Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...308309310311312313314315316317318...LastNext
Current Page: 313 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 19, 2021 04:11

Doxa
Indeed. And any misinformation is backed by a political agenda, or a plain stupidity)

I don't really think so, just too much information to interpret for us amateur doctors. There's no 100% right answer.

Are there some adverse reactions to the vaccine? Sure, just like every vaccine. Does that mean your odds are worse than getting covid? Probably not.

I just read 1 study that said covid may be worse if you're on statins. Followed by one that said it would be milder if your on statins.

We went from masks won't do anything to wear 2 until your vaccinated and don't have to. And now back to wear them anyway.

New information changes things. And I think we still have a lot to learn about this virus.

Just read new studies show it causes tinnitus too, which is great news for all us concert goers, angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-19 04:13 by kovach.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 19, 2021 13:03

Wow I just read on the BBC website that Austria is making the vaccine compulsory from February onwards.This is shocking,outrageous and completely the wrong way forward I believe.

Nate

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 19, 2021 13:09

I have my booster jab booked for next Saturday, 27 November. Whilst I will always go along with what's recommended, I'm certainly not so keen this time around. How frequently are these going to be required, exactly? Every 6 months for an eternity?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 19, 2021 13:15

Nate
Wow I just read on the BBC website that Austria is making the vaccine compulsory from February onwards.This is shocking,outrageous and completely the wrong way forward I believe.

Nate

Yeah, I am in agreement. Whilst I think it right to have the vaccines, I no-longer care if others don't. It should be a choice. My partner is double-jabbed, but was hesitant to even have those. In regards to Austria: compulsory for what, exactly? Entry into nightclubs? restaurants, bars? I actually misread Austria for Australia Is Europe getting as nutty as they are down under?

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: November 19, 2021 14:15

Your immune system is being signed up to a subscription service.

Date: November 19, 2021 15:14

I don’t know how the Austrian authorities plan to enforce this disgusting policy and what will be the consequences for non compliance.The BBC article says that in Austria from February next year it will be a legal requirement to be vaccinated.
I have had the vaccine but under no circumstances whatsoever would I ever tolerate anyone dictating to me what goes in my body.I would stick in their eye first.

Nate

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 19, 2021 17:37

terraplane
Your immune system is being signed up to a subscription service.

Well, your immune system wasn't designed to adequately cope with a number of diseases, so thankfully we have the brainpower to figure out workarounds eh?

Date: November 19, 2021 17:49

Our famous Gorilla "Bokito", living in the Zoo in Blijdorp (Holland) has been infected by the corona virus, showing mild symptoms thus far. And I am just a monkey man. We are on track it seems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-19 17:54 by TheflyingDutchman.

Date: November 19, 2021 17:58

TheflyingDutchman
Our famous Gorilla "Bokito", living in the Zoo in Blijdorp (Holland) has been infected by the corona virus, showing mild symptoms thus far. And I am just a monkey man. We are on track it seems.

If all Bokito's friends are junkies, I think you may be on to something here.

Date: November 19, 2021 18:06

treaclefingers
TheflyingDutchman

Absolutely. Jagger was a prophet. grinning smiley

Date: November 19, 2021 18:28

TheflyingDutchman
treaclefingers
TheflyingDutchman

Absolutely. Jagger was a prophet. grinning smiley

Well if we find out Bokito could use a lemon squeezer I'll concur.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2021 19:47

Nate

Nate

I hope there is a show I want to see in Austria next summer. I want to give them my tourist dollars.

Date: November 19, 2021 20:21

daspyknows
Nate

Nate

I hope there is a show I want to see in Austria next summer. I want to give them my tourist dollars.

Should people who have sex be forced to take the preventative HIV medication known as PrEP ?

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 19, 2021 20:28

Nate
daspyknows
Nate

Nate

Should people who have sex be forced to take the preventative HIV medication known as PrEP ?

Nate

Is it an airborne conttagious disease that spreads easily that has killed millions of people in a relatively short period of time?

No?
Then, no.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 19, 2021 20:42

Nate
I don’t know how the Austrian authorities plan to enforce this disgusting policy and what will be the consequences for non compliance.The BBC article says that in Austria from February next year it will be a legal requirement to be vaccinated.
I have had the vaccine but under no circumstances whatsoever would I ever tolerate anyone dictating to me what goes in my body.I would stick in their eye first.

Nate

I predict riots, violence, mayhem, and revolution....

Date: November 19, 2021 20:47

Yes it is a terrible disease that has killed many people and left many people with serious sickness.How many people calling for mandatory vaccination have also stopped driving petroleum fuelled cars,stopped taking flights etc etc in order to help reduce deaths from global warming.

The fact is a lot of people calling for mandatory vaccination are doing so because it is having an immediate affect on their own lives not because they give a fxxk about other people.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-19 20:48 by Nate.

Date: November 19, 2021 20:48

Hairball
Nate

Nate

yeah, that's a tough one. Forcing vaccines...does that mean they'll 'arrest you' if you don't comply, and tie you down and jab you?

Seems a bridge too far. I think that you'll always going to get a small group that refuses to comply with the government. I think creating 'incentives' and 'disincentives' may be the better way to go.

In our jurisdiction with vaccine passports you don't get to go to restaurants, bars or events without them. Some businesses have said you have to have the passport to be employed.

It's a way to achieve the same outcome I think...'criminalizing' it just makes martyrs out of a lot of stupid people.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 19, 2021 21:22

Nate
daspyknows
Nate

Nate

Nate

If you are regularly having unprotected sex with HIV positive individuals it is probably a good idea.

With Covid if you are in crowds of potentially infected people and you refuse to wear a mask, vaccination is a good idea. Better than catching Covid based on my experience.

Nate
Yes it is a terrible disease that has killed many people and left many people with serious sickness.How many people calling for mandatory vaccination have also stopped driving petroleum fuelled cars,stopped taking flights etc etc in order to help reduce deaths from global warming.

The fact is a lot of people calling for mandatory vaccination are doing so because it is having an immediate affect on their own lives not because they give a fxxk about other people.

Nate

That's like comparing apples and chickens. You are incorrect. I am a proponent of that based on personal experience and concern for medical providers and those immunocompromised where vaccines do not work. If I didn't give a fxxk I wouldn't care either way.

Date: November 19, 2021 21:32

MisterDDDD
Nate
daspyknows
Nate

Nate

Nate

Is it an airborne conttagious disease that spreads easily that has killed millions of people in a relatively short period of time?

No?
Then, no.

Worldwide Covid deaths stand at just over 5 million coming up to two years into the pandemic but how many of those were people who had very serious health conditions to begin with and probably were on their way out soon anyway.

Once again I am completely in favour of the vaccine and was very grateful for it being developed in record time.I took the vaccine as soon as it was offered with offered being the operative word as opposed to forced.

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 19, 2021 21:38

Nate

Worldwide Covid deaths stand at just over 5 million coming up to two years into the pandemic but how many of those were people who had very serious health conditions to begin with and probably were on their way out soon anyway.

Once again I am completely in favour of the vaccine and was very grateful for it being developed in record time.I took the vaccine as soon as it was offered with offered being the operative word as opposed to forced.

Nate

I'm not. in favor of mandatory vaccinations either.
Arguing with false equivalencies and nonsense like they were gonna die anyway ain't it though.

Date: November 19, 2021 22:01

It is not nonsense to say that some Covid deaths were people who already had very serious health issues and were on the way out regardless of Covid.

Here in the U.K. a death is recorded as Covid if someone tested positive for Covid in the 28 days before their death.Some of those people were admitted to hospital with other very serious health issues and subsequently contracted Covid whilst in hospital.

Nate

Date: November 19, 2021 23:19

Nate
It is not nonsense to say that some Covid deaths were people who already had very serious health issues and were on the way out regardless of Covid.

Here in the U.K. a death is recorded as Covid if someone tested positive for Covid in the 28 days before their death.Some of those people were admitted to hospital with other very serious health issues and subsequently contracted Covid whilst in hospital.

Nate

What you say is totally true Nate, unless it's your loved ones taken a few years early. Not sure why some people literally have to be in someone else's shoes before you have that 'come to Jesus' moment.

It's seems to much for their brain capacity.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 19, 2021 23:35

What sort of concerns me is the rate of people who even recover after being transferred from a ventilator to ECMO. Barely anyone makes it out alive, it's sort of prolonging the inevitable and must be an unimaginable strain on intensive care nurses

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 19, 2021 23:38

Lockdown in parts of Austria. Hospitals prepare for triage.

Date: November 19, 2021 23:51

treaclefingers
Nate

Nate

What you say is totally true Nate, unless it's your loved ones taken a few years early. Not sure why some people literally have to be in someone else's shoes before you have that 'come to Jesus' moment.

It's seems to much for their brain capacity.

As someone who had to watch my own father being carried out of his front door in a bodybag at a premature age I do know for sure what it is like to see death up close and personal.No my father did not die from a contagious disease that could have been prevented by other people taking precautions.My father died two years before covid came along and it is highly likely if he had still been around now that covid would have been an extremely dangerous disease for him but I can assure you I would still hold the same position on forced Vaccination.

Nate

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: November 20, 2021 00:17

In fact, mandatory vaccinations are nothing unusual in Europe, they are around since the early 19th century (1807), that is for more than 200 years. The reason quite simply being they proved to be an effective way to get a grip on epidemics. When I was a kid, the smallpox vaccination was mandatory (and perhaps a few more). Interestingly, back then nobody insisted on their very right to contract smallpox and possibly infect others.

Hairball

Not quite, as current events show it rather results in the emergence of Austro-Trumps. An Austrian rightwing politician, a militant no-vaxxer and meanwhile Covid patient himself, suggested to people to treat themselves with an anthelminthic drug for horses instead. Some did and ended up in an ICU. One died last night. Call it self-applied darwinism.

Date: November 20, 2021 00:24

I told you once and I told you twice.Vaccines are not going to be the solution of this pandemic, although I'm vaxxed. Viruses are smarter than us, people. They have a certain function. Mutants will pop up. Population increases, pollution increases, Forests burnt down totally within 30 years. Just forget it. Mother nature eventually reduces the population if we don't act fast. And that's not going to happen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 00:30 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 20, 2021 00:30

The virus is not smart at all. There is 0% intelligence in a virus. The virus is moving on and mutating because some sick people manage to go out and meet many other people. The longer you are sick, the more mutants your body get.

If everybody stayed at home for one or two months, the virus would go away, but that would never happen in the western world, where some do have the opinion that personal freedom is more important than the health of other people.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 20, 2021 00:34

I have had to receive several vaccines in my lifetime in order to go to public school and university. I don't recall anyone ever rioting over that.

Date: November 20, 2021 00:36

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-20 00:43 by TheflyingDutchman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...308309310311312313314315316317318...LastNext
Current Page: 313 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2067
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home