Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...288289290291292293294295296297298...LastNext
Current Page: 293 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 4, 2021 03:38

.... yes mate .... i do

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 4, 2021 03:43

May the Force be with you.

Date: August 4, 2021 03:58

Police Force ????

......heck no all the cops are criminals

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2021 04:10

...anti-maskers are not rebels.

Date: August 4, 2021 04:15

true .... ya gotta have brains ta be a rebel

ROCKMAN

Date: August 4, 2021 04:28

...and a rebel doesn’t help spread the virus.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2021 06:18

Rockman
true .... ya gotta have brains ta be a rebel

That was a beautiful reply Rockman. Thank you.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 4, 2021 08:16

My mother’s physician has an 11 year old son who is not yet eligible to be vaccinated since he is under 12. So the doctor WEARS A MASK AT HOME to help protect his son. The doctor must wear a mask all day at work, and then he wears a mask at home. Yet so many people are outraged because they were asked to wear a mask while shopping. People want to benefit from herd immunity, but refuse to help create that heard immunity. Doing your part for the common good is apparently a thing of the past.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 4, 2021 11:13

Garth Brooks is reevaluating his current stadium tour due to the rise in COVID19 cases. Tickets for an early September show in Seattle were supposed to go on sale Friday but the show has been put on hold & I believe there are other shows in a similar state.

[komonews.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2021 11:22

RisingStone
Seems like there was another major cleanup here...one of my posts (which is a response to you-know-who) got collateral damage and has gone LOL.
I am reposting it as I want the forum members to know my idea about a face mask. Peacesmiling smiley

You are spreading false information on IORR. That is why your posts are deleted. The articles you are posting are dated early 2020. back then we did not have variants. Also, back then it was unclear if masks were needed. Now we all know that masks do protect both those who wear masks, and those who are near you.

Bjornulf

Date: August 4, 2021 11:26

bleedingman
2014Slayer
VoodooLounge13
Miss the days when this board wasn't full of disdain. Used to enjoy coming here without all the mud-slinging, hiding behind my computer BS fodder of the extremists. Fewer and fewer are those that I even look forward to seeing posts from including some herein today that I once thought were decent chaps.

I agree, this board should be about our shared love of the Stones. Peace, Love & Rock n' Roll.

Agreed. It's becoming increasingly unpleasant here. Since when is it okay to wish death on people you disagree with? I recommend the Twilight Zone episode "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" to put this situation in context. And with that, I bid you all a fond adieu. It was fun while it lasted.

First of all, if you do not care about the corona virus, then you do not have to visit this corona virus thread.

Secondly, if you care about the corona virus, then feel free to visit this thread.

Thirdly, most offending posts are being deleted within 24 hours. IORR is a private site run in the spare time by the editor, so it may take some time to see an offending or off-topic or fake news post, but if you send an e-mail to the editor, with reference details, it might speed up the clean-up process.

Fourth and final, the corona virus is splitting up families and friends, that is the way it works, we can not solve that problem here on IORR.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 11:43 by bv.

Date: August 4, 2021 13:00

I delete any posts with insults, regardless of they are related to 45, 46, Trump, Biden, Fox, left, right, or any other matters. No insults are accepted here on IORR. If there are any, just let me know - by e-mail - not by comment in a thread.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 4, 2021 13:30

Great post, Rocktiludrop. I couldn't agree more thumbs up

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: August 4, 2021 13:42

bv
I delete any posts with insults, regardless of they are related to 45, 46, Trump, Biden, Fox, left, right, or any other matters. No insults are accepted here on IORR. If there are any, just let me know - by e-mail - not by comment in a thread.

Yes sorry BV i should have emailed that to you personally.

Thanks for your reply.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 4, 2021 14:28

Why don’t you get a jab? Offspring drummer ousted after refusing Covid vaccine

Pete Parada says ‘it been decided that I am unsafe to be around, in the studio, and on tour’ after turning down treatment on medical grounds

Pete Parada, drummer with Californian pop-punks the Offspring, has said he has been ousted from the band over his refusal to be vaccinated for Covid-19.

In a post on Instagram, he said: “Since I am unable to comply with what is increasingly becoming an industry mandate, it has recently been decided that I am unsafe to be around, in the studio, and on tour … you won’t be seeing me at these upcoming shows. I also want to share my story so that anyone else experiencing the agony and isolation of getting left behind right now knows they’re not entirely alone.”

He cited medical advice for not taking the vaccine, due to his “personal medical history and the side-effect profile of these jabs”. He added that he had “no negative feelings towards my band. They’re doing what they believe is best for them, while I am doing the same.”

He claimed: “There are countless folks (like me) for whom these shots carry a greater risk than the virus … I need to state, unequivocally, that I support informed consent – which necessitates choice unburdened by coercion. I do not find it ethical or wise to allow those with the most power (government, corporations, organisations, employers) to dictate medical procedures to those with the least power.”

The Offspring have not commented on Parada’s statement. The Guardian has requested comment via their UK representatives.

Parada has played with the group since 2007, and features on their four most recent albums. Let the Bad Times Roll this year became their highest-charting album in the UK since the band’s formation in the mid-1980s, reaching No 3.

Parada joins a number of vaccine sceptics in the music world, including Eric Clapton, Ian Brown, Richard Ashcroft, Van Morrison and Noel Gallagher, who have all voiced varying degrees of suspicion.

This week Paul McCartney voiced support for the vaccine programme, posting an image of him receiving a dose with the statement: “Be cool. Get vax’d.”

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 4, 2021 14:33

Double vaccinated people are three times less likely than unvaccinated people to test positive for coronavirus, according to the React-1 study.

The study, a major Covid monitoring programme, led by scientists from Imperial College London are based on swab tests taken by almost 100,000 people in England between 24 June and 12 July.

During this period, 0.63% of people were infected, or 1 in 158. This represents a four-fold rise compared with the study’s previous report, when 0.15% or 1 in 670 had the virus as of 7 June.

The study’s analyses of PCR test results also suggest that fully vaccinated people may be less likely than unvaccinated people to pass the virus on to others, due to having a smaller viral load on average and therefore likely shedding less virus.

Prof Paul Elliott, director of the React programme, said:

"These findings confirm our previous data showing that both doses of a vaccine offer good protection against getting infected. However we can also see that there is still a risk of infection, as no vaccine is 100% effective, and we know that some double vaccinated people can still become ill from the virus.

So even with the easing of restrictions, we should still act with caution to help protect one another and curb the rate of infections."

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 4, 2021 15:30

Chicago msyor Lori Lightfoot on the recent Lollapalooza Festival:

Lightfoot: No regrets on Lollapalooza or concerns it will become super-spreader event

By Fran Spielman
August 3, 2021

[chicago.suntimes.com]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 4, 2021 16:43

Hairball
shattered
Hairball
A good friend of my sister who we've known since we were kids contacted Covid recently, had since been hospitalized, and now put on a ventilator today in the ICU.
She's fully vaccinated, yet kidney problems caused a compromised immune system...not looking too good for her unfortunately, but hope for the best.

Sad and hits close to home being such a long time friend of my sister - other than daspy, the only person I know who has contacted the virus.

Wishing the best Hairball. I knew something was up when you mentioned farting around with Lucky Dips.

Thanks shattered. Just found out today from my sister, and evidently everything had quickly spiraled downward in the last week or so.

As for not having time farting around looking for Lucky Dips when they went on sale the other day, that was due to a far less important issue, but it did keep me preoccupied.

I had to say something. Please keep up the stable posts. Hope Keith plays Happy.

Date: August 4, 2021 16:56

If you experience that your post here are being deleted, again and again, then please do not start a public campaign here arguing and repeating what just got deleted. Please e-mail me. If I have do delete and delete and delete the same campaign arguments from the same person, then I just get fed up and delete the posting access from that person. This is basic IORR rules, as linked up in the IORR policy:

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Policy
The IORR forum pages are made for Stones fans to communicate. Normal manners are expected. Offending language, offending or personal posts are not accepted. Write as if you are talking to normal people. Write normal text, please do not write in UPPER CASE unless it is natural in the context. Please do not post or discuss other individual non-public persons without their approval. Political and religious posts are not accepted. Campaigns are not accepted.

Bjornulf

Date: August 4, 2021 17:29

Garth Brooks rethinking stadium tour due to uptick in COVID cases: 'It breaks my heart'

Associated Press
August 4, 2021

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Country star Garth Brooks said he will be reassessing whether to continue his stadium tour because of the rising number of COVID-19 cases.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, Brooks said he is still scheduled to play the next two shows scheduled in Kansas City and Lincoln, Nebraska, but will not put tickets on sale for the next planned stop, Seattle in September.

Brooks was already scheduled to take a three-week break after the Aug. 14 show in Nebraska and will take that time to assess what to do about the remainder of the dates in 2021. He is also scheduled to play Cincinnati; Charlotte, North Carolina; Baltimore and Boston.

“It breaks my heart to see city after city go on sale and then have to ask those sweet people and the venues to reschedule,” Brooks said in a statement. “We have a three week window coming up where we, as a group, will assess the remainder of the stadium tour this year. It’s humbling to see people put this much faith in you as an artist, and it kills me to think I am letting them down.”

Brooks, one of the biggest selling entertainers in music, restarted touring in July and regularly performs in front of 60,000-70,000 people per stadium. Many of his shows sell out well in advance.

Ahead of his Saturday Nashville show that was canceled due to severe thunderstorms Brooks told reporters he was excited to perform in front of a large audience again, noting the difference between playing to a stadium and arena audience

"It's the connection that you make. But, I gotta be honest with ya. Seventy-thousand people singing 'The River' is cooler than 13,000 people singing 'The River'," Brooks said.

After the severe thunderstorm changed his plans a plan to move the concert to Sunday night was also scuttled.

Organizers expect to reschedule the show for a to-be-announced date in the near future, according to a Nissan Stadium statement published early Sunday on social media.

Brooks, one of the biggest selling entertainers in music, restarted touring in July and regularly performs in front of 60,000-70,000 people per stadium. Many of his shows sell out well in advance.

Ahead of his Saturday Nashville show that was canceled due to severe thunderstorms Brooks told reporters he was excited to perform in front of a large audience again, noting the difference between playing to a stadium and arena audience.

"It's the connection that you make. But, I gotta be honest with ya. Seventy-thousand people singing 'The River' is cooler than 13,000 people singing 'The River'," Brooks said.

After the severe thunderstorm changed his plans a plan to move the concert to Sunday night was also scuttled.

Organizers expect to reschedule the show for a to-be-announced date in the near future, according to a Nissan Stadium statement published early Sunday on social media.

[www.usatoday.com]

Contributing: Matthew Leimkuehler, The Nashville Tennessean

Date: August 4, 2021 18:55

Offspring Drummer Says He’s Out of Band After Refusing Covid-19 Vaccine

Pete Parada will no longer join the band in the studio or on tour

By Emily Zemler
August 4, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2021 19:03

bye bye johnny
Garth Brooks rethinking stadium tour due to uptick in COVID cases: 'It breaks my heart'

[www.usatoday.com]

Seemed a bit too soon to schedule a massive stadium tour, but I guess someone had to be the first to try, and Garth was sort of a guinea pig in that sense.
With some scientists and experts stating the surge will get worse before it gets better, and could peak a couple months from now, not sure how this will move forward.

"Things are going to get worse" - Fauci, August 1

Date: August 4, 2021 19:06

bye bye johnny
Offspring Drummer Says He’s Out of Band After Refusing Covid-19 Vaccine

Pete Parada will no longer join the band in the studio or on tour

By Emily Zemler
August 4, 2021

[www.rollingstone.com]

You have to do in life what's most important to you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2021 19:21

Biden calls Delta Variant a ‘Largely Preventable Tragedy That Will Get Worse Before It Gets Better.’

“The virus knows no boundaries. There’s no wall high enough or ocean wide enough to keep us safe” - Biden

Coronavirus

President Biden, seeking to reiterate that the rise of the highly contagious variant in the United States is a “pandemic of the unvaccinated,” voiced his frustration with leaders who have been slow to provide coronavirus relief or get shots in arms. Mr. Biden singled out Florida and Texas, where cases have risen sharply, criticizing the pandemic response by the governors in those states. “We need leadership from everyone,” he said. “Some governors aren’t willing to do the right things to make this happen. I say to these governors, please, if you aren’t going to help, at least get out of the way for people who are doing the right thing.” Mr. Biden has been under pressure to redirect the American public’s focus after days of policy whiplash, shifting directives on mask usage, and roiling debates about requiring workers to receive the vaccine. Mr. Biden’s speech reflected in blunt terms what his top advisers have been saying, with varying degrees of success, for days: that the people who get sickest from the Delta variant are unvaccinated, and that his administration is working to make vaccines available to every person who needs one. Fully vaccinated people are protected against the worst outcomes of Covid-19 caused by the Delta variant.

On Tuesday, Mr. Biden was plainspoken and direct in his remarks, calling the rise of the Delta variant a “largely preventable tragedy that will get worse before it gets better.” He also tackled a criticism directed at his White House in recent days: that his administration had not done enough to synthesize information in a way that Americans could understand. “I know there’s a lot of misinformation out there, so here are the facts,” Mr. Biden said. “If you are vaccinated, you are highly unlikely to get Covid-19. and even if you do, the chances are you won’t show any symptoms. And if you do, they’ll most likely be very mild. Vaccinated people are almost never hospitalized.” Mr. Biden reiterated his earlier mandate that all federal workers must be vaccinated or subject to strict requirements. “If you want to do business with the federal government,” he said, “get your workers vaccinated.” He added that the private sector, including companies like Wal-Mart, Google and Tyson Foods, were taking similar steps. “Even Fox has vaccination requirements,” he quipped. Mr. Biden had said earlier this year that he wanted to see 70 percent of eligible Americans at least partly vaccinated by July 4. The country hit that goal on Monday, about a month late and only after the Delta variant began disrupting the progress touted by the president and public health officials. There was no celebration of reaching the delayed milestone. Instead, the Biden administration has been in a race to encourage vaccine-reluctant and vaccine-refusing Americans to receive shots as caseloads rise in states with high unvaccinated populations. “The vaccines are doing exactly what they are supposed to do when it comes to keeping you out of the hospital, out of serious disease, and certainly, preventing your death,” Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top disease expert, told reporters.

The White House has also struggled to put into context the threat of the Delta variant to those who are vaccinated. Experts say that infections in vaccinated people — so called breakthrough infections — are still relatively uncommon, and that even in those cases, the vaccines appear to protect against severe illness and death. Nationally, new cases have reached an average of about 86,000 a day as of Monday, a dramatic jump from about 13,000 daily cases a month ago but still far fewer than in January. Hospitalizations have risen as well, but hospitalizations and deaths remain a fraction of their devastating winter peaks. Mr. Biden’s pledge to donate 500 million Pfizer-BioNTech doses is by far the largest yet by a single country, but it would fully inoculate only about 3 percent of the world’s population. The United States will pay $3.5 billion for the Pfizer-BioNTech shots, about $7 apiece, which Pfizer described as a “not for profit” price — much less than the $20 it has paid for domestic use. In a fact sheet released on Tuesday, the administration said that it would work with programs focused on the equitable distribution of vaccines, including Covax, to ensure that the doses arrive in the countries that are in the most need. But health officials in countries that have received some of the doses have already warned that additional funding is needed to train people to administer the shots and fuel vehicles that transport the vaccines to clinics in remote areas. Mr. Biden also announced during a speech at the White House on Tuesday that the United States has donated more than 110 million vaccine doses globally, a down payment on a pledge he made to send half a billion doses of vaccine to poorer countries over the next year. Mr. Biden, who for months was under pressure to share doses of the vaccine, is now seeking to position his administration as a global leader in inoculating the rest of the world amid the spread of highly contagious variants of the virus. “The virus knows no boundaries,” Mr. Biden said. “There’s no wall high enough or ocean wide enough to keep us safe” from the virus in other countries.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 4, 2021 19:30

The Stones timing on the upcoming *fall* tour dates was excellent given the Delta variant rise etc.

Still nearly eight weeks away from the opener, it is likely the current wave will have been squelched or subsided substantially by then imo.
Things are much different than they were eight weeks ago, and eight weeks before that and...

Had they tried to squeeze it in any earlier, we'd be facing a Garth Brooks type situation.
As it stands, many other concerts and the NFL will be going first, which is an excellent position to be in.

I'm confident, just as I was that they'd tour this year, that by showtime things will be well sorted and good to go.

The betting window is once again

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 20:33

I think you have it right...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 4, 2021 21:21

The only way to get the virus kicked to the curb is that get as many folks vaccinated as soon as possible. No betting involved.

Date: August 4, 2021 22:06

Koen
The only way to get the virus kicked to the curb is that get as many folks vaccinated as soon as possible. No betting involved.

I bet you're right!

Date: August 4, 2021 22:18

Fall Out Boy has cancelled their next two dates on the Hella Mega Tour:

Fall Out Boy cancels Citi Field show Wednesday due to COVID scare

By Noah Sheidlower
August 4, 2021

[nypost.com]

Fall Out Boy Pulls Out Of Fenway Park Concert With Green Day, Weezer After Positive COVID Test

[boston.cbslocal.com]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 5, 2021 00:55

treaclefingers
Koen

I bet you're right!

LOL, was ready to post eggzactly that.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...288289290291292293294295296297298...LastNext
Current Page: 293 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home