Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...219220221222223224225226227228229...LastNext
Current Page: 224 of 344
Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 status around the world
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2021 02:12

From the Associated Press:

Experts: Virus surge in Europe a cautionary tale for US

Covid19

Optimism is spreading in the U.S. as COVID-19 deaths plummet and states ease restrictions and open vaccinations to younger adults. But across Europe, dread is setting in with another wave of infections that is closing schools and cafes and bringing new lockdowns. The pandemic’s diverging paths on the two continents can be linked in part to the much more successful vaccine rollout in the U.S. and the spread of more contagious variants in Europe. Health experts in the U.S., though, say what’s happening in Europe should serve as a warning against ignoring social distancing or dropping other safeguards too early. “Each of these countries has had nadirs like we are having now, and each took an upward trend after they disregarded known mitigation strategies,” said Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “They simply took their eye off the ball.” The result has been a sharp spike in new infections and hospitalizations in several European countries over the past few weeks.

Poland’s rate of new COVID-19 cases has more than doubled since February, straining its health care system and leading to a three-week nationwide lockdown announced Wednesday for shopping malls, theaters, galleries and sports centers. Italy closed most of its classrooms at the beginning of this week and expanded areas where restaurants and cafes can do only takeout or delivery. The country’s health experts say they’re seeing an increasing number of patients who are middle-aged and younger. In France, officials imposed weekend lockdowns around the French Riviera in the south and the English Channel in the north, and are preparing new restrictions for the Paris region and perhaps beyond to be announced Thursday. COVID-19 patients occupy 100% of standard intensive care hospital beds in the area surrounding the nation’s capital. “If we don’t do anything, we’re heading toward catastrophe,” Remi Salomon, a top official in the Paris public hospital authority, told BFM television. Serbia announced a nationwide lockdown for the rest of the week, closing all nonessential shops and businesses. The country of 7 million people reported more than 5,000 new cases on Tuesday, its highest number in months.

The trends are far more encouraging in the U.S., which has recorded about 537,000 deaths overall, more than any other country. Deaths per day in the U.S. have plunged to an average of just under 1,300, down from a high of about 3,400 two months ago. New cases are running at about 55,000 per day on average after peaking at more than a quarter-million per day in early January. An empty hallway and a row of unused face shields inside the closed COVID-19 ICU unit at Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, California, tell the story of the improved outlook in the U.S. The wing was teeming with the patients at the beginning of the year. “It gives me goosebumps. It’s really just surreal because, you know, a month and a half ago, our unit was full of super, super sick COVID patients, many of which didn’t survive,” said ICU nurse Christina Anderson.

The European Union’s overall vaccination efforts lag far behind those of Britain and the U.S because of shortages and other hurdles. Roughly 1 in every 5 people in the U.S. has received at least one dose, while in most of the European countries, it’s fewer than 1 of every 10. In another troubling turn, many European countries — including Germany, France, Spain and Italy — have suspended use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine over reports of dangerous blood clots in a small number of recipients, though regulators say there is no evidence the shot is to blame.

European nations haven’t vaccinated quickly enough to stay ahead of the more contagious variants, said Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security in Baltimore, Maryland. Those variants are also taking hold in the U.S. “Vaccination with no speed limit, 24/7, that’s what’s going to protect us from what’s happening in Europe,” Adalja said. He believes it is too early for states to drop mask mandates but OK to allow restaurants and other places to increase capacity gradually. “You don’t have to do what Texas did,” Adalja said. “You can increase capacity while keeping the masks in place.” Texas and a few other states have lifted their statewide mask requirements or plan to do so soon, while governors in more than half the states have moved to ease other restrictions in the coming weeks for restaurants, gyms and movie theaters. Disneyland in Southern California announced it will reopen with limited crowds at the end of April for the first time since the start of the pandemic. And airlines have had their best weeks since the crisis began and say more people are booking flights for spring and summer.

Amelia Fowler, among a stream of people getting their shots Wednesday at Medgar Evers College in New York City, is looking forward to grocery shopping and returning to a normal routine in her acting job after a dark year. “It was just literally terror: terror going out of the house, terror going down the street, terror dealing with other people, and the terror has been removed,” she said. Yusuf Lamont, who got his second dose, worries the threat is not over, saying, “It’s not a time to just start whipping masks off and dancing around.” “There’s a false sense of security with numbers going down and people getting vaccinated. It’s like, ‘Oh, it’s safe to go do whatever.’ No. It’s a big country. There’s 330 million people,” he said.

Josh Michaud, associate director of global health policy with the Kaiser Family Foundation in Washington, said the optimism in the U.S. should come with caution. Europe’s “rapid relaxation of distancing requirements in a lot of places, combined with populations letting their guard down as they look ahead to the light at the end of the long pandemic tunnel, helped set the stage for the current surges,” he said. The lesson for the the U.S., he said, is to keep vaccinating those at risk as fast as possible, keep an eye on variants, and “keep slow and steady with the easing of social distancing requirements.”

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 18, 2021 03:02

^ My thoughts

1. I am really happy to be getting my first shot on Friday.
2. If I wasn't getting a vaccination I would be doing anything I could to get one.
3. Deaths in US down to 1300 a day is not a good thing. Over a full year that is close to half a million people.
4. The new variants are spreading in the US, last year at this time the US was a few weeks behind Europe and in this country too many people feel it violates their freedom to take precautions. This means people in the US who aren't or refuse to get vaccinated will get sick. Lots of them. Any people will die. Two of the variants them have been found in my county this week.
5. Those vaccinated and those in areas of high vaccination should be ok, those unvaccinated who congregate in low vaccination areas will fuel one more wave and.
6. Many of those who do get sick will only will have themselves to blame this time.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: March 18, 2021 03:33

Rokyfan
JadedFaded
Don’t know what to make of Florida:

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

Despite a years's worth of predictions of doom because of their supposed mishandling, the situation is no worse there than any other state, better than many.

And the kids are in school.

And as the Times pointed out, Florida, with its huge elderly population, handled the nursing home situation much much better than did my governor, the now fallen St. Andrew (NY).

Florida bashing is a staple of U.S. media.
But even the media hasn't been able to suppress the good news the past month. Cases tumbling and the vaccine rollout going well. It was a bit slow while they tried to decide who got it, but now they're opening the doors to everyone it will pick up even more speed.

Date: March 18, 2021 04:02

wonderboy
Rokyfan
JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

Despite a years's worth of predictions of doom because of their supposed mishandling, the situation is no worse there than any other state, better than many.

And as the Times pointed out, Florida, with its huge elderly population, handled the nursing home situation much much better than did my governor, the now fallen St. Andrew (NY).

But even the media hasn't been able to suppress the good news the past month. Cases tumbling and the vaccine rollout going well. It was a bit slow while they tried to decide who got it, but now they're opening the doors to everyone it will pick up even more speed.

Yes, Florida has been somewhat of an anomaly and mystery...must be something in the air down there, or maybe the virus is afraid of all the gators? lol
Seems Florida has been "out of control" and reckless when dealing with the virus, yet here they are today pretty much unscathed. I've never been there, but might be a nice place to visit some day.

Meanwhile here in California, the lockdowns and restrictions have taken their toll on many in a bad way w/business' closing, people going nuts in isoaltion, etc. Thankfully where I live just north of L.A. near the beach,
it's a bit easier to get out and about with wide open spaces, but unfortunately many in the inner big cities don't really have that luxury. And just today where I live, various restrictions are being eased up (again) including indoor dining allowed at 20% capacity among other things. Unfortunately many people will probably let there guard down too much, and it will be a case of one step forward, two steps back. Hope not..............

Date: March 18, 2021 06:35

Hairball
wonderboy
Rokyfan
JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

Yes, Florida has been somewhat of an anomaly and mystery...must be something in the air down there, or maybe the virus is afraid of all the gators? lol
Seems Florida has been "out of control" and reckless when dealing with the virus, yet here they are today pretty much unscathed. I've never been there, but might be a nice place to visit some day.

Meanwhile here in California, the lockdowns and restrictions have taken their toll on many in a bad way w/business' closing, people going nuts in isoaltion, etc. Thankfully where I live just north of L.A. near the beach,
it's a bit easier to get out and about with wide open spaces, but unfortunately many in the inner big cities don't really have that luxury. And just today where I live, various restrictions are being eased up (again) including indoor dining allowed at 20% capacity among other things. Unfortunately many people will probably let there guard down too much, and it will be a case of one step forward, two steps back. Hope not..............

No one is looking at all the people who might have visited Florida and brought the virus home.

Date: March 18, 2021 07:40

daspyknows
Hairball
wonderboy
Rokyfan
JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

No one is looking at all the people who might have visited Florida and brought the virus home.

If there's someone who visited Florida and then ends up having covid while back home, it doesn't necessarily mean they picked it up while in Florida.
Unless Florida has it's very own unique strain of covid, not sure how it would even be possible to absolutely prove that. And even if there is a possibility, why hasn't anyone looked at these statistics?
That would be something that those who disagree with Florida's policies would be jumping all over to show that Florida has been doing it all wrong, but as far as I know there have been no such studies.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 18, 2021 14:39

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 18, 2021 15:56

Hairball
wonderboy
Rokyfan
JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

Maybe the virus does not spread so easily outdoors. On the beach, out in the sun.

It could be that it's much worse to be indoors. That the virus spreads more easily indoors.

Maybe someday we will get honest news coverage that does not depend on what party the governors belong to.

I'm a lifelong lefty who probably disagrees with the Fla gov on every issue, but he did a much better job than mine (who needed a sex abuse scandal to get his covid nursing home disaster off the front pages)

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 18, 2021 16:05

Rokyfan
Hairball
wonderboy
Rokyfan
JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

Maybe the virus does not spread so easily outdoors. On the beach, out in the sun.

It could be that it's much worse to be indoors. That the virus spreads more easily indoors.

Maybe someday we will get honest news coverage that does not depend on what party the governors belong to.

I'm a lifelong lefty who probably disagrees with the Fla gov on every issue, but he did a much better job than mine (who needed a sex abuse scandal to get his covid nursing home disaster off the front pages)

A native New Yorker, I now live in Florida. There has been much made of the fudging of the numbers here. A state employee was fired and harassed because she refused to manipulate the figures as ordered. The vaccine give out had been a nightmare until recently, not to mention extra vaccine being given to the wealthy zip codes as opposed to zip codes more in need. I am very disappointed in Andrew Cuomo but all in all, he did a masterful job in NY.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 16:34 by steffialicia.

Date: March 18, 2021 18:00

If people are wondering how many people might have visited Florida, became infected, and then brought the virus home with them,
they might also have to wonder how many visitors brought the virus in to Florida in the first place helping it spread throughout the state.
We know it didn't originate there, so someone from somewhere brought it in, and I'm assuming that trend has continued since the beginning.
Doesn't really matter though as either scenario is a moot point considering it's impossible to monitor the actual statistics one way or the other.

Rokyfan

I agree, and to think of the praise the NY Gov. was getting last year, even earning an Emmy.
Evidently though, there's the possibility that award could be taken back:

Will Andrew Cuomo get to keep his Emmy?

"...some are calling for Cuomo to be stripped of the entertainment honor. Democratic New York City Councilman Robert Holden
said that accusations against the embattled governor should show the Emmy organization he no longer deserves the honor.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 18:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2021 19:29

U.S. plans to send 4 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine to Mexico and Canada, official says

The United States plans to send roughly 4 million doses of AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine that it is not using to Mexico and Canada in loan deals with the two countries, an administration official told Reuters on Thursday.

Mexico will receive 2.5 million does of the vaccine and Canada will receive 1.5 million doses, the official said.

"This virus has no borders," the official told Reuters on condition of anonymity. "We only put the virus behind us if we're helping our global partners."
The Biden administration has come under pressure from allies worldwide to share vaccine, particularly from AstraZeneca, which is authorized for use in other countries but not yet in the United States.

AstraZeneca has millions of doses made in a U.S. facility, and has said that it would have 30 million shots ready at the beginning of April.

The deal to share the vaccine, which is still being finalized, does not affect President Joe Biden's plans to have vaccine available for all adults in the United States by the end of May, the official said. The deal is likely to be announced publicly in the coming days.

Two officials said the vaccine would be delivered in "short order" once the deal was completed, but they declined to give a more specific timetable.

The "releasable" vaccines are ready to be used once they arrive. Under the deal, the United States will share doses with Mexico and Canada now with the understanding that they will pay the United States back with doses in return. The official said that would take place later this year.
[www.cnbc.com]

Date: March 18, 2021 19:36

AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine not linked to blood clot risk, EU drug agency says

Europe's medical regulator said Thursday the AstraZeneca vaccine is "safe and effective" and not associated with a higher blood clot risk, after more than a dozen countries paused rollouts over health fears. The closely-watched announcement comes after the WHO and Britain's health watchdog both said the vaccine was safe, adding that it was far riskier to not get the shot as several countries face a worrying rise in coronavirus cases.

"The committee has come to a clear scientific conclusion: this is a safe and effective vaccine," European Medicines Agency chief Emer Cooke said Thursday after a probe by the body's safety committee.

"The committee also concluded that the vaccine is not associated with an increase in the overall risk of thromboembolic events or blood clots," she added.
[www.cbsnews.com]

Date: March 18, 2021 19:37

Astra Zeneca is the one not approved or used at all in the US, I think?
The one that countries in Europe stopped using?
I could be wrong.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2021 19:53

At total of six persons have got severe and life threatening blood clots, in combination with low number of blood plates, and bleeding, 3-14 days after after taking the AstraZeneca vaccine, and two of these died last week.

The AstraZeneca vaccine will be on hold still in Norway still, for at least one week, while the experts are looking further into the cases.

Norwegian experts conclude ‘strong immune response’ from AstraZeneca vaccine linked to blood clots (The Local Norway 18 March 2021)

Three health care workers under the age of 50 were admitted to hospital with severe blood clots after taking the vaccine. One of the three later died of a brain haemorrhage.

“We have found the cause. There is nothing but the vaccine that can explain the immune reaction that occurred,” Pål Andre Holme, professor and chief physician at Oslo University Hospital told newspaper VG.

Holme led a team that worked round the clock to find out why the health workers, who were all aged under 50, were admitted to hospital with blood clots after taking the vaccine.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 19:54 by bv.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2021 20:00

Rokyfan

Astra Zeneca is the one not approved or used at all in the US, I think?

AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 Vaccine is not approved in the United States because AZ hasn’t applied for emergency-use authorization yet - [www.Forbes.com] - (19-Feb-2021).

AstraZeneca is preparing to file for U.S. emergency-use authorization for its COVID-19 vaccine late March or early April 2021 after accumulating enough data to judge the inoculation’s efficacy - [www.Reuters.com] - (12-Mar-2021).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-18 20:05 by Irix.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 20:18

steffialicia
Rokyfan
Hairball
wonderboy
Rokyfan
JadedFaded

[www.nytimes.com]

Nobody does.

A native New Yorker, I now live in Florida. There has been much made of the fudging of the numbers here. A state employee was fired and harassed because she refused to manipulate the figures as ordered. The vaccine give out had been a nightmare until recently, not to mention extra vaccine being given to the wealthy zip codes as opposed to zip codes more in need. I am very disappointed in Andrew Cuomo but all in all, he did a masterful job in NY.

not the adjective I would choose

[www.nytimes.com]

[www.theguardian.com]

Date: March 18, 2021 21:33

There are thousands of people in upstate New York looking for answers as to why their parents died, why all their attempts to get information are stonewalled. Cuomo did a horrible job, maybe one day all the facts will come out, he's kind of lost his shield. A lot of people still buy his kool-aid but it will come out that he did as bad a job as anyone managing covid, much of it motivated by his childish rivalry with deBlasio, much by his own dominating imperial manner. He made the wrong decisions as to nursing homes, desantis made the opposite decisions. My relatives in Florida nursing homes lived. My relatives in Florida are all vaccinated. Not here. Cuomo is a disaster.

Please don't talk about fudging numbers. We here in NY laugh at you, we are the champs. There no fudging numbers of dead people.

DeSantis may be a complete a*s hole for all I know but he did a decent job on the virus, batter than a lot of governors. I get it that many people can't see through politics though.

Date: March 18, 2021 22:48

Rokyfan
There are thousands of people in upstate New York looking for answers as to why their parents died, why all their attempts to get information are stonewalled. Cuomo did a horrible job, maybe one day all the facts will come out, he's kind of lost his shield. A lot of people still buy his kool-aid but it will come out that he did as bad a job as anyone managing covid, much of it motivated by his childish rivalry with deBlasio, much by his own dominating imperial manner. He made the wrong decisions as to nursing homes, desantis made the opposite decisions. My relatives in Florida nursing homes lived. My relatives in Florida are all vaccinated. Not here. Cuomo is a disaster.

Please don't talk about fudging numbers. We here in NY laugh at you, we are the champs. There no fudging numbers of dead people.

DeSantis may be a complete a*s hole for all I know but he did a decent job on the virus, batter than a lot of governors. I get it that many people can't see through politics though.

Your relatives in Florida must be very well connected. Perhaps they live in one of the glitzy zip codes, which were given favor. Getting my vaccine was a total nightmare of a struggle for weeks and I still had to drive a 120 mile round trip for each of the vaccines I did receive. Until very recently, the vaccine "system" in Florida was a complete disaster for most. Additionally, you sound as if the virus no longer exists...that it is gone "like a miracle". Talk about politics.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 18, 2021 23:30

I had my Astra Zenica shot a few hours ago in Swindon, UK(home of the Magic Roundabout). I feel okay so far...

Date: March 18, 2021 23:52

Ron DeSantis admin sued for violating Florida’s Constitution by hiding COVID variant info: report

On Thursday, the Orlando Sentinel announced it is suing the Florida Department of Health to divulge information about the spread of COVID-19 variants.

"The lawsuit, filed 57 days after the Sentinel first contacted the department for the information, claims there is a 'strong, immediate need ... to understand how the virus continues to spread and affect Floridians,'" reported Kate Santich. "It claims the health department's actions violate the Florida Constitution and asks a Leon County Circuit Court to order the release of the variant information and the release of future data 'in a reasonable and timely fashion.'"

COVID-19 variants are spreading rapidly in Florida; the state has the highest rates in the nation of the B.1.1.7 and P.1 variants.

In general, Florida's COVID situation is roughly in the middle of the pack among all states, with 33,000 deaths as of March 18. However, things are not quite as dire as experts had predicted in light of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis' refusal to restrict business activity and issue mask guidelines — although concerns are mounting about the surge of visitors for Spring Break, and about allegations that DeSantis is steering vaccines to communities that have supported his campaign financially.
[www.rawstory.com]

Date: March 19, 2021 01:46

Meanwhile in California, from CNN:

The real reason some Californians want to recall Gov. Gavin Newsom

"The recall proponents claim that more than a third of the signatures gathered came from either registered Democrats or those expressing no party preference.
Most importantly, the issues driving the recall effort have little to do with partisanship. Voters don't want to recall Newsom because of his stances on climate change, race relations or cultural wedge issues.
Instead, much of the public disaffection is rooted in Newsom's mismanagement and inadequate leadership during the Covid-19 pandemic. And the effort to recall him took life when Newsom made the incomprehensible decision to attend a posh dinner with lobbyists at a Napa Valley restaurant — in contravention of his own guidance to Californians to avoid gatherings and stay at home. (He later called the decision "a mistake.")".

More. > Covid19

Date: March 19, 2021 10:32

If you are a republican living in California, you might dig up dirt about the CA democratic governor and post it here. If you are a democratic living in Florida, you might look for dirt about the republican governor in FL. Same with NY, same with GA, same with any state in USA, I assume. There is sadly a political mistrust in USA. Please do not bring that discussion here into IORR. One year into the pandemic, there are stupid people on all sides. No names mentioned, nobody forgotten. Just stick with the facts, I don't want to see the any domestic political propaganda fights here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 19, 2021 10:56

The European authorities have "cleared" the AstraZenaca of issues relating to blood clots and several countries have reversed their pause.

Among the comments was the statement that the risk posed by taking the vaccine is far less that the risk posed by NOT taking the vaccine.

Separately, in a discussion on this issue I watched on TV it was pointed out that the risk of blood clots (etc) associated with the birth pill far exceeds anything that was ever talked about with regards to the AstraZenaca vaccine.

And in Australia we're promised that the roll out of the locally manufactured AstraZenaca vaccine will start this coming Monday (23rd)..... but it formally hasn't yet been approved by the relevant Australian body (TGA).

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 19, 2021 11:28

CaptainCorella
The European authorities have "cleared" the AstraZenaca of issues relating to blood clots and several countries have reversed their pause.

Among the comments was the statement that the risk posed by taking the vaccine is far less that the risk posed by NOT taking the vaccine.

Separately, in a discussion on this issue I watched on TV it was pointed out that the risk of blood clots (etc) associated with the birth pill far exceeds anything that was ever talked about with regards to the AstraZenaca vaccine.

And in Australia we're promised that the roll out of the locally manufactured AstraZenaca vaccine will start this coming Monday (23rd)..... but it formally hasn't yet been approved by the relevant Australian body (TGA).

Norway are so far blaming the AstraZenaca for the two deaths and four life theatening blood cloth situations in our country, out of 120,000 vaccinated. All are under the age of 50, which makes it all worse. Perfectly healthy people, then 3-14 days after the AstraZenaca vaccine, they are either dead or in emergency.

They say so many die from a blood cloth situation anyway, may be because of taking the pill, monthly, or may be from other factors. The extreme factor here is the low blood plates, and the bleeding, which makes the situation extremely hard to treat, and unless you are in the hands of a large sophisticated hospital, you might die.

Norway will have access to Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson&Johnson, Novovax and other vaccines during the next few months. Personally I think it will be hard to re-introduce the AstraZenaca vaccine in Norway. People are not stupid here. There is a corona crisis, but young people under the age of 50 would not risk their lives for that vaccine.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 19, 2021 11:45

CaptainCorella

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) said about 20 million people in the UK and Europe had received AstraZeneca (as of 16 March) and its committee had reviewed 18 cases of blood clots in a major brain vessel (CVST) and 7 cases of blood clots in multiple blood vessels. It's not yet clear if the vaccine caused these rare events but the committee said this is a possibility, which it will be investigating further. Most of the rare events occurred in people under the age of 55 and the majority were women. The committee said it is investigating whether there may have been a link with the oral contraceptive pill in these cases - [www.NewScientist.com] - (18-Mar-2021, 5pm).

German researchers at Greifswald University Medical Centre have found a possible cause of brain thrombosis after AstraZeneca vaccination. According to this, the vaccine triggers a defence mechanism in some people. When the researchers examined the samples, they found that the vaccine activates the blood platelets, i.e. the thrombocytes. This normally only happens in the body during wound healing, when the blood clots and closes the wound. The vaccination activates a mechanism in some patients that leads to the formation of blood clots in the brain. Since the mechanism has been so clearly identified, a targeted treatment option has also been developed. Those affected can now be administered an active substance that helps against thrombosis. However, the drug cannot be administered as a precautionary measure against thrombosis. Treatment with the active substance is only possible after the formation of a blood clot. - [www.NDR.de] - (19-Mar-2021, in German).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-19 11:55 by Irix.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 19, 2021 13:18

Boris Johnson is having his AstraZenaca vaccination today, reportedly. The blood-clot situation is tragic for those concerned, but the figures are incredibly low. Do we want to move forward, or not? 18 cases in the U.K., out of 20 million vaccinated?

Date: March 19, 2021 17:13

Getting my Pfizer shot today. Biden's goal was a 100 million shots in 100 days and today is day 58. I had roughly hoped to be in the first 100 million shots and here I am.

Date: March 19, 2021 17:28

daspyknows
Getting my Pfizer shot today. Biden's goal was a 100 million shots in 100 days and today is day 58. I had roughly hoped to be in the first 100 million shots and here I am.

Happy for you!

Date: March 19, 2021 17:33

daspyknows

Congrats!!
Was announced yesterday that as of March 31st, restaurant workers etc. will be eligible here in Wa state.
My 38yo chef son and 36yo hostess daughter now have appointments for that day as I got online minutes after the announcement and booked them each one.

Love seeing more and more younger people getting the shot as we get closer to getting all of the most vulnerable completely vaccinated.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 19, 2021 18:02

Finally am eligible in Washington. Playing the waiting list game now. The city of Seattle wants to take over from state & hopefully I'll have my shots before that happens. Will be a disaster.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...219220221222223224225226227228229...LastNext
Current Page: 224 of 344

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home