Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...284285286287288289290291292293294...LastNext
Current Page: 289 of 344
Re: Safety measures of No Filter Tour U.S. 2021
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 23, 2021 14:52

It would be funny if the stones walked out on stage for the opener wearing full hazmat suits grinning smiley

Nate

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 23, 2021 15:13

RisingStone
...or am I paranoid or overreacting?
I don't think you're overreacting.
The pandemic is not over yet. Maybe another mutation will spread very quickly during the next weeks, the delta version, the lambda version or a new one.
A show in a full stadium without restrictions for the fans, everyone can go - vaccined or not? That's like a lottery for erveryone. I will not attend such an event wherever it would take place. We will see, what's happening in August/September.
Would be interessting to know the details of the insurance. Will they postpone the shows again due to high rising number of infections?

By the way: The Olympic Games without any audience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 15:15 by MAF.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 23, 2021 15:14

Nate
It would be funny if the stones walked out on stage for the opener wearing full hazmat suits

Nate

Won't happen. The idea has already been trademarked by Rammstein...

Posted by: Ruediger ()
Date: July 23, 2021 15:20

MingSubu
I'm willing to risk it and willing to infect others, for the stones

People like you are those who are responsible for the virus to proliferate. Shame on you!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 23, 2021 15:33

Saw this on TM

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 (corona virus) exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By purchasing or otherwise accepting a ticket to this Event, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Event, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold event organizers, venue operators, managers and venue owners and their agents and their contractors, liable for any COVID-19 illness or injury in connection with you or your guests? attendance at the Event

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 23, 2021 15:42

Ruediger
MingSubu

People like you are those who are responsible for the virus to proliferate. Shame on you!

Calm down, dude. Don't you see the sarcasm?
He wanted to say "I walk through every dark valley to see my favourite band" ...

Date: July 23, 2021 15:59

Meise
Ruediger
MingSubu
Calm down, dude. Don't you see the sarcasm?
He wanted to say "I walk through every dark valley to see my favourite band" ...

I do not agree with you. If he really meant what you see in his words, he could have done so. If you look at his complete text you will no doubt see that it lacks of any sarcasm.
Anyway, even though I am fully vaccinated, I will definitely refrain from participating in any concert, having seen the Stones 19 times in my life...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 16:00 by Ruediger.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 23, 2021 16:00

Meise

Don't you see the sarcasm?

His sentence should have better been: "I'm willing to risk it and willing to risk an infect myself, for the Stones" - [iorr.org] .

Date: July 23, 2021 16:04

Irix
Meise

Don't you see the sarcasm?

His sentence should have better been: "I'm willing to risk it and willing to risk an infect myself, for the Stones."

It is funny to see how people are trying to help out >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 23, 2021 16:10

Ruediger

And it's interesting to see how some people think. confused smiley

Date: July 23, 2021 16:13

Irix
Ruediger

And it's interesting to see how some people think. confused smiley

smileys with beer peace!

Date: July 23, 2021 17:03

I am very surprised too at the timing of this announcement. Seems like it was put into the works more that 30-45 days ago. Before the Delta variant surge we are seeing in the states.

Although fully vaccinated my home state of NC is unfortunately one of the many in the south with 50% increase in cases in just the past week.
This is not a trend that is our friend. Too much like last summer and fall.

Each to his/her own but I'm passing for now. If this surge subsides by Sept then I'll take my changes on tickets then. Stones never fully sellout anyway.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 17:19 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 23, 2021 17:07

MingSubu

If you are at risk, or scared. Stay home. Easy as that.

Don't be a hypocrite either. Don't bitch and cry the entire pandemic. Then go out to see the stones play.

Nice guy. Let's change it to you are willing to kill someone to see the Stones.

Date: July 23, 2021 17:42

If I die from the virus I caught at a Stones concert I will die doing what I love most.

Simple enough.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 23, 2021 17:46

georgemcdonnell314
If I die from the virus I caught at a Stones concert I will die doing what I love most.

Simple enough.

experiencing severe breathing problems???

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 23, 2021 17:51

georgemcdonnell314

Simple enough.

You should try sex spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 23, 2021 18:16

georgemcdonnell314

Simple enough.

Almost can agree with this.. winking smiley Reminiscent of me running for the rail at Desert Trip in the extreme heat. Stopped for a moment, thought I might have a stroke, then thought.. there's worse ways to go, and picked up the pace again.
So worth it.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 18:33

Baseball is full capacity...football will be as well both pro and college.
Other concerts are full capacity. It will be no different for Da'Stones. I'm sure we will see lots of masks and they certainly work. This is the pandemic of the unvaccinated and those not vaccinated today will not be vaccinated in 2022. The vaccine cards are a joke if we use that as validation of vaccination. We have not developed a methodology for tracking vaccinated folks that can be universal even though we have had plenty of time to do it.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 23, 2021 20:57

Nate
georgemcdonnell314

Simple enough.

Nate

Yes, but in the cheap seats; don't disturb the pit.

Date: July 24, 2021 00:45

Nate, I am married with 4 kids.

Nate
georgemcdonnell314

Simple enough.

Nate

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: July 24, 2021 01:34

Seriously
All the NFL stadiums have received local approval for full crowds no social distance
[sports.yahoo.com]

The concert crowd will be smaller then the football crowd

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 24, 2021 02:03

artedm
Seriously
All the NFL stadiums have received local approval for full crowds no social distance
[sports.yahoo.com]

The concert crowd will be smaller then the football crowd

Do floor seats negate the loss of end zone seats behind the stage? I really don't know.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 24, 2021 02:05

Go enjoy the shows, stop with this shit

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 24, 2021 02:19

Rokyfan
Nate
georgemcdonnell314

Simple enough.

Nate

At least one of you has some damn sense. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-24 02:20 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 24, 2021 11:52

MingSubu

Don't be a hypocrite either. Don't bitch and cry the entire pandemic. Then go out to see the stones play.

You’re willing to potentially hospitalise people to see a band? I’ve seen some truly idiotic comments here before but you are just despicable psychopathic scum. People like you are the problem. Stay away.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 24, 2021 12:46

Father Ted
MingSubu

You’re willing to potentially hospitalise people to see a band? I’ve seen some truly idiotic comments here before but you are just despicable psychopathic scum. People like you are the problem. Stay away.

You attending any shows?

Date: July 26, 2021 11:17

I have just found this:

[www.nytimes.com]

In case you cannot open the link, here is the full text:

New York Times
The Delta Variant Is the Symptom of a Bigger Threat: Vaccine Refusal
There are almost as many reasons for vaccine hesitancy and refusal as there are unvaccinated Americans. But this problem, not the variant, lies at the root of rising infection rates.
By Apoorva Mandavilli
July 25, 2021
After an all too brief respite, the United States is again at a crossroads in the pandemic. The number of infections has ticked up — slowly at first, then swiftly — to 51,000 cases per day, on average, more than four times the rate a month ago. The country may again see overflowing hospitals, exhausted health care workers and thousands of needless deaths.
The more contagious Delta variant may be getting the blame, but fueling its rise is an older, more familiar foe: vaccine hesitancy and refusal, long pervasive in the United States. Were a wider swath of the population vaccinated, there would be no resurgence — of the Delta variant, or Alpha variant, or any other version of the coronavirus.
While mild breakthrough infections may be more common than once thought, the vaccines effectively prevent severe illness and death. Yet nearly half of the population remains unvaccinated and unprotected. About 30 percent of adults have not received even a single dose, and the percentage is much higher in some parts of the country.
America is one of the few countries with enough vaccines at its disposal to protect every resident — and yet it has the highest rates of vaccine hesitance or refusal of any nation except Russia.
Public health experts have fruitlessly warned for months that the virus — any version of it — would resurge if the country did not vaccinate enough of the population quickly enough. Bill Hanage, an epidemiologist at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, predicted in January that Florida might have a rough summer. Now one in five new infections nationwide is in Florida.
True, the speed and ferocity with which the Delta variant is tearing through Asia, Europe, Africa and now North America has taken many experts by surprise. It now accounts for about 83 percent of the infections in the United States.
But Delta is by no means the wickedest variant out there. Gamma and Lambda are waiting in the wings, and who knows what frightful versions are already flourishing undetected in the far corners of the world, perhaps even here in America.
Every infected person, anywhere in the world, offers the coronavirus another opportunity to morph into a new variant. The more infections there are globally, the more likely new variants will arise.
The United States will be vulnerable to every one of them until it can immunize millions of people who now refuse to get the vaccine, are still persuadable but hesitant, or have not yet gained access. The unvaccinated will set the country on fire over and over again.
And they will not be the only ones who are singed. Vaccinated people will be protected from severe illness and death, but there may be other consequences. Already in some communities, they are being asked to wear masks indoors. If the numbers continue to soar, the restrictions that divided the country before may return. Workplaces may need to close again, and schools, too.
And some number of vaccinated people will become infected. Breakthrough infections were expected to be vanishingly rare with the original virus, but recent data suggest they may be less so with the Delta variant. It is roughly twice as contagious as the original coronavirus, and some early evidence hints that people infected with the variant carry the virus in much higher amounts.
Is this helpful?
“The larger the force of infection that comes from the pandemic in unvaccinated populations, the more breakthrough infections there will be,” Dr. Hanage said.
Most breakthrough infections produce few to no symptoms, but some may prompt illness in vaccinated people serious enough to lay them up in bed, miss work — and put their children or older relatives at risk. Some cases may lead to long Covid, scientists now fear — a poorly defined syndrome in which symptoms seem to persist for months.
This grim redux has a glaringly obvious solution: shots in arms. But short of a federal mandate — or a patchwork of mandates by municipalities, hospitals, colleges and businesses — it is hard to see how enough Americans will be immunized to form a buttress against the virus.
After a brisk vaccination campaign in the spring, the pace has slowed to about 537,000 doses per day, according to data gathered by The New York Times. Some responsibility for the lag lies with the frank refusal of conservative leaders — often Republicans — to champion the vaccines.
But misinformation, an epidemic all its own on social media, emanates from all parts the cultural spectrum, and there is no single reason so many Americans remain unvaccinated. It is a Hydra-headed problem.
Of the 39 percent of adults who are unvaccinated, about half say they are completely unwilling. But even within that group, some say they would comply if required to do so.
Some are hesitant and may come around with the right persuasion from people they trust, while still others plan to be inoculated but say they have just not had the chance.
Politics is a driver for only some of these people, noted Dr. Richard Besser, a former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In New Jersey, where he lives, the rates vary drastically because of socioeconomic factors. In mostly white Princeton, 75 percent of adults are immunized, versus 45 percent in Trenton, just 14 miles away, which is heavily Black and Latino.
“Both are strong Democratic areas, so it’s really important to break things down and to address the issues that are impeding vaccination progress in each segment of the unvaccinated population,” Dr. Besser said.
Still, there is no doubt that the political divide is playing a role in rising infection rates. From the start, vaccinations in counties that voted for Donald J. Trump lagged those in counties that voted for Joseph R. Biden, and the gap has only widened — from two percentage points in April to nearly 12 points now, according to one recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation.
Nationwide, 86 percent of Democrats have had at least one shot, compared with 52 percent of Republicans, according to another poll. Even the national goal of having 70 percent of adults vaccinated by July 4 somehow became “Biden’s goal,” said Dr. Nahid Bhadelia, director of the Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases Policy and Research at Boston University.
“All of a sudden, even getting out of pandemic became a left versus right issue.”
Fewer than half of House Republicans are vaccinated as of May, compared with 100 percent of congressional Democrats. For months, some Republican lawmakers including Senators Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Rand Paul of Kentucky, and conservative news commentators like Tucker Carlson, have voiced their skepticism of vaccines, loudly and insistently.
Lately, as infections rise in conservative precincts, a few Republican leaders have begun championing vaccination. Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the minority leader, who survived polio as a child, has worn masks and has urged that everyone be immunized. Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah, said in an interview on Wednesday that “the politicization of vaccination is an outrage and frankly moronic.”
All of these leaders, and many more, will need to repeat vaccine affirmations often enough to persuade millions of people to overcome their hesitation. The Delta variant is thriving amid American discord. The vaccines are the remedy not just for this variant, but all those yet to come.
© 2021 The New York Times Company

Does anyone still think that it would be wise to start touring the states in September?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 11:31 by Ruediger.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 26, 2021 13:24

Rokyfan
Nate
georgemcdonnell314

Simple enough.

Nate

Ya wouldn't want to disturb the Hoi Poloi

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 26, 2021 14:01

Get vaccinated. wear a mask anyway (if you feel the need). That is the best weapon against Covid and the variant. See you at the show in Tampa!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 30, 2021 22:34

[N.B. Already posted this to Coronavirus thread but more relevant here, perhaps...]

Saving Grace featuring Robert Plant and Suzi Dian pull out of the headlining slot of Underneath the Stars Festival “due to medical reasons”. Birmingham show also postponed.

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...284285286287288289290291292293294...LastNext
Current Page: 289 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home