Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...245246247248249250251252253254255...LastNext
Current Page: 250 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2021 21:45

NashvilleBlues
Hairball
Evidently it's still an issue for some as Dr. Megan Ranney pointed out above.

Also here: Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations Race/Ethnicity

"...these data raise concerns about racial disparities in COVID-19 vaccinations. Preventing such disparities will be important to mitigate the disproportionate impacts of the pandemic for people of color, prevent widening disparities going forward, and achieve broad population immunity. A number of states are implementing strategies to address these disparities, and the federal government is launching a range of approaches to expand vaccine access and uptake, with a particular focus on reaching underserved areas and communities hardest hit by the pandemic. The broadening of eligibility for vaccinations across states should also lead to increasing vaccinations among Black and Hispanic people, who are younger overall than White people. Yet, despite these efforts and broadening eligibility, disparities in vaccination rates are persisting and the pace of vaccinations has slowed across groups. With eligibility expanded across all states, efforts to prioritize equity and make it as easy as possible for people to access vaccinations will be important for continued progress toward achieving high vaccination rates across groups. A focus on equity will also be important when 12 to 15-year-olds become eligible, as analysis shows that over half of this group are teens of color, including a quarter who are Hispanic"

Looks like a choice issue, not an availability issue.

Actually it looks more like a distribution issue, and the fact that it's not as readily available in some areas as it is in others.
Also, not everyone can take time off of work as easily as some others, and there might be transportation/logistics issues, etc.
As for me, I can walk right in to a CVS pharmacy or a Vons grocery store a few miles from me and get the vaccine at anytime.
For many people it's not that convenient, and that's what the article is saying - there needs to be a new strategy to make it easier.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: May 17, 2021 22:00

Hairball
NashvilleBlues
Hairball
Evidently it's still an issue for some as Dr. Megan Ranney pointed out above.

Also here: Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations Race/Ethnicity

"...these data raise concerns about racial disparities in COVID-19 vaccinations. Preventing such disparities will be important to mitigate the disproportionate impacts of the pandemic for people of color, prevent widening disparities going forward, and achieve broad population immunity. A number of states are implementing strategies to address these disparities, and the federal government is launching a range of approaches to expand vaccine access and uptake, with a particular focus on reaching underserved areas and communities hardest hit by the pandemic. The broadening of eligibility for vaccinations across states should also lead to increasing vaccinations among Black and Hispanic people, who are younger overall than White people. Yet, despite these efforts and broadening eligibility, disparities in vaccination rates are persisting and the pace of vaccinations has slowed across groups. With eligibility expanded across all states, efforts to prioritize equity and make it as easy as possible for people to access vaccinations will be important for continued progress toward achieving high vaccination rates across groups. A focus on equity will also be important when 12 to 15-year-olds become eligible, as analysis shows that over half of this group are teens of color, including a quarter who are Hispanic"

Looks like a choice issue, not an availability issue.

Actually it looks more like a distribution issue, and the fact that it's not as readily available in some areas as it is in others.
Also, not everyone can take time off of work as easily as some others, and there might be transportation/logistics issues, etc.
As for me, I can walk right in to a CVS pharmacy or a Vons grocery store a few miles from me and get the vaccine at anytime.
For many people it's not that convenient, and that's what the article is saying - there needs to be a new strategy to make it easier.

Fair enough. There may be some issues, but, unless someone says they want the vaccine, but can't get it, I refuse to believe it is a big issue. Where are the actual people that say they cannot get the vaccine? Just sounds like a bunch of hot air. Are there race issues in the US? Clearly, but vaccine access, is not one.

Date: May 17, 2021 22:05

I'm not a Dr. like Dr. Megan Ranney who is also a professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University, nor am I one of the contributors/researchers to the Kaiser Family Foundation story above,
but I have no reason to disbelieve or doubt their research and what they have to say about these issues.

Date: May 18, 2021 04:59

Better to be safe....

California won't lift its mask mandate until June 15
By VICTORIA COLLIVER
05/17/2021

Cali-Masks

OAKLAND — California will not lift its Covid-19 mask mandate to align with new federal recommendations until after June 15, the target date for the state to fully reopen businesses, state health officials said Monday.
"This four-week week period will give Californians time to prepare for this change while we continue the relentless focus on delivering vaccines," Health and Human Service Secretary Mark Ghaly said. This announcement makes California, along with New Jersey and Hawaii, one of the final holdouts to revise its mask policy after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention abruptly announced Thursday that fully vaccinated people can go without masks in most situations. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday said vaccinated New Yorkers will no longer be required to wear masks or face coverings in most settings beginning Wednesday. New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy refused on Monday to lift his state's indoor mask mandate for fully vaccinated residents, saying he wants to avoid any possibility of an increase in cases.

Gov. Gavin Newsom at a news conference Friday said the state was reviewing its mask policies but underscored that questions remain about enforcement, guidance for schools and what happens if businesses decide to continue requiring masks. “There's a whole host of complexities that we all have to work through,” he said. California first issued its mask requirements nearly a year ago — on June 18. Under the most recent update, the state allowed fully vaccinated people to be maskless outdoors except in crowded events such as concerts, festivals and sporting events, and to socialize indoors without masks with other fully vaccinated people. Ghaly said California wasn't challenging the federal decision by waiting a month to adjust its own rules. “It’s really just giving ourselves across the state some additional time to have it implemented with a high degree of integrity, with a continued focus on protecting the public," he said.

Some businesses, such as Trader Joe's, Costco and Walmart, already moved to lift restrictions for vaccinated customers nationwide, but that won't be allowed in California. “We expect businesses in California to adhere to where the state is and move to implement these standards, or prepare for them, on June 15 as opposed to now," Ghaly said. The state is also working with employers and businesses to figure out how to best determine who is vaccinated for masking purposes, Ghaly said.

Bob Wachter, chair of the Department of Medicine at the UC San Francisco, agreed with California's decision to delay the change. "Good call — simply too much virus & too many unvaxxed folks who won't [wear] masks for no-mask indoor spaces to be safe now," he said on Twitter. But the decision also drew criticism. “This is like saying, ‘We are going to follow the science, but we are going to wait until June 15 to do so,’” Assemblymember Chad Mayes (I-Rancho Mirage) wrote on Twitter. Republican gubernatorial candidate John Cox chided Newsom for "going into hiding when he has something unpopular to announce" and called on the governor to "drop the mask mandate now."

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 18, 2021 05:55

Hairball
Better to be safe....

California won't lift its mask mandate until June 15
By VICTORIA COLLIVER
05/17/2021

Cali-Masks

OAKLAND — California will not lift its Covid-19 mask mandate to align with new federal recommendations until after June 15, the target date for the state to fully reopen businesses, state health officials said Monday.
"This four-week week period will give Californians time to prepare for this change while we continue the relentless focus on delivering vaccines," Health and Human Service Secretary Mark Ghaly said. This announcement makes California, along with New Jersey and Hawaii, one of the final holdouts to revise its mask policy after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention abruptly announced Thursday that fully vaccinated people can go without masks in most situations. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday said vaccinated New Yorkers will no longer be required to wear masks or face coverings in most settings beginning Wednesday. New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy refused on Monday to lift his state's indoor mask mandate for fully vaccinated residents, saying he wants to avoid any possibility of an increase in cases.

Gov. Gavin Newsom at a news conference Friday said the state was reviewing its mask policies but underscored that questions remain about enforcement, guidance for schools and what happens if businesses decide to continue requiring masks. “There's a whole host of complexities that we all have to work through,” he said. California first issued its mask requirements nearly a year ago — on June 18. Under the most recent update, the state allowed fully vaccinated people to be maskless outdoors except in crowded events such as concerts, festivals and sporting events, and to socialize indoors without masks with other fully vaccinated people. Ghaly said California wasn't challenging the federal decision by waiting a month to adjust its own rules. “It’s really just giving ourselves across the state some additional time to have it implemented with a high degree of integrity, with a continued focus on protecting the public," he said.

Some businesses, such as Trader Joe's, Costco and Walmart, already moved to lift restrictions for vaccinated customers nationwide, but that won't be allowed in California. “We expect businesses in California to adhere to where the state is and move to implement these standards, or prepare for them, on June 15 as opposed to now," Ghaly said. The state is also working with employers and businesses to figure out how to best determine who is vaccinated for masking purposes, Ghaly said.

Bob Wachter, chair of the Department of Medicine at the UC San Francisco, agreed with California's decision to delay the change. "Good call — simply too much virus & too many unvaxxed folks who won't [wear] masks for no-mask indoor spaces to be safe now," he said on Twitter. But the decision also drew criticism. “This is like saying, ‘We are going to follow the science, but we are going to wait until June 15 to do so,’” Assemblymember Chad Mayes (I-Rancho Mirage) wrote on Twitter. Republican gubernatorial candidate John Cox chided Newsom for "going into hiding when he has something unpopular to announce" and called on the governor to "drop the mask mandate now."

I agree but I find myself living in Florida.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 18, 2021 13:44

What a surprise to hear the CDC dropping the mask requirement . For the life of me I did not see that one coming . Has the virus been completely vanquished ? I think there is major pressure to refill the cash registers and I get that ,but still this makes me uneasy and I will continue to mask up . Just when I get used to the mask . I can't and won't drop my guard now after all of the safety measures we all took from over a year ago .

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:13

Regarding those reluctant to have the vaccine: has anyone else observed that they're the one's most likely to have the covering glued to their face 24/7? In my workplace, they're definitely amongst the most paranoid. It's quite unbelievable, really. I have colleague whose incredibly reluctant, yet he's somehow content to go about sounding like Darth Vader all day.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:20

Big Al
Regarding those reluctant to have the vaccine: has anyone else observed that they're the one's most likely to have the covering glued to their face 24/7? In my workplace, they're definitely amongst the most paranoid. It's quite unbelievable, really. I have colleague whose incredibly reluctant, yet he's somehow content to go about sounding like Darth Vader all day.

...maybe it's b/c Darth Vader sounds cool?

grinning smiley

I personally try to sound like Chewbacca just to throw people off-base...."oh, sorry...it must be the mask"

for the record, Chewy is the best Star Wars character ever. Full stop.

Date: May 18, 2021 16:21

Big Al

Seems to be the opposite here in Middle Tennessee, from what I've seen. The conspiracy theorists here thought covid was a hoax, and continue to dig in, not wearing masks anywhere. And they aren't getting the vaccine. And some were at the insurrection. Classic.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 18, 2021 16:26

TheGreek
What a surprise to hear the CDC dropping the mask requirement . For the life of me I did not see that one coming . Has the virus been completely vanquished ? I think there is major pressure to refill the cash registers and I get that ,but still this makes me uneasy and I will continue to mask up . Just when I get used to the mask . I can't and won't drop my guard now after all of the safety measures we all took from over a year ago .

thumbs up

They say the decision was based on the science but it appears more politically motivated. The science would have waited until more people were fully vaccinated and community spread was lower. A much greater opportunity now for those that won't vaccinate to also not comply with wearing a mask, as there's no means of verification. I think if they'd waited just a couple of months that would have made considerable difference.

Date: May 18, 2021 17:04

NashvilleBlues
Big Al

Seems to be the opposite here in Middle Tennessee, from what I've seen. The conspiracy theorists here thought covid was a hoax, and continue to dig in, not wearing masks anywhere. And they aren't getting the vaccine. And some were at the insurrection. Classic.

I've never personally come across any covid-deniers; only those wary of the vaccine. It's just that in my experience, they're the one's who are chronic covering-wearers. Yes, there are the twats who don't wear the covering on public transport, but they're not deniers as such; they're just anti-authoritarian. If it were not face-coverings, it'd be something else.

Date: May 18, 2021 17:10

Big Al
NashvilleBlues
Big Al

I've never personally come across any covid-deniers; only those wary of the vaccine. It's just that in my experience, they're the one's who are chronic covering-wearers. Yes, there are the twats who don't wear the covering on public transport, but they're not deniers as such; they're just anti-authoritarian. If it were not face-coverings, it'd be something else.

They were deniers in the beginning. Now many have had covid, or know someone who has, so they don't think its fake any more, but they continue to not wear masks, though.

Date: May 18, 2021 17:37

NashvilleBlues
Big Al
NashvilleBlues
Big Al

They were deniers in the beginning. Now many have had covid, or know someone who has, so they don't think its fake any more, but they continue to not wear masks, though.

Ah, I'm with you. They're a little like some of my fellow commuters, then. I don't like wearing the covering, but it's the law, so I do so. I don't have a medical excuse. You do see - not many, admittedly - those who wear the exemption badges.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 18, 2021 19:31

In NYC, Radio City Music Hall will be opening at full capacity, no masks, in July but everyone must be vaccinated. I'm curious to see how many people feel confident enough to sit indoors with 3,000 people and how the vaccine mandate will factor. Great news for the employees.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 18, 2021 19:47

bleedingman
In NYC, Radio City Music Hall will be opening at full capacity, no masks, in July but everyone must be vaccinated. I'm curious to see how many people feel confident enough to sit indoors with 3,000 people and how the vaccine mandate will factor. Great news for the employees.

Anyone who is normally healthy and has been vaccinated should feel extremely confident in not becoming sick with Covid in any situation surrounded by other people.

Nate

Date: May 18, 2021 20:10

Nate
bleedingman

Anyone who is normally healthy and has been vaccinated should feel extremely confident in not becoming sick with Covid in any situation surrounded by other people.

Nate

I agree and hopefully that will be the case. It's still a couple of months off and hopefully the guidance and evidence will reassure people. There's still a lot of uncertainty and paranoia here.

Date: May 18, 2021 20:27

bleedingman
Nate
bleedingman

Nate

I agree and hopefully that will be the case. It's still a couple of months off and hopefully the guidance and evidence will reassure people. There's still a lot of uncertainty and paranoia here.

Paranoia = More Better Seats Available

glass = half full!

Date: May 18, 2021 20:50

bleedingman

You have a different system, obviously?

Here we (when it opens up soon) need a pass showing if you're vaccinated, tested recently or if you've had covid.

Date: May 18, 2021 20:58

DandelionPowderman
bleedingman

You have a different system, obviously?

Here we (when it opens up soon) need a pass showing if you're vaccinated, tested recently or if you've had covid.

Radio City will require proof of vaccination. Apparently antibody tests aren't sufficient. And they are actually opening in June, my mistake. [news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 18, 2021 21:33

“By the end of September 2021, the surgical backlog will balloon to 419,000, and the diagnostic backlog will soar to nearly 2.5 million procedures, the report says.” [ [ipolitics.ca] ]

One of the consequences of COVID that doesn’t seem to get much attention is the mounting number of delayed surgical and diagnostic procedures. The above-captioned article notes that it will take over 3 years to clear the backlog in Ontario, at huge financial cost. A woman recently died of cancer after her surgery was cancelled 3 times. Another person was scheduled for surgery to repair an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which was delayed - this is a life threatening condition. A man was on a gurney outside the OR to have a triple bypass - already twice delayed - and the surgeon came out to tell him it couldn’t proceed as there wasn’t the capacity for critical care if there was any complication from his surgery. Diagnostic testing for heart conditions, cancer, etc, aren’t being done, with the unavoidable result that people will be diagnosed much later and may have worse prognoses. At the same time, we are hearing that as many as 30% of nurses want to leave the profession due to stress and perceived lack of support.

If vaccines aren’t taken in high enough numbers to reach herd immunity, this will only worsen.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: May 18, 2021 21:37

SomeTorontoGirl
“By the end of September 2021, the surgical backlog will balloon to 419,000, and the diagnostic backlog will soar to nearly 2.5 million procedures, the report says.” [ [ipolitics.ca] ]

One of the consequences of COVID that doesn’t seem to get much attention is the mounting number of delayed surgical and diagnostic procedures. The above-captioned article notes that it will take over 3 years to clear the backlog in Ontario, at huge financial cost. A woman recently died of cancer after her surgery was cancelled 3 times. Another person was scheduled for surgery to repair an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which was delayed - this is a life threatening condition. A man was on a gurney outside the OR to have a triple bypass - already twice delayed - and the surgeon came out to tell him it couldn’t proceed as there wasn’t the capacity for critical care if there was any complication from his surgery. Diagnostic testing for heart conditions, cancer, etc, aren’t being done, with the unavoidable result that people will be diagnosed much later and may have worse prognoses. At the same time, we are hearing that as many as 30% of nurses want to leave the profession due to stress and perceived lack of support.

If vaccines aren’t taken in high enough numbers to reach herd immunity, this will only worsen.

It has been a challenge to get health care during the pandemic. Telehealth next to useless for complicated issues.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 19, 2021 07:39

Texan governor Gregg Abbott said in a tweet from Monday:

Today Texas reported:

* 0 Covid related deaths--the only time that's happened since data was tracked in March, 2020.

* the fewest Covid cases in over 13 months

* the lowest 7-day Covid positivity rate ever

* the lowest Covid hospitalizations in 11 months.

Thanks, Texans!

Good sign. People apparently can be precaucious without masks. Who would have thought! grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2021 09:12

The AGE --- 19 May 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: May 19, 2021 18:50

I work with some real beauts. One guy that is the most scared of his shadow will not get the vaxx because FOX hasn't directed him to , but when a pretty lady comes in and says "we don't have to wear masks at work " which we are to continue to mask up and social distance to stay safe , says Oh yeah I am getting it this week . Then I ask him about and then I get the BS of Walgreens has a waiting list -I.E. he was full of crap and was just trying to impress the lady . Another Gent says "no I don't have to wear it" and our boss says yes you do , then I of course jump in and quote from the official memorandum which was issued overnight that says to continue all safety protocols . How is any of this going to protect us ? From another surge ? Which will happen due to all the idiots running around . Hurry up and open everything back up and fill the coffers fast and damn the torpedo's coming in !

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 19, 2021 19:52

TheGreek
I work with some real beauts. One guy that is the most scared of his shadow will not get the vaxx because FOX hasn't directed him to , but when a pretty lady comes in and says "we don't have to wear masks at work " which we are to continue to mask up and social distance to stay safe , says Oh yeah I am getting it this week . Then I ask him about and then I get the BS of Walgreens has a waiting list -I.E. he was full of crap and was just trying to impress the lady . Another Gent says "no I don't have to wear it" and our boss says yes you do , then I of course jump in and quote from the official memorandum which was issued overnight that says to continue all safety protocols . How is any of this going to protect us ? From another surge ? Which will happen due to all the idiots running around . Hurry up and open everything back up and fill the coffers fast and damn the torpedo's coming in !

We just have the hope the vaccine keeps us who are vaccinated safe. I hate to say it but I pretty much think we need one more big wave that affects the anti-vaxxers and hopefully avoids those vaccinated. It may slow down the reopening a bit but one more short period of severe pain affecting those deniers would be better for the majority than a long slow burn that affects everyone. Unfortunately this would stress the health care staff one more time. Some folks have not learned and if they don't learn from that they never will. Let the anti-vaxxers and deniers flame away.

Date: May 19, 2021 20:16

daspyknows
TheGreek

We just have the hope the vaccine keeps us who are vaccinated safe. I hate to say it but I pretty much think we need one more big wave that affects the anti-vaxxers and hopefully avoids those vaccinated. It may slow down the reopening a bit but one more short period of severe pain affecting those deniers would be better for the majority than a long slow burn that affects everyone. Unfortunately this would stress the health care staff one more time. Some folks have not learned and if they don't learn from that they never will. Let the anti-vaxxers and deniers flame away.

No. No we do not.

You do realize that there are (literally) billions of people around the world who have not been vaccinated yet b/c they don't have access to the vaccine?

What happens to them w/ this 2nd wave?

and all the people who lose their homes and businesses (and minds) b/c of another lockdown?

I guess they will just have to be "collateral damage?"

My goodness, man....I've never seen anyone on the internet wish so much ill-will upon other human beings.

I think anti-vaxxers and deniers are ridiculous too...but, I'm not going to be a cheerleader for their sickness and death....my goodness.

"You just can't live in that negative way, make way for the positive day" - Bob.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 19, 2021 20:30

The San Diego show is canceled, because the SDCCU Stadium was demolished earlier this year. The tour is still on, and they will reschedule dates as soon as the pandemic is over in USA, hopefully later this year.

Details here:

The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2020

Bjornulf

Date: May 19, 2021 20:31

NY ending numerous Covid-19 restrictions today: See full list

NewYork

Albany, N.Y. — Gov. Andrew Cuomo has pitched today, May 19, as a “major reopening” of New York.
The state is eliminating a number of the Covid-19 rules that have been governing our daily lives for months.
Cuomo announced the changes previously. Here’s a look:

Nearly all capacity limits on businesses end today. Restaurants, stores and others must still maintain 6 feet of space between customers, unless everyone is vaccinated. In that case, businesses can operate at 100% capacity.

Businesses can also designate certain sections for vaccinated people. Those sections can operate at full capacity. Social distancing must be maintained in sections for the unvaccinated. Businesses have to get proof of vaccination from customers to take advantage of the higher capacity rule and eliminate social distancing.

The capacity limit change applies to houses of worship, bars, restaurants, museums, retail stores, gyms, fitness centers, amusement parks, family entertainment centers, hair salons, spas, barber shops, offices and more.

Theaters, arenas, stadiums and other event venues are also allowed to operate at 100% capacity without masks if everyone is vaccinated. They can also designate sections for vaccinated and unvaccinated attendees, with vaccinated sections operating at 100% capacity and no masks.

Distancing must be maintained in unvaccinated sections. Venues must get proof of vaccination to eliminate social distancing. The rules apply to venues that host weddings, parties, meetings and conferences too.

New York’s new rule on masks also takes effect today. The state is adopting guidance from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which allows fully vaccinated people to go without masks in most situations, including indoors, outdoors and even large crowds. Unvaccinated people must continue to wear masks.

Remember: Businesses are still allowed to set their own rules. They can choose to require masks for everyone if they want. And masks are still mandatory in some places, including schools, nursing homes, health care settings, correctional facilities, homeless shelters and on public transportation, including ride sharing services like Uber and Lyft.

The limit on indoor gatherings at private homes rises today to 50, up from 10.

The limit on indoor gatherings outside homes increases today to 250, up from 100. The limit on outdoor gatherings previously rose from 200 to 500. That limit applies to outdoor gatherings at homes as well.

In addition, New York’s curfew on outdoor dining at bars and restaurants ended Monday. Establishments no longer have to shut down outdoor tables at midnight. The midnight curfew for indoor dining remains in place, but is scheduled to end May 31.

“We have to reopen. We have to reopen smart. We have to reopen with a cautious eye,” Cuomo said during a press conference Monday. “But we have to get back to life. And we have to get back to life and living. We have to do it quickly and robustly.”

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 19, 2021 20:48

stickyfingers101
daspyknows
TheGreek

No. No we do not.

You do realize that there are (literally) billions of people around the world who have not been vaccinated yet b/c they don't have access to the vaccine?

and all the people who lose their homes and businesses (and minds) b/c of another lockdown?

My goodness, man....I've never seen anyone on the internet wish so much ill-will upon other human beings.

I think anti-vaxxers and deniers are ridiculous too...but, I'm not going to be a cheerleader for their sickness and death....my goodness.

"You just can't live in that negative way, make way for the positive day" - Bob.

I am talking about the US. The big waves will hit regardless. Look at India, Nepal and Pakistan now. I am all for helping them get vaccines and get their people vaccinated. Give them the vaccines that the anti-vaxxers refuse to take. In the US those who want a vaccine can get it. Those who don't can play Russian roulette. They are not my concern if they are not concerned. Vaccines should go to those who want AND need them. You completely misread my point but then again, it is par for the course.

This.... Places where people don't get the jab get the virus.

[www.cnn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-19 20:53 by daspyknows.

Date: May 19, 2021 21:06

daspyknows
stickyfingers101
daspyknows
TheGreek

No. No we do not.

I am talking about the US. The big waves will hit regardless. Look at India, Nepal and Pakistan now. I am all for helping them get vaccines and get their people vaccinated. Give them the vaccines that the anti-vaxxers refuse to take. In the US those who want a vaccine can get it. Those who don't can play Russian roulette. They are not my concern if they are not concerned. Vaccines should go to those who want AND need them. You completely misread my point but then again, it is par for the course.

This.... Places where people don't get the jab get the virus.

[www.cnn.com]
My heart bleeds for those that don't have access in Third World Countries who have to live in dense urban population centers such as India . There is no excuse for ignorance of ones own health and well being in a rich country like the United States of America , for instance like my co workers who I referenced .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...245246247248249250251252253254255...LastNext
Current Page: 250 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1278
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home