Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...231232233234235236237238239240241...LastNext
Current Page: 236 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 24, 2021 01:46

SonofHarlemShuffler
Getting my second jab soon. I am SO glad the UK left the EU.

The UK's course of action would have also been possible if it had not left the EU (albeit maybe politically less straightforward).

Overall, the UK hasn't been the best place to be over the course of the pandemic (again not a result of leaving the EU), although it has certainly got its vaccination act together...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 24, 2021 20:46

Things continue to get stranger by the day with this guy using his coronavirus infection as a weapon!!!

From CNN:

Man arrested in Mallorca town on suspicion of infecting 22 people with Covid-19

Covid19

A man in the town of Manacor on the Spanish island of Mallorca has been arrested on suspicion of infecting 22 people with Covid-19, according to the Spanish National Police.
"Despite having symptoms and having done a PCR test, he continued his normal life without waiting for the result or quarantining," police said of the suspect in a tweet on Saturday.
Authorities added that the 40-year-old man "came to work with a 40°C fever [104°F] according to his colleagues. He was coughing loudly all over the place, lowering his facemask,
while saying: 'I'm going to give you all the coronavirus.'"

The man infected eight people directly and 14 indirectly, both at his workplace and at the gym he attended, according to the police. Three of them were babies of only a year old, a police statement said.
The investigation began "at the end of January when authorities learned of the existence of a Covid-19 outbreak in a well-known establishment in Manacor," the statement said.
There have been almost 3.5 million recorded cases of Covid-19 in Spain, according to data from Johns Hopkins University, and more than 77,500 have died.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 24, 2021 21:06

THIS is why some professions need a vaccine mandate. If you work around vulnerable people your job requires it. Are pilots allowed to fly drunk? NO! Are children allowed to attend school without measles vaccinations? NO! Why is Covid any different?

[www.aarp.org]

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 25, 2021 02:41

Horrible news from India: 1 Million infected in three days. Hospitals are running out of oxygen.
And what's up in Belgium? Hospitals asking for help abroad.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 25, 2021 03:13

YES what is happening in other countries is
down right scary ... Esp in places like India...

So very lucky to be living down here .... but
still hear many complaining that they had to wear
a mask and line up to get a coffee ....

ROCKMAN

Date: April 25, 2021 03:29

Herald Sun --- 25 April 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: April 25, 2021 04:07

Very sad and alarming whats happening in India...shockingly sad... I've seen some horrible pics in many respected news sources (CNN, Reuters, etc) showing pyre after pyre burning openly in public areas...

That last paragraph in the article above should be a warning for many other countries, including here in the US where certain states are getting slammed whether they're lifting restrictions or not.
From Washington state in the northwest to Florida in the southeast to Texas in the south central part of the country....and every other state in between...certainly no time to let down the guard yet and think it's safe..

"We thought we won the race against the COVID, but it returned with full force,
shaking the foundation of our healthcare system, which we didn't anticipate"

And then there's the mention of double mutant and triple mutant in India...wow...

Date: April 25, 2021 04:50

India sounds like Brazil and the US a few months ago.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 25, 2021 04:51

Like Yogi Berra said, it ain't over till its over.

Maybe that was Yogi Bear but you get the point.

jb

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 25, 2021 17:39

Just got diagnosed with COVID-19 today. Felt like shot since yesterday.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 25, 2021 18:48

JumpingKentFlash

Prayers up for you & hang in there!

Date: April 25, 2021 18:48

JumpingKentFlash

All the best,JumpingKentFlash. I know someone who had it too and they returned to work after the required self-isolation period. I don’t think they’d been vaccinated and had a tough time for three or four days but then began to get better. I hope you feel a lot better this time next week.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 25, 2021 19:13

Hope you start to feel better JumpingKentFlash, very soon.thumbs up

Had my second jab at Epsom racecourse Friday afternoon and didn't even feel it at all and no after effects. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-25 19:34 by crawdaddy.

Date: April 25, 2021 20:27

My wife and I just had our second shot of Pfizer yesterday morning, and no side effects such as fever, chills, or flu-like symptoms of any kind for either of us.
Just a bit of a sore upper arm like the first time which feels like a very minor charlie horse...a dull pain... and only when we move our arms.
Feeling physically great and psychologically relieved, and hoping this entire thing will eventually be a thing of the past...

Date: April 25, 2021 20:44

JumpingKentFlash

Well damn this is unsettling to read...

You're in our thoughts, and positive vibes being sent your way.
Hoping you all the very best JumpingKentFlash!

Date: April 25, 2021 21:59

Stay safe JumpingKentFlash....hope all goes well ...

Take Care

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 25, 2021 23:27

Sorry to read this, JumpingKentFlash. You’ll be alright thumbs up

Date: April 25, 2021 23:30

THE AUSTRALIAN --- 26 April 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 25, 2021 23:59

JKF - Best wishes for a full and quick recovery.

Date: April 26, 2021 00:27

THE AGE --- 26 April 2021

ROCKMAN

Date: April 26, 2021 01:10

Get well, Kent!

Date: April 26, 2021 01:19

Regarding the article posted above - hopefully Biden and his administration will lift (or ease up) the restrictions on exports of supplies India so desperately needs during this hour of darkness.

Date: April 26, 2021 02:09

With the demand for vaccinations decreasing in the US, there's clearly still a long ways to go until this is over.
But this might entice some people...free doughnuts, hotdogs, beer, burgers, and cheesecake!

From CNN:

Got vaccinated? Here's all the free stuff you can get

Freebies

Maybe McDonalds, KFC, and all the other unhealthy junk food giants will join in.
As for me, a big no to any of that garbage food, I'm fine thanks...getting the vaccine itself was the only enticement I needed.

Date: April 26, 2021 03:42

Hairball
With the demand for vaccinations decreasing in the US, there's clearly still a long ways to go until this is over.
But this might entice some people...free doughnuts, hotdogs, beer, burgers, and cheesecake!

From CNN:

Got vaccinated? Here's all the free stuff you can get

Freebies

Maybe McDonalds, KFC, and all the other unhealthy junk food giants will join in.
As for me, a big no to any of that garbage food, I'm fine thanks...getting the vaccine itself was the only enticement I needed.

Same here. All I'd like to see if a vaccine requirement to get on a plane, go to a concert or sporting event or to eat indoors in a restaurant. No vaccine, stay home.

Date: April 26, 2021 16:43

JumpingKentFlash

Same here! My wife and I despite all precautions caught it last September. Mercifully a mild case as COVID goes but....I wouldn't wish that week's symptoms off on my worse enemy. Especially while we are taking care of my 90 yr old cancer patient father. He didn't catch it so all good.

You can bet we all lined up and got our shots. His in January, my wife's in February, mine in late Feb-mid March. Oh happy days!!

Take care and heal.

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 27, 2021 02:34

I'm so confused. I must have social distanced at least 200 miles this past year. Trust the science.

Staying 6 feet apart indoors does almost nothing to stop the spread of COVID-19, MIT study finds

[news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 27, 2021 04:19

bleedingman
I'm so confused. I must have social distanced at least 200 miles this past year. Trust the science.

Staying 6 feet apart indoors does almost nothing to stop the spread of COVID-19, MIT study finds

[news.yahoo.com]

You had me at "I'm so confused"..
Also, had to chuckle at the notion of calculating the "miles" like you had to walk them or something, Lol.

The yet to be peer reviewed "study" may end up to be correct who knows?
Who cares?

The main takeaway from them is precautions should perhaps be individualized to the space.
Good luck with that. Similar at 6 or 60 feet with no mask.
Could be, so even more data to support masks, not reduced distancing etc.

"The risk of exposure from an infected person is similar at 6 feet and 60 feet, one researcher said.

The study said mask-wearing, ventilation, and what a space is used for were bigger variables."

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 27, 2021 05:33

I tested positive with a mild case early on. 2 days of flu like symptoms and messed up taste for a while.

2 people at work caught it this past month. Both only complained about headaches.

Only person, out of numerous people I know who tested positive, had a rough time. She was overweight and complained about difficulty breathing. Her doctor told her to go out and exercise. She did and believes that is what helped her get thru it.

Half the people here, las vegas, don't wear masks. I got my jabs. At this point I can't really give a shit about anyone else. Everything opens back up on the 1st. Can't wait!!!

Date: April 27, 2021 07:13

Only in Florida can you lose your job for getting vaccinated but not for not getting vaccinated.

[cbsloc.al]

Date: April 27, 2021 07:21

MingSubu
I tested positive with a mild case early on. 2 days of flu like symptoms and messed up taste for a while.

2 people at work caught it this past month. Both only complained about headaches.

Only person, out of numerous people I know who tested positive, had a rough time. She was overweight and complained about difficulty breathing. Her doctor told her to go out and exercise. She did and believes that is what helped her get thru it.

Half the people here, las vegas, don't wear masks. I got my jabs. At this point I can't really give a shit about anyone else. Everything opens back up on the 1st. Can't wait!!!

Yep all those people in India who are sick and dying of Covid are old and overweight. Same for those getting sick in Michigan.

A good friend in Las Vegas's mailman is a single father under 40. Was in great health, not overweight and had no pre-existing conditions. He caught Covid in early November. Spent 12 weeks in the hospital including 8 in the ICU. Has tried to go back to work twice in the last 6 weeks and has been unable to work more than a few days. He is lucky to be alive but is a shell of his former self. For every person who got lucky and didn't get a bad case there is another person who has had their life changed in a bad way or worse.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...231232233234235236237238239240241...LastNext
Current Page: 236 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home