Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...309310311312313314315316317318319...LastNext
Current Page: 314 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Date: November 20, 2021 00:44

bv
The virus is not smart at all. There is 0% intelligence in a virus. The virus is moving on and mutating because some sick people manage to go out and meet many other people. The longer you are sick, the more mutants your body get.

If everybody stayed at home for one or two months, the virus would go away, but that would never happen in the western world, where some do have the opinion that personal freedom is more important than the health of other people.

It depends on the definition of "smart". Staying at home for two month globally, that's utopia I'm afraid. We can change the direction of a speedboat fast, but not the direction of a drifted oil tanker or a giant cruise ship.The Titanic was an unfortunate example.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 20, 2021 00:51

bv
The virus is not smart at all. There is 0% intelligence in a virus. The virus is moving on and mutating because some sick people manage to go out and meet many other people. The longer you are sick, the more mutants your body get.

If everybody stayed at home for one or two months, the virus would go away, but that would never happen in the western world, where some do have the opinion that personal freedom is more important than the health of other people.

Or as you put it earlier, no worries

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 20, 2021 00:53

bv

Yeah. You’re probably right. If the spring 2020 quarantine was truly a month-long quarantine for the world, Covid-19 would likely have been eliminated. Maybe some scientist here can correct me, if I’m wrong.

I fear our experiences with Covid as a whole (personal infections, information and misinformation, politics, etc.) will inevitably shape how we as the human race react to future pandemics, most likely for the worst.

Getting my booster shot tonight. Hell, I already have been microchipped with my first two vaccines, so what can a third do? winking smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 20, 2021 01:11

Nikkei
What sort of concerns me is the rate of people who even recover after being transferred from a ventilator to ECMO. Barely anyone makes it out alive, it's sort of prolonging the inevitable and must be an unimaginable strain on intensive care nurses

I was one to two days away from that before I stabilized and started to recover. I was lucky. I did not have a choice whether or not to take a shot or two or three. My perspective on this is different from most as a result.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 20, 2021 01:56

Nikkei
What sort of concerns me is the rate of people who even recover after being transferred from a ventilator to ECMO. Barely anyone makes it out alive, it's sort of prolonging the inevitable and must be an unimaginable strain on intensive care nurses

I'm not sure of the stats currently, but it was about 50/50 a year ago at least here in the U.S.

And a year ago I had covid, my O2 dropped into the 60s (anything below 80s is very bad) so went to the emergency room, no pnuemonia thankfully, but I was thinking I have a 50/50 chance of coming back home.

Was somewhat relieved when they sent me home with an oxygen tank instead of admitting me and putting me on a ventilator.

About a week later I was off oxygen, but I missed about 5 weeks of work and took even longer before I started to feel even close to normal again.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 20, 2021 02:39

bv

If the virus was dumb it wouldn't mutate ....but to survive it mutates and that is smart.

If everybody stayed at home for one or two months,

Answer is utopia in the world of globalization...........in 1910 it would work without staying home as 9,9999999 % of the people didn't travel more then 5 miles from there home

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2021 02:50

NICOS
bv

If the virus was dumb it wouldn't mutate ....but to survive it mutates and that is smart.

Answer is utopia in the world of globalization...........in 1910 it would work without staying home as 9,9999999 % of the people didn't travel more then 5 miles from there home

That's like saying evolution is done intelligently. It isn't. It's due to random 'errors' that occur during each generation of the virus that improve the chance of survival, and by doing that becomes a new 'dominant' strain. Innumerable other errors aren't 'better' so fail.

There is no central 'virus planning committee' making intelligent decisions.

Date: November 20, 2021 03:37

treaclefingers
NICOS
bv

That's like saying evolution is done intelligently. It isn't. It's due to random 'errors' that occur during each generation of the virus that improve the chance of survival, and by doing that becomes a new 'dominant' strain. Innumerable other errors aren't 'better' so fail.

That's like saying evolution is done intelligently.......... Yes............... if it's not interrupted my human....and errors are doomed to fail

There is no central 'virus planning committee' making intelligent decisions....Just let the wind flow and everything will be oke.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 20, 2021 03:40

treaclefingers
terraplane
Your immune system is being signed up to a subscription service.

Well, your immune system wasn't designed to adequately cope with a number of diseases, so thankfully we have the brainpower to figure out workarounds eh?

Not when the 'workaround' undermines your body's ability to fight off other disease.

Adaptive immunity plays a crucial role in fighting against SARS–CoV–2 infection and directly influences the clinical outcomes of patients. Clinical studies have indicated that patients with severe COVID–19 exhibit delayed and weak adaptive immune responses; however, the mechanism by which SARS–CoV–2 impedes adaptive immunity remains unclear. Here, by using an in vitro cell line, we report that the SARS–CoV–2 spike protein significantly inhibits DNA damage repair, which is required for effective V(D)J recombination in adaptive immunity. Mechanistically, we found that the spike protein localizes in the nucleus and inhibits DNA damage repair by impeding key DNA repair protein BRCA1 and 53BP1 recruitment to the damage site. Our findings reveal a potential molecular mechanism by which the spike protein might impede adaptive immunity and underscore the potential side effects of full-length spike-based vaccines.

Spike inhibits DNA damage repair

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 20, 2021 14:33

Riots in Rotterdam by protesters against restrcitions due to Covid. Stupid.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 20, 2021 14:58

MAF

Yes it is stupid to fight in the streets for this reason and it will not solve the problem but it is understandable that people are extremely tired and frustrated with these restrictions.The same thing will happen in more places if the authorities continue with this nonsense.

Nate

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 20, 2021 15:11

Nate
MAF

Yes it is stupid to fight in the streets for this reason and it will not solve the problem but it is understandable that people are extremely tired and frustrated with these restrictions.The same thing will happen in more places if the authorities continue with this nonsense.

Nate
Yep. And it is frustrating to see how incompetent politicians act or act too late. Scientists told them weeks and months ago exactly what is happening now: rising number of infections, more death cases etc. Now the next Covid wave is rolling.

Date: November 20, 2021 16:22

Nate
MAF

Nate

And the most frutating is that in my country they only write in the news if protest escalted with riots (mostly done by holligans) peaceful protest wil not mention in the news

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2021 16:25

I have been three months on this tour now. As I left home in Norway, nobody in Norway were using masks, bars were open until 03am in the morning, and the recommendation of keeping 1m i.e. 3ft apart was buried. They said the pandemic is over. Result: Now covid-19 is increasing rapidly, a new wave is coming, even if we have one of the highest vaccination rates in the world. Same all over Europe. The unvaccinated kids are driving the new wave, their parents bring the virus on to the elderly, and the lifetime expectancy is going down by a year or so many places.

Then I have seen what is happening here in USA during the tour. I have been living 3-14 days in twelve different states, from MA to MO and on to CA and TX and FL and so on. Early on, people in hotels, in the elevator, in breakfast areas, and on airports, and public transportation, had masks at all times, any state. It was said to be a federal mandate. During the last month, more and more people do NOT have masks in these places. Now here in Austin NOBODY have masks in elevators or at the crammed breakfast self service areas, where some are coughing loud, also many drop masks on airports, they pretend to be eating, then have the mask under the mouth and so on. The use of masks, one of the most powerful tools to prevent spread of virus, is in decline.

So even if we have all the tools, even if we do know how do get rid of the virus, there will be enough people who do not do as told, or mandated. We all know the virus is here, especially in crammed elevators, around the coffee machine, in the bar areas, where so many love to be.

There will be more waves every half year or so, until either everyone is vaccinated, or until the virus do mutate into a less fatal version.

- Carry your mask
- Keep a distance
- Get vaccinated

If we have waves in Europe next summer, like we have now, there will be no tour, of course, it is a matter of local rules and law. I am just saying.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 20, 2021 16:59

Amen to what bv said. Common sense.

Date: November 20, 2021 18:04

terraplane
treaclefingers
terraplane
Your immune system is being signed up to a subscription service.

Well, your immune system wasn't designed to adequately cope with a number of diseases, so thankfully we have the brainpower to figure out workarounds eh?

Not when the 'workaround' undermines your body's ability to fight off other disease.

Adaptive immunity plays a crucial role in fighting against SARS–CoV–2 infection and directly influences the clinical outcomes of patients. Clinical studies have indicated that patients with severe COVID–19 exhibit delayed and weak adaptive immune responses; however, the mechanism by which SARS–CoV–2 impedes adaptive immunity remains unclear. Here, by using an in vitro cell line, we report that the SARS–CoV–2 spike protein significantly inhibits DNA damage repair, which is required for effective V(D)J recombination in adaptive immunity. Mechanistically, we found that the spike protein localizes in the nucleus and inhibits DNA damage repair by impeding key DNA repair protein BRCA1 and 53BP1 recruitment to the damage site. Our findings reveal a potential molecular mechanism by which the spike protein might impede adaptive immunity and underscore the potential side effects of full-length spike-based vaccines.

Spike inhibits DNA damage repair

so to clarify, your solution is to get the disease instead? That's your strategy?

Date: November 20, 2021 18:11

NICOS
treaclefingers
NICOS
bv

That's like saying evolution is done intelligently.......... Yes............... if it's not interrupted my human....and errors are doomed to fail

There is no central 'virus planning committee' making intelligent decisions....Just let the wind flow and everything will be oke.

Well without a doubt this 'Darwinian' approach will have the perfect outcome, it just means that you'll also have innumerable carcasses along the way.

As I've previously opined, this approach works for some people in theory, until they are personally affected. Then they invariably have the 'come to Jesus moment'.

For the rest of us, we can appreciate other people's suffering so wouldn't subscribe to this approach.

Taken to the extreme with your philosophy, why have anti-virals, anti-bacterials, medicine at all?

Only the fittest to survive.

Date: November 20, 2021 18:28

treaclefingers
NICOS
treaclefingers
NICOS
bv

Well without a doubt this 'Darwinian' approach will have the perfect outcome, it just means that you'll also have innumerable carcasses along the way.

As I've previously opined, this approach works for some people in theory, until they are personally affected. Then they invariably have the 'come to Jesus moment'.

For the rest of us, we can appreciate other people's suffering so wouldn't subscribe to this approach.

Taken to the extreme with your philosophy, why have anti-virals, anti-bacterials, medicine at all?

Only the fittest to survive.

If it wasn't for the children, immunocompromised, elderly and health care workers I wouldn't care about the unvaccinated and whatever happens to them but the collateral damage of that approach is too high even if it means the overall IQ of the affected areas goes up with the death count. I am so done with the right wing my freedom anti-vaxxer BS holding the majority hostage and taking away my freedoms to enjoy life as we knew it.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: November 20, 2021 19:00

Well, daspyknows, even if everyone was vaccinated with the current vaccines, the sickness would still be spreading. Vaccinated elderly are getting hit harder than unvaccinated youth. Lately, new medications like PAXLOVID from Pfizer are being authorized to treat the infected before they get seriously ill, though initial prices are very expensive.

Date: November 20, 2021 19:10

skytrench
Well, daspyknows, even if everyone was vaccinated with the current vaccines, the sickness would still be spreading. Vaccinated elderly are getting hit harder than unvaccinated youth. Lately, new medications like PAXLOVID from Pfizer are being authorized to treat the infected before they get seriously ill, though initial prices are very expensive.

Let's agree to disagree on that one. If everyone was vaccinated there would be fewer infected people who would get infected. Vaccinated people are less likely to catch it and thus less likely to spread it. Vaccinated older people are not catching it from vaccinated people but largely unvaccinated.

If people had gotten vaccinated when vaccines became available the delta wave would have smoldered instead of being a wildfire. That is controllable. People dying and in hospitals are over 90% unvaccinated. It is a math exercise to understand the reproduction rates.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2021 19:23

skytrench
..even if everyone was vaccinated with the current vaccines, the sickness would still be spreading..

Deaths wouldn't be.

Date: November 20, 2021 19:37

MisterDDDD
skytrench
..even if everyone was vaccinated with the current vaccines, the sickness would still be spreading..

Deaths wouldn't be.

The vast majority of deaths from Covid now are people who chose not to take the vaccine and for authorities to still be implementing restrictions in order to save these lives is laughable.I for one will not be complying with anything else the U.K. government decides to implement from now on.

Vaccine in the arm mask in the bin and to hell with the rest of it.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 19:38 by Nate.

Date: November 20, 2021 20:20

Nate
MisterDDDD
skytrench

Deaths wouldn't be.

The vast majority of deaths from Covid now are people who chose not to take the vaccine and for authorities to still be implementing restrictions in order to save these lives is laughable.I for one will not be complying with anything else the U.K. government decides to implement from now on.

================================================================================

Hi Nate, As a U.K. resident myself, I’d be interested to know where you got the information from about the unvaccinated being the majority of those dying from Covid. You’d think word would get round their “community” and they’d change their minds about having the jab.
I’m not saying your statement is false but it would be interesting to examine the source of the information.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2021 20:27

There are many non-vaccinated people who die now, not a big surprise. Meanwhile, before they die, they bring the virus on to their brothers, sisters, children, parents, friends, nursing homes, and so on, and they make the virus available to those who are at risk.

Bjornulf

Date: November 20, 2021 20:56

Yes, the vaccines are surely containing the deaths among the vulnerable, and like daspyknows mentioned, fewer infected people will become seriously ill with covid when vaccinated. Will freedoms return if everyone is vaccinated? Many elderly are dying despite their current vaccine protection, so they probably need more measures, that will impede usual freedom.

It's also speculative to claim vaccinated older people are getting infected from the unvaccinated, we don't really know, since Covid status/testing is pretty much something the unvaccinated are obliged to do.

Is it only the unvaccinated dying?

For example, in the UK, in the over 80s, there were 1,209 reported deaths in fully vaccinated people, compared to 143 deaths in unvaccinated people and 40 deaths of partially vaccinated people, in data covering the period from 23rd September to 24 October. Bearing in mind most 80+ are vaccinated.

Date: November 20, 2021 21:11

If talking about covid deaths in the over 80s then the majority may be vaccinated as the vaccines don't work so well in that age group but if you look at all ages then surely it is the unvaccinated that account for the majority of covid deaths.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 21:11 by Nate.

Date: November 20, 2021 21:35

There is still a fair amount of deaths among the vaccinated in the below 50 groups, although it's less than for the unvaccinated. These are absolute numbers and should be held up against the percentage of the group who were fully jabbed.

Date: November 20, 2021 22:33

MAF

Those people were 90 % hooligans and people aggressive towards Firemen, Ambulance workers and policemen that got attacked. Nothing to do with a democratic anti 2G protest. Those aggressors just blew it for people who wanted to make a political statement, true or false.

Date: November 20, 2021 22:52

Nate
MisterDDDD
skytrench

Deaths wouldn't be.

Nate

That's the spirit!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 20, 2021 23:22

For many, it's a very simple choice. If you need a paycheck to survive, you'll get vaccinated. It really isn't much more complex than that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...309310311312313314315316317318319...LastNext
Current Page: 314 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home