Catherine Smallwood, a senior emergency officer at the World Health Organisation’s Europe office, told the UK’s Telegraph.

news.com.au

Date: December 14, 2021 05:35

Big Al
LeonidP
Big Al
Rockman
FOSTERS!!!!

Well, Fosters is brewed a little stronger on non-U.K. territories. Here, it’s a measly 4.0abv, whereas it’s, I think, around 5% elsewhere. The stronger variant used to be available in the U.K. and labelled as ‘Fosters Export’ I haven’t had it in an age, but admittedly, do remember it tasting a little nicer.

I just always felt it a joke: such an ‘authentic’ Aussie beer, that no-one down-under actually drinks. It’d be interesting to view it’s sales, there. As Rockman alluded: it’s an American beer, as it’s founders were American; from New York, I believe.

I like them for the taste. Lately I've been addicted to craft brew houses w/ home brews and most now carry "sour beer", some ok, some great! I also found a Victory sour brand: Sour Monkey, which I like, but doubtful that is available in Aussie land.

Date: December 15, 2021 03:54

THE AGE ---- 15 December 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 15, 2021 04:06

LeonidP
Big Al
LeonidP
Big Al
Rockman
FOSTERS!!!!

I like them for the taste. Lately I've been addicted to craft brew houses w/ home brews and most now carry "sour beer", some ok, some great! I also found a Victory sour brand: Sour Monkey, which I like, but doubtful that is available in Aussie land.

Yeah, that's my new favorite, sours!

If you like malt vinegar with your fish and chips, I'd imagine you'd like a sour beer.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 15, 2021 15:13

As of today Wednesday December 15, Norway is starting a minimum period of four weeks of rules and regulations aiming at control of the covid-19 spread:

- Alcohol ban in bars and restaurants
- Max 50 people at indoor events
- Max 10 guests in private homes
- Mask mandate in crowded areas
- Work from home if possible
- Third vaccine dose to all age 45+ in four weeks

Schools are still open, but some start holiday seasons early due to high infection rates.

Norway vaccination rate is more than 90% among adults 18+, but hospitals are filling up with non-vaccinated people. Now 60% of covid-19 intensive care patients are non-vaccinated, even if they are very few in the population percentage wise.

Bjornulf

Date: December 15, 2021 15:19

The two biggest cities, Oslo and Bergen, just closed the schools now...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 15, 2021 16:03

Rockman

Foster's is gnat's piss. Watery and flavourless.

Date: December 15, 2021 16:15

bv
As of today Wednesday December 15, Norway is starting a minimum period of four weeks of rules and regulations aiming at control of the covid-19 spread:

- Alcohol ban in bars and restaurants
- Max 50 people at indoor events
- Max 10 guests in private homes
- Mask mandate in crowded areas
- Work from home if possible
- Third vaccine dose to all age 45+ in four weeks

Schools are still open, but some start holiday seasons early due to high infection rates.

Norway vaccination rate is more than 90% among adults 18+, but hospitals are filling up with non-vaccinated people. Now 60% of covid-19 intensive care patients are non-vaccinated, even if they are very few in the population percentage wise.

Very sad and I know that in my region, British Columbia, things are slowly moving in that direction as well. After months of daily infection declines VERY slowly we're seeing an uptick in the last couple of weeks as omicron is being identified as a small but growing percentage of new cases.

We have over 91% of adults double vaxxed and close to 90% over age 12. Age 5 and over close to 40% single vaxxed (vaccinations just opened up for that age group).

So...clearly this variant is going to become a problem everywhere.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 15, 2021 18:14

What are the official figures for worldwide severe cases and deaths from omicron so far?

Nate

Date: December 15, 2021 18:20

Nate
What are the official figures for worldwide severe cases and deaths from omicron so far?

Nate

Not sure, but certainly not, imo, enough to warrant shutdowns again (although I never thought there should have been shutdowns to begin with). Everything I have heard is that those that get it have mild symptoms.

Date: December 15, 2021 18:43

Boris is making another announcement this evening, 5pm GMT.

Whilst I don’t think we’ll enter another 2020-style lockdown quite yet, I fear restrictions will be back in place: limited numbers, table service, etc. Just long as businesses don’t have to close!

Date: December 15, 2021 18:47

LeonidP
Nate

Nate

Not sure, but certainly not, imo, enough to warrant shutdowns again (although I never thought there should have been shutdowns to begin with). Everything I have heard is that those that get it have mild symptoms.
]

Last year’s lockdown was soul destroying, yet, I have the tiniest bit of sympathy for towards those who made the call, as everything was more in it’s infancy. A lockdown now? No, it wouldn’t be the answer. Personally, I just want businesses to stay open: my vape shop; the pubs and restaurants...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 15, 2021 22:20

Big Al
LeonidP
Nate

Nate

]

Last year’s lockdown was soul destroying, yet, I have the tiniest bit of sympathy for towards those who made the call, as everything was more in it’s infancy. A lockdown now? No, it wouldn’t be the answer. Personally, I just want businesses to stay open: my vape shop; the pubs and restaurants...

Whatever "we" do, corona is going it's own way. Almost 80.000 positives today in the UK! Who cares? It would be interesting to see which mutation will become the "champion". Hopefully corona will be fed up by the time it gets marked as "omega". But you never know.
An American virologist predicted some 35 years ago, that us humans will be controlled by .... virusses well within half a Century. We had MERS and we had SARS, but the "crown" makes those two look like temporary hickups.
Is corona (Covid-19) the lasting one or will we be able to deal with it in the same way as HIV? Then there is hope ...

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...315316317318319320321322323324325...LastNext
Current Page: 320 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home