Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...224225226227228229230231232233234...LastNext
Current Page: 229 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 1, 2021 11:57

My wife had her first (hospital invitation because of her heart condition) vaccin (Moderna) last Monday. Two days of pain in her arm and feeling very tired, but she's feeling very good again right now. Her second injection will be well before the end of this month.
Me, I'm just waiting patiently lying on the floor... just trying to do this jigzaw puzzle until ... the invitation comes cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: April 1, 2021 15:24

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday,today my arm is a little sore,however I am very HAPPY to have gotten it.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 1, 2021 15:28

Second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. The first jab left me feeling a bit tired, but no after effects from the second at all.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2021 16:12

Green Lady
Second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon. The first jab left me feeling a bit tired, but no after effects from the second at all.

Yet... winking smiley
My wife's symptoms after her second shot (Moderna) didn't kick in for a day or so.. then a few days of them, nothing major tho.
Congrats! smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2021 21:15

Pleased to say my wife and I were able to schedule back to back appointments for the Pfizer vaccination this Saturday morning at one of the local CVS pharmacies.
Scheduled the followup shot a few weeks later in the same online appointment process, and we're already feeling a sense of relief...one step closer...

Date: April 1, 2021 22:07

Hairball
Pleased to say my wife and I were able to schedule back to back appointments for the Pfizer vaccination this Saturday morning at one of the local CVS pharmacies.
Scheduled the followup shot a few weeks later in the same online appointment process, and we're already feeling a sense of relief...one step closer...

Congrats to you and the missus Hairball!

Love seeing more and more shots in arms.
I also had Pfizer, best thing about it is only three weeks between the shots.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2021 23:41

Hairball

Good job.

Date: April 2, 2021 01:11

We just became eligible today, and had been looking forward to this for quite some time - it was all very convenient, quick, and easy to make our online appointments.
But with the new "50 and over" age group opening up today in California, and having just talked with some friends, seems some people weren't quite as lucky with getting their appointments yet.
Looks like most, if not all pharmacies and vaccination sites in my area have now been fully booked the next few days, including the massive Fairgrounds. The demand is definitely here, hope the supply can keep up.

-------------------------------------------------------

Regarding any possible side effects, some relevant info. some of us might already know, but this just published today on CNN:

Don't freak out if you get these side effects from a Covid-19 vaccine. They can actually be a good sign

Vaccine

-------------------------------------------------------

Also published today on CNN, and another good reason to think about getting the vaccine if you haven't thought about it already:

More than 11,000 cases of a troubling variant reported in the US.

Covid19

"Thousands of cases of the B.1.1.7 strain have been reported across the United States, and experts fear the variant
could drive another Covid-19 surge as states race to get ahead and vaccinate.The strain, first spotted in the United Kingdom,
isn't just more contagious than the original novel coronavirus. It appears to be deadlier as well".

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 2, 2021 01:39

kovach
I get my J&J shot Tuesday!

Fever and chills for a day but good after that!

Apparently having had covid makes the side affects worse.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 2, 2021 01:56

Cuck Fovid-19

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 2, 2021 03:32

feel like shit today. Hope tomorrow is better.

jb

Date: April 2, 2021 04:36

jbwelda

jb

Sorry to heat that. Hang in there. It will pass and not nearly as bad as Covid which you will now be vaccinated against.

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: April 2, 2021 04:45

Got the 2nd. moderna feb. 25th. sore arm for a couple days. other than that was no problem. crazy wild around here though. no. 1 positivity rate in U.S. sure didn't go to yankee stadium today!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 2, 2021 04:58

daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

Sorry to heat that. Hang in there. It will pass and not nearly as bad as Covid which you will now be vaccinated against.

I can vouch for that!

1 day of fever following the vaccination sure beats the 3 weeks of hell I endured with Covid that included a week on oxygen (though I guess I'm still one of the lucky ones).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-02 06:30 by kovach.

Date: April 2, 2021 05:52

With so many in the US getting the second shot and the completed CDC card, there are a number of companies (Staples, Office Depot etc) offering to laminate them for free.

Good article on the cards..

What You Need to Know About Your Vaccine Card
For now, the best way to show that you’ve been inoculated against the coronavirus is a simple white card. Here, your key questions answered.

As vaccinations become more widely available for people in the United States and travel starts picking up, many people have started sharing their simple white vaccination cards on social media as prized new possessions.

With some destinations, cruise lines and venues already requiring travelers to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19, keeping that record is key. In New York, for example, proof of vaccination or a recent negative test will be required for entry into large venues or catered events when they are allowed to reopen at reduced capacity on April 2. Proof will be required at events with more than 100 people, so anyone having a wedding or Sweet 16 with more attendees will have to ask guests for evidence that they are complying with the rules.

There are already a number of vaccination “passport” initiatives underway that would make vaccination status easy to share digitally. Clear, a biometric screening program used in airports across the country, and the technology company IBM have created their own passes, for instance. And last week, New York became the first state to introduce a digital tool to allow people to easily show that they have either tested negative or been inoculated against the virus in order to gain entry into some events and venues.

But until such measures are taken more widely across the country, you’ll want to hang onto that little white card.

What’s on a vaccine card?

The vaccine card, given after your first shot and then updated if your vaccine requires a second one, includes the vaccine manufacturer, the dose numbers and the date and location each was administered, according to Alex Brown, a spokeswoman for Walgreens, which is administering vaccinations at more than 5,000 stores nationwide.
[www.nytimes.com]

Date: April 2, 2021 08:00

^ Works for me. Funny thing is the Covid is a hoax, anti maskers, anti-vaxxers are also anti vax passporters. At least they are consistent in regards to stupidity.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 2, 2021 11:37

daspyknows
^ Works for me. Funny thing is the Covid is a hoax, anti maskers, anti-vaxxers are also anti vax passporters. At least they are consistent in regards to stupidity.

Give it a rest. You are just as bad as the people you bitxh about. Lol

2nd shot of Pfizer yesterday and I feel great today. Pays to to be healthy and in shape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-04-02 14:02 by MingSubu.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 2, 2021 13:56

kovach
daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

I can vouch for that!

1 day of fever following the vaccination sure beats the 3 weeks of hell I endured with Covid that included a week on oxygen (though I guess I'm still one of the lucky ones).
And it beats the Covid version called "long Covid". People suffering for months.

Date: April 2, 2021 18:44

Updated CDC guidelines coming today on travel.
Good news generally, international guidance obviously dependent on which country you're traveling to and their requirements. The mask requirement is a bit controversial already,
but until we reach a much higher percentage of vaccinated vs not, still necessary.

CDC: Vaccinated Americans can now travel

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will say Friday that fully vaccinated Americans can resume domestic and overseas travel as long as they wear masks in public, according to two senior administration officials.

The individuals do not need to get a Covid-19 test before or after traveling and do not need to self-quarantine on return, as long as they follow public health measures.

In addition, the CDC will say fully vaccinated Americans do not need a Covid-19 test for international travel unless it is required by the country they are traveling to, and they do not need to quarantine upon reentry to the U.S. Fully vaccinated Americans that choose to travel internationally do need to receive a negative Covid-19 test before boarding the flight back to the U.S.

The announcement comes as Covid-19 vaccinations continue to ramp up across the country. More than 50 percent of Americans 65 and older are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC, and more than 3 million people are receiving a shot per day.
[www.politico.com]

Date: April 2, 2021 20:17

MingSubu
daspyknows

Give it a rest. You are just as bad as the people you bitxh about. Lol

2nd shot of Pfizer yesterday and I feel great today. Pays to to be healthy and in shape.

Oh really? Many dead people who were healthy, in shape who refused masks and vaccines. A friend of mine has an assistant in his 20's who thought covid was a hoax, didn't wear a mask and wasn't going to get a vaccine who is now in the ICU. He is healthy, in shape and has blood clotting issues in his heart.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 2, 2021 21:30

I got the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine yesterday. Ready to get things...Rolling again!

Date: April 2, 2021 21:58

TumblinDice76
I got the Johnson and Johnson Vaccine yesterday. Ready to get things...Rolling again!

smileys with beer
One and done.. Congrats!

Date: April 2, 2021 23:12

From the Independent:

Netherlands pauses AstraZeneca vaccine rollout for people under 60
Germany made same decision earlier this week due to cases of thrombosis

"The Netherlands has stopped administering the Oxford/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine to people under 60
following the death of a woman who had received one of the jabs, according to national news agency ANP.
Some 10,000 scheduled appointments for vaccinations will be scrapped as a result of the decision,
the report said, citing the country’s health ministry as a source".

More.> VACCINE

And in the US, opening day baseball game bewtween Mets and Nationals postponed - now the entire three game series scrapped.

From CNN:

Major League Baseball has postponed the rest of the Mets-Nationals series due to Covid-19

MLB

(CNN)The two remaining games of the Washington Nationals' season-opening series with the New York Mets have been postponed due to Covid-19 concerns with the Nationals, Major League Baseball announced Friday.
The games, scheduled for Saturday and Sunday at Nationals Park, have been postponed, MLB said, a day after the postponement of the two teams' season-opening game on Thursday.
Nationals General Manager Mike Rizzo said Wednesday that one unnamed player tested positive for Covid-19 and four teammates and a staff member must quarantine after they were identified as having close contact with the player.

Per MLB's health and safety protocols for the 2021 season, the player who tested positive will be required to isolate for a minimum of 10 days, receive appropriate care and monitoring from the club medical staff. Additionally, he will need to be cleared by the joint Covid-19 committee and the team physician following a mandatory cardiac evaluation and a determination that the individual no longer presents a risk of infection to others.
No make up dates for the postponed games were given Friday, and MLB says it will provide scheduling updates as they become available.
Opening day for the 2021 MLB season was Thursday, with certain safety guidelines for fans and the league encouraging players to get vaccinated.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 3, 2021 00:37

Updated travel guidelines for fully vaccinated individuals:

Updated Information for Travelers

Fully vaccinated travelers are less likely to get and spread COVID-19. However, international travel poses additional risks and even fully vaccinated travelers are at increased risk for getting and possibly spreading new COVID-19 variants.

CDC recommends delaying international travel until you are fully vaccinated.

If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine:

You should continue to follow CDC’s recommendations for traveling safely and get tested 3-5 days after travel.
You do NOT need to get tested before leaving United States unless your destination requires it.
You do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.

[www.cdc.gov]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 3, 2021 02:08

30 blood clotting cases and 7 deaths amongst the 18 million who’ve received the AatraZenica vaccine here in the U.K.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I got mine 2 weeks ago.

Date: April 3, 2021 03:29

Feel much better today. Didn't die or anything.

Don't think this is one and done; I expect we will be continuing this once or twice a year into the foreseeable future. Boosters and/or new strain juice. Everyone is a germophobe now.

jb

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: April 3, 2021 04:05

grzegorz67
30 blood clotting cases and 7 deaths amongst the 18 million who’ve received the AatraZenica vaccine here in the U.K.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

I got mine 2 weeks ago.

ONE case reported in Australia. Moderately significant in that it's from a fairly low number of AstraZenaca vaccinations.

(As of latest data only 2.4% of population have been jabbed, and that will include many who have had the Pfizer product. For comparison USA=44% and UK = 51%. Rabble.Brewery.Govt.Pissup.ScoMo.organise.couldnt)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: April 3, 2021 06:52

>For comparison USA=44%

44% of the USA population has been vaccinated? That does not sound correct.

jb

Date: April 3, 2021 08:14

jbwelda
>For comparison USA=44%

44% of the USA population has been vaccinated? That does not sound correct.

jb

30% have had at least one shot so far as of March 29th so maybe 33% by now.

[usafacts.org]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...224225226227228229230231232233234...LastNext
Current Page: 229 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home