Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...223224225226227228229230231232233...LastNext
Current Page: 228 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 26, 2021 13:32

Norway Health Authorities announced today the AstraZeneca vaccine will be on another three weeks hold, until April 15. Meanwhile, they are looking into the cases of side effects and four deaths.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 26, 2021 21:57

I get my J&J shot Tuesday!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 27, 2021 00:59

MisterDDDD
Elmo Lewis
I have had both shots (Moderna) with no side effects - except an overwhelming desire to listen to the Rolling Stones.

smileys with beer
Same with Pfizer, intensifies dramatically when I drive by or see a stadium.

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2021 01:46

THE AGE -- 28 March 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 28, 2021 12:14

It is entirely right that any potential side effects of these vaccines are investigated thoroughly and transparently. It does seem a strange paradox to me though, that on the one hand European countries are highlighting their safety concerns with Astraveneca but the EU is also preventing the company from honouring its contracts with the UK by blocking their supplies to us until they have supplied more to the EU!! If you want to ban it in your countries, fine, but why stop us getting our vaccines?

It does also bear saying that worldwide the figures for clots, including fatalities, after taking Pfizer, for eg, are comparable with Astra and yet the same issues are not being aired as publicly about that brand.

Posted by: Mirko ()
Date: March 28, 2021 21:29

Everybody talks about the UK if the issue is AstraZeneca.AstraZeneca is a Swedish-UK company.I hear nothing about Sweden.Why? Is the Swedish part of AZ too small of the company? Don't use Sweden the AZ-vaccine? Has AZ an own production company in Sweden?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 29, 2021 19:13

Great "real world" results from Pfizer/Moderna vaccines.

The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are proving highly effective in preventing coronavirus infections under real-world conditions, the CDC found.

The coronavirus vaccines made by Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech are proving highly effective at preventing symptomatic and asymptomatic infections under real-world conditions, federal health researchers reported on Monday.

Consistent with clinical trial data, a two-dose regimen prevented 90 percent of infections by two weeks after the second shot. One dose prevented 80 percent of infections by two weeks after vaccination.

There has been debate over whether vaccinated people can still get asymptomatic infections and transmit the virus to others. The study, by researchers at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, suggested that transmission may be extremely unlikely, as infections were so rare.

There also has been concern that variants may render the vaccines less effective. The study’s results do not confirm that fear. Troubling variants were circulating during the time of the study — from December 14, 2020 to March 13, 2021 — yet the vaccines still provided powerful protection.

The C.D.C. enrolled 3,950 people at high risk of being exposed to the virus because they were health care workers, first responders, or others on the front lines. None had previously been infected with the coronavirus.
[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 29, 2021 19:22

Today I got my first dose of Pfizer-BioNTech, I am feeling well at the moment.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 29, 2021 19:32

I should be getting the vaccine very soon as it's opening up to my age group April 1st, but in the meantime have to hunker down with extra caution.

'Impending doom': CDC, White House warn of new surge as U.S. COVID-19 cases rise

By Jeff Mason, Carl O’Donnell

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Biden administration officials pleaded with Americans on Monday to continue to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 amid an increase in cases across the country. Dr. Rochelle Walensky, head of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with emotion in her voice, urged public officials and others to spread the word about the seriousness of the situation in an effort to prevent a fourth surge. She said the United States surpassed 30 million cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, and that the seven-day average of new cases was slightly less than 60,000 cases per day - a 10 percent increase compared with the prior seven-day period. Hospitalizations also increased and deaths started to rise. “I’m going to lose the script and I’m going to reflect on the recurring feeling I have of impending doom,” Walensky told a briefing with reporters. “Right now I’m scared.”

Officials cited states opening up their economies and loosening COVID restrictions prematurely, along with an increase in travel, as reasons for the uptick. Walensky said the trajectory of the pandemic in the United States looked similar to countries in Europe, such as Germany, Italy and France, which have experienced a spike in cases. “We do not have the luxury of inaction. For ... the health of our country, we must work together now to prevent a fourth surge.” President Joe Biden has set a goal of getting 200 million vaccine shots in people’s arms in his first 100 days in office, and vaccinations are increasing across the country. But some parts of the United States have started to do away with mask mandates and other COVID-19 restrictions, while Americans have gotten out to travel more for spring break and leisure, as fatigue over a year of a pandemic-changed way of life takes hold. “Hang in there,” said infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci. “It will be a race between the vaccine and what’s going on with the dynamics of the outbreak, and we can win this by just hanging in there a bit longer.” The officials discouraged nonessential travel and encouraged measures such as mask-wearing and keeping socially distant to stop the spread of the virus and its dangerous variants.

Date: March 29, 2021 21:25

Now is definitely not the time to let up on distancing measures etc.
Like I've said from nearly the onset, the last thing I want is to be one in the hospital, fighting to survive, while the tv is showing people getting their shots.

Biden to announce 90% of adults will be vaccine eligible in three weeks
President Joe Biden will announce Monday afternoon that 90% of adults will be eligible to get a coronavirus vaccine within the next three weeks, an administration official told CNN.

He will also announce they are at least doubling the number of pharmacies where people can get vaccinated.
[t.co]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 29, 2021 22:01

More concerns are being raised with the AstraZeneca vaccine. It looks like Canada may be limiting its use to those over 55 due to continuing, occasional clotting issues, particularly in women under 55.

[www.thestar.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2021 09:24

One thing that isn't being discussed much in the media is how efficient the vaccines are IRL, I mean other than the deaths being investigated following the AZ injections, are there any cases of people dying or even getting badly sick (i.e. having to go to hospital) after getting both their shots?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2021 12:10

gotdablouse

One thing that isn't being discussed much in the media is how efficient the vaccines are IRL, I mean other than the deaths being investigated following the AZ injections, are there any cases of people dying or even getting badly sick (i.e. having to go to hospital) after getting both their shots?

Do you mean the monitoring of serious side effects?

In Germany the safety of the vaccines and their side effects is monitored by the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut, a News-article about it (in German) - [www.Deutschlandfunk.de] .

In the European Union (EU) the safety of the vaccines is monitored by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) - [www.EMA.Europa.eu] .

15-Mar-2021 - Fact check: No links found between vaccination and deaths - [www.DW.com] .

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 31, 2021 13:00

Previously COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca has now a new name: Vaxzevria - [www.EMA.Europa.eu] .

Date: March 31, 2021 15:19

CDC Data Suggests Vaccinated Don’t Carry, Can’t Spread Virus

After warning for months that vaccinated people should still be cautious in order to not infect others, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests they may not be at much risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

“Vaccinated people do not carry the virus — they don’t get sick,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the CDC, told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Tuesday. That’s “not just in the clinical trials, but it’s also in real-world data.”

Walensky was referring to a new CDC study that suggests those fully inoculated with the vaccines produced by Moderna and Pfizer don’t transmit the virus. Researchers looked at how the shots protected nearly 4,000 health-care workers, first responders, and other essential workers toiling in eight U.S. locations against the virus and more-contagious variants. Following a single dose of either vaccine, the participants’ risk of infection was reduced by 80 percent, and that figure jumped to 90 percent after the second dose. Without infection, people are unable to spread the virus. The results are similar to what scientists saw in clinical trials for the vaccines, which found that two doses of either two-dose vaccine had an efficacy rate of around 95 percent.
[nymag.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 31, 2021 15:42

Irix
Previously COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca has now a new name: Vaxzevria - [www.EMA.Europa.eu] .

And the Indian-produced one goes by the name of Covishield.

Date: March 31, 2021 16:12

Anxious to see the vaccine approved for teens.
Opted out recently on returning to in person school for my high school daughter.
Too risky imo, for both the teachers and students. Took the option of finishing this year online. Hopefully before next fall, all will be vaccinated.

Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine highly effective, 'well tolerated' in children 12-15

March 31 (UPI) -- Pfizer and partner BioNTech announced on Wednesday that its two-dose coronavirus vaccine has shown in clinical testing to be highly effective in children between the ages 12 and 15, even more so than in adults.

The companies, which partnered last year to develop their COVID-19 vaccine, announced the results of a third-stage study of how the formulation performs in teenage children.

The results show that the vaccine had a 100% efficacy rate and activated robust antibody responses in about 2,300 children between 12 and 15 who were involved in the trial.

Fewer than 20 cases of COVID-19 were observed in the group of children who were given a placebo and none were seen in the vaccinated group, the companies said.
[www.upi.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 31, 2021 21:08

"Over 100 fully vaccinated people contract COVID-19 in Washington state, officials say"

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 31, 2021 21:15

bleedingman
"Over 100 fully vaccinated people contract COVID-19 in Washington state, officials say"

[www.yahoo.com]

100 people out of 1.2 million is no cause for concern whatsoever.

Nate

Date: March 31, 2021 21:16

90+ effective means some will still catch the virus, that we've known for some time.
100% effective against death, is still the most important metric, and so far that holds true.

Wash. health officials report some COVID-19 cases for fully vaccinated people. But that's expected

Out of the over 1 million people in Washington who have been fully vaccinated, 102 have still tested positive for COVID-19 at least two weeks after receiving the final dose, the Washington state Department of Health (DOH) said in a news release Tuesday.

But the percentage of breakthrough cases is small — about .01% — which health officials said was to be expected. Vaccines were never reported to be 100% effective. Large-scale clinical trials found the ceiling of those who received the vaccine at 95% less likely to get a COVID-19 infection than those who didn't receive a vaccine.
[www.seattlepi.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 31, 2021 21:29

bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

Out of the 1.2 million people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in Washington, epidemiologists have reported evidence of 102 breakthrough cases in 18 counties since Feb. 1, representing less than 0.01% of all fully vaccinated individuals in the northwestern U.S. state. Most cases were patients who experienced only mild symptoms, if any, according to a press release from the Washington State Department of Health.

Bjornulf

Date: March 31, 2021 21:32

bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

A bit alarming, though not unexpected, but it's still relatively early days of the vaccination, so the number could increase as time moves forward - especially with new mutations/variants.
Insurance companies for any potential tours in the future (and other events w/large gatherings) could also have some issues with this news - maybe one of the reasons why so many bands are rescheduling to 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-31 21:33 by Hairball.

Date: March 31, 2021 21:47

Just published on CNN:

A dangerous coronavirus variant is wreaking havoc in parts of Europe. Experts fear US could be next

Pandemic

"In the United States it's going to be totally up to how much are we going to open," said Michael Osterholm, who noted the US
is the only country that is easing safety measures while the B.1.1.7 variant is spreading. "In a sense, we're creating the perfect storm."
That, Osterholm said, could mean more lives lost.His warning comes as new coronavirus cases have spiked in the US over the past week.

Date: March 31, 2021 21:54

Seattles local paper of record is the only one to get the header (almost) right so far on this.
"Washington health officials report some COVID-19 cases for fully vaccinated people. But that's expected:"

As one of the Washingtonians fully vaccinated, this is actually great news.

I'd have written...
"1+ million fully vaccinated in WA, report shows vaccine has a 99% effective rate"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-31 21:57 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2021 23:13

Excellent news out of Washington State ! Vaccine more effective IRL than in the studies, 100% so far vs 95% as there have been no serious cases reported. That's great news...but of course we'll have to see how that goes with the "UK Variant" (20I/501Y.V1) that is now the main "infector" by far in France (76.3% now).

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 1, 2021 00:39

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 1, 2021 03:28

got my second this morning. again no pain no hassle no grief.

no chicken scratch either.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2021 05:18

bleedingman

[www.yahoo.com]

That sounds like a reason not to get vaccinated.

The reality is if 100 people out of 100 thousand can get infected but not hospitalized or worse that is an complete success.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 1, 2021 05:19

jbwelda
got my second this morning. again no pain no hassle no grief.

no chicken scratch either.

jb

congrats.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 1, 2021 11:23

Oxford Astra Zeneca jab is safe: I had it back in February, and albeit had some ropey side effects, but it is good. From an article on www.guardian.co.uk it seems that Mr Putin in Russia is coming to an arrangement with France, Germany, and the EU to supply Sputnik vaccine. Possibly, Putin has been listening to Short & Curlies by the boys.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...223224225226227228229230231232233...LastNext
Current Page: 228 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home