Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...283284285286287288289290291292293...LastNext
Current Page: 288 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 1, 2021 21:47

Rocktiludrop
Nate
I think he’s using the rocktiludrop office for statistics grinning smiley

Nate

Well yeah jump all over it, because obviously if I make one mistake everything i say is incorrect, stick to your fact checkers mate, they wouldn't misslead you would they.

You’re entitled to your opinion like anyone else of course but Why quote sensational figures without any sources? You’re only goIng to make yourself look silly. I live in the U.K., as does Nate and a 3,000/ 50% increase in the suicide rate would be huge news all across the spectrum of media opinion if it happened, which it didn’t.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: August 1, 2021 22:15

Duly noted, i did apologise twice and deleted the mistake.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 00:39 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 1, 2021 23:09

Michael Arnone, promoter of NJ's long running Crawfish Fest has postponed this year's festival in light of recent developments:

Hi All
2 weeks ago I was full of hope. I just knew it was going to be the biggest fest ever.
The Covid Delta Varient is trending upwards around the country. The CDC has recently issued new guidelines.
The CDC says vaccinated people should get tested if exposed even with no symptons.
We know people will be exposed at the Crawfish Fest.
NJ has a high vaccination rate, but that does not help us as we draw from all over the country. We have over 100 band members coming in from Louisiana where our vaccination rate is hovering around 35%.
The CDC stated people with a weakend immunity should wear a mask. Our dance hall is indoors and our pavillion stage is covered, semi- indoors with people dancing and touching.
The CDC stated vaccinated people who are infected by Delta may carry a large amount of the virus and transmit it to others. We know there maybe unvaccinated folks there.
The CDC is advising people to wear a mask indoors following exposure for 14 days or until a negative test. The CDC further states you should isolate for 10 days if your test is positive.
The CDC advises distancing outside. I just don’t see that happening with our 3 day festival with people being so close. A paint line is not going to protect people. On a hot day in August, sweaty masks most likely will be coming off.
It will be near impossible to keep people masked and at a safe distance.
I did not come to this decision lightly. This is my livelyhood. My number one rule has always been “no one gets hurt.
See you June 3-5, 2022.
I just don't see any other way.
Thanks so much
Michael

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 1, 2021 23:51

I know this is a sad job but for your information —

Although I couldn’t find the total figure of the suicides in the U.K. 2020, according to the O.N.S. website, the registered figure in England last year is 4,902. The population ratio of England to the whole U.K. is approximately 84%. Accordingly, the estimated figure of the suicides in the U.K. 2020 would be roughly 5,800 plus — just about the same as other years, more or less.

If I calculate it wrong or miss something, please point out — I would stand corrected.

[www.ons.gov.uk]

Date: August 2, 2021 00:10

RisingStone
I know this is a sad job but for your information —

Although I couldn’t find the total figure of the suicides in the U.K. 2020, according to the O.N.S. website, the registered figure in England last year is 4,902. The population ratio of England to the whole U.K. is approximately 84%. Accordingly, the estimated figure of the suicides in the U.K. 2020 would be roughly 5,800 plus — just about the same as other years, more or less.

If I calculate it wrong or miss something, please point out — I would stand corrected.

[www.ons.gov.uk]

It’s not bad logic but Unfortunately the rate is a bit higher in the 3 smaller U.K. nations than in England, taking the total to around 6,000. I’m from Scotland (which has the highest rate sad smiley ) but live in England.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 2, 2021 00:59

US event virus cases 'mostly' among jabbed
A new study by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that three-quarters of individuals who became infected with COVID-19 at public events in a Massachusetts county had been fully vaccinated.

The study, published on Friday without naming the town, suggested the Delta variant of the virus was highly contagious.

The study found vaccinated individuals had a similar amount of virus presence as the unvaccinated, suggesting that, unlike with other variants, vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant could transmit the virus, the CDC said.

The new study's authors recommended that local health authorities consider requiring masks in indoor public settings regardless of vaccination status or the number of coronavirus cases in the community.

The study identified 469 people with COVID-19, 74 per cent of whom were fully vaccinated, following large public events in the state's Barnstable County.

Testing identified the Delta variant in 90 per cent of virus specimens from 133 people.

Overall, 79 per cent of the vaccinated individuals who were infected with COVID-19 also reported symptoms such as cough, headache, sore throat and fever.

Four had to be hospitalised.

Vaccinated individuals had received one of the three available shots made by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson, the data showed.

The finding of the report "is concerning and was a pivotal discovery leading to CDC's updated mask recommendation," CDC director Rochelle Walensky said in a statement.

On Tuesday, the CDC reversed course on guidance for mask wearing, calling for their use in areas where cases are surging as a precaution against the possible transmission of the virus by fully vaccinated people.

"The masking recommendation was updated to ensure the vaccinated public would not unknowingly transmit virus to others, including their unvaccinated or immunocompromised loved ones," Walensky said in a statement.

Yahoo News

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2021 02:28

bye bye johnny
Michael Arnone, promoter of NJ's long running Crawfish Fest has postponed this year's festival in light of recent developments:

Hi All
2 weeks ago I was full of hope. I just knew it was going to be the biggest fest ever.
The Covid Delta Varient is trending upwards around the country. The CDC has recently issued new guidelines.
The CDC says vaccinated people should get tested if exposed even with no symptons.
We know people will be exposed at the Crawfish Fest.
NJ has a high vaccination rate, but that does not help us as we draw from all over the country. We have over 100 band members coming in from Louisiana where our vaccination rate is hovering around 35%.
The CDC stated people with a weakend immunity should wear a mask. Our dance hall is indoors and our pavillion stage is covered, semi- indoors with people dancing and touching.
The CDC stated vaccinated people who are infected by Delta may carry a large amount of the virus and transmit it to others. We know there maybe unvaccinated folks there.
The CDC is advising people to wear a mask indoors following exposure for 14 days or until a negative test. The CDC further states you should isolate for 10 days if your test is positive.
The CDC advises distancing outside. I just don’t see that happening with our 3 day festival with people being so close. A paint line is not going to protect people. On a hot day in August, sweaty masks most likely will be coming off.
It will be near impossible to keep people masked and at a safe distance.
I did not come to this decision lightly. This is my livelyhood. My number one rule has always been “no one gets hurt.
See you June 3-5, 2022.
I just don't see any other way.
Thanks so much
Michael

[www.facebook.com]

Well...here we go again.......
Was (re) scheduled for the end of this month, and this is now the fourth time for this fest to be postponed.
Better safe than sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 02:29 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 2, 2021 03:13

Rocktiludrop
RisingStone
grzegorz67
Rocktiludrop
Did you know there was 30,000 extra suicides in the UK last year alone,

30,000 extra deaths due to suicide in the UK is absurd fabricated nonsense. Where on Earth are you getting that from?

I have exactly the same doubt. Totally unbelievable.

Yes sorry about that , my apologies for my mistake, it was 3000

Call me skeptical it was an accidental math error.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2021 04:12

New Orleans EMS can't keep up with calls due to the Covid-19 surge as mayor restores a mask mandate

Coronavirus

Emergency medical responders in New Orleans have been hit so hard by the resurgence in Covid-19 cases that the city doesn't have the capacity to handle 911 calls, the mayor said Friday as she announced a new mask mandate and a contract to increase EMS resources. "Thanks to the Delta variant, the Covid pandemic is once again raging out of control," New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell said at a news conference. "We have been here before; we've seen the movie. ... What was once unpreventable, today is preventable. And it's through our people getting vaccinated."

Over the past week, the city saw more than 1,000 new Covid-19 cases, Cantrell said. And the daily case average also spiked to 272, up from 104 last week, she said. "This is a very dangerous number," she said. "Our children are dying. From two weeks old to two years old to four years old. You cannot make it up. Our children are dying." The mayor's mask mandate is effective immediately and applies to indoor settings and large outdoor crowds. The mayor is also requiring all city employees to get vaccinated.More than 71% of New Orleans city employees are vaccinated, but that is not good enough, Cantrell said. "You really need that mask on, period -- whether you are vaccinated and, of course, if you are unvaccinated," she said. As for the EMS, Cantrell said, "We currently do not have the capacity to respond to 911 calls that come from our community right now."

With only 36.8% of Louisiana's population fully vaccinated, the state saw the country's highest case rate per 100,000 people over the past week at 573.3 cases, federal health shows. The state's seven-day death rate per 100,000 people is 1.7, the third-highest in the nation, with Nevada being the highest and Arkansas in second, according to the federal data published Friday. The rise in cases has pushed Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards to seriously consider a mask mandate. "The Delta variant is a game-changer, and at this point, it's not whether we vaccinate or mask, we have to do both," Edwards said Friday at a news conference. "Right now at least 83.7% of all the Covid cases in our region is a result of the Delta variant, and so anyone who is Covid positive in Louisiana should assume that it is from the Delta variant, and ultimately you have to take the same precautions, regardless," he said.

The variant has been spreading throughout the country, alarming health officials. Safety restrictions and mask guidances are making a return as cases rose by at least 10% in nearly every US state in the last week, according to Johns Hopkins University data. The variant spreads quicker and more easily than the first coronavirus strain and can infect fully vaccinated people whose symptoms are usually milder. And with lagging vaccination numbers, children are bearing the brunt of new cases. Our Lady of the Lake Children's Hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is experiencing a spike in Covid-19 cases now that is twice what they saw in the pandemic's initial surge last year, said Dr. Trey Dunbar, the hospital's president. "We've seen over the past couple of weeks a pretty dramatic increase," Dunbar told CNN by phone Friday. "A good number more of children are requiring hospitalization." The hospital is currently treating seven Covid-19 patients, but Dunbar estimated eight to 12 patients are being admitted per day. The hospital is up to about six admissions per day with about 50% of those patients going to the ICU, according to Dunbar. Meanwhile, Louisiana's Caddo Parish will require everyone to wear masks in its facilities and buildings starting Monday. According to the state health department, 32% of the parish's population is fully vaccinated.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2021 06:11

This may sound absurd - I have nothing to support this link wise ie info but have seen suggestions - between Florida and... wherever, Louisiana, and above, the region up to Tennessee etc... this new variant proliferates... and is done by late September or the front portion of October.

Yes, Thypsillion or whatever it will be called.

Not looking good.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 2, 2021 08:44

I’m unsure if it’s been mentioned above at all, but U.K. Government is working alongside Uber to offer a free taxi and ‘kebab’ to those under 30(?) in exchange for getting the jab. This is pathetic. eye rolling smiley

Date: August 2, 2021 09:51

daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
RisingStone
grzegorz67
Rocktiludrop

30,000 extra deaths due to suicide in the UK is absurd fabricated nonsense. Where on Earth are you getting that from?

Even the intended 3,000 claim was nonsense. No evidence provided. It simply isn't true.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: August 2, 2021 10:51

grzegorz67
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
RisingStone
grzegorz67
Rocktiludrop

Even the intended 3,000 claim was nonsense. No evidence provided. It simply isn't true.

I've said 4 times i got it wrong, I'd read about 3000 estimated increased cancer deaths due to covid and mixed it up with suicides because i was also looking into that, I've told you directly on here it was a mistake several times , but you keep ignoring that I've said that.
I GOT IT WRONG. VERY SORRY AGAIN.

[www.nursingtimes.net]

Here estimated increased death's for 18,000 cancer patients alone, not to mention heart treatments and diagnostics, and this backlog continues today.
[www.theguardian.com]

What's suspicious is we are not hearing the death toll fallout due to covid treatment, the point i was making yesterday was that if you add up every issue due to how the UK government and NHS dealt with treating covid it caused a lot of increased deaths that put into question the extra 60,000 deaths in the UK as just being down to covid.

If you read the Guardian article in the link it states urgent NHS referrals were down 76%
It said appointments for Chemotherapy were down 60%
This definitely puts into question why we had increased death toll in the UK in 2020. Kind of makes 60,000 extra deaths in the UK unlikely to be down to covid, you could argue extra deaths last year being a result of covid deaths as anecdotal, especially when you take into consideration how they put sick elderly hospital patients in care homes and for the most part didn't admit them to hospital if they had covid.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 12:34 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 12:46

Big Al
I’m unsure if it’s been mentioned above at all, but U.K. Government is working alongside Uber to offer a free taxi and ‘kebab’ to those under 30(?) in exchange for getting the jab. This is pathetic. eye rolling smiley[/

Rod

Date: August 2, 2021 14:57

Big Al
I’m unsure if it’s been mentioned above at all, but U.K. Government is working alongside Uber to offer a free taxi and ‘kebab’ to those under 30(?) in exchange for getting the jab. This is pathetic. eye rolling smiley

Depending on the shop, The kebab might actually be more dangerous than COVID grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 16:00 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 2, 2021 16:22

The next 2-3 pages are merged into here from the following thread:

"Safety measures of No Filter Tour U.S. 2021"

It's really the same thing, rules, regulation and security related to COVID-19.

I do not want to have a number of separate COVID-19 threads on IORR. Thanks for your understanding.

Bjornulf

Safety measures of No Filter Tour U.S. 2021
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 23, 2021 04:42

Amidst the euphoria of the announcement of the confirmation of the rescheduled U.S. tour, few members on the IORR board mention — or they may hesitate to articulate — what degree of safety measures will be adopted (or not) in the venues when it comes to “our band”, unlike the cases of Slowhand and Van, “the rebels”. As an avid concert-goer myself, I have a serious concern about this matter even though I won’t fly over to America to catch a show (okay, call me sour grapes if you want. Let me tell you, my first exposures to The Rolling Stones live were in Pittsburg and Cincinnati 1989, some five months prior to the Steel Wheels Tokyo Dome residency).

Our band will play at huge stadiums, around a capacity of 50k, more or less. I can’t help but ask myself, what will happen to the audience of such size and if they are not required presenting proof of double vaccination or negative test result on entering, without wearing masks, no social distance etc? The recent news of what happened at the Dutch music festival (see my post on Clapton thread) and a rapid surge of the CV-positive in the U.K. after the Euro 2021 worries me a lot.

...or am I paranoid or overreacting?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 19:48 by RisingStone.

Re: Safety measures of No Filter Tour U.S. 2021
Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 23, 2021 04:54

I don't think you're overreacting. The announcement was surprising to me.

As someone who's vaccinated, I'm willing to risk it.

Surely the Stones themselves will have extra precautions.

But I wonder about the crew. If one crew member tests positive for COVID-19, what happens?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 23, 2021 05:03

I'm willing to risk it and willing to infect others, for the stones

If you are at risk, or scared. Stay home. Easy as that.

Don't be a hypocrite either. Don't bitch and cry the entire pandemic. Then go out to see the stones play.

Posted by: FredStones ()
Date: July 23, 2021 05:28

cyclist
But I wonder about the crew. If one crew member tests positive for COVID-19, what happens?

I’m guessing it’ll probably depend on whether or not that crew member has direct contact with the band.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 23, 2021 06:03

And to think I used to worry about getting my ass kicked by a bunch of bikers.

Nah, never did that, but it makes a point somehow.

jb

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 09:06

Garth Brooks played the Vegas stadium the Stones are going to headline a few weeks ago and there don’t appear to have been any restrictions, COVID protocols, vaccination requirements, or reduced capacity whatsoever. Seemed like a normal day at the office for Mr Brooks and his 68,000 fans. He’s also done another show in Salt Lake City since this article was published and they had nada COVID restrictions.

[www.rollingstone.com]

JULY 11, 2021 10:25AM ET
Garth Brooks Tells Touring Musicians to ‘Get Back in the Game’ in First Stadium Concert Since Pandemic
Country music star’s performance at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Saturday marked the first major stadium concert in the U.S. since Covid began

By MARK GRAY

Pandemic? What pandemic? That seemed to be the vibe among the 68,000 people at Garth Brooks’ concert at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Saturday night, the first major stadium concert anywhere in the U.S. since the arrival of Covid-19.
Social distancing? Nope. Masks? Maybe a few wore them. Heck, Brooks even shared M&M’s with the crowd at one point.
While there is certainly some trepidation about a mass indoor gathering right now — especially with the emergence of the more transmissible delta variant — the semblance of normalcy outweighed everything else on Saturday night.
“To every musician out there, all I can say is get back in the game because it’s the greatest feeling in the world,” Brooks said, admitting that he was “nervous” about returning to the stage after more than 500 days off. The crowd, though, was all too appreciative, and they sang every word to Brooks’ catalog of country hits, from “Friends in Low Places” and “The Dance” to “Rodeo” and a show-closing “Standing Outside the Fire,” for over two hours.

“Any time you’re off for a long time and come back, especially when you’ve been going as long as we have,” Brooks said onstage, “you think it’s going to be over. Thank you for making me feel like this.”
Truth be told, Brooks showed few signs of rust, as he barreled through a set list of nearly 30 songs. He rewarded the crowd with all the hits and tossed in a few cover songs from George Strait, Keith Whitley, and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Arguably the highlight of the evening happened toward the end, when Trisha Yearwood, Brooks’ wife, came out to duet on “Shallow” from A Star Is Born with her husband. Then they sang “Walkaway Joe,” Yearwood’s 1992 hit.

I’ve never been made to feel at home as quickly as you guys have made me feel,” Brooks said.

Brooks’ in-the-round concert was a bit of a time capsule, as it looked and felt like concerts pre-Covid. If it’s what concerts can truly be again remains to be seen, as the delta variant becomes the most dominant strain of the virus in the U.S. and vaccinations lag. Last week, Nevada reported the third-highest count of new coronavirus cases per capita, behind current hot spots Missouri and Arkansas.

While meeting with reporters on Friday, Brooks himself said he didn’t “officially” know that the show would go on until just four weeks ago, recounting how he and his team were “waiting for the [Nevada] governor to declare if Vegas was open or not.”

Las Vegas fully reopened and lifted all Covid restrictions on June 1st.

For the vast majority in attendance at the sold-out concert, it was most likely the first time they’ve stepped foot inside Allegiant Stadium, which opened during the throes of the pandemic in July 2020. Brooks was initially scheduled to christen the football stadium, an enclosed, air-conditioned structure to protect from the Vegas heat, last August, but the show was postponed (and postponed a second time in February.)

Due to the delays, Brooks actually missed out on bragging rights of being the first to play the home of the Las Vegas Raiders — EDM star Illenium performed there a week prior to 35,000 people. Brooks performed in front of 68,000.

The fact the Brooks is the first major artist to bring fans back to stadiums isn’t lost on him. He spoke at length about that “responsibility” during Friday’s press conference.

“I think what you have here is to show some kind of fricking responsibility, right? Now you have an obligation to the rest of this industry to say, ‘This is what we’re doing, this works for us. How about you guys?’ ” he said. “We’re taking all the precautions that we possibly can to make sure that we’re doing our part. Then the rest of it you just kind of throw up to fate and the common sense of the people you’re playing for, and I really hope that that message gets across, that if you’re going to do it, do it responsibly until we can get back to being real musicians and not having to be responsible.”

Brooks’ next stadium concert is July 17th in Salt Lake City. As with the Las Vegas show, a disclaimer on Brooks’ website states, ”Purchaser assumes Covid risk. All Covid rules apply.”

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

All Covid rules apply ??

What rules? That’s completely ambiguous and puts the responsibility of the local or state government where the show is taking place to implement any restrictions. Exactly why it’s worded like that. If you want mandates, requirements, restrictions related to COVID they ain’t coming from Garth, the venue, or his promoter.

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 09:26 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 23, 2021 11:15

MingSubu

Don't be a hypocrite either. Don't bitch and cry the entire pandemic. Then go out to see the stones play.

"I am willing to risk it"--awesome, have a great time!

"I am willing to infect others" is just pathological.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 23, 2021 11:30

MingSubu

Exactly! Plenty of angstdriven individuals on here, daspyknows presiding thumbs downgrinning smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 23, 2021 11:49

MingSubu
I'm willing to infect others

Just insane.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 23, 2021 12:50

MingSubu

that is exactly the reason why venue must adopt a strict admission policy. i.e. not allow any people who aren't fully vaccinated

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 23, 2021 13:03

MingSubu

A bit of luck and you'll meet yourself coming the other way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-23 16:33 by EddieByword.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 23, 2021 13:15

slewan

that is exactly the reason why venue must adopt a strict admission policy. i.e. not allow any people who aren't fully vaccinated

So, no chance of Eric guesting on Red Rooster?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 23, 2021 14:12

I'm glad the Stones aren't big cry babies as most of people on this board are if your still scared of the virus stay the heck in your basement and leave the rest of us alone.

Date: July 23, 2021 14:40

ohmercy61
I'm glad the Stones aren't big cry babies as most of people on this board are if your still scared of the virus stay the heck in your basement and leave the rest of us alone.

I imagine the Stones will be carefully protected at all times, considering their ages. I’d expect the stage to be a little further away than usual, particularly the catwalk. They will only have contact with those they absolutely have to and everyone working on the tour will be tested daily. The financial cost of a cancellation will not be small.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...283284285286287288289290291292293...LastNext
Current Page: 288 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home