Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...227228229230231232233234235236237...LastNext
Current Page: 232 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 13, 2021 15:55

United States called for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine after 6 recipients in the US developed a rare disorder involving blood clots within ca. 2 weeks of vaccination - [www.NYTimes.com] .

Johnson & Johnson would delay the planned rollout of its vaccine in Europe after the US called for a pause on the jab’s use in the US while they investigate several incidents of rare blood clots - [www.FT.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 23:45 by Irix.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2021 16:13

A lot of people dragging the FDA and CDC over the J&J pause, citing that it was only six people out of millions etc. and the move will make more people hesitant.
I think ultimately it's a good thing for those vaccine hesitant in that it shows the system is working as designed,

6 recipients, all women btw 18 & 48 have developed a rare disorder involving blood clots; 1 has died, another critical. All received the J&J vaccine so US Fed Health agencies are calling for an immediate halt in the use of the 1-dose vaccine. - Reuters

- U.S. federal health agencies on Tuesday will call for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson's single-dose COVID-19 vaccine after six U.S. recipients developed a rare disorder involving blood clots, the New York Times reported, citing officials briefed on the decision.

All the six recipients were women between the ages of 18 and 48. One woman died and a second woman in Nebraska has been hospitalized in critical condition, the NYT reported.
[www.aol.com]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 13, 2021 16:16

Beast
TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek
I just got my second dose of the Phizer vaccine yesterday . So the needle went in like silk and I did not feel it . This injection was at the top of my arm next to the top of my shoulder , unlike the first dose which was a little lower on my arm . So no symptoms yesterday , except I felt a tad bit tired . Slept well last night , kept myself very hydrated and ate a rather healthy meal yesterday . Today I awoke to my arm being a little sore and I have been massaging it . Fingers crossed that is all of my symptoms .

My wife and I had very little symptoms from our first Pfizer shot last weekend except for some very minor pain in the shoulder, but that didn't happen until the day after, and only when moving, raising, or stretching arm. Reminded me slightly of when my older brother used to punch me in the arm when we were kids...just a mild charlie horse sensation, but it was totally gone the next day, and completely forgot I even had the shot.
Both of our first injections were at the top of arm near shoulder, so the locations probably makes no difference. Hoping you get through the rest of it all OK, and we look forward to the experience of getting it all done with in a couple of weeks. Each day is one step closer, and to think of the uncertainty surrounding it all just one year ago...even a half year ago...truly miraculous there's a vaccine at all...it all happened at warp speed.thumbs up
That is awesome that you both got your first dose of the Pfizer. I awoke to this morning still having some pain and discomfort in my arm where I was injected . Yes, it hurts more when I lift my arm . This makes me wonder why such a small needle causes this discomfort ? I have had shots all of my life , maybe it's just the location . I will tell you this with all of the folks still contracting COVID-19 , we will not be droping our guard one bit at all and will continue to stay masked in public and practice social distancing as well . I just don't trust anything except the Doctors . It is really a small price to pay to stay safe . As we have our quality of life and enjoy our favorites that make us happy . We have our health and livelihoods and no need to take and chances or risks . I feel very blessed to have been vaccinated and it gives me comfort of having protection . Best Wishes and Please Stay Safe !

It's not to do with the size of the needle. It's the immune response to the foreign substances detected around the site where the needle went in.

I've never had soreness from flu jabs and had no soreness from either dose of my COVID-19 vaccine until yesterday, one week after the second dose, when I got soreness and stabbing pains at the injection site. Seems to have gone so far today.
Wow, I never considered that it's to do with the immune response to the foreign substances detected around the site where the needle went in . Quite fascinating to say the least .Thank You for the information .

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: April 13, 2021 16:44

Well my age group (45+, I’m 47) invited to book a jab from today in England. It was like a virtual queue for a gig ticket jumping in at 9am but I’m now booked for Friday (a pharmacy led clinic in a village hall about a mile from my house) and July 8th for second jab

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 13, 2021 18:02

TheGreek
daspyknows
Glad to see folks (the smart ones) getting vaxxed. Had my second Pfizer shot Saturday morning. Felt fine all day but about 2AM woke up feeling cold and achy. Pretty much 24 hours of feeling crappy but better now and all good until/unless booster shots are needed.

Hard to believe it has been a year since I was recovering from Covid and now I don't have to worry. At this point (at least in the US) anyone who wants a vaccine should be able to get one in the next few weeks and if they refuse as CaptainCorella so eloquently says Darwin Rules.

My hope is the rest of the world (both rich and poor nations) have access to safe and effective vaccines. Its the only way to win this war.
So awesome that you got your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine . I do hope you feel better ! I kept very hydrated and ate very healthy the day of the second dose ( 2 days ago on Sunday ) The other thing that stands out to me is how well I have slept the past 2 nights , including Sunday night going into work day Monday and including last night as well . That is major for me getting a good nights rest . I continue to pray for every one to stay safe and for the vaccine to be distributed to everyone around the globe and for folks to be encouraged to receive the vaccination/protection . Best Wishes and please Stay Safe !

Thanks. Doing much better. Ready for resuming life but like you I will continue to wear masks in public and being careful. I feel fortunate to be fully vaxxed and most of my family and friends are also doing the right thing.

Date: April 13, 2021 18:05

DandelionPowderman
bv
The 60 years old conspiracy theory fan Hans Kristian Gaarder from Gran Norway died from covid-19 last week. Today a woman age 70 from the same conspiracy theory group in Gran died from covid-19. The small local community Gran have big problems tracing the related covid-19 cases now, as Hans Kristian Gaarder did actually host meetings, while sick, promoting his conspiracy theories denying covid-19 and so on. Those who attended the meetings do not cooperate with our health authorities.

Chemtrail conspiracy theories, denying covid-19, and all other sorts of conspiracy theories may be deadly, eventually, as it seems.

Foreløpig obduksjonsrapport etter Gaarder-dødsfall: Forenlig med covid-19 (VG)

Hans was a former colleague of mine. He worked in sales in the media house where I'm still working. This was the late 00s. He was a likeable guy.

All of a sudden he decided to quit, though, to try his luck as an author. I noticed at a summer party that he was talking more and more about "double popes", Illuminati, chemtrails, vaccines and other wild conspiracy theories.

He started from there, and eventually he became a dominant figure in the Norwegian conspi-environment.

Really sad...

Have seen many go down that rathole in the US. It is a sign of the times unfortunately.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: April 13, 2021 21:13

I got my second Pfizer jab on Sunday. For the first jab, I barely felt the needle and had a sore arm that night. For the second jab, the injection actually hurt, but no sore arm and no other effects whatsoever. It is a sense of relief to have both inoculations behind me. It’s seeing that the light at the end of the tunnel. Godspeed, everyone!

Date: April 13, 2021 23:18

If they do this for a Stones tour it works for me.

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

The Bills were able to have some fans in the building for their playoff home games in January and they are looking forward to having a lot more of them on hand this fall.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said on Tuesday that he is supportive of plans to have the newly rechristened Highmark Stadium open at full capacity when the 2021 season gets underway in September. He noted that the plan is to limit admission to those who have been vaccinated for COVID-19.

“Our plan is that unless you are vaccinated, you will not have entry to the stadium. It is easy and safe,” Poloncarz said, via Sal Capaccio of WGR 550.

There was no mention of what that would mean for children under 16 as the vaccines in use are currently not approved for use for that group and there are plenty of other details about the plans for Bills games that need to come to light, but they likely won’t be the only team moving in this direction ahead of the 2021 season.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 13, 2021 23:38

Irix
United States called for an immediate pause in use of Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine after 6 recipients in the US developed a rare disorder involving blood clots within ca. 2 weeks of vaccination - [www.NYTimes.com] .

That's ridiculous.

Date: April 13, 2021 23:42

daspyknows
DandelionPowderman
bv
The 60 years old conspiracy theory fan Hans Kristian Gaarder from Gran Norway died from covid-19 last week. Today a woman age 70 from the same conspiracy theory group in Gran died from covid-19. The small local community Gran have big problems tracing the related covid-19 cases now, as Hans Kristian Gaarder did actually host meetings, while sick, promoting his conspiracy theories denying covid-19 and so on. Those who attended the meetings do not cooperate with our health authorities.

Chemtrail conspiracy theories, denying covid-19, and all other sorts of conspiracy theories may be deadly, eventually, as it seems.

Foreløpig obduksjonsrapport etter Gaarder-dødsfall: Forenlig med covid-19 (VG)

Hans was a former colleague of mine. He worked in sales in the media house where I'm still working. This was the late 00s. He was a likeable guy.

All of a sudden he decided to quit, though, to try his luck as an author. I noticed at a summer party that he was talking more and more about "double popes", Illuminati, chemtrails, vaccines and other wild conspiracy theories.

He started from there, and eventually he became a dominant figure in the Norwegian conspi-environment.

Really sad...

Have seen many go down that rathole in the US. It is a sign of the times unfortunately.

Yep. And it's easy to know who to not be friends with. There's enough idiocy in the world, why have it so close? Gullibility that is bullied by wrong opinion and or lies and that is morphed, shaped and misguided by fear says a lot about someone. In the US it's rampant, even without Twitter.

Date: April 13, 2021 23:49

daspyknows

The Bills were able to have some fans in the building for their playoff home games in January and they are looking forward to having a lot more of them on hand this fall.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said on Tuesday that he is supportive of plans to have the newly rechristened Highmark Stadium open at full capacity when the 2021 season gets underway in September. He noted that the plan is to limit admission to those who have been vaccinated for COVID-19.

“Our plan is that unless you are vaccinated, you will not have entry to the stadium. It is easy and safe,” Poloncarz said, via Sal Capaccio of WGR 550.

There was no mention of what that would mean for children under 16 as the vaccines in use are currently not approved for use for that group and there are plenty of other details about the plans for Bills games that need to come to light, but they likely won’t be the only team moving in this direction ahead of the 2021 season.

I find it incredible that there are people against such a thing, like airlines doing this. What the hell. It turns into Big Brother conspiracy garbage and on and on. Makes me think maybe those people shouldn't wear seatbelts, helmets or they should ignore road lanes, do not touch - electrocution and so on.

"You know how much this is?"
No. The price is on the container.

They look at the leaves. "I don't see it."
The price is on the container.
"What's that."

USE YOUR @#$%& EYES, MORON.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 14, 2021 00:19

GasLightStreet
Irix

That's ridiculous.

A "pause" totally makes sense. This is all an experiment and if a pause saves someone else from dying, then what is wrong with that?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2021 00:24

TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek
I just got my second dose of the Phizer vaccine yesterday . So the needle went in like silk and I did not feel it . This injection was at the top of my arm next to the top of my shoulder , unlike the first dose which was a little lower on my arm . So no symptoms yesterday , except I felt a tad bit tired . Slept well last night , kept myself very hydrated and ate a rather healthy meal yesterday . Today I awoke to my arm being a little sore and I have been massaging it . Fingers crossed that is all of my symptoms .

My wife and I had very little symptoms from our first Pfizer shot last weekend except for some very minor pain in the shoulder, but that didn't happen until the day after, and only when moving, raising, or stretching arm. Reminded me slightly of when my older brother used to punch me in the arm when we were kids...just a mild charlie horse sensation, but it was totally gone the next day, and completely forgot I even had the shot.
Both of our first injections were at the top of arm near shoulder, so the locations probably makes no difference. Hoping you get through the rest of it all OK, and we look forward to the experience of getting it all done with in a couple of weeks. Each day is one step closer, and to think of the uncertainty surrounding it all just one year ago...even a half year ago...truly miraculous there's a vaccine at all...it all happened at warp speed.thumbs up
That is awesome that you both got your first dose of the Pfizer. I awoke to this morning still having some pain and discomfort in my arm where I was injected . Yes, it hurts more when I lift my arm . This makes me wonder why such a small needle causes this discomfort ? I have had shots all of my life , maybe it's just the location . I will tell you this with all of the folks still contracting COVID-19 , we will not be droping our guard one bit at all and will continue to stay masked in public and practice social distancing as well . I just don't trust anything except the Doctors . It is really a small price to pay to stay safe . As we have our quality of life and enjoy our favorites that make us happy . We have our health and livelihoods and no need to take and chances or risks . I feel very blessed to have been vaccinated and it gives me comfort of having protection . Best Wishes and Please Stay Safe !

Yes, we're not dropping any guards around here either, and will continue to follow the rules and all the precautions ...Safety first!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2021 01:29

bleedingman
GasLightStreet
Irix

That's ridiculous.

A "pause" totally makes sense. This is all an experiment and if a pause saves someone else from dying, then what is wrong with that?

Agree.. a pause, based on science, is a good move.
It should instill confidence in the vaccine process imo, as this is part of the safety measures some say don't exist because of the rush.

With J&J only accounting for about 5% of the US shots in arms so far, a pause to try to determine the people with the highest risks etc seems prudent.
Many medications have clotting risks and warnings, including "the pill", which is much more risky for clotting issues in women than this, based on current data.

Date: April 14, 2021 01:29

bleedingman
GasLightStreet
Irix

That's ridiculous.

Not pausing will save more from dying. 6 in 6 million is lower than the blood clotting side effects from birth control pills. Pausing to understand whether it is related makes sense but pausing to save lives 1 death in 6 million compared to a virus that has killed over 560,000 is a false equivalency.

Date: April 14, 2021 01:31

MisterDDDD
bleedingman
GasLightStreet
Irix

That's ridiculous.

Agree.. a pause, based on science, is a good move.
It should instill confidence in the vaccine process imo, as this is part of the safety measures some say don't exist because of the rush.

With J&J only accounting for about 5% of the US shots in arms so far, a pause to try to determine the people with the highest risks etc seems prudent.
Many medications have clotting risks and warnings, including "the pill", which is much more risky for clotting issues in women than this, based on current data.

We said the same thing. Great minds think alike. smileys with beer

Date: April 14, 2021 07:00

From CNN:

With 100 days until the Tokyo Olympics, Japan has vaccinated less than 1% of its population. That's a problem

Tokyo (CNN) - When 2020 Tokyo Olympics volunteers have in recent weeks asked officials how they'll be protected from Covid-19,
given the foreign athletes pouring into Japan for the event and the country's low vaccination rate, the answer has been simple.They'll be given a small bottle of hand sanitizer and two masks each.
"They don't talk about vaccines, they don't even talk about us being tested," said German volunteer Barbara Holthus, who is director of Sophia University's German Institute for Japanese Studies, in Tokyo.

With 100 days to go until the Games, already postponed a year due to the coronavirus pandemic, questions remain over how Tokyo can hold a massive sporting event and keep volunteers, athletes, officials -- and the Japanese public -- safe from Covid-19. That concern has been amplified by Japan's battle with a looming fourth wave. The country passed 500,000 total coronavirus cases on Saturday, and some prefectures are again tightening their Covid-19 restrictions as daily infections grow. Hideaki Oka, a professor at Saitama Medical University, said Japan may not be able to contain the latest wave before the Games begin on July 23.

More > Covid19

Date: April 14, 2021 07:14

Hairball
From CNN:

With 100 days until the Tokyo Olympics, Japan has vaccinated less than 1% of its population. That's a problem

Tokyo (CNN) - When 2020 Tokyo Olympics volunteers have in recent weeks asked officials how they'll be protected from Covid-19,
given the foreign athletes pouring into Japan for the event and the country's low vaccination rate, the answer has been simple.They'll be given a small bottle of hand sanitizer and two masks each.
"They don't talk about vaccines, they don't even talk about us being tested," said German volunteer Barbara Holthus, who is director of Sophia University's German Institute for Japanese Studies, in Tokyo.

With 100 days to go until the Games, already postponed a year due to the coronavirus pandemic, questions remain over how Tokyo can hold a massive sporting event and keep volunteers, athletes, officials -- and the Japanese public -- safe from Covid-19. That concern has been amplified by Japan's battle with a looming fourth wave. The country passed 500,000 total coronavirus cases on Saturday, and some prefectures are again tightening their Covid-19 restrictions as daily infections grow. Hideaki Oka, a professor at Saitama Medical University, said Japan may not be able to contain the latest wave before the Games begin on July 23.

More > Covid19

That is not good. The vaccine being distributed to many of the athletes is the Sinovac vaccines which has a 50.4 efficacy rate. This has the potential to go very bad.

[www.bbc.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 14, 2021 07:43

bleedingman
GasLightStreet
Irix

That's ridiculous.

Apparently the pause is at least partially being used to advise doctor's that there's a different protocol to use if they're dealing with a blood clot as a result of the vaccine. I don't understand it beyond that other than what you may 'normally' use for a blood clot isn't appropriate in this case.

Date: April 14, 2021 13:34

GasLightStreet
daspyknows

I find it incredible that there are people against such a thing, like airlines doing this. What the hell. It turns into Big Brother conspiracy garbage and on and on. Makes me think maybe those people shouldn't wear seatbelts, helmets or they should ignore road lanes, do not touch - electrocution and so on.

"You know how much this is?"
No. The price is on the container.

They look at the leaves. "I don't see it."
The price is on the container.
"What's that."

USE YOUR @#$%& EYES, MORON.
and brain

Date: April 14, 2021 13:36

Hairball
TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek

Yes, we're not dropping any guards around here either, and will continue to follow the rules and all the precautions ...Safety first!
Darn right and safety comes first before everything else .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 13:39 by TheGreek.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2021 14:26

Denmark latest news today:

Denmark scraps AstraZeneca vaccine

The National Board of Health has chosen to completely drop the use of the controversial vaccine in Denmark. And the newly arrived vaccine from Johnson & Johnson is being put on hold until further notice.

Danmark skrotter AstraZeneca-vaccine
Sundhedsstyrelsen har valgt helt at droppe brugen af den omstridte vaccine i Danmark. Og den nyankomne vaccine fra Johnson&Johnson lægges på køl indtil videre.
(Politiken 14 April 2021)

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2021 17:34

Mississippi dad suffers stroke after Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Here’s what happened.
[www.yahoo.com]

Date: April 14, 2021 19:26

bleedingman
Mississippi dad suffers stroke after Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Here’s what happened.
[www.yahoo.com]

May or may not have been related to the vaccine. Should be researched but jumping to conclusions is wrong. Lots of people have strokes out of the blue whether or not they have been vaccinated. Even so, the likelihood of a bad result from Covid or the vaccine is higher without the vaccine than with it.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 14, 2021 19:35

Right but as someone was saying on CNN, that 1 in a million case (assuming there is indeed a link) is not a "statistic" if it's you or a relative/friend of course.

Surely there have been cases of people having blood clots with the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines too, just because as you say lots of people have strokes out of the blue. It's probably just as well not to get people worried about these vaccines too but I still find it surprising.

On a more positive note I seem to remember a headline of an article behind a paywall saying that some scientists had found a potential link and more importantly a TREATMENT for clots following an AZ shot.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 14, 2021 20:32

I agree, but people get blood clots in rare cases on a normal basis. This SHOULD be researched fully but this plays into the anti-vaxxer crowd when the rate of blood clots is not statistically different from the general population. If a few people died of car crashes after getting vaccinated does the vaccine cause car crashes or are they are statistically irrelevant?

Date: April 14, 2021 20:41

bv

The National Board of Health has chosen to completely drop the use of the controversial vaccine in Denmark. And the newly arrived vaccine from Johnson & Johnson is being put on hold until further notice.

Sundhedsstyrelsen har valgt helt at droppe brugen af den omstridte vaccine i Danmark. Og den nyankomne vaccine fra Johnson&Johnson lægges på køl indtil videre.

That's a bit alarming regarding both AstraZeneca and the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
Not sure I'd feel completely comfortable getting either considering the circumstances, and if those were the only choices,
I'd probably just continue with the standard safety measures that kept me safe for over a year including mask, social distance, etc.

Date: April 14, 2021 21:14

Hairball
bv

That's a bit alarming regarding both AstraZeneca and the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
Not sure I'd feel completely comfortable getting either considering the circumstances, and if those were the only choices,
I'd probably just continue with the standard safety measures that kept me safe for over a year including mask, social distance, etc.

There are alternatives to the vaccine. Ivermectin, for example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 21:15 by bleedingman.

Date: April 14, 2021 21:20

bleedingman

I just did a google search on Ivermectin, and the first story that came up was from the FDA:

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

The FDA has not reviewed data to support use of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients to treat or to prevent COVID-19; however, some initial research is underway.
Taking a drug for an unapproved use can be very dangerous. This is true of ivermectin, too. There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. That is wrong.
Even the levels of ivermectin for approved uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death.

NoThanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-14 21:22 by Hairball.

Date: April 14, 2021 21:50

bleedingman
Hairball
bv

Give me the vaccine. I wasn't interested in hydrochloroquine either.

[www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...227228229230231232233234235236237...LastNext
Current Page: 232 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home