Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...226227228229230231232233234235236...LastNext
Current Page: 231 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Date: April 11, 2021 21:41

Irix
SonofHarlemShuffler

Do you know the figures?

Number of vaccinations now updated in my post above. Exact numbers of 1st/2nd dose can be found in the safety report, page 5, table 1 - [www.PEI.de] - (PDF).

Thanks again, Irix.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 12, 2021 10:34

Pubs open in UK today for out door servings.
A sachet of sauce with that roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding if you please

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 12, 2021 12:06

Cod will be divin' deep again ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 12, 2021 12:49

I just got my second dose of the Phizer vaccine yesterday . So the needle went in like silk and I did not feel it . This injection was at the top of my arm next to the top of my shoulder , unlike the first dose which was a little lower on my arm . So no symptoms yesterday , except I felt a tad bit tired . Slept well last night , kept myself very hydrated and ate a rather healthy meal yesterday . Today I awoke to my arm being a little sore and I have been massaging it . Fingers crossed that is all of my symptoms .

Date: April 12, 2021 13:35

Rockman
I have been craving fish & chips . I will have to get some soon .

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 12, 2021 14:04

TheGreek
Rockman
I have been craving fish & chips . I will have to get some soon .

Heresy.

We're all about The Rolling Stones, so it has to be Shepherd's Pie.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 12, 2021 14:48

Cheers to all my friends in UK. Have a great beer today, finally pubs in UK are open for serving beers outside I hear!

Midnight drinkers flock to Britain’s beloved pubs as lockdown eases (CNBC 12 April 2021)

* The U.K. has eased its lockdown further with the reopening of non-essential shops and pub beer gardens on Monday.

* A number of pubs with 24-hour licenses opened as soon as they were allowed: at one minute past midnight.

* The U.K. aims to lift all social restrictions on June 21.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 12, 2021 15:03

bv
Cheers to all my friends in UK. Have a great beer today, finally pubs in UK are open for serving beers outside I hear!

Midnight drinkers flock to Britain’s beloved pubs as lockdown eases (CNBC 12 April 2021)

* The U.K. has eased its lockdown further with the reopening of non-essential shops and pub beer gardens on Monday.

* A number of pubs with 24-hour licenses opened as soon as they were allowed: at one minute past midnight.

Cheers, bv!

Personally, I think I'll be waiting until the pubs' open-up fully. An afternoon session in the sunshine is tempting, though. We'll see. Sadly, however, many establishments are without outdoor seating, so will remain closed 'till the next phase. I do hope that's before the full lifting on June 21.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 12, 2021 15:09

It would be great if all social restrictions in UK will be lifted on June 21st, but everyone will have to behave and act in a proper manner.
If there are a minority of people who don't ,it will be back to lockdown for everyone.

I feel confident people will be sensible and we are all looking forward to the good times again. smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 12, 2021 16:21

The 60 years old conspiracy theory fan Hans Kristian Gaarder from Gran Norway died from covid-19 last week. Today a woman age 70 from the same conspiracy theory group in Gran died from covid-19. The small local community Gran have big problems tracing the related covid-19 cases now, as Hans Kristian Gaarder did actually host meetings, while sick, promoting his conspiracy theories denying covid-19 and so on. Those who attended the meetings do not cooperate with our health authorities.

Chemtrail conspiracy theories, denying covid-19, and all other sorts of conspiracy theories may be deadly, eventually, as it seems.

Foreløpig obduksjonsrapport etter Gaarder-dødsfall: Forenlig med covid-19 (VG)

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 12, 2021 16:51

The Rolling Stones:

Everyone in England today...?

Photo by Terry O'Neill

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 12, 2021 19:30

MisterDDDD
The Rolling Stones:

Photo by Terry O'Neill

[twitter.com]

Totally. Hairdressers more popular than the pubs today! (we can only drink outside and it's been snowing!)

Date: April 12, 2021 20:15

Related to the virus thread in regards to some vaccine skeptics.
Related to the tour thread in regards to "artists" not being able to tour regardless of the performers willingness.

Ted isn't very bright. Don't be a Ted.

Musician Ted Nugent Ask Why There Wasn't a Lockdown for 'COVID 1-18'
On Wednesday, famed musician Ted Nugent turned to Facebook Live to voice some of his lingering questions and concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, he wants to know why there was no shut down for "COVID 1-18."

He recorded the video on April 7, lamenting the cancellation of his upcoming tour.

"You know, this year's tour is canceled again. Are you kidding me? The production companies won't let us tour again this year," he says, outraged.

He continues to call the production companies "dirty bastard, lying, scam, smoke-and-mirrors COVID-19 freaks."

Explaining his skepticism towards the pandemic more broadly, Nugent says, "I'm addicted to truth, logic, and common sense and my common sense meter would demand the answer to, 'Why weren't we shut down for COVID 1-18?'"

He continues, "There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18. COVID 1-18 didn't shut anything down. But whoa—COVID-19."
[www.newsweek.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 12, 2021 21:21

From CNN: Michigan's Covid-19 crisis could be a sign of what's to come for the US, expert says

As the US races to vaccinate more Americans, Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations are rising, predominantly among younger people who haven't yet gotten a shot.
Some experts worry this might only be the start of what's to come in the next weeks. Michigan is already in the middle of a violent surge, and one epidemiologist says other states should be paying close attention.
"Michigan is really the bellwether for what it looks like when the B.1.1.7 variant ... spreads in the United States," Dr. Celine Gounder told CNN on Sunday. "It's causing a surge in cases and it's causing more severe disease, which means that even younger people, people in their 30s, 40s and 50s are getting very sick and being hospitalized from this." The B.1.1.7 variant, first spotted in the UK, is now the dominant strain of the virus in the US. Experts say it's more contagious, may cause more severe disease and may potentially be more deadly. And it's rapidly spreading across the country.

More> Covid19

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 12, 2021 22:16

Hairball
From CNN: Michigan's Covid-19 crisis could be a sign of what's to come for the US, expert says

As the US races to vaccinate more Americans, Covid-19 cases and hospitalizations are rising, predominantly among younger people who haven't yet gotten a shot.
Some experts worry this might only be the start of what's to come in the next weeks. Michigan is already in the middle of a violent surge, and one epidemiologist says other states should be paying close attention.
"Michigan is really the bellwether for what it looks like when the B.1.1.7 variant ... spreads in the United States," Dr. Celine Gounder told CNN on Sunday. "It's causing a surge in cases and it's causing more severe disease, which means that even younger people, people in their 30s, 40s and 50s are getting very sick and being hospitalized from this." The B.1.1.7 variant, first spotted in the UK, is now the dominant strain of the virus in the US. Experts say it's more contagious, may cause more severe disease and may potentially be more deadly. And it's rapidly spreading across the country.

More> Covid19

That really doesn't sound good at all! Also in Europe things are clearly not yet under control. In NL this recent weekend (usually weekends show lower numbers) showed an increase of around 20% compared with a week earlier, where the media had suggested the third wave had peaked already ... too many illegal Heineken parties ... and Easter eggs ...confused smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 12, 2021 22:23

MisterDDDD
The Rolling Stones:

Photo by Terry O'Neill

[twitter.com]

Ha! This weekend, definitely. Hair and beard thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 12, 2021 23:44

MisterDDDD
Related to the virus thread in regards to some vaccine skeptics.
Related to the tour thread in regards to "artists" not being able to tour regardless of the performers willingness.

Ted isn't very bright. Don't be a Ted.

Musician Ted Nugent Ask Why There Wasn't a Lockdown for 'COVID 1-18'
On Wednesday, famed musician Ted Nugent turned to Facebook Live to voice some of his lingering questions and concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, he wants to know why there was no shut down for "COVID 1-18."

He recorded the video on April 7, lamenting the cancellation of his upcoming tour.

"You know, this year's tour is canceled again. Are you kidding me? The production companies won't let us tour again this year," he says, outraged.

He continues to call the production companies "dirty bastard, lying, scam, smoke-and-mirrors COVID-19 freaks."

Explaining his skepticism towards the pandemic more broadly, Nugent says, "I'm addicted to truth, logic, and common sense and my common sense meter would demand the answer to, 'Why weren't we shut down for COVID 1-18?'"

He continues, "There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18. COVID 1-18 didn't shut anything down. But whoa—COVID-19."
[www.newsweek.com]

I would bet old lyin Ted is also an anti-vaxxer. Maybe send him on a tour of Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Texas so he can play in front of packed audiences (would need to be a really small club) so they can also end up like Hans Kristian Gaarder and his disciples.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 13, 2021 00:02

Status unchanged. Still you can't turn on the radio or listen to the news without the predictable repetition about the pandemic 24 hours a day. Day in, day out.
Now it's 24 hours of information a day about vaccines. As if the pandemic itself wasn't bad enough. Will everyone get a university degree in epidemiology when this is over?

Date: April 13, 2021 01:58

Stoneage
Status unchanged. Still you can't turn on the radio or listen to the news without the predictable repetition about the pandemic 24 hours a day. Day in, day out.
Now it's 24 hours of information a day about vaccines. As if the pandemic itself wasn't bad enough. Will everyone get a university degree in epidemiology when this is over?

With so many that have lost loved ones, jobs, health, etc., we forget how the pandemic has been so very rough for everyday blokes like yourself.
Sympathies.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 13, 2021 02:07

MisterDDDD
Stoneage

With so many that have lost loved ones, jobs, health, etc., we forget how the pandemic has been so very rough for everyday blokes like yourself.
Sympathies.

Never commented on that. I commented about how the information overload is wearing me out. Nothing else. You can spare me your sympathy.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 13, 2021 02:21

"A third Pfizer dose? The Covid-19 vaccine maker is studying booster shots."

Indeed, as SARS-CoV-2 changes, the vaccines may have to be tweaked. The Food and Drug Administration issued guidance Monday saying vaccine manufacturers may be able to ease away from lengthy clinical trials to prove safety and effectiveness for vaccines that have been tweaked to account for variants.

That's not unlike how the flu shot changes from year to year, accounting for the strains most likely to infect people.

[www.nbcnews.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2021 02:39

TheGreek
I just got my second dose of the Phizer vaccine yesterday . So the needle went in like silk and I did not feel it . This injection was at the top of my arm next to the top of my shoulder , unlike the first dose which was a little lower on my arm . So no symptoms yesterday , except I felt a tad bit tired . Slept well last night , kept myself very hydrated and ate a rather healthy meal yesterday . Today I awoke to my arm being a little sore and I have been massaging it . Fingers crossed that is all of my symptoms .

My wife and I had very little symptoms from our first Pfizer shot last weekend except for some very minor pain in the shoulder, but that didn't happen until the day after, and only when moving, raising, or stretching arm. Reminded me slightly of when my older brother used to punch me in the arm when we were kids...just a mild charlie horse sensation, but it was totally gone the next day, and completely forgot I even had the shot.
Both of our first injections were at the top of arm near shoulder, so the locations probably makes no difference. Hoping you get through the rest of it all OK, and we look forward to the experience of getting it all done with in a couple of weeks. Each day is one step closer, and to think of the uncertainty surrounding it all just one year ago...even a half year ago...truly miraculous there's a vaccine at all...it all happened at warp speed.thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 13, 2021 02:54

bv
The 60 years old conspiracy theory fan Hans Kristian Gaarder from Gran Norway died from covid-19 last week. Today a woman age 70 from the same conspiracy theory group in Gran died from covid-19. The small local community Gran have big problems tracing the related covid-19 cases now, as Hans Kristian Gaarder did actually host meetings, while sick, promoting his conspiracy theories denying covid-19 and so on. Those who attended the meetings do not cooperate with our health authorities.

Chemtrail conspiracy theories, denying covid-19, and all other sorts of conspiracy theories may be deadly, eventually, as it seems.

DARWIN RULES!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 13, 2021 05:01

Glad to see folks (the smart ones) getting vaxxed. Had my second Pfizer shot Saturday morning. Felt fine all day but about 2AM woke up feeling cold and achy. Pretty much 24 hours of feeling crappy but better now and all good until/unless booster shots are needed.

Hard to believe it has been a year since I was recovering from Covid and now I don't have to worry. At this point (at least in the US) anyone who wants a vaccine should be able to get one in the next few weeks and if they refuse as CaptainCorella so eloquently says Darwin Rules.

My hope is the rest of the world (both rich and poor nations) have access to safe and effective vaccines. Its the only way to win this war.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 13, 2021 05:05

Stoneage
MisterDDDD
Stoneage

Sympathies.

Never commented on that. I commented about how the information overload is wearing me out. Nothing else. You can spare me your sympathy.

will you keep his sarcasm at least?

Date: April 13, 2021 13:40

Hairball
TheGreek

My wife and I had very little symptoms from our first Pfizer shot last weekend except for some very minor pain in the shoulder, but that didn't happen until the day after, and only when moving, raising, or stretching arm. Reminded me slightly of when my older brother used to punch me in the arm when we were kids...just a mild charlie horse sensation, but it was totally gone the next day, and completely forgot I even had the shot.
Both of our first injections were at the top of arm near shoulder, so the locations probably makes no difference. Hoping you get through the rest of it all OK, and we look forward to the experience of getting it all done with in a couple of weeks. Each day is one step closer, and to think of the uncertainty surrounding it all just one year ago...even a half year ago...truly miraculous there's a vaccine at all...it all happened at warp speed.thumbs up
That is awesome that you both got your first dose of the Pfizer. I awoke to this morning still having some pain and discomfort in my arm where I was injected . Yes, it hurts more when I lift my arm . This makes me wonder why such a small needle causes this discomfort ? I have had shots all of my life , maybe it's just the location . I will tell you this with all of the folks still contracting COVID-19 , we will not be droping our guard one bit at all and will continue to stay masked in public and practice social distancing as well . I just don't trust anything except the Doctors . It is really a small price to pay to stay safe . As we have our quality of life and enjoy our favorites that make us happy . We have our health and livelihoods and no need to take and chances or risks . I feel very blessed to have been vaccinated and it gives me comfort of having protection . Best Wishes and Please Stay Safe !

Date: April 13, 2021 13:50

daspyknows
Glad to see folks (the smart ones) getting vaxxed. Had my second Pfizer shot Saturday morning. Felt fine all day but about 2AM woke up feeling cold and achy. Pretty much 24 hours of feeling crappy but better now and all good until/unless booster shots are needed.

Hard to believe it has been a year since I was recovering from Covid and now I don't have to worry. At this point (at least in the US) anyone who wants a vaccine should be able to get one in the next few weeks and if they refuse as CaptainCorella so eloquently says Darwin Rules.

My hope is the rest of the world (both rich and poor nations) have access to safe and effective vaccines. Its the only way to win this war.
So awesome that you got your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine . I do hope you feel better ! I kept very hydrated and ate very healthy the day of the second dose ( 2 days ago on Sunday ) The other thing that stands out to me is how well I have slept the past 2 nights , including Sunday night going into work day Monday and including last night as well . That is major for me getting a good nights rest . I continue to pray for every one to stay safe and for the vaccine to be distributed to everyone around the globe and for folks to be encouraged to receive the vaccination/protection . Best Wishes and please Stay Safe !

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 13, 2021 14:45

TheGreek
Hairball
TheGreek

That is awesome that you both got your first dose of the Pfizer. I awoke to this morning still having some pain and discomfort in my arm where I was injected . Yes, it hurts more when I lift my arm . This makes me wonder why such a small needle causes this discomfort ? I have had shots all of my life , maybe it's just the location . I will tell you this with all of the folks still contracting COVID-19 , we will not be droping our guard one bit at all and will continue to stay masked in public and practice social distancing as well . I just don't trust anything except the Doctors . It is really a small price to pay to stay safe . As we have our quality of life and enjoy our favorites that make us happy . We have our health and livelihoods and no need to take and chances or risks . I feel very blessed to have been vaccinated and it gives me comfort of having protection . Best Wishes and Please Stay Safe !

It's not to do with the size of the needle. It's the immune response to the foreign substances detected around the site where the needle went in.

I've never had soreness from flu jabs and had no soreness from either dose of my COVID-19 vaccine until yesterday, one week after the second dose, when I got soreness and stabbing pains at the injection site. Seems to have gone so far today.

Date: April 13, 2021 14:56

bv

Hans was a former colleague of mine. He worked in sales in the media house where I'm still working. This was the late 00s. He was a likeable guy.

All of a sudden he decided to quit, though, to try his luck as an author. I noticed at a summer party that he was talking more and more about "double popes", Illuminati, chemtrails, vaccines and other wild conspiracy theories.

He started from there, and eventually he became a dominant figure in the Norwegian conspi-environment.

Really sad...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-13 15:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 13, 2021 15:06

bv

That's the situation in England, not the UK. No pubs / beer gardens open in Scotland yet and I understand none yet in Wales or Northern Ireland.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...226227228229230231232233234235236...LastNext
Current Page: 231 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home