Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...275276277278279280281282283284285...LastNext
Current Page: 280 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 10:33

Midnight Toker
A Few Fun Facts--60% of NEW COVID cases in the UK are with people who have had (2) COVID vaccines.

600 new cases of severe heart inflammation among those under 30 yo who have been vaccinated.

Masks do not work. See Fauci's emails which were obtained the FOIA. The virus particles can easily transmit thru the mask.

80% of those surveyed in the US ( multiple sources) that contracted COVID said that they ALWAYS wore a mask. 70% indicated that they wore a mask most of the time.

YOUR chances of surviving COVID is---99.97%.

650,000 people die from influenza yearly worldwide.

0-18 year old individuals are ore likely to die from the flu than COVID.

Conclusion: A vaccine with NO clinical trials is a huge risk. Governments world wide have no business forcing people to get the vaccine.

If masks and vaccines worked, people would not be contracting the virus at all.

Asking someone to wear a mask after they have been vaccinated is a joke. Why get the vax if you still have to wear a mask.? If masks do not work, and we know they do not, why wear one at all?.

The above stated is not FAKE NEWS nor is it any type of conspiracy nonsense.

Source?

As a lifelong resident of the U.K., I categorically assure you that your first sentence is utter bollocks. Which doesn’t bode well for the rest.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 20, 2021 10:42

daspyknows
skytrench
The reason Covid hasn't been a massive problem in places like developing Africa must lie in the fact the average age is much lower there.

Nope, nobody has really died of covid. It is all a giant hoax.

It hasn't been noticed as a massive problem in some places because of reduced travel and lack of medical care and reporting. On the other hand India seemed to have it pretty bad. Indonesia too. South Africa also has had lots of reported death and illness. Don't forget Brazil and other countries through South and Central America.

It doesn't take a long to check a few facts, instead of bringing out irrelevant responses. Btw. people in Africa are very social and get together a lot. What countries do you think are developing Africa? I will do part of your homework.

According to google "The median age of"

Congo is 19.2 years.
Zambia is 17.6 years.
Nigeria is 18.1 years.
Tanzania is 18.0 years

Brazil is 33.5 years.
South Africa is 27.6 years.
Indonesia is 29.7 years.
India is 28.4 years.

United Kingdom is 40.4 years
USA is 38.2 years
France is 42.3 years.
China is 38.4 years.

Need I say more? You really need to be vaccinating children when they will still be hosts?

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 20, 2021 11:17

grzegorz67
Midnight Toker
A Few Fun Facts--60% of NEW COVID cases in the UK are with people who have had (2) COVID vaccines.

600 new cases of severe heart inflammation among those under 30 yo who have been vaccinated.

Masks do not work. See Fauci's emails which were obtained the FOIA. The virus particles can easily transmit thru the mask.

80% of those surveyed in the US ( multiple sources) that contracted COVID said that they ALWAYS wore a mask. 70% indicated that they wore a mask most of the time.

Conclusion: A vaccine with NO clinical trials is a huge risk. Governments world wide have no business forcing people to get the vaccine.

Asking someone to wear a mask after they have been vaccinated is a joke. Why get the vax if you still have to wear a mask.? If masks do not work, and we know they do not, why wear one at all?.

Source?

As a lifelong resident of the U.K., I categorically assure you that your first sentence is utter bollocks. Which doesn’t bode well for the rest.

Source ??

Date: July 20, 2021 11:49

Rocktiludrop
grzegorz67
Midnight Toker

Source?

Source ??

[www.ons.gov.uk]

In the U.K. only those in their early 40s and older are double vaccinated. Look at the much higher incidences amongst those below that age. Not a snowballing chance in hell are 60% of cases amongst the double vaccinated.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 20, 2021 11:59

Rocktilyoudrop-Newsmax. British virologist made the statement to the media. The same interview appeared on FOX tonight. I viewed it TWICE in two days.

The rest of the info certainly is not bullocks. Do your research. You have a computer. Facts are facts, you choose to deny them and that is OK by me. I could care less what you or anyone thinks quite frankly.

Your media outlets in the UK are doing you NO justice at all, and we all know who is in control of them.

Have a nice day, mate. My CORONA commentary ends here.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 20, 2021 12:27

Yes - do your research indeed and you'll find that the UK's Chief Scientific Adviser corrected his earlier statement.

60% of people being admitted to UK hospitals are unvaccinated - adviser

LONDON, July 19 (Reuters) - Britain's Chief Scientific Adviser Patrick Vallance said that 60% of people being admitted to hospital with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, correcting an earlier statement he made on Monday.

Vallance earlier said at a news conference with Prime Minister Boris Johnson that 60% of people being admitted to hospital with COVID-19 have had two doses of vaccine.

"Correcting a statistic I gave at the press conference," Vallance said on Twitter. "About 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are not from double vaccinated people, rather 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are currently from unvaccinated people."

(Chief scientific adviser corrects statement to make clear the 60% figure applies to the unvaccinated, not double vaccinated)

[www.reuters.com]

Date: July 20, 2021 13:59

Quite a mixup from the PM!
The remaining 40% admitted are therefore completely or partially vaccinated. Still a high number, I would have expected the vaccinated not to get so sick as to need hospital treatment.

Date: July 20, 2021 14:35

grzegorz67
Rocktiludrop
grzegorz67
Midnight Toker

Source?

Source ??

[www.ons.gov.uk]

In the U.K. only those in their early 40s and older are double vaccinated. Look at the much higher incidences amongst those below that age. Not a snowballing chance in hell are 60% of cases amongst the double vaccinated.

Yes but the government have changed the percentages now, but 60% was reported first, now it's changed to 40%, still proves the vaccine is not worth the risk.

Date: July 20, 2021 14:42

Midnight Toker
Rocktilyoudrop-Newsmax. British virologist made the statement to the media. The same interview appeared on FOX tonight. I viewed it TWICE in two days.

The rest of the info certainly is not bullocks. Do your research. You have a computer. Facts are facts, you choose to deny them and that is OK by me. I could care less what you or anyone thinks quite frankly.

Your media outlets in the UK are doing you NO justice at all, and we all know who is in control of them.

Have a nice day, mate. My CORONA commentary ends here.

I'm agreeing with the rest of your statistics, those are facts you quoted, of course msm will call them Fake news, of course Fact checkers will call it Fake, that is their agenda, people are waking up to the media and big tech lies now, the people will not believe anything they say at this rate, just a few diehards like we have on here.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: July 20, 2021 15:21

The Effects of Vitamin D and COVID-Related Outcomes

An overwhelming volume of research makes it clear that this hormone produced in our skin can save lives.

As early as November 2020, it was known that there were striking differences in vitamin D status among people who had asymptomatic COVID-19 and those who became severely ill and required intensive care unit (ICU) care. In one study, 32.96 percent of those with asymptomatic cases were vitamin D deficient, compared to 96.82 percent of those who were admitted to the ICU for a severe case.

COVID-19 patients who were deficient in this inexpensive and widely available vitamin had a higher inflammatory response and a greater fatality rate. The Indian study authors recommended “mass administration of vitamin D supplements to populations at risk for COVID-19,” in a study published in Scientific Reports, but this hasn’t happened, at least not in the United States.

As of April 21, the date the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) last updated its COVID-19 treatment guidelines/vitamin D page, the agency stated, “There are insufficient data to recommend either for or against the use of vitamin D for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19.” As you’ll see in the paragraphs that follow, however, the evidence for its use is beyond overwhelming.

The Epoch Times

Date: July 20, 2021 15:26

Rocktiludrop
grzegorz67
Rocktiludrop
grzegorz67
Midnight Toker

Source?

Source ??

[www.ons.gov.uk]

Yes but the government have changed the percentages now, but 60% was reported first, now it's changed to 40%, still proves the vaccine is not worth the risk.

The Government have changed nothing. At a press conference the Chief Scientific Officer, Patrick Valance had a random slip of the tongue and described the figures incorrectly. He later corrected himself. The figures were never changed at any time. However, the footage was replayed over and over around the World long after his self correction, by those whose agenda it suits.

The ons link I quoted had nothing to do with him. That’s the U.K. Office of National Statistics, run by Civil Servants.

I have no agenda btw. I’m just an ordinary British Subject. I have no time for the current government and very little for their ineffectual opponents either. All the main parties agree that it’s a public health crisis.

Why does every issue have to be politicised? We have been in a serious Public Health Crisis for 18 months, which has taken the lives of 4 million Worldwide .

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 20, 2021 15:36

Tokyo 2020 chief Muto doesn't rule out cancelling Games

by Ju-min Park Sakura Murakami
July 20, 2021

[www.reuters.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 20, 2021 16:35

Midnight Toker
GasLightStreet-Uh, I am not on FOX news and I am neither a registered Republican or Democrat FYI. I am a registered Independent with an open mind. I think I know what news sources you watch. The same ones that declared 45 colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election perhaps? Am I right? How did that work out? Not so good which ruined the credibility of the mainstream media.

The info I conveyed is WIDELY available thru GOOGLE searches, NEWSMAX the CDC, and Dr. Fauci's own emails just to to name a few. Unbiased and w/o any political agenda. Sorry if you can't handle the facts or the info is contrary to what you have been told or believe.

BTW- A typical vaccine can take up 10 to 15 years to develop. You actually believe that developing a vaccine in only 9 MONTHS had SUFFICIENT clinical trials? If you do, you are sadly mistaken.

Do you recall anyone from the CDC or any of the drug companies stating what the potential side effects of the vaccine were at the time the vax was released? No one did, but we are are learning about it now aren't we?

Read Dr. Fauci's e-mails for more on the effectiveness of masks. The fact that store bought masks are NOT effective in preventing COVID is plainly written in English in his e-mails which were obtained thru FOIA.(Freedom Of Information Act). The info is widely available to anyone, so go get it.

Face shields do not work either. The virus particles are free floating and can EASILY be absorbed thru the nose and mouth traveling under, above and thru sides of the shield. This is only common sense.

The flip flopping of the "experts" is like watching a marlin out of water. Masks do not work. Social distance. Wear a mask and social distance. Wear 2 masks and social distance. Get the vax and you won't need a mask. If you get the vax, you need a mask. Get the vax and you need 2 masks. etc etc....

Bottom line- If you have been vaccinated, act vaccinated. That was your choice.
Those who have not, have free will and most live in a free country. It is their body and their choice.

Their body, their choice except if you are a woman.

These are the comments of someone who gets their information on Facebook. So, nothing works, just live your life? I hope you enjoy your Covid ride on the flat earth.

Date: July 20, 2021 16:39

skytrench
daspyknows
skytrench
The reason Covid hasn't been a massive problem in places like developing Africa must lie in the fact the average age is much lower there.

Nope, nobody has really died of covid. It is all a giant hoax.

It hasn't been noticed as a massive problem in some places because of reduced travel and lack of medical care and reporting. On the other hand India seemed to have it pretty bad. Indonesia too. South Africa also has had lots of reported death and illness. Don't forget Brazil and other countries through South and Central America.

It doesn't take a long to check a few facts, instead of bringing out irrelevant responses. Btw. people in Africa are very social and get together a lot. What countries do you think are developing Africa? I will do part of your homework.

According to google "The median age of"

Congo is 19.2 years.
Zambia is 17.6 years.
Nigeria is 18.1 years.
Tanzania is 18.0 years

Brazil is 33.5 years.
South Africa is 27.6 years.
Indonesia is 29.7 years.
India is 28.4 years.

United Kingdom is 40.4 years
USA is 38.2 years
France is 42.3 years.
China is 38.4 years.

Need I say more? You really need to be vaccinating children when they will still be hosts?

To answer your question. YES. Median age is not the reason countries in Africa haven't been hammered yet. If you think that is the reason, you need to check your sources.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:18

Olympics Updates: Coronavirus Cases Overshadow Last-Minute Preparations in Japan

Coronavirus

The opening ceremony is Friday, but a cluster of positive test results, including one from an alternate on the U.S. women’s gymnastics team, threaten to dampen the festivities.

TOKYO — The opening ceremony is Friday and the first competitions are Wednesday. But organizers of the Tokyo Olympics, delayed one year by the pandemic, are struggling to manage public anxiety about the Games after a cluster of coronavirus cases that threaten to overshadow the festivities. As about 20,000 athletes, coaches, referees and other officials have poured into Japan in recent days, more than two dozen of them have tested positive for the virus, including three cases within the Olympic Village. An additional 33 staff members or contractors who are Japanese residents working on the Games have tested positive. The United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee confirmed Monday that an alternate on the women’s gymnastics team had tested positive for the coronavirus while in training in Chiba prefecture outside Tokyo. Despite being vaccinated, Kara Eaker, 18, of Grain Valley, Mo., tested positive early Monday and began a 10 to 14 day quarantine, her coach, Al Fong, said in a text message later that day from Tokyo. He added that she “feels fine.” Fong also said that Leanne Wong, another alternate and Eaker’s teammate at his GAGE Center gym in Blue Springs, Mo., is also under quarantine, expected to last until about July 31, because she is a considered a close contact. Wong, who is 17 and from Overland Park, Kansas, said at the Olympic trials earlier this month that she had not been vaccinated.

U.S.A. women’s basketball also suffered a blow with the news that Katie Lou Samuelson, a member of the 3x3 Olympics team, would miss the Games following a positive test result. Ms. Samuelson was fully vaccinated and took every precaution, she said. “Competing in the Olympics has been a dream of mine since I was little girl and I hope someday soon, I can come back to realize that dream,” Ms. Samuelson, 24, wrote in an Instagram post. The U.S. men’s national basketball team traveled to Tokyo on Monday without guard Zach LaVine, who entered coronavirus health and safety protocols. In a statement, Team USA said it was hopeful Mr. LaVine could rejoin the team later this week. The U.S. men’s basketball team reshuffled its roster last week after losing guard Bradley Beal to health and safety protocols and forward Kevin Love withdrew from participation.

Olympics organizers have said their measures — including repeated testing, social distancing and restrictions on movement — would limit, but not eliminate, coronavirus cases. The Games, originally scheduled for 2020, were postponed a year in the hopes the pandemic would have eased and they would herald a triumphant return to normal. Instead, they have become a reminder of the staying power of the virus and have fed a debate over whether Japan and the International Olympic Committee have their priorities straight. Such is the unease that Toyota, one of the prime corporate sponsors of the Games, announced Monday it would not run any Olympic-themed television advertisements during them. “There are many issues with these Games that are proving difficult to be understood,” Jun Nagata, the company’s chief communications officer, told reporters, according to The Associated Press. The three people who tested positive inside the Olympic Village were from the South African soccer team, including two athletes and one official. They were isolated in a separate building while an additional 21 people in close contact with them are quarantining in their rooms. Masa Takaya, a spokesman for the Tokyo organizing committee, said athletes who were in close contact with those who tested positive would be allowed to train if they otherwise follow the isolation restrictions. Athletes are tested daily and if they test negative within six hours of a competition, they will be allowed to play. Another six athletes and two Olympics staff members from Britain were also isolating after a person on their flight to Tokyo had tested positive for the coronavirus at the airport.

The Associated Press reported that Ond?ej Peruši?’, a beach volleyball player competing for the Czech Republic, had also tested positive in the Olympic Village. At a news conference over the weekend, Christophe Dubi, the International Olympic Committee’s sports director, said “there is no such thing as zero risk,” adding that the Olympic Village would be “a Covid-safe environment but not Covid free.” The Japanese public remains anxious about the Olympics amid a slow rollout of vaccines and a recent rise in coronavirus cases in the capital. Daily case counts have exceeded 1,000 for several days for the first time since mid-May. Tokyo is under a state of emergency. A poll by the Kyodo News, a wire service, released over the weekend showed 87 percent of those surveyed said they were worried about hosting the Olympics during the pandemic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-20 18:18 by Hairball.

Date: July 20, 2021 18:46

daspyknows
To answer your question. YES. Median age is not the reason countries in Africa haven't been hammered yet. If you think that is the reason, you need to check your sources.

You seem so confident in your knowledge. Please, share your source, unless it's coming out from where the sun don't shine.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: July 20, 2021 18:57

Rocktiludrop
grzegorz67
Rocktiludrop
grzegorz67
Midnight Toker

Source?

Source ??

[www.ons.gov.uk]

Utter nonsense. The 40% who aren’t fully vaccinated and being admitted to hospital include those with one dose. I’m not going to retread the evidence that one dose doesn’t offer as filler protection as two doses. The vaccination is absolutely worth the ‘risk’ for the vast majority, not having both doses significantly increases your chances of a. Catching it and b. Getting hospitalised and/or death

Date: July 20, 2021 19:32

Yes, the fact that the hospitals are not getting overloaded like last year points to the success of the vaccination strategy. Not only in the UK, but in all of Europe and North America.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 20, 2021 20:49

We are now one and a half year into the covid-19 pandemic. Still people campaign false information here on iorr, about covid-19 being harmless, like the flu. Let me make it clear, completely clear:

+ If you post false info here on IORR, it will be deleted
+ If you campaign again and again the same false information, posting access will be deleted

Facts:

+ More than four - 4 - million people have died from covid-19 so far in the world
+ There is still a long way until the world is fully protected through vaccination
+ The pandemic is not over yet

References:

[www.worldometers.info]

[www.nytimes.com]

Bjornulf

Date: July 20, 2021 21:16

A 22% surge in US coronavirus deaths is hitting unvaccinated people hardest. Experts worry about the long-term effects for vaccinated people, too.

"The worst-case scenario is if Delta mutates into something completely different, a completely different animal,
and then our current vaccines are even less effective or ineffective,"
- Vivek Cherian

Corona Surge

The US is far removed from the deadliest point in its coronavirus outbreak: The country reported more than 3,000 daily coronavirus deaths in January, compared with less than 275 daily deaths, on average, in the past week. But average daily deaths surged 22% in the past seven days, following a record low of 30 deaths on July 11. In the past two weeks, average daily deaths rose 33%. The vast majority these deaths are among unvaccinated Americans: Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told NBC earlier this month that unvaccinated people represented more than 99% of recent coronavirus deaths. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also reported Friday that more than 97% of people entering hospitals with symptomatic COVID-19 hadn't received shots. The US is now dealing with a "pandemic of the unvaccinated," CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said at a press briefing. "We are seeing outbreaks of cases in parts of the country that have low vaccination coverage because unvaccinated people are at risk, and communities that are fully vaccinated are generally faring well," Walensky said. But disease experts worry that allowing the virus to spread among unvaccinated people could give it more opportunities to mutate. That could pose a long-term risk for vaccinated people, too. Already, the Delta variant — now the dominant strain in the US — appears to be more transmissible than any other version of the virus detected so far. "The worst-case scenario is if Delta mutates into something completely different, a completely different animal, and then our current vaccines are even less effective or ineffective," Vivek Cherian, an internal-medicine physician in Baltimore, told Insider last month. Experts also worry that increased transmission could result in more severe breakthrough infections — cases of COVID-19 diagnosed at least two weeks after someone is fully vaccinated — among older people or those who are immunocompromised, since vaccines may already be less effective among these groups. People over 65 represent about 75% of breakthrough cases that result in hospitalization or death, according to the CDC.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 20, 2021 21:48

Those worries are realistic. Some four years ago a flu virus mutation surfaced and made a joke out of the exsisting vaccins. Many more deaths as a results. And that's just the common flu virus. The total number of deaths caused by the "only" four mutations of corona is already about 10 times higher over roughly the same period of time and "everyone" still says that the current vaccins can handle those three additional mutations.

Mao once said that if the Chinese were to conquer the world and it would cost 300 million lives, that there would still be 600 million Chinese left. Western politicians don't say such things publically, but behind the scenes (who cares, so far only 4 million plus corona deaths) ?? Some 50 million people died during WW-2. Now it is merely a statistical number ...
Only at a micro level (people who lost dear ones, experience(d) human tragedy, etc.) people remember and carry the pain in their hearts.
"What can a poor boy do, except to sing for a Rock 'n Roll band" ... well, write a song about "Salt of the Earth" ...

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:30

Rocktiludrop
GasLightStreet
Midnight Toker

Uh... you forget you're not on Fox News?

I watch Fox news, why is it seen as Fake news on iorr, trying to work out why places like CNN are a better source of information.
I'm not the brightest spark but could your conclusions be politically based.

Also why are sources of information ( covid ) only considered facts when they are presented by MSM who are owned by a few billionaires who have doubled their fortunes since covid.

To put it simply, Fox News has always been seen as fake news. It is the father of Fake News. It's not news or journalism, it's opinionism. The hack known as Hannity has been promoting anti-vaxxing - yet now he's saying people need to get vaxxed?

Somebody somewhere said something and it has to do with money. Or someone told them, You do realize you're promoting the death of your fanbase.

The other networks do have journalists and do cover news but they tend to have a slant. I won't argue with you there. However, there are other news sources to find facts out and it's not Big Media.

What really blows my mind is how many people still watch that kind of TV. That many people watch TV? Or at least segments from those TV shows on YouTube etc?

Why?

The attitude about people making money from COVID is tired and pointless. It has zero grounds in any kind of argument, discussion or conversation. It's not any different than someone taking the moral high ground saying 'I won't support ABCEFG because' and it turns out every thing they own, from their auto to their laptop, has supported, indirectly, something or someone that they don't approve of - but no one gets rid of their phone etc because of it.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:31

Hairball

"The worst-case scenario is if Delta mutates into something completely different, a completely different animal,
- Vivek Cherian

The worst case scenario is something completely different? Is that uplifting or rather something meaningless that could be said about everything? A worst case scenario and also completely different could be radioactive pigs. I heard they have them in Japan

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 20, 2021 22:53

Midnight Toker
GasLightStreet-Uh, I am not on FOX news and I am neither a registered Republican or Democrat FYI. I am a registered Independent with an open mind. I think I know what news sources you watch. The same ones that declared 45 colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election perhaps? Am I right? How did that work out? Not so good which ruined the credibility of the mainstream media.

The info I conveyed is WIDELY available thru GOOGLE searches, NEWSMAX the CDC, and Dr. Fauci's own emails just to to name a few. Unbiased and w/o any political agenda. Sorry if you can't handle the facts or the info is contrary to what you have been told or believe.

BTW- A typical vaccine can take up 10 to 15 years to develop. You actually believe that developing a vaccine in only 9 MONTHS had SUFFICIENT clinical trials? If you do, you are sadly mistaken.

Do you recall anyone from the CDC or any of the drug companies stating what the potential side effects of the vaccine were at the time the vax was released? No one did, but we are are learning about it now aren't we?

Read Dr. Fauci's e-mails for more on the effectiveness of masks. The fact that store bought masks are NOT effective in preventing COVID is plainly written in English in his e-mails which were obtained thru FOIA.(Freedom Of Information Act). The info is widely available to anyone, so go get it.

Face shields do not work either. The virus particles are free floating and can EASILY be absorbed thru the nose and mouth traveling under, above and thru sides of the shield. This is only common sense.

The flip flopping of the "experts" is like watching a marlin out of water. Masks do not work. Social distance. Wear a mask and social distance. Wear 2 masks and social distance. Get the vax and you won't need a mask. If you get the vax, you need a mask. Get the vax and you need 2 masks. etc etc....

Bottom line- If you have been vaccinated, act vaccinated. That was your choice.
Those who have not, have free will and most live in a free country. It is their body and their choice.

Your post came off as 'I work for Fox News! Believe everything I say and don't question it!' etc. So, my bad.

I am an independent voter - and tell you what, it's extremely frustrating sometimes when I tow that line of 'voting counts'. The rest of the time it doesn't matter to me.

I never thought I'd say something along these lines but... you don't know what news sources I watch and your assumption that you do is ignorant. After all, I am not part of the reason mainstream media has an issue.

You're using Fauci's emails as facts? And Newsmax? The other Fox News? The two are so hugely divided yet faulty, more so Newsmax than Fauci's idiotic emails. Newsmax is just another fake news outlet.

In regard to facts changing the glaring obviousness of the word "novel" should be telling but don't let that be of any concern at this point, it clearly doesn't matter.

I met someone that works at a place in Louisiana that informed me that COVID-19 had been found in New Orleans in October of 2018. Based on friends I have down here and things I've heard prior to finding that out, and add in the person I was talking to, what I know and why remains a mystery in regard to why I would bother to say anything as some kind of possible futile teenage angst ridden Fox Newsian opinionated dismissive "I'M RIGHT!" argument about "facts" that you are blowing about, like with how long a vaccine takes to develop.

Which is true, yes, they generally take a long time.

I've read a lot about masks. It seems their point is lost on you (and millions of others) because, I dunno, the little flag waving liberty stance? Yes, Midnight Toker, you are being kept DOWN because you must wear a mask to go into Hobby Lobby.

Oh wait - they don't care about society.

For whatever ignorant, inane, insipid and or ridiculous reason, people take information about something, like masks, or better yet, getting vaxxed, and then blow it all up to IT'S EITHER 100% OR 0% AND I'LL GO WITH ZERO BECAUSE WHY BOTHER!

Look up the word "mitigation". Think football helmet.

It's very simple - yet so incredibly difficult for flag wavers to understand the simplicity of the danger.

Have you ever had surgery?

Date: July 20, 2021 23:05

skytrench
daspyknows

You seem so confident in your knowledge. Please, share your source, unless it's coming out from where the sun don't shine.

Two interesting articles on this that do not mention age. Lots of other reasons and some more troubling than others. Your age "analysis" is just two data points. One from your fingers from typing and the other from where you referenced.

[www.bbc.com]
[www.newyorker.com]

Date: July 20, 2021 23:27

Nikkei
Hairball

- Vivek Cherian

The worst case scenario is something completely different? Is that uplifting or rather something meaningless that could be said about everything? A worst case scenario and also completely different could be radioactive pigs. I heard they have them in Japan

Not sure I get the sarcasm, but it was in reference to a "completely different" new mutation vs. the current/older Delta version as talked about in the article: Corona Surge

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2021 23:59

There's just no point in fretting about "something completely different". That's not a scientific attitude.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 21, 2021 00:23

Interesting that Newsmax and Fox seem to be getting in line with advocating vaccines and even praising Joe Biden's taking the baton from Trump:

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy Gushes Over Biden in Pro-Vaccine Op-Ed

[www.yahoo.com]

Suddenly, Sean Hannity and other Fox Hosts are urging their viewers to get COVID-19 vaccines

[news.yahoo.com]

Date: July 21, 2021 00:52

daspyknows
Two interesting articles on this that do not mention age. Lots of other reasons and some more troubling than others. Your age "analysis" is just two data points. One from your fingers from typing and the other from where you referenced.

[www.bbc.com]
[www.newyorker.com]

Thank you for sharing these, that article from the New Yorker was excellent, increasing my awareness of the many possible factors. It does mention age and although not dismissive about it, has left me doubting the Ockham’s razor postulate - that younger age is the main reason Sub-Saharan Africa has been spared (as yet). Factors like community immunity achieved through previous infections was eye opening.

The BBC link has a nice statistics table, showing the North and South African countries as having the highest Covid death/infection rates on the continent, whether due to better reporting and testing or older populations is unclear. It will be interesting to check it in the future.

I must conclude that the truth lies not in black or white, but somewhere in the greys. Best wishes to you.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2021 01:28

bleedingman
Interesting that Newsmax and Fox seem to be getting in line with advocating vaccines and even praising Joe Biden's taking the baton from Trump:

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy Gushes Over Biden in Pro-Vaccine Op-Ed

[www.yahoo.com]

Suddenly, Sean Hannity and other Fox Hosts are urging their viewers to get COVID-19 vaccines

[news.yahoo.com]

It's weird...the narrative with those outlets seemed to changed overnight.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...275276277278279280281282283284285...LastNext
Current Page: 280 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home